agushgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agushgar
Dissonance wrote:Although...I sent Perón. With the thingy on the o. That probably got junked by their filter (even though it's more correct!).

Double SIGH.

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
Dissonance wrote:I sent Peron right away. If I didn't get the other one....well. I might as well give up. I can't send emails any faster.

SIGH.

Same here, I guess I can't type the info fast enough.

agushgar

bratib wrote:Same here, I guess I can't type the info fast enough.

The way I did it is this, have your email open, with the crapword@woot.com address already in your "to" line. Wait for the product to change, and if there is a crossword clue, quickly copy and paste it into the subject line, while thinking of the answer. Type your answer in, and hit send, all within a period of about 5 seconds. I did 9 of the answers this way, got 7 correct, and won on the previous one.

skemmis

quality posts: 11 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

Dissonance wrote:Although...I sent Perón. With the thingy on the o. That probably got junked by their filter (even though it's more correct!).

Double SIGH.

Don't worry, we checked for the accent. ;)

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss
agushgar wrote:The way I did it is this, have your email open, with the crapword@woot.com address already in your "to" line. Wait for the product to change, and if there is a crossword clue, quickly copy and paste it into the subject line, while thinking of the answer. Type your answer in, and hit send, all within a period of about 5 seconds. I did 9 of the answers this way, got 7 correct, and won on the previous one.

This is what I'm doing, and a couple times I thought I got it in really fast. But apparently not fast enough. That's ok. This has been fun anyway.

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance
skemmis wrote:Don't worry, we checked for the accent. ;)

Guess I'm just too slow. This is a young man's game (if you're older than 40 and have won, I don't wanna hear about it!). Back to my game of checkers.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

yet another one right too late..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Wait, can bath salts be shipped to Utah, or is that kinda like the wine restriction?

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen

Okay, this is Avon.

Looking at the crossword, I bet a lot of you had this filled in already.

cycokiller

Oh man, there is only about 40 feet of CAT5 cable between me and my mail server.. this one should be mine!

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

24-Down: (Ding Dong) "___ Calling"
AVO - (N)

xD

Relayed to my husband, wonder if he sent it in time. LoL

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Shooot... I think I was slow again. Not paying attention. But yeah, I put Avon

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
agushgar wrote:The way I did it is this, have your email open, with the crapword@woot.com address already in your "to" line. Wait for the product to change, and if there is a crossword clue, quickly copy and paste it into the subject line, while thinking of the answer. Type your answer in, and hit send, all within a period of about 5 seconds. I did 9 of the answers this way, got 7 correct, and won on the previous one.

I already start with the email open and address inserted. I will try the copy and paste though. Thanx.

trekmiss

jon98gn wrote:Shooot... I think I was slow again. Not paying attention. But yeah, I put Avon

ditto.

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun

Got down Avon, but hestitated when putting my answer.

That has to be it, though.

agushgar

Zarabear wrote:24-Down: (Ding Dong) "___ Calling"
AVO - (N)

xD

Relayed to my husband, wonder if he sent it in time. LoL

I would doubt that since it was a pretty easy one, but anything is possible I guess. GL to you both.

trekmiss

Pre-guess that 36-across has something to do with flying bats...

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

perhaps one of us over 40 will get AVON just by remembering commercials

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Zarabear

I'd really rather someone else get it, since I already won my BOC. But he wanted to join the fun (but I'm the one sitting and hanging out.) Hahaha, it's adding a bit of fun to his day. They are trying to finish up maintenance on the Wind Turbines and all this high wind has been bothersome (but good for production!)

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

i know i didn't get my answer for 24-down in in time. don't these people that i work with realize that i am more interested in this crossword than answering their questions.

KissedToad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KissedToad

Stupid cat. I would have had this one in on time if I didn't have to run to the vet to pick up her medicine.

Zarabear

annwat wrote:i know i didn't get my answer for 24-down in in time. don't these people that i work with realize that i am more interested in this crossword than answering their questions.

So inconsiderate Annwat! xD They should know better! :p

mossygreen

quality posts: 70 Private Messages mossygreen
trekmiss wrote:Pre-guess that 36-across has something to do with flying bats...

Oh, I really hope so.

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway
Dissonance wrote:Guess I'm just too slow. This is a young man's game (if you're older than 40 and have won, I don't wanna hear about it!). Back to my game of checkers.

Sorry, but the email specifically says, "Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship." And I am over 40.

So consider your face rubbed.

KissedToad

mossygreen wrote:Oh, I really hope so.

Black flying bats?

Dissonance

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Dissonance

Anyone else furiously type up and send out an email, catch their breath, and then think, "oh! There's a new Woot item up!"? Just me?

cycokiller

Dissonance wrote:Anyone else furiously type up and send out an email, catch their breath, and then think, "oh! There's a new Woot item up!"? Just me?

Haha.. yeah every time I'm all "wait, what were they selling?"

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
Dissonance wrote:Anyone else furiously type up and send out an email, catch their breath, and then think, "oh! There's a new Woot item up!"? Just me?

I realized the exact same thing. I'm also neglecting the other sites since I'm so focused on just woot.com.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 56 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 166

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

i'm hoping that when this is all over, i will get a sympathy bag of crosswords link from woot.

Jessara

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jessara
trekmiss wrote:Pre-guess that 36-across has something to do with flying bats...

Someone else predicted 41-a was oomph, which would give altp?, which doesn't seem likely. Perhaps the clues will get trickier as things progress.

cycokiller

If anyone wins and doesn't want their BoC for whatever reason, you can PM me the URL if you want

agushgar

cycokiller wrote:If anyone wins and doesn't want their BoC for whatever reason, you can PM me the URL if you want

What a kind, selfless, and understanding individual you are

KissedToad

A cat question, did they read my comment earlier?

agushgar

"Trap-Neuter-Return-Manage" ... what in the crap...

Coogles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Coogles
KissedToad wrote:Stupid cat. I would have had this one in on time if I didn't have to run to the vet to pick up her medicine.

Wow, that was prophetic!

Zarabear

That one was tricky. xD Counting and everything, outside website. (that lagged due to influx of woot traffic!) You guys are good!!!

(TNRM)
Trap, Neuter, Return, Manage. xD

~Zara

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

WHY!!! Why did my email have to freak out when I put the subject line in? I knew that answer without looking it up

trekmiss

4-down

TNRM

be careful with auto-correct if you're on ios.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Wow.. woot's server died on me.. was that a mini-server outtage. I think i was way behind that curve

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
agushgar wrote:What a kind, selfless, and understanding individual you are

What a lazy player they are. :P