Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad

so who wants to share their attempts? Here is what my sent folder looked like yesterday...

16 attempts
6:43 pm being my 1st
1:05 am being my victory

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

Awesome, just got my first. I was at 09:28.

crapword
11:55 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me
Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you. And make sure to buy it before Friday, 4/26, or it shall disappear into the ether.

http://www.woot.com/offers/YAY

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

SOLD OUT NEXT CLUE!!!

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

lpsession

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lpsession
wooting4keeps wrote:Oh my gosh, what the hell! Something really messed up must have happened. I did go right in and buy it right after getting my email, didn't want to risk this leaving it around in my cart business. Mine was actually a REPLY to my elfco email though, so I don't see how they could have fudged this up!

Mine was too! That's really weird.. I sent in a support ticket about it, hopefully it'll get resolved.

ashsei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashsei
itoaseik wrote:Awesome, just got my first. I was at 09:28.

crapword

to me
Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you. And make sure to buy it before Friday, 4/26, or it shall disappear into the ether.

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

I REALLLYYYY hope I didn't lose by 4 seconds. That would be devastating.

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch
dernst_ca1 wrote:SOLD OUT NEXT CLUE!!!

YES!! I'm ready! Email open, fingers on ctrl c and alt tab!!!

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
dernst_ca1 wrote:SOLD OUT NEXT CLUE!!!

Next Clue: Where you should be going now after two days of saying up.

thumperchick

quality posts: 240 Private Messages thumperchick
lpsession wrote:We were both sent the same link I guess? It says you bought mine.

You need to email support@woot.com
STAT

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei
trekmiss wrote:Still holding out hope... Till skemmis (sorry if misspelled) says all emails have been sent.

Me too. No idea on the exact seconds as yahoo only shows hour and minute, but I know I was pretty fast (as fast as evil network allows). I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but I'm so hoping I do.

joshobra

quality posts: 38 Private Messages joshobra

Yeah, I'm guessing it's a link problem.

With over a hundred of these kind of links, I think someone is pretty much bound to mess up. But that makes us humans and we're bound for mistakes.

I really hope this gets fixed though!

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

danflek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danflek
itoaseik wrote:Awesome, just got my first. I was at 09:28.

crapword

to me

At cross purposes,

Woot

So there's still hope....? I was also in when the second hand struck 28.

ehs5mw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehs5mw
darkinc wrote:No... I think your mail server time is off, if his time is the same as mine he send his almost instantly...

Interesting, thanks. I sent mine almost instantly as well, so something must be off. I suspect you are right. In other words, I have no clue how close I may have been.

lpsession

thumperchick wrote:You need to email support@woot.com
STAT

Done! Hopefully this issue gets resolved for everyone.

dernst_ca1

blah

-JMHSRV

dernst_ca1

ashsei wrote:I REALLLYYYY hope I didn't lose by 4 seconds. That would be devastating.

Probably oughtta avoid becoming a race car driver then....

That would kill me too.. I have no clue when mine was sent/recevied

-JMHSRV

ifwisheswereroses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ifwisheswereroses
baybei wrote:Me too. No idea on the exact seconds as yahoo only shows hour and minute, but I know I was pretty fast (as fast as evil network allows). I haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but I'm so hoping I do.

To find exact time for Yahoo (for the future), open/highlight the message, then Actions -> View full header.

dfunk29

quality posts: 48 Private Messages dfunk29

What's this about the email with extra BOCs?

darkinc

ehs5mw wrote:Interesting, thanks. I sent mine almost instantly as well, so something must be off. I suspect you are right. In other words, I have no clue how close I may have been.

Actually, he posted the wrong time for his attempt, most likely from a previous clue.

Here is my time, and I received an email: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik

Alright, finally time for bed. Good luck to everyone still waiting. That was a great woot-off.

ApaOps5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApaOps5
dfunk29 wrote:What's this about the email with extra BOCs?

If you don't know you probably didn't get one!

They are giving the first 50 people who responded to the last clue a BOC

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
ehs5mw wrote:Then surely I am getting one?
22:09:47 -0500
If that's serious, at least. Were you honestly minutes later than the clue?

Sorry... not sure where that one came from.

