Portable Sonar Fish Finder
Flush Light
Uniden Bluetooth Headset
LeakFrog Water Leak Alarm 2-Pack
Crap Bags X5
Joined Woot on Oct 2008

Dissonance

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Dissonance
skemmis wrote:"of me" or "ofme" were fine (we didn't specify beforehand)

So...you're saying I won...?

Ok ok....it was worth a shot.

mpatrick14

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mpatrick14

I agree with Zarabear. This is the first time woot has been fun in a long time.

(And I am totally not saying that just because I won a BOC)

81 Woots - 15 Birthday of Celebrations!!!7/11/14 - Birthday of Celebrations and BOSC 4/23/13 Crapword Birthday of Celebrations!!7/12/11BOC!!!6/15/11 Birthday of Celebrations!!5/11/11 Birthday of Celebrations 12/25/10 Birthday of Celebrations!! 10/21/10 Birthday of Celebrations 8/20/10 Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday of Celebrations 4/1/10 Birthday of Celebrations 3/26/10 WOOOOOT!!!!PINK SANSA Birthday of Celebrations!!!! 11/19/09 Birthday of Celebrations - 7/12/09 - 1 other craptastic crap bag - 3/27/09 60+ days of no sleep - Free, 9 flying moneys - Priceless

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
mpatrick14 wrote:I agree with Zarabear. This is the first time woot has been fun in a long time.

It helps, though, doesn't it? I'm finding the challenge more enjoyable now that I'm not worried about sending an e-mail.

PS I agree with Zarabear too.

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

*high5 mpatrick * mossygreen!* xD I like the focus on community as opposed to such crap shoots and server overloads and battling the big bad bots. It made the doctor ordered bedrest today a little easier to swallow to know I could hang out in here with you all!
(I'll be fine, bad bronchitis, coupled with asthma; just need to take it easy for a few days and let my body heal the rest of the way.)

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

It's "Of Me." *EDIT: Oh, right. Dozens of you have already said this part.

Coworker who was smart enough to leave the office and get home before I did won one of them. The jerk. Congrats to him, and I'll keep trying.

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat
Zarabear wrote:Me too Annwat, It was nice hanging out last night so late. xD Everyone's been great. I don't get a lot of time to hang out on the forums, I own a website of my own that I"m constantly working on. But the forums have been a great enhancement for an already fun woot off/BOC hunt!

same here as regards hanging out last nite! i'm generally more of a lurker on the forums - think i've prolly posted more in the last 18 hours than i have the entire time i've been a woot member.

this has been my favorite endeavor as regards the woot off bag. if i don't get one this time around, oh well, i've still had a blast.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
mpatrick14 wrote:I agree with Zarabear. This is the first time woot has been fun in a long time.

I had a lot of fun this morning with this. I wish I had time to do this all day, but the boss wouldn't go for it. He kept coming over all day and wondering what I was doing with the crossword puzzle up.

I did want to come check back in on things before I head out for home though. Hope everyone is having a good time!

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev

That's IT, woot, you have sucked up way too much of my time, energy, and concentration today. I am done. Who needs your stupid old BOC anyway? (Yes, those are sour grapes you smell as I stomp out of the site.) Please let this shenanigan be over tonight so I don't have to waste another day F5-ing tomorrow.

mpatrick14

mossygreen wrote:It helps, though, doesn't it? I'm finding the challenge more enjoyable now that I'm not worried about sending an e-mail.

PS I agree with Zarabear too.

It does help! You should of seen me last night with my emails pre-addressed, frantically clicking f5 to get to the clue before anyone else, each time frustrated with my stupidity when it comes to solving crossword clues.

Without the stress of getting the BOC, it is fun to take guesses, laugh at other people's guesses, and be happy for the lucky folks winning after repeatedly trying.

I did manage to get lucky quite a few times the old way, but it is cool to see people who really enjoy woot and the community aspect of it actually have a semi decent chance of winning.

Also, there is a sliver of hope that since the number of boxes is so small this time, they are actually going to be really crappy with lots of variation, total randomness, and hopefully some cool stuff too.

It has been almost 2 years since I had the full woot BOC experience. I really missed it!

I hope that the powers that be see that woot is so much better when you keep at least a sliver of what made you great in the first place!

81 Woots - 15 Birthday of Celebrations!!!7/11/14 - Birthday of Celebrations and BOSC 4/23/13 Crapword Birthday of Celebrations!!7/12/11BOC!!!6/15/11 Birthday of Celebrations!!5/11/11 Birthday of Celebrations 12/25/10 Birthday of Celebrations!! 10/21/10 Birthday of Celebrations 8/20/10 Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday of Celebrations 4/1/10 Birthday of Celebrations 3/26/10 WOOOOOT!!!!PINK SANSA Birthday of Celebrations!!!! 11/19/09 Birthday of Celebrations - 7/12/09 - 1 other craptastic crap bag - 3/27/09 60+ days of no sleep - Free, 9 flying moneys - Priceless

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

We need to be able to 'like' posts or vote them up or something. Hehehe

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

annwat

mpatrick14 wrote:It does help! You should of seen me last night with my emails pre-addressed, frantically clicking f5 to get to the clue before anyone else, each time frustrated with my stupidity when it comes to solving crossword clues.

