scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars
erynsmith wrote:is it just me, what is the 3rd clue, or is there not a clue on every item?

Cause this item says

"Wait, dude: you mean I don't HAVE to rest my camera on a pile of beer cans?"

where the clues were

If there were a clue for every item, there would only be 63 items. Woot-offs go through more than that. (except for when they start with a bunch of tripods)

skemmis

quality posts: 15 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

scarredwithstars wrote:If there were a clue for every item, there would only be 63 items. Woot-offs go through more than that. (except for when they start with a bunch of tripods)

Good question. There is not a clue for every item (as the current item evinces)

erynsmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erynsmith
scarredwithstars wrote:If there were a clue for every item, there would only be 63 items. Woot-offs go through more than that. (except for when they start with a bunch of tripods)

Woot offs have always gone as long as they want them to go. They could have made a 63 item woot off. Its 62 more items than woot normally has so its a bonus. Also when you throw in a $1000 TV or something these things can stretch on too

skemmis wrote:Good question. There is not a clue for every item (as the current item evinces)

Yay someone who knows something! Can we expect some sort of notifications to the winners? to the losers? Can we get the answers please!!!

skemmis

Staff

erynsmith wrote:Yay someone who knows something! Can we expect some sort of notifications to the winners? to the losers? Can we get the answers please!!!

Yeah, sorry guys, we're busy making sure everything is working. The winners will receive an email. The "losers" (thought we'd never call you that to your faces) enjoy the meditative lull of silence.

cosmotherobot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cosmotherobot
skemmis wrote:Good question. There is not a clue for every item (as the current item evinces)

I have learned a new word (evince)today. Who needs a Basket of Cairn Terrier

favrerocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages favrerocks

Do you have to put the word SUBJECT (in capitals) in the subject line and BODY (in capitals) in the body of the email? Thanks!

Random Crap x3
Norman, Monticello (rat), Cavedoni (bv), Chase (x3), Benson (x3) and much more to come

skemmis

Staff

favrerocks wrote:Do you have to put the word SUBJECT (in capitals) in the subject line and BODY (in capitals) in the body of the email? Thanks!

Caps don't matter. Good questions. I'll put together a FAQ on the next update.

erynsmith

skemmis wrote:Yeah, sorry guys, we're busy making sure everything is working. The winners will receive an email. The "losers" (thought we'd never call you that to your faces) enjoy the meditative lull of silence.

THE ANSWERS SKEMMIS!!! We NEED the ANSWERS!!!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

neato!

that was fun while it lasted!

favrerocks

skemmis wrote:Caps don't matter. Good questions. I'll put together a FAQ on the next update.

Thank you muchly!

Random Crap x3
Norman, Monticello (rat), Cavedoni (bv), Chase (x3), Benson (x3) and much more to come

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway
joshobra wrote:Don't think there's a clue on that one.

But no worries though, there will be 63 clues total. Whoop-te-do.

Where did you get 63 clues? I count 76 words in this puzzle; 35 horizontal, 41 vertical.

Of course towards the end, the puzzle can be completely filled before the last clues are read, but still, there should be 76 clues.

skemmis

Staff

So folks want the answers? I just don't want to spoil it for the crossword nerds. I can tell you that we pre-empted all the snark, and that the answer to 1-Across was, in fact "Woot". I believe the official term is:

=P

HaxRomana

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HaxRomana
skemmis wrote:Caps don't matter. Good questions. I'll put together a FAQ on the next update.

Wait, is that a "yes" on the other part of the compound question you're answering? Do we have to put the word "subject" in the subject line and "body" in the body of the email?

"Permasuck, from Frobozz Electric! We don't make things that suck, we make things that suck, permanently!"

erynsmith

skemmis wrote:So folks want the answers? I just don't want to spoil it for the crossword nerds. I can tell you that we pre-empted all the snark, and that the answer to 1-Across was, in fact "Woot". I believe the official term is:

=P

It is kind of insulting that you are aware that you sold out and that your company has become worse as a whole, and you can joke about it but you can't grow the balls to stand up for what made Woot! so great in the first place.

mpatrick14

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mpatrick14

Thanks, unofficial non-bot =)

