thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
greyham28 wrote:Here: http://pewrsr.ch/UMJfUF

I was almost disgusted with how easy that was.

I'm concerned with how many people don't know the answers to most of these. I scored 12/13 and was usually a B student in science. This stuff seems like "are you smarter than a 5th grader" material.

Trevorskatezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Trevorskatezz

I got one! =) I have no idea which word it was for though, but who cares.. BOC HERE I COME! =DDD

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Hey Woot Gods,

My bad I went all crazy and all.. but I sent a customer service ticket and also replied back to my e-mail requesting for support for a dead crap link.

Thanks!

PS: Unless it was a mistake or sick joke or something.. /sobs

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

rjanecek2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rjanecek2

well heck, i had no idea what fracking was. the rest were pretty easy.

thumperchick wrote:I'm concerned with how many people don't know the answers to most of these. I scored 12/13 and was usually a B student in science. This stuff seems like "are you smarter than a 5th grader" material.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

joshobra wrote:Hey Woot Gods,

My bad I went all crazy and all.. but I sent a customer service ticket and also replied back to my e-mail requesting for support for a dead crap link.

Thanks!

Sorry about that. We're working on it. The URL must have been incorrect. Please wait shortly while we resolve this.

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
joshobra wrote:WOOOOT! I GOT MY GLORIOUS BOC! FINALLY!

But I hope Woot is not trolling me because the link gives me a 404 error.

T_T

Well played.

brandoline94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandoline94
joshobra wrote:Hey Woot Gods,

Thanks!

You got one after all this time? Congrats!!

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
greyham28 wrote:Here: http://pewrsr.ch/UMJfUF

I was almost disgusted with how easy that was.

I was a completely average student in the sciences, and yet I got 13/13. And I didn't cheat! I'm going to assume working in an engineering company has worn off on me...

compmd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages compmd
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry about that. We're working on it. The URL must have been incorrect. Please wait shortly while we resolve this.

Yea, I haven't received my "Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner" email yet..

March 2008 - Screaming Monkeys
October 2008 - Barrels of Crud - JVC Camcorder case, Electric duster - Woot, thnx for nothing
November 2008 - Barrels of Crud - 60" tripod, Grandpa Munster Doll, some tape measures, ipod pillow.
March 2010 - Barrels of Crud - Fishing tote, wii chucks, Carrots tshirt, poorly packed box, TY Woot for sending me more crap - old ass broken Bushnell GPS, light up snowman, woot lights, mini screaming monkey.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry about that. We're working on it. The URL must have been incorrect. Please wait shortly while we resolve this.

Hey um, me too. Y'know, I'm like, really disappointed about that, y'know, dead crap link you guys sent me.

joshobra

brandoline94 wrote:You got one after all this time? Congrats!!

Thanks! I KNOW! It's about time too! I wasted so many productive hours for this crapword puzzle!

Well, since I "won" I guess. Here's how my desk was set up as of last night just to prove how crazy I am.

compmd

Time to run to the potty is NOW boys & girls... 3 minutes to start.

October 2008 - Barrels of Crud - JVC Camcorder case, Electric duster - Woot, thnx for nothing
November 2008 - Barrels of Crud - 60" tripod, Grandpa Munster Doll, some tape measures, ipod pillow.
March 2010 - Barrels of Crud - Fishing tote, wii chucks, Carrots tshirt, poorly packed box, TY Woot for sending me more crap - old ass broken Bushnell GPS, light up snowman, woot lights, mini screaming monkey.

aggiechick

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aggiechick

Too bad this isn't a crossword clue :/

Very funny, Woot.

jwiv

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jwiv
compmd wrote:Time to run to the potty is NOW boys & girls... 3 minutes to start.

Well played Woot.

jessicaseid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessicaseid

CRUEL

aramis4life

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aramis4life
jwiv wrote:Too bad this isn't a crossword clue :/

Well played Woot.

That's pretty funny!

Rootstock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rootstock

"Too bad this isn't a crossword clue :/"

...Well played, Woot, but oh so cruel.

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy

Ack! I almost swore while on a conference call after seeing the lack of a clue!

