annwat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages annwat
fractalVisionz wrote:Just eloped with my BOC. Best of luck everyone.

congrats, fractal!

HaxRomana

quality posts: 2 Private Messages HaxRomana
erynsmith wrote:plus a bunch of those items were really crappy, but they only had like 1 or 2 and they were cheap.

Yeah, even with the spreadsheet they probably don't want to put clues up on items that sell out in two minutes.

"Permasuck, from Frobozz Electric! We don't make things that suck, we make things that suck, permanently!"

erynsmith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erynsmith
Zarabear wrote:15 Across- Elope.

Now I'm too happy to sleep. LoL

nice, i guess this means i didnt win....that was my best chance so far, i felt good about that one, lol

HaxRomana

I can't imagine why nobody wants to buy these lovely camo-motif speakers.

"Permasuck, from Frobozz Electric! We don't make things that suck, we make things that suck, permanently!"

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

You'll make it Eryn!

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

erynsmith

Zarabear wrote:You'll make it Eryn!

Thanks, i have the advantage of already being forced to be awake for the entire night, hopefully that comes in handy as we enter the wee hours of the night

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
erynsmith wrote:Thanks, i have the advantage of already being forced to be awake for the entire night, hopefully that comes in handy as we enter the wee hours of the night

That is a nice advantage for sure. I'm actually on vacation from work but I already tried to go to bed. I just wasn't sleepy at all so I figured I'd get back up and try my hand at getting a crossword answer in fast enough.

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway
Zarabear wrote:WAHOOOOOO!!!!

Congratulations. I stand corrected. Easier than I expected. I got mine on the LAM. You apparently ELOPEd.

Still, it wasn't nearly as fun nor as satisfying as my first BOC. I got that around 2:30 AM after the 10th or 12th server crash. The old fashioned way. (November 2, 2005)

Congrats.

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

I just realized that tomorrow is tech day for my son. (we homeschool) which means being up and out of the house early and presentable. xD I guess I should get some sleep.

Best of luck to EVERYONE waiting on clues, you'll make it!

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

erynsmith

Zarabear wrote:I just realized that tomorrow is tech day for my son. (we homeschool) which means being up and out of the house early and presentable. xD I guess I should get some sleep.

Best of luck to EVERYONE waiting on clues, you'll make it!

Tech day = get up early go outside and do stuff in fancy clothes?

Tech day should be sit at home on your computer all day in whatever you want to wear.

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

I think this would be one of those times when I would WANT to get an e-mail from someone so badly.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

annwat

37-Down: Carlos' custard

flan

qwert1234514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qwert1234514

Guessed flan. Hopefully i was fast.

elangomatt

annwat wrote:37-Down: Carlos' custard

flan

I sent the same thing, but I'm sure it was way way too slow

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars

That one took me WAY longer than it should

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
annwat wrote:37-Down: Carlos' custard

flan

racist

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Been playing along, but apparently not as fast as others. But I think I got flan in pretty fast. We'll see...

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway
erynsmith wrote:Tech day = get up early go outside and do stuff in fancy clothes?

Tech day should be sit at home on your computer all day in whatever you want to wear.

Tech day should be sit at home and press F5 all day.

kcostell

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kcostell

Guessed Flan, 30 seconds later got an E-mail alert. It was completely unrelated.

joshobra

Once again it took me longer to figure it out!

erynsmith

Flan is gross. I didnt get that at all cause i dont eat flan. Every since that episode of rugrats. No thanks

bsmith1

kcostell wrote:Guessed Flan, 30 seconds later got an E-mail alert. It was completely unrelated.

I know...I keep getting spam and I'm all, "What's that?!...oh..."

joshobra

erynsmith wrote:Flan is gross. I didnt get that at all cause i dont eat flan. Every since that episode of rugrats. No thanks

Every time I think of flan, I think about that Jack Black movie "Envy".

annwat

bsmith1 wrote:racist

haha... make that a slow racist - had to think on it for a few before i got it.

joshobra

So who the heck is Carlos?!

HaxRomana

joshobra wrote:So who the heck is Carlos?!

That's just a thing that crossword constructors do to tell you that you're looking for a custard from a Spanish-speaking country, more or less.

scarredwithstars

bsmith1 wrote:I know...I keep getting spam and I'm all, "What's that?!...oh..."

The worst was after the second clue, I got the woot daily update. Spam is bad enough, but when you see woot in the sender field, you get your hopes up even more.

joshobra

HaxRomana wrote:That's just a thing that crossword constructors do to tell you that you're looking for a custard from a Spanish-speaking country, more or less.

Oh, I see now. Wow. This crossword thing is really tough!

I'd imagine it'd be worse later today with everyone awake, so I'm crossing my fingers I grab a bag before I fall asleep.

bsmith1

joshobra wrote:Oh, I see now. Wow. This crossword thing is really tough!

I'd imagine it'd be worse later today with everyone awake, so I'm crossing my fingers I grab a bag before I fall asleep.

This stuff is probably easy for people who actually do crosswords...I'm hoping all those old folks are asleep by now!

HaxRomana

bsmith1 wrote:old folks

Tsk.

scarredwithstars

joshobra wrote:Oh, I see now. Wow. This crossword thing is really tough!

Don't forget later they will start overlapping so some of the letters will already be filled in, making it even easier. Easier + way more people = not going to bother.

joshobra

bsmith1 wrote:This stuff is probably easy for people who actually do crosswords...I'm hoping all those old folks are asleep by now!

I certainly haven't messed with crosswords since 3rd grade, but I have managed to play Sudoku when I'm really bored with the newspapers these days.

So like this thing is basically who can Google then copy and paste the fastest pretty much!

I think I'm about to accept defeat once again since I know my odds are much worse later in the day.

Wow! That TURBO thing just won't sell!

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

8-Down: Fed. agency

guessed EPA

kcostell

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kcostell

The clues appear in the descriptions of various items (e.g. the digital camera now has one). Each clue fits in the crossword at http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/7f625f75-c20d-41be-a4b8-eed68ba98d79.pdf

This looks like the first clue where the previous answers actually were important. Of course, I screwed it up.

scarredwithstars

wanderinghick wrote:Disregard this post.

That one took me WAAAAY too long lol. Kept getting caught up on UPS. Then kept remembering that's a private company.

bsmith1

Surely I got that one... Like greased lightening.

elangomatt

wanderinghick wrote:Disregard this post.

There isn't a clue on every page at all. Look for the 8-Down clue on the Kodak Camera page that is up right now. So far they have always been in exactly the same spot when the item has a clue.

annwat

8-Down: Fed. agency

epa

scarredwithstars

trekmiss wrote:8-Down: Fed. agency

guessed EPA

ditto

b10haZard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b10haZard

8 down: fed agency...epa?