squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl
jthebird1977 wrote:never happened with us. our teachers would designate a "snitch" who would write down all of the talkers/rulebreakers names for recess deduction punishments.

snitches get stitches

brandoline94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandoline94
Linad wrote:Hey! You're the guy who stole joshobra crap!

Joshobra's crap got stolen???? Oh man. That is heinous!

ApaOps5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApaOps5

wow 262, that is not as good of odds! Well I hope the majority of blog participants get them!

ashsei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashsei

How does a BOC get stolen?

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
ApaOps5 wrote:wow 262, that is not as good of odds! Well I hope the majority of blog participants get them!

It seems the majority of winners have been participants here, so maybe that will hold true for the 50 consolation bocs.

zooshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zooshooter
ashsei wrote:How does a BOC get stolen?

It's being investigated.

ashsei

zooshooter wrote:It's being investigated.

Like what do you mean though? How did he get the link? And what do you mean he stole it?

scorpshockey

quality posts: 7 Private Messages scorpshockey
skemmis wrote:It's just little old me and a 95% caffeine bloodstream working on this, so it will take a spell for all the winners to go out. Talk amongst yourselves.

Also, we're looking into the Great BOC Caper. Justice never sleeps.

Thanks for the hard work! I paid more attention to this wootoff than the last few combined.

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj

It's a mystery. When he went to check out, it was gone. Never posted the URL. Thankfully we at least have the culprit's username as the First Sucker.

darkinc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages darkinc

On a side note, I just heard a snapping sound, I think the tiny mouse that has been hanging around my kitchen is no more..

used one of these babies

freebird87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freebird87

Joshobra's link somehow managed to get into someone else's hands. It's a private email, so either Joshobra gave the link away (which I can't see him giving such a precious thing away) or the link was somehow figured out and "stolen"

jthebird1977

quality posts: 35 Private Messages jthebird1977

oh, i just remembered there's still a wootoff going on...been refreshing this thread more than woot.com

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Thanks Rootstock, coolchris160, zatkins08, sprint113, Linad, Moueska, and novastarj. I'd like to thank you all for your support.. you guys are awesome and that's why I love Woot!

skemmis is looking into it as of now.

squirrrl, you so did.

trekmiss wrote:Wait, isn't this the username that bought joshobra's boc?

Oh My! Flying Guards!, THAT IS. GIVE IT BACK, NOW!!!!

(Sorry for the delay, I was backtracking pages 56 to 77+ if I really did post my link.. which I so didn't).

Update 04/25/13: ApaOps5 & brandoline94, I forgot to mention you both. If you're reading this.. I'm mentioning you! Thanks for supporting me! I was pretty much in chaos up until now.

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
ApaOps5 wrote:wow 262, that is not as good of odds! Well I hope the majority of blog participants get them!

By my calculations, that total came in about 20-21 minutes after the last clue was posted. I would guess that anyone with a decent time (sub-12 seconds maybe?) has a shot.

Rootstock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rootstock

Wootopoly!

ashsei

novastarj wrote:It's a mystery. When he went to check out, it was gone. Never posted the URL. Thankfully we at least have the culprit's username as the First Sucker.

What the heck? Thats so weird!

sosum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sosum

CRAP! Checked out on the BOC too early.... Now I see the Woot-opoly game...

lsuchocki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lsuchocki
zooshooter wrote:It's being investigated.

My guess would be that there is cutting and pasting of product UUIDs from a spreadsheet, and he may have re-used one of the product IDs. Unlike other BoCs, this one is run by a human.

ApaOps5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApaOps5

We are awaiting answers, to include a full detailed step step by description, that identifies the exact methodology used and just to be safe the work other work arounds that may have been possible as well. You know just to make sure we all know what NOT to do in the future!

Rootstock

darkinc wrote:On a side note, I just heard a snapping sound, I think the tiny mouse that has been hanging around my kitchen is no more..

.....I literally did laugh out loud when I read this, thanks.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 45 Private Messages dernst_ca1
kfergus wrote:Interesting that, if I counted correctly, there were 150 bags available. Kind of paltry compared to when there use to be 3000 sold. Even lacking compared to the 1500 that they were reduced to towards the end of the old system of doing them. Oh well, this was more entertaining.

I think that we should be grateful for any bags at all, I have a feeling that big brother discourages this type of thing...

