joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra
scarredwithstars wrote:Was thinking either 'Key' since it's the title of a famous piano piece(s). Or 'loc' as in location.

I think 20 is location, but since its a three letter word.

So I put QTH which may mean "What's your location".

I dunno, this one was tricky as the rest.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

baillard

quality posts: 6 Private Messages baillard

Is the PDF available as a fillable form so we can type on it? The file I downloaded doesn't allow me to type in it
60DF4d01.pdf

Where did I put my my quill and inkpot?

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

Annwat, were you one of the first 2??

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat

yeah, got one right (but no supersecret code email yet)!

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars
skemmis wrote:Posted the answer. You guys are good.

Where?

jon98gn

quality posts: 20 Private Messages jon98gn

Funny I was thinking On The Lamb.. and saying to myself.. OTL???

mpatrick14

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mpatrick14
skemmis wrote:Posted the answer. You guys are good.

Some of us, not so much...

81 Woots - 15 Birthday of Celebrations!!!7/11/14 - Birthday of Celebrations and BOSC 4/23/13 Crapword Birthday of Celebrations!!7/12/11BOC!!!6/15/11 Birthday of Celebrations!!5/11/11 Birthday of Celebrations 12/25/10 Birthday of Celebrations!! 10/21/10 Birthday of Celebrations 8/20/10 Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday of Celebrations 4/1/10 Birthday of Celebrations 3/26/10 WOOOOOT!!!!PINK SANSA Birthday of Celebrations!!!! 11/19/09 Birthday of Celebrations - 7/12/09 - 1 other craptastic crap bag - 3/27/09 60+ days of no sleep - Free, 9 flying moneys - Priceless

mikeebee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mikeebee
scarredwithstars wrote:Where?

first post there is a spreadsheet with the clues.... scroll right

skemmis

quality posts: 11 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

scarredwithstars wrote:Where?

In the spreadsheet on the Wootbot post (original post). Scroll to the right to see the answers.

quality posts: 3 Private Messages avatard
mikeebee wrote:went with run, as in on the run

Same. Fugitives by definition are running away from the law.

marktendler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages marktendler
baillard wrote:Is the PDF available as a fillable form so we can type on it? The file I downloaded doesn't allow me to type in it
60DF4d01.pdf

adobe reader can make it fillable if you insert text

jon98gn

mpatrick14 wrote:Some of us, not so much...

Don't worry. The sharp ones are slowly being dulled out by already winning. Soon there will only be 3-5 am zombies trying to type coherent messages.

45-across: wawr

sueb2b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sueb2b
mpatrick14 wrote:Some of us, not so much...

Yeah...the way I'm answering...it's bedtime.

annwat

also there's a full googledocs page with the updates - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ap19MphrCWRAdE0zbjB6Y29BSEhFb2V2QkFiMTE3YWc

scarredwithstars

mikeebee wrote:first post there is a spreadsheet with the clues.... scroll right

Thanks, didn't think it would be there since right above that it says "We're going to keep the answers secret for now"

bsmith1

quality posts: 101 Private Messages bsmith1

I hate gmail's new compose...apparently gmail was not responding, but compose window disappeared like it was sent. Nope. Had to open Chrome, but far too late.

annwat

skemmis (or whoever else is monitoring the emails) - thanks for the close but no cigar email!

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway

Alright, not as hard as I originally thought. (But I still say: It's going to get harder as the puzzle fills in.)

You can only have ONE B.O.C. this week. Duplicate orders will be cancelled.

Seriously! Limit one bag per customer! One crapload per wooter! For real! We're crapping you negative!

THE HOLY CRAP COMMANDMENTS v4.0

I. Thou shalt expect nothing beyond ONE bag of some kind and THREE crappy items.

II. Thou shalt probably expect not to even get a Bag o’ Crap at all. We only have enough for about 10% of the people who want them. Thou art probably in that other 90%.

III. Thou shalt notice that “crap” is right there in the title. Thou shalt not complain when it turns out we were telling the truth.

IV. Thou wouldst probably be better off spending thine eight bucks on just about anything else.

V. Thou shalt be assured that Woot hath upgraded its servers and code to minimize errors and crashes. But thou shalt remind thyself that even if those servers did work perfectly, it would simply mean the BoC sold out earlier.

