dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

really really wish this wasnt reliant on the speed of delivery of my email provider.. yahoo so slow.. I will never ever be 1st or 2nd ..... but remain persistent nevertheless

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
Moueska wrote:There are less people playing, which ups the chance of getting one. I'm cool with the change-up keeping random less-interested folk away from the BOC's.

It's nice, also, to not see a lot of people who just registered today, who don't care about the community, or are just here for the bag.

scarredwithstars

quality posts: 3 Private Messages scarredwithstars
aliceinwootland wrote:I AM A scarecrow

I HAVE "UNDO SEND" ENABLED

WHICH WAITS TO SEND YOUR EMAIL FOR 10 SECONDS

IN CASE YOU WANT TO UNDO

OMFGGGGG ALICE YOU Tin Man

I'd feel bad for you, except those of us that have been playing since the start have talked about this at least 3 times already. Which means you have probably only been playing for a little while

iwishiwereabunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iwishiwereabunny
scarredwithstars wrote:When I won, the email I got was in reply to the one I sent. So the subject of the email was the clue.

The subject on the email I got is: Woot Crapword Winner!

scarredwithstars

dernst_ca1 wrote:really really wish this wasnt reliant on the speed of delivery of my email provider.. yahoo so slow.. I will never ever be 1st or 2nd ..... but remain persistent nevertheless

If you really care, you can create a gmail account before the next clue even comes up.

gmacgmac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmacgmac
scarredwithstars wrote:When I won, the email I got was in reply to the one I sent. So the subject of the email was the clue.

ditto

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway
FrostByte wrote:If nothing else, we got to have fun with a crossword, and people learned how to check the outgoing time stamp on their email and how to turn off the send undo in the gmail labs.

And 152 of us will be waiting for crap to arrive at our doorsteps. And rubbing it in your face (per instructions).

sinstwins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sinstwins
FrostByte wrote:Congrats, for which one?

21 across- Intra
Thanks,
Hope I get some good stuff!

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
uplateanyway wrote:And 152 of us will be waiting for crap to arrive at our doorsteps. And rubbing it in your face (per instructions).

Looks that way, and I'll be watching in the thread (this thread?) to see all the hauls. The next best thing to getting one is helping others celebrate or mock theirs!

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
FrostByte wrote:Looks that way, and I'll be watching in the thread (this thread?) to see all the hauls. The next best thing to getting one is helping others celebrate or mock theirs!

Yea seems I will be in the same boat :X you bring snacks ill bring the drinks!

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra
FrostByte wrote:If nothing else, we got to have fun with a crossword, and people learned how to check the outgoing time stamp on their email and how to turn off the send undo in the gmail labs.

And we learned something out of the clues and answers which would hopefully end up like Slumdog Millionaire.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl
scarredwithstars wrote:If you really care, you can create a gmail account before the next clue even comes up.

maybe my work email will be faster.

FrostByte

squirrrl wrote:maybe my work email will be faster.

I'm not an expert, but I'd guess it's not likely. I know our work email can have a 15 - 20 minute delay at the worst-of-times.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller
dernst_ca1 wrote:really really wish this wasnt reliant on the speed of delivery of my email provider.. yahoo so slow.. I will never ever be 1st or 2nd ..... but remain persistent nevertheless

You could always sign up for a free shell account real quick and send emails from the command line using the local MTA.. that should be a little quicker.

You could even write a quick script and just run that with two arguments (subject & body) to save a little more time.

Hmm, I might just do that for the next crapword puzzle.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1
scarredwithstars wrote:If you really care, you can create a gmail account before the next clue even comes up.

well that is certainly a nice thing to say.. thank you

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

darkinc

cycokiller wrote:You could always sign up for a free shell account real quick and send emails from the command line using the local MTA.. that should be a little quicker.

You could even write a quick script and just run that with two arguments (subject & body) to save a little more time.

Hmm, I might just do that for the next crapword puzzle.