Aungethiem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aungethiem

Ahhh Crap

joshobra

Hey Blue! I found a clue!

Rootstock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rootstock
jwiv wrote:Too bad this isn't a crossword clue :/

Well played Woot.

...lol, I can't even be the first to post something in the forum, there's no hope for the boc here!

itoaseik

Oh, Woot.

joshobra

itoaseik wrote:Too bad this isn't a crossword clue :/

Oh, Woot.

Nah, it's more like.

compmd

Either a lot of monitors or no one wants them..

Hmm.. to stay @ work, or try to get home before anything good?

itoaseik

joshobra wrote:Nah, it's more like.

You got me, you damn dirty winner.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn
mawy wrote:I was a completely average student in the sciences, and yet I got 13/13. And I didn't cheat! I'm going to assume working in an engineering company has worn off on me...

Funny. I missed one because I totally misread the question. The one about sunscreen protection. Read it as what does Earth's Atmosphere protect us from. Have no idea how I did that.

\

compmd

Seems more like

agushgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agushgar
mawy wrote:I was a completely average student in the sciences, and yet I got 13/13. And I didn't cheat! I'm going to assume working in an engineering company has worn off on me...

BUT, can you use the Laplace Transform?

compmd

agushgar wrote:BUT, can you use the Laplace Transform?

Laplace looks just like Lapdance when you don't care ..

joshobra

Yay! I got my link fixed!

And this is what my face looked like just now:

I either got it with FLOSS or SEAS. Whichever doesn't have two winners yet.
WHO'S MY WIN BUDDY?!

Should I buy it now... or wait until I find something cool in the woot-off for the sake of saving on shipping?

NOBODY SHALL NOT HAX ME.

Trevorskatezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Trevorskatezz

Did everybody die ? This was a busy place just a couple hours ago

weenpeen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weenpeen
joshobra wrote:Yay! I got my link fixed!

And this is what my face looked like just now:

I either got it with FLOSS or SEAS. Whichever doesn't have two winners yet.
WHO'S MY WIN BUDDY?!

Should I buy it now... or wait until I find something cool in the woot-off for the sake of saving on shipping?

NOBODY SHALL NOT HAX ME.

I don't believe its fixed, you should post it so I can confirm it.

mstein609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstein609

If you ever do this again, I suggest you post one or two of the very long answers (e.g., 55-Across) towards the start of the game. That way, there will be at least a couple of words that give more advantage to people who are actually good at figuring out tough clues, and less advantage to people who have no life and can camp on the web page to be the first to spot the easy clue.

jon98gn

Here is a conundrum for those of us who have received bags but are sticking around and playing the game for fun. I made a purchase with my bag to save on shipping. Will they shove all of the bag contents in with the items we purchase? If so I would love to see my wife's expression when a box containing a baby gate and a large assortment of other crap items arrive. On a side note, the baby gate are for our dogs. We don't have children yet.

\

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
Trevorskatezz wrote:Did everybody die ? This was a busy place just a couple hours ago

People in the East are driving home from work.

jon98gn

mstein609 wrote:If you ever do this again, I suggest you post one or two of the very long answers (e.g., 55-Across) towards the start of the game. That way, there will be at least a couple of words that give more advantage to people who are actually good at figuring out tough clues, and less advantage to people who have no life and can camp on the web page to be the first to spot the easy clue.

Don't think that's a correct assumption because with a large word gone early, it means a lot of the shorter ones will be filled and easily guessable, then you are back to the "easy" short ones. The key was to play the game earlier when there were less people guessing, and no letters available so you would have to make actual word guesses with no letters provided. The ones I think that were the most difficult were Bikini Of Cod and 53-Down Nude. I think took a while for people to figure out.

\

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm

Crap, and I really thought I had a chance with floss.

compmd

ki4rxm wrote:Crap, and I really thought I had a chance with floss.

me 2

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice

plus, those long BOC clues didnt make sense until you had some letters filled in. Without some of the cross words filled in, I'm not sure how you EVER get bikiniofcod.

Where's the crap?

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
mawy wrote:Ack! I almost swore while on a conference call after seeing the lack of a clue!

Oooh...you narrowly avoided a Clemente.