-JMHSRV

brandoline94

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandoline94
joshobra wrote:Thanks Rootstock, coolchris160, zatkins08, sprint113, Linad, Moueska, and novastarj. I'd like to thank you all for your support.. you guys are awesome and that's why I love Woot!

squirrrl, you so did.

(Sorry for the delay, I was backtracking pages 56 to 77+ if I really did post my link.. which I so didn't).

And me! What about me?! ;)

darkinc

Rootstock wrote:.....I literally did laugh out loud when I read this, thanks.

Lol no problem :P With the warm then cold weather I think he came in to stay warm, have not found any signs of him really just turned on the light one day and saw him dashing down the table.

zooshooter

I really wanna buy a Bouquet of Chrysanthemums!

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
joshobra wrote:Thanks Rootstock, coolchris160, zatkins08, sprint113, Linad, Moueska, and novastarj. I'd like to thank you all for your support.. you guys are awesome and that's why I love Woot!

squirrrl, you so did.

I predict an extra crappy crap coming your way ;) (the good kind of crappy)

joshobra

Aw, you guys are so awesome supporting me!!

As of now I'm waiting for a response from the Woot Gods and I've backtracked every post starting from the point I won on (which also started weirdly).

Congrats to all who won! For those who didn't, don't give up!

ashsei

Im so anxious to find out if I won or not! Haha you would think that we were in a gold bar giveaway! lol

WasabiAZ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WasabiAZ

I don't know if I was one of the first two or not but from the time stamps in the thread I was pretty dang close.. But due to the woot-awesomeness I still scored a BOC!

I wanted to share with the thread that I just got my email and have already ordered my crap. For those waiting on the emails..

Oh - for what is is worth this was a brilliant idea and a very fun game. I haven't spammed my refresh button on anything as much I did over the past couple days.. Takes me back to the early days of Woot! Great times.. Thanks!

---
Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you. And make sure to buy it before Friday, 4/26, or it shall disappear into the ether.

[linked-out]

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

Rootstock

squirrrl, you so did.

...of course! There's plenty of honest users out there who don't get a crap, someone who cheats certainly shouldn't get one! You worked hard for it.

now, that being said, maybe it was a fluke somehow, and there was no cheating involved. Let's hope for the best, right?

darkinc

So the emails have begun... Nothing over here yet

darkinc

Yusssss just got my email woo!

Still want to know what place i got ^^;

mossygreen

quality posts: 75 Private Messages mossygreen

And now I can replace my flood-soaked Wootopoly game, so all of my woot-off wishes came true and this truly was the BEST WOOTOFF EVER. Except for joshobra, but I'm sure his bag will be reinstated, and then it will be the best wootoff for everyone.

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
darkinc wrote:So the emails have begun... Nothing over here yet

Yeah I'm operating under the assumption I didn't get one, to avoid disappointment! I just want to know how close I was.

swenocha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swenocha

I was at 22:09:32, so I hope to see an email. If not... well... there's always next time...

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 45 Private Messages dernst_ca1

I got the calculator I desperately needed for my daughter.. that in itself is a win for me..

-JMHSRV

joshobra

Linad wrote:I predict an extra crappy crap coming your way ;) (the good kind of crappy)

I'm kinda hoping so, but it's all up to them with they crap they want to give me.

All BOCs are the same, except the ones that are better!

zooshooter

darkinc wrote:Yusssss just got my email woo!

Still want to know what place i got ^^;

What was your sent timestamp?

danflek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danflek

Waiting....?

Did spelling in the Subject line matter? (typing seemed faster than ctrl+v)

wooting4keeps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooting4keeps

OHHHHHHHHHMYYYYYYYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH. 4 minutes ago. CRAP! HOLY! CRAP! OH MY CRAP! FIRST CRAP. CRAPWIN. CRRAPOLA. I am beside myself.

• First Woot: 08/21/2012
  • First Barge Of Carp: 04/24/2013
  • Second Box of Chips: Coming soon.
  • Total Woots as of 6/19/2013: 47
  • Dollars spent: $2000+

ashsei

novastarj wrote:Yeah I'm operating under the assumption I didn't get one, to avoid disappointment! I just want to know how close I was.

Me too. Which is really surprising I was definitely under 10 seconds response. I'm wondering if my email made a pitstop somewhere in cyberspace and thats why I didn't get one My heart is broken.