Tabazko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tabazko

This is complicated and boring. Please just go back to the basic random Bag of Cowardliness! Stop trying to be innovative. You have ruined what used to be a fun experience.

Can I have hot sauce with that?

erynsmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erynsmith

Holy crap, that last item wasnt a remote controlled car, it was an Optical mouse!?!

You've gotten me engaged quite a bit now Woot, too bad its clearly not shopping

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

I think this is a pretty fun way. I'm staying up to play, knowing I'm against actual people and not bots which is a nice feeling. I may just get my second Bag of Cowardliness after 150 shirts, and 200+ woots altogether. A girl can hope!

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
Tabazko wrote:This is complicated and boring. Please just go back to the basic random Bag of Cowardliness! Stop trying to be innovative. You have ruined what used to be a fun experience.

Right. Watching Woot-offs end abruptly with the DDosIng hardcore Wooters and Wootbots gave it was "fun". Ugh.

I'll take the insane crossword.

GIVE US ANOTHER CLUE!

jon98gn

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jon98gn
Moueska wrote:Right. Watching Woot-offs end abruptly with the DDosIng hardcore Wooters and Wootbots gave it was "fun". Ugh.

I'll take the insane crossword.

GIVE US ANOTHER CLUE!

So instead of a buy 3 so we can buy a baggie.. It'll be buy 3 so we can have another clue to buy a baggie.

\

straub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages straub

If you want to see the whole crapword spreadsheet in its own tab/window rather than that dinky embedded spreadsheet, you can use this link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ap19MphrCWRAdE0zbjB6Y29BSEhFb2V2QkFiMTE3YWc

erynsmith

Tabazko wrote:This is complicated and boring. Please just go back to the basic random Bag of Cowardliness! Stop trying to be innovative. You have ruined what used to be a fun experience.

"Fun experience" i think you might be the only one. Im sure no one got seriously upset over the woes of the BOC but refreshing endlessly, actually filling out the info and submitting and waiting 20 mionutes to find out if i got one. getting a "You got one" Message only to be sent an email the day later saying there was an error and i dont get one. The old BOC method was CHOAS. certianly some entertainly chaos but i like the effort to make it more available.

erynsmith

jon98gn wrote:So instead of a buy 3 so we can buy a baggie.. It'll be buy 3 so we can have another clue to buy a baggie.

It spreads it out tho. If they did 1 BOC during a whole 2 day woot off and they gave out 150 BOCs then its a mad dash at that one moment, where as here you can go to sleep, leave for work, do stuff and as long as you check back in and wait around for another clue you have a shot. I think its a step in the right direction.

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

i'm sure that i won't get any of the clues correct but i think this is a nice change of pace as regards getting a coveted bag. at least i know i'm not fighting for bandwidth/server resources/etc.

bennybenz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bennybenz

Anyone remember the Woot Hunt? Yeah, this can't be worse than that.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
bennybenz wrote:Anyone remember the Woot Hunt? Yeah, this can't be worse than that.

At least Woot Hunt didn't feel like playing Jeopardy!

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

marktendler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marktendler

i enjoyed the treasure map, they did with captain crapbeard

erynsmith

bennybenz wrote:Anyone remember the Woot Hunt? Yeah, this can't be worse than that.

Or what about the black and decker battery woot off where it was just endless amounts of black and decker cordless drill batteries and then like a bunch of random BOCs

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1

I'm 1 for 3 so far...not looking good...

mpatrick14

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mpatrick14

Just imagine how much faster items would be selling out if you still had all day shipping...

81 Woots - 15 Birthday of Celebrations!!!7/11/14 - Birthday of Celebrations and BOSC 4/23/13 Crapword Birthday of Celebrations!!7/12/11BOC!!!6/15/11 Birthday of Celebrations!!5/11/11 Birthday of Celebrations 12/25/10 Birthday of Celebrations!! 10/21/10 Birthday of Celebrations 8/20/10 Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday of Celebrations 4/1/10 Birthday of Celebrations 3/26/10 WOOOOOT!!!!PINK SANSA Birthday of Celebrations!!!! 11/19/09 Birthday of Celebrations - 7/12/09 - 1 other craptastic crap bag - 3/27/09 60+ days of no sleep - Free, 9 flying moneys - Priceless

erynsmith

mpatrick14 wrote:Just imagine how much faster items would be selling out if you still had all day shipping...

all day shipping? do you mean combined shipping(like $5 total shipping not each)? or did woot used to ship in the middle of the night and stuff?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

This is what happens when a bunch of fun-loving fools sell their e-commerce site to a bunch of bean counters. Ersatz entertainment disguising overzealous selling with one goal: more money. Boo! Hisss! At least they recognize that woot! was better when it was more fun and less about the bottom line.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

annwat

marktendler wrote:i enjoyed the treasure map, they did with captain crapbeard

yes, the treasure map was a lot of fun!

my least favorite game related one was the arcade game where the konami (sp?) codes wound up helping people get their bags.

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway
Zarabear wrote:I think this is a pretty fun way. I'm staying up to play, knowing I'm against actual people and not bots which is a nice feeling. I may just get my second Bag of Cowardliness after 150 shirts, and 200+ woots altogether. A girl can hope!

I hate to burst your bubble, but consider that there are only 152 Bag available, being up for grabs only two at a time. Now consider that after the puzzle is half filled in, with maybe half of the clues still left, many of the last answers are going to be known well before their clue is given. So, towards the end of the puzzle, it's going to be just another race to see who can copy, paste, and send the fastest. With only TWO winners!!!

