olcubmaster

quality posts: 30 Private Messages olcubmaster
OiXYZ wrote:Nobody seems to want an iPod.

and there seem to be quite a few of these to sell.

Hmmm...refurb ipod or new Apple phone on Verizon for $90 more.

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

loogy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loogy

I think there are just a crapton of them. As in, this is lunch time. Just a guess, though, so if you decide to take a walk or go outside for some fresh air and miss out, it's not my fault.

Put the Crap in the Bag and step back and nobody will get hurt.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
Aungethiem wrote:the only thing that matters is F5 I suppose...spelling...not so much

I'm suppose to be working too.

luckyaussiebob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luckyaussiebob
dhess wrote:The last and only BoC I got was April 1, 2007. I think I'm due for one.

If only the damn page would load faster for me.

Are some of you using a script or something to grab the term off the page? That's the only way I can think of that you'd all be getting it so much faster.

My first BOC was just now. No script either. I had an email set up with the to line filled and answer in the body. I saw the last item sold out and I started spamming f5. Once the new one loaded it was triple click to highlight clue; ctrl-c. At the same time I was moving the mouse to the email window clicked that, (made sure I was on the subject line) and ctrl-v. Quickly moused to send and clicked.

Then I left my computer to go to the bathroom and get some more water. Now I suppose I will have to do some work.

luckyaussiebob

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

IMO, those who are posting the answers isn't really helping the people whos been trying to get one for a while now (ie: myself).

I mean like it's cool and all to post it, but it basically defeats the purpose of me (and everyone else like me) trying to pull all the resources that I can to solve the puzzle.

In other words, good morning day 2! I may be a little cranky in the morning especially when I find out I missed a whole lot.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Grrr! Can't see the spreadsheet from work, and I didn't email myself the filled crossword (print to PDF) from home.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

psst.. remember how i won a BoC yesterday? <-- AWESOME!!!

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

joshobra

PocketBrain wrote:Grrr! Can't see the spreadsheet from work, and I didn't email myself the filled crossword (print to PDF) from home.

Does this help? (source coded the link from first post)

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
PocketBrain wrote:Grrr! Can't see the spreadsheet from work, and I didn't email myself the filled crossword (print to PDF) from home.

Sent you a PM with the contents.

THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR MANHANDSHA'S BADGE

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
joshobra wrote:Does this help? (source coded the link from first post)

Oh wow, there are more left than I thought.. I hadn't checked for a little while though.

This is a really cool way to do the BoC sales. It really does give more people a chance at getting one. And it has been tons of fun.

Plus I get to taunt everyone in the community thread all day about how I won a BoC!!

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

yesimbrandon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yesimbrandon

I'm inclined to believe that its mostly fun for the people who have won, but a terrible idea for those who are unable to do this quickly enough to win.

I preferred the old way of crashing servers etc, felt like everytime I clicked it I actually had a chance. This time I'm just assuming I've lost but try anyways.

weenpeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weenpeen

I have class in like 20 minutes, I might bring my laptop and just watch woot the whole time....

krdzine1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krdzine1

Missed a few hours (stupid sleep and work!). Is the sheet pretty up to date with what is left?

olcubmaster

yesimbrandon wrote:I preferred the old way of crashing servers etc, felt like everytime I clicked it I actually had a chance. This time I'm just assuming I've lost but try anyways.

...and this differs from the old way how?

olcubmaster

krdzine1 wrote:Missed a few hours (stupid sleep and work!). Is the sheet pretty up to date with what is left?

yep - pretty current

krdzine1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krdzine1

so mad I missed the ooomph clue... had that ready to go since yesterday morning!!

joshobra

yesimbrandon wrote:I'm inclined to believe that its mostly fun for the people who have won, but a terrible idea for those who are unable to do this quickly enough to win.

I preferred the old way of crashing servers etc, felt like everytime I clicked it I actually had a chance. This time I'm just assuming I've lost but try anyways.

I feel pretty much the same way. Plus the fact that they have much less crap nowadays like a drought.