81 Woots - 15 Birthday of Celebrations!!!7/11/14 - Birthday of Celebrations and BOSC 4/23/13 Crapword Birthday of Celebrations!!7/12/11BOC!!!6/15/11 Birthday of Celebrations!!5/11/11 Birthday of Celebrations 12/25/10 Birthday of Celebrations!! 10/21/10 Birthday of Celebrations 8/20/10 Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday of Celebrations 4/1/10 Birthday of Celebrations 3/26/10 WOOOOOT!!!!PINK SANSA Birthday of Celebrations!!!! 11/19/09 Birthday of Celebrations - 7/12/09 - 1 other craptastic crap bag - 3/27/09 60+ days of no sleep - Free, 9 flying moneys - Priceless

skemmis

Staff

HaxRomana wrote:Wait, is that a "yes" on the other part of the compound question you're answering? Do we have to put the word "subject" in the subject line and "body" in the body of the email?

Oh whoops. No! Those are just illustrative.

skemmis

Staff

erynsmith wrote:It is kind of insulting that you are aware that you sold out and that your company has become worse as a whole, and you can joke about it but you can't grow the balls to stand up for what made Woot! so great in the first place.

=`(

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

voting for answers or maybe a spoiler page that has the answers and we all swear not to post them on the discussion thread.

erynsmith

HaxRomana wrote:Wait, is that a "yes" on the other part of the compound question you're answering? Do we have to put the word "subject" in the subject line and "body" in the body of the email?

yes I am confused on this as well, because i assumed that those were just the headings that you didnt need to include the word SUBJECT and instead just needed to put that info in the "Subject" section of your email.

HaxRomana

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HaxRomana
annwat wrote:voting for answers or maybe a spoiler page that has the answers and we all swear not to post them on the discussion thread.

Yes, I, as a bona fide crossword nerd (hey hi hello) declare on behalf of all crossword nerds that you won't spoil anything if you release the answers.

"Permasuck, from Frobozz Electric! We don't make things that suck, we make things that suck, permanently!"

erynsmith

skemmis wrote:=`(

I cried too

erynsmith

29-Across: 16px by 16px logo, with "con"

I have ventured my guess and it was:

"Icon"

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

Sent in my guess on this last clue. *keeps fingers crossed* I'll let you all know if I got it. LoL

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars
erynsmith wrote:I cried too

Daily woot digest email was a correct answer tease :-/

favrerocks

erynsmith wrote:29-Across: 16px by 16px logo, with "con"

"Icon"

My guess was "Favi"

Random Crap x3

jon98gn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages jon98gn

"Icon"

Mine too. but I think I was a little slow on the trigger. Took me a couple of minutes to figure it out.

\

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

"Icon"

I messed up on that one. I immediately sent it as "favicon" but I looked at the crossword just now and it's only four letters.

16x16 is a standard-ish favicon. >_<;

So it HAS to be icon. Darn it, lol. Oh well. I go cry now.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

MichaelWB

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MichaelWB

"Icon"

con(tent)

erynsmith

Zarabear wrote:Sent in my guess on this last clue. *keeps fingers crossed* I'll let you all know if I got it. LoL

There is no harm in sharing your guess after you send it in, none that i can see

Zarabear

I sent in icon.

mikeebee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mikeebee

I went with favi(con)

kcostell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kcostell

Usually when you see "___(with XXX)" in a crossword puzzle, it means that if you take if you take the answer and add XXX to it, you'll get ___.

By that system, the answer here is Favi.

bennybenz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bennybenz

"Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you.

[LINK REDACTED]

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot"

Well, I was specifically asked to rub victory in your faces, so...

skemmis

Staff

OK folks I added an answer column in the spreadsheet (see Wootbot for this thread for continuing updates). You have to scroll over to the RIGHT to see it, so people who don't want to get it spoiled won't have to. Make sense?

erynsmith

kcostell wrote:Usually when you see "___(with XXX)" in a crossword puzzle, it means that if you take if you take the answer and add XXX to it, you'll get ___.

Yeah this is most likely the right answer, I went with Icon as well. Favicon is prolly more likely

Zarabear

Thanks so much~! And Congrats on your BOC up there!

kcostell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kcostell

Will you send some sort of consolation tissue to whoever sends in the most correct answers without actually getting a bag?

annwat

thanks, skemmis!

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
kcostell wrote:Usually when you see "___(with XXX)" in a crossword puzzle, it means that if you take if you take the answer and add XXX to it, you'll get ___.

And that's why I fail at crossword.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

annwat

i'm sure the woot weenies laughed at how stupid i was to submit "robo" for the 29 across clue.