VI. Should thou fail in thy quest for crap, congratulations. Failure is the biggest crap of all.

mpatrick14

jon98gn wrote:Don't worry. The sharp ones are slowly being dulled out by already winning. Soon there will only be 3-5 am zombies trying to type coherent messages.

That's what I am hoping for!

81 Woots - 15 Birthday of Celebrations!!!7/11/14 - Birthday of Celebrations and BOSC 4/23/13 Crapword Birthday of Celebrations!!7/12/11BOC!!!6/15/11 Birthday of Celebrations!!5/11/11 Birthday of Celebrations 12/25/10 Birthday of Celebrations!! 10/21/10 Birthday of Celebrations 8/20/10 Choose Your Own Adventure Birthday of Celebrations 4/1/10 Birthday of Celebrations 3/26/10 WOOOOOT!!!!PINK SANSA Birthday of Celebrations!!!! 11/19/09 Birthday of Celebrations - 7/12/09 - 1 other craptastic crap bag - 3/27/09 60+ days of no sleep - Free, 9 flying moneys - Priceless

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
jon98gn wrote:Don't worry. The sharp ones are slowly being dulled out by already winning. Soon there will only be 3-5 am zombies trying to type coherent messages.

45-across: braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaains

/Fix'd

erynsmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erynsmith

Im here all night, but i just installed Facebook Home on my phone and I can feel myself getting dumber as i scroll...completely irrelevant i realize, just thought id share...looks pretty for an app, as a phone OS (or launcher or whatever its called), no thanks

scarredwithstars

Gah! It's a constant struggle between getting it right and getting it in on time.

Do I send my first guess and hope it's right? Or do I wait until I have a eureka moment and hope it's not too late?

annwat

52-Down: Ireland, in crosswords

eire

mikeebee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mikeebee
annwat wrote:52-Down: Ireland, in crosswords

eire

That's what I went with

scarredwithstars

eire

curses, my gut went with erin

straub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages straub

eire

Hope you're right! That was my guess.

mpatrick14

eire

me too

qwert1234514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwert1234514
scarredwithstars wrote:curses, my gut went with erin

Same here. >.<

erynsmith

I just realized even if i did want to buy anything from this Woot Off I cant because Woot still hasn't refunded my return that I sent them like a month ago... I also reminded them via email a couple days ago

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
qwert1234514 wrote:Same here. >.<

You think that's bad... I miscounted, because I'm dyslexic... I flippin' wrote: Irish. *facepalm*

jon98gn

<--- Not Irish

Although my guy has lucky emerald hair.

Moueska

scarredwithstars wrote:curses, my gut went with erin

Eh, you're in good company

skispeakeasy

quality posts: 28 Private Messages skispeakeasy

Dang. I guessed Kent for the railroad station....

Done and done! ;)

Moueska

skispeakeasy wrote:Dang. I guessed Kent for the railroad station....

Oh! If my guess was wrong, I want to change it to this one, which is probably wrong, too, but COOLER.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

I'm slowly learning that I'm too dumb for this.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

mpatrick14

erynsmith wrote:I just realized even if i did want to buy anything from this Woot Off I cant because Woot still hasn't refunded my return that I sent them like a month ago... I also reminded them via email a couple days ago

I had a return a while back, it took about 3 weeks after I sent it to get the refund, I think it actually processed the day I emailed them to find out where it was. I am sure they are totally good for it, so feel free to buy some $5.99 camera bags valued at $4.99!

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra
jeremytheindian wrote:I'm slowly learning that I'm too dumb for this.

Same here... and I thought reading mental floss and did-you-know-that on a weekly basis would benefit me one day.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

erynsmith

mpatrick14 wrote:I had a return a while back, it took about 3 weeks after I sent it to get the refund, I think it actually processed the day I emailed them to find out where it was. I am sure they are totally good for it, so feel free to buy some $5.99 camera bags valued at $4.99!

No i know they are good for it, Im not expecting them to run away with my money.....but unless Woot will let me make purchases on credit tonight then im not getting no bags. And this is where the $5 shipping once and its free all day would come in handy. $0.99 isnt bad for a camera bag, id use it for my portable herbal medicine device

mpatrick14

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! I got in fast enough on that one! Hooray! I can still get a few hours of sleep tonight!

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

Congrats MPatrick!

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.