Actual time stamp for my outgoing email for elfco: 23:09:29 -0400

Rootstock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rootstock

The last 3 items have been the sort of items that are traditional woot off enders, and yet it rolls on. And the blurb now says "do you see what's going on?"

...I hold out hope...

lpsession

My time stamp: 24 Apr 2013 20:09:26

zooshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zooshooter
darkinc wrote:Actually, he posted the wrong time for his attempt, most likely from a previous clue.

Oh man, I'm 9 seconds after you. This could be a tragedy.

danflek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danflek

Joy!!!!!!

Victory is mine.

Congrats to all. Well played. If you're waiting, there's still hope.

(my time stamp was at 09:28

darkinc

Linad wrote:so who wants to share their attempts? Here is what my sent folder looked like yesterday...

/snip

16 attempts

Haha here is mine..

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

My time stamp was 20:09:32.

Overall, I sent in 49 answers, a couple were incorrect. I answered every clue I was awake for.

Airwolf42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Airwolf42
Airwolf42 wrote:I had 20:09:29 -0700 (PDT) and still havent got an email... Anyone else got one with that time?

So I'm on my way up the stairs and I hear it... The little sound when you get an incoming email. I almost jumped over the railing!! Sure enough, I GOT MY Bag of Cowardliness!!!!!

ehs5mw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehs5mw
darkinc wrote:Actually, he posted the wrong time for his attempt, most likely from a previous clue.

Okay, mine was still probably too slow, but thank you for the update. Perhaps they will post what the last time in was. Congrats on getting yours!

ifwisheswereroses

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ifwisheswereroses

I got one, and my timestamp was Wed, 24 Apr 2013 20:09:28

http://www.woot.com/offers/BagofAWESOME

At cross purposes,

Woot

ashsei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashsei
trekmiss wrote:My time stamp was 20:09:32.

Overall, I sent in 49 answers, a couple were incorrect. I answered every clue I was awake for.

Same timestamp! Here's hoping!

aferg1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aferg1
skemmis wrote:Hey Guys! The first fifty responses to this last clue will get BOCs! It's our way of saying thanks to all of you who stuck it out.

Thanks for playing! We had a blast and we hope you did too.

How cool is that - you guys STILL rock!

FrostByte

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FrostByte
Linad wrote:so who wants to share their attempts? Here is what my sent folder looked like yesterday...

16 attempts

40 attempts
First: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:41:06 -0400
Winner (of 50): Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:09:29 -0400

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Yay! I made the ctrl-c (hurrdurr, see what I did there? :P) For those curious, my time was 20:09:28.

Thank you, skemmis, and thank you, Woot.

p.s. kudos on the puzzle construction. I've tried my hand at writing crosswords before and it ain't as easy as it looks.

11:53 PM (9 minutes ago)

to me

http://www.woot.com/offers/Huzzah!

At cross purposes,

Woot

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

What a freakin' awesome day! I thought it was kinda crappy...but then, woot helped make it crappier...I got in with the first 50!!!! woooooooot!

http://www.woot.com/offers/wootisawesome

At cross purposes,

Woot

laureggie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laureggie

man I stayed up late to do homework because of this and yesterday night and after I left, the staff comes and says the first 50 people who got the last one correct will get a BoC.. what great luck /:

darkinc

darkinc wrote:Haha here is mine..

Ahh a good night indeed, caught a Bag of Cowardliness, and (just finally checked the trap), the snapping noise was indeed the baby mouse getting trapped inside!

mossygreen

quality posts: 71 Private Messages mossygreen
baybei wrote:What a freakin' awesome day! I thought it was kinda crappy...but then, woot helped make it crappier...I got in with the first 50!!!! woooooooot!

http://www.woot.com/offers/wootisawesome

At cross purposes,

Woot

Congrats!

This has turned into a red letter day for a lot of people!

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
darkinc wrote:Haha here is mine..

FrostByte wrote:40 attempts
First: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 09:41:06 -0400
Winner (of 50): Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:09:29 -0400

That's serious commitment!

darkinc

ehs5mw wrote:Okay, mine was still probably too slow, but thank you for the update. Perhaps they will post what the last time in was. Congrats on getting yours!

Thank's a lot, I hope you manage to snag one!