Without the stress of getting the BOC, it is fun to take guesses, laugh at other people's guesses, and be happy for the lucky folks winning after repeatedly trying.

I did manage to get lucky quite a few times the old way, but it is cool to see people who really enjoy woot and the community aspect of it actually have a semi decent chance of winning.

Also, there is a sliver of hope that since the number of boxes is so small this time, they are actually going to be really crappy with lots of variation, total randomness, and hopefully some cool stuff too.

It has been almost 2 years since I had the full woot BOC experience. I really missed it!

I hope that the powers that be see that woot is so much better when you keep at least a sliver of what made you great in the first place!

hah, even with my emails pre-addressed, almost completely ready to go, i still manage to mung things up somehow when i go to send my answer in. woot has probably blacklisted my email address because there were a couple of times where i frenziedly answered but had pasted the previous clue into my email subject line.

mpatrick14

Linad wrote:

WOOT! I was waiting for that...

BonoMan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BonoMan

I do crosswords pretty religiously every day so I was stoked to see this challenge come up.

I was hitting some pretty quickly and kept getting bummed that I wasn't one of the first two.

Finally won on "Of Me" (!!!) ... the email instructed me to rub it in your face so here goes:

I won by popping over to Chrome and using the address bar's auto complete suggestion to get the correct answer.

That's how slow you all are. I used a browser's search suggestion.

And.

Still.

Was.

Faster.

Than.

You!

maraich

quality posts: 3 Private Messages maraich

Enjoying this big time! Haven't won yet, but I have hope I can remedy that. I'd like to see this become a regular feature of the Woot-Off!

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

------------------
I Bet on Sky

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte

afore?

jalopatin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jalopatin
FrostByte wrote:afore?

agreed

Dissonance

That was my guess.

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

I panicked. googled "33-Across: Mentioned prefix" and the first thing I saw that was 5 letters was "metric" I don't think I'm correct

mpatrick14

I like it

FrostByte

jalopatin wrote:agreed

had to bing it... probably killed my chances.

sidelsky18

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sidelsky18

I'm going to be mad if I didn't win on "afore". I sent the email within a minute of the clue going up.

Woots Purchased
---------------
Bundle of Carrots (10/12/11)
Barge of Cats (4/24/13)

joshobra

Yep, I got afore as well.. yet took too darn long.

annwat

darn it, i MUST stop getting involved in actual work. twice now i've missed the clue when it first showed up.

FrostByte

FrostByte wrote:had to bing it... probably killed my chances.

does anyone else thing bing would do better if they had a two syllable name? "I had to google it" sounds better than "I had to bing it".

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars
sidelsky18 wrote:I'm going to be mad if I didn't win on "afore". I sent the email within a minute of the clue going up.

A minute? I've lost within 15 seconds, consistently.

EvilCoatrack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EvilCoatrack

Afore sounds good to me. I caught it pretty quick, but wasted precious seconds looking for the "Send" button on the email account I rarely use...

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

33-Across: Mentioned prefix

"afore"

EDIT: Anyone else attempting this from a cell phone?

joshobra

FrostByte wrote:does anyone else thing bing would do better if they had a two syllable name? "I had to google it" sounds better than "I had to bing it".

I think Bang would've been a better name.

"I Banged [insert search here]".

FrostByte

joshobra wrote:I think Bang would've been a better name.

"I Banged [insert search here]".

ha

sccrkeepr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sccrkeepr

Afore, but i sent the email at exactly one minute, because i couldnt get the Subject box formatted correctly

Dissonance

Literally 3 seconds. If I don't get it, it's either Woot's fault or Gmail's fault.

C'mon! Pappa needs a new bag o crap!

timg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timg

2-Down: Fifty-first software release

OSLI ?

Dissonance

timg wrote:2-Down: Fifty-first software release

OSLI ?

Yes.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
Dissonance wrote:Literally 3 seconds. If I don't get it, it's either Woot's fault or Gmail's fault.

C'mon! Pappa needs a new bag o crap!

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that you're at the mercy of your email provider, not to mention your browser refresh, etc. etc. But then again, it does kind of even the playing field...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

brandoline94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandoline94
timg wrote:2-Down: Fifty-first software release

OSLI ?

Same thing I got, but probably not fast enough. Y'all with your 3 second and 15 second responses have me questioning my intellijuntz.

tweakybumz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tweakybumz

OSVI

edit: blech, I fail at roman numerals