Yea if this becomes a normal thing, I will def. write some "enhancements".

scarredwithstars

FrostByte wrote:Looks that way, and I'll be watching in the thread (this thread?) to see all the hauls. The next best thing to getting one is helping others celebrate or mock theirs!

The BOC tracker I used to use hasn't been updated in forever. Is there one that is still around?

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch
scarredwithstars wrote:I'd feel bad for you, except those of us that have been playing since the start have talked about this at least 3 times already. Which means you have probably only been playing for a little while

I don't think it's been mentioned for quite some time today. I've been on for hours and haven't seen it, so thanks for the heads up.

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

loogy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loogy

For what it's worth, last night when I struck Brigade of Chorizo gold on the very last clue of the night I did it using Outlook.

squirrrl wrote:maybe my work email will be faster.

Put the Crap in the Bag and step back and nobody will get hurt.

cycokiller

FrostByte wrote:I'm not an expert, but I'd guess it's not likely. I know our work email can have a 15 - 20 minute delay at the worst-of-times.

My work mail is pretty fast.. but then the mail server is internal and I manage it, plus there are only like 20 people that use it.

When I won my BoC yesterday though, I was actually using a GoDaddy POP account from my office. I was kinda surprised I won anything.

mflagler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mflagler

I finally got my email on 44 Across. If anyone's interested, I answered it at: 18:45:29

Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you. And make sure to buy it before Friday, 4/26, or it shall disappear into the ether.

http://www.woot.com/offers/finally-got-my-BOC

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

OOOO... I didn't get to celebrate mine because I didn't have anyone to share mine with. Want pics?

scarredwithstars

dernst_ca1 wrote:well that is certainly a nice thing to say.. thank you

come again?

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

OOOOHHHHHH EMMMMMMM GEEEEEE!!!!!

I got 51-down!

All my time spent working away at this was not in vain. I am beyond excited

crapword wrote:Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you. And make sure to buy it before Friday, 4/26, or it shall disappear into the ether.

http://www.woot.com/offers/Thought you might see a legit link? Yeah right...

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

uplateanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uplateanyway

Bible reference!

darkinc

To slow for this one

lalaith

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lalaith
Moueska wrote:XD

Now I do

Aw, it didn't

everwondering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages everwondering

Nooooooo! I did it so fast that I typed out bable.

DeviantDragon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DeviantDragon

19:18:59 -0700

aliceinwootland

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aliceinwootland

19:18:57

OK, fixed my email. PLEASE, LORD IN HEAVEN, HEAR MY PLEA

Rootstock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rootstock

babel

19:19:01

>_<

FrostByte

22:19:01 -0400

lsuchocki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsuchocki

Wed Apr 24 21:18:57 CDT 2013

Airwolf42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Airwolf42

Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:18:59 -0700 (PDT)

darkinc

coolchris160 wrote:OOOOHHHHHH EMMMMMMM GEEEEEE!!!!!

I got 51-down!

I don't like you right now We had the same send time lol your email must have been listed before mine

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch

babel

Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:19:05 -0400

with undo send off (fingers crossed)

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

To be honest, I think Google would be a better service than Yahoo in regards to e-mail.

I mean like, these guys has like massive datacenters at their disposal. Yahoo on the other hand, I think they've been lacking things for a while now.

But for me though when I won, I used my Mail app on my Macbook which pushes to GMail. But I did notice that it uploads for a couple seconds before it's goes on its merry way wheras it looked instant from the gmail app directly.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

cycokiller

When my last BoC came (April 1st), I was opening it with the wife and she was all, "What is this crap? You better not have paid very much for this."

She doesn't get it.

fatherfaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatherfaria

10:19:03 I was camping this one. Already had the answer typed in. But I bet the weird lag I've got on getting new woot pages killed it.

loogy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages loogy

Congrats! You've been on here for the long haul.

coolchris160 wrote:OOOOHHHHHH EMMMMMMM GEEEEEE!!!!!

I got 51-down!

Put the Crap in the Bag and step back and nobody will get hurt.