In the good-old-days, there were 3,000 Bags available, or sometimes multiple offerings of 3,000 Bags. Yes, it was a feeding frenzy with most of us coming up empty most of the time. But now you are fighting for only TWO Bags, 76 separate times.

Still liking your odds?

skemmis

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

ckeilah wrote:This is what happens when a bunch of fun-loving fools sell their e-commerce site to a bunch of bean counters. Ersatz entertainment disguising overzealous selling with one goal: more money. Boo! Hisss! At least they recognize that woot! was better when it was more fun and less about the bottom line.

Sounds like somebody's warming up their lexicon for some FUN CROSSWORD ACTION WOOOOOOOO

annwat

ok, for those of you who are pooping on the fun that those of us ARE having with the crossword hunt may i ask that you go poop somewhere else?

mpatrick14

erynsmith wrote:all day shipping? do you mean combined shipping(like $5 total shipping not each)? or did woot used to ship in the middle of the night and stuff?

Yes, as in once you pay shipping once, you have free shipping all day. I was excited when I snagged my ghetto Forever Lazy's that I could go crazy on this woot-off, then I saw that they got rid of it. Now I have already passed on 2 other items I would have bought because shipping killed it.

All Miss Gulching aside, I do have to say this is the first woot-off in over a year that I have actually started following instead of going to bed.

81 Woots - 15 Birthday of Celebrations!!!7/11/14 - Birthday of Celebrations and BOSC 4/23/13 Crapword Birthday of Celebrations!!7/12/11BOC!!!6/15/11 Birthday of Celebrations!!5/11/11 Birthday of Celebrations 12/25/10 Birthday of Celebrations!! 10/21/10 Birthday of Celebrations 8/20/10 Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday of Celebrations 4/1/10 Birthday of Celebrations 3/26/10 WOOOOOT!!!!PINK SANSA Birthday of Celebrations!!!! 11/19/09 Birthday of Celebrations - 7/12/09 - 1 other craptastic crap bag - 3/27/09 60+ days of no sleep - Free, 9 flying moneys - Priceless

Zarabear

uplateanyway wrote:I hate to burst your bubble, but consider that there are only 152 Bag available, being up for grabs only two at a time. Now consider that after the puzzle is half filled in, with maybe half of the clues still left, many of the last answers are going to be known well before their clue is given. So, towards the end of the puzzle, it's going to be just another race to see who can copy, paste, and send the fastest. With only TWO winners!!!

In the good-old-days, there were 3,000 Bags available, or sometimes multiple offerings of 3,000 Bags. Yes, it was a feeding frenzy with most of us coming up empty most of the time. But now you are fighting for only TWO Bags, 76 separate times.

Still liking your odds?

Yup, I'm doing quite well currently. Thank you for your concern and for spelling it out so clearly. xD

bsmith1

quality posts: 106 Private Messages bsmith1
annwat wrote:yes, the treasure map was a lot of fun!

my least favorite game related one was the arcade game where the konami (sp?) codes wound up helping people get their bags.

Crap shoot game ruled! Problem was people could get multiple bags at different levels and people figured out how to trick the link without beating the level.
My fave was the crap your own adventures. That wouldn't work with the current site format. (no long product write-ups)

mpatrick14

wow, that was the first time I frantically hit F5 in at least a year.

too bad there was not a clue there...

mpatrick14

bsmith1 wrote:Crap shoot game ruled! Problem was people could get multiple bags at different levels and people figured out how to trick the link without beating the level.
My fave was the crap your own adventures. That wouldn't work with the current site format. (no long product write-ups)

Crap Your Own Adventure was my fav too. Even after I won I still went back and read all that crap. I always loved those stupid books...

Moueska

uplateanyway wrote:I hate to burst your bubble, but consider that there are only 152 Bag available, being up for grabs only two at a time. Now consider that after the puzzle is half filled in, with maybe half of the clues still left, many of the last answers are going to be known well before their clue is given. So, towards the end of the puzzle, it's going to be just another race to see who can copy, paste, and send the fastest. With only TWO winners!!!

Still liking your odds?

Also, think about all the DDOSing Wootbots that will not be in play, and the wooters that will be scared off or frustrated by the game. I like 'em better. Considerably so.

Zarabear

Mouseka and Annwat - I like your attitudes.

Moueska

30 across - Fugitive's 20

annwat

please woot, tell me that my latest answer was correct and that i was one of the first two. i don't generally ask for much.

erynsmith

30 across: fugitives twenty

3 letters

my guess: APB

annwat

i guessed "lam" (which is prolly wrong)

Moueska

annwat wrote:i guessed "lam" (which is prolly wrong)

ROFL - so did I.

mikeebee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mikeebee

went with run, as in on the run

MommyMidnight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MommyMidnight

I think it's lam

erynsmith

annwat wrote:i guessed "lam" (which is prolly wrong)

I would like to change my answer to this one. Lol, i know i cant, but this is probably right. Check your inbox and let us know if you win!

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars
mikeebee wrote:went with run, as in on the run

Was thinking either 'Key' since it's the title of a famous piano piece(s). Or 'loc' as in location.

skemmis

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

Posted the answer. You guys are good.

sueb2b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sueb2b

I said "ten" (as in 10-20)...also probably wrong.

erynsmith

scarredwithstars wrote:Was thinking either 'Key' since it's the title of a famous piano piece(s). Or 'loc' as in location.

I think you are trying too hard. they are right on the cusp of too easy, but none have been that indepth