I think I would've had a chance of winning if they had like at least double the amount they're giving right now.

yesimbrandon

Ooooops...so used to refreshing I accidentally refreshed the video I was streaming.

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars

It's lunch time, next item will probably be random shirt until 1:00 central.

loogy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loogy

That reminds me, did I mention that I got my Boatful of Chimichangas on the last clue before bedtime last night? As in, I could sleep content not having to worry about what clues I was missing.

Victory. Sweet, sweet victory.

cycokiller wrote:Oh wow, there are more left than I thought.. I hadn't checked for a little while though.

This is a really cool way to do the BoC sales. It really does give more people a chance at getting one. And it has been tons of fun.

Plus I get to taunt everyone in the community thread all day about how I won a BoC!!
Put the Crap in the Bag and step back and nobody will get hurt.

sidelsky18

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sidelsky18

Well this one was blog of cannibals, hope I got it.

Woots Purchased
---------------
Bundle of Carrots (10/12/11)
Barge of Cats (4/24/13)

Flubgots

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Flubgots

14:06:28

Heres hoping.

Live by the crap. Die by the crap.

kfujita

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita

LOL...i was wondering what the clue for 36-across was going to be.

greyham28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greyham28

I'm back (from a different, more powerful computer, on a different, presumably more efficient, wired network)

blogofcannibals

Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:06:24

jwiv

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jwiv
Flubgots wrote:14:06:28

Heres hoping.

Got me beat -

Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:06:33 -0400

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch

Looks like I'm out as usual
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:06:50 -0400

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara

Blog of cannibals it is. I outsmarted myself and put 'blog of hannibals'.

msumdragon17

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msumdragon17

11:06:23 ... can't get much faster, but probably not fast enough anyway, sigh

Alexman311

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alexman311

That one felt quick. BLOGOFCANNIBALS sent at 1:06:15 *crosses fingers*

olcubmaster

Oh i cut and pasted and type the answer like flying fingers of fury.

After sending (2:06) I noticed the Clue had not copied so I had the wrong subject line. I am SOL

DeviantDragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DeviantDragon
greyham28 wrote:I'm back (from a different, more powerful computer, on a different, presumably more efficient, wired network)

blogofcannibals

11:06:26 2 seconds after you by my system time

ifwisheswereroses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ifwisheswereroses
yesimbrandon wrote:Ooooops...so used to refreshing I accidentally refreshed the video I was streaming.

^^ This.
My fear for the past 30 minutes.
Netflix in one tab, woot in two others.

sidelsky18

msumdragon17 wrote:11:06:23 ... can't get much faster, but probably not fast enough anyway, sigh

How do you find out what time exactly you sent it? Gmail just says 1:06 PM for me.

Oh I found it, hit the arrow then hit "show original message"

"Received: by 10.52.90.35 with HTTP; Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:06:22 -0700 (PDT)"

Woots Purchased
---------------
Barge of Cats (4/24/13)

astevenscr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages astevenscr
Jessara wrote:Blog of cannibals it is. I outsmarted myself and put 'blog of hannibals'.

Haha. Thus missing the B-of-C theme for the long words. Love it.

In at 6:23 (fingers crossed)

greyham28

greyham28 wrote:

And yes, I realize that these are just timestamps, but I imagine that they are actually not that far off from one another given that we're all mostly using large public-ish servers and what not.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

11:06:38 again, not fast enough...

vampyre1282

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vampyre1282

Apr 24 11:06:17 2013

greyham28

olcubmaster wrote:After sending (2:06) I noticed the Clue had not copied so I had the wrong subject line. I am SOL

I noticed that my subject line had a hyphen, which none of the others did. Thought I made a mistake, but it's right there in the robot vac page, so hopefully their filters are set up to take both hyphens and not hyphens. (The previous ones were not hyphenated, I don't think).

yesimbrandon

Aside from crapwording....have you guys bought anything on this wootoff?

Sadly nothing I've seen so far was something I was interested in

sidelsky18

How long after submission does it usually take to get a winner email?

Woots Purchased
---------------
Barge of Cats (4/24/13)