scorpshockey

quality posts: 7 Private Messages scorpshockey
Rootstock wrote:...le sigh. But thanks for all the hard work!

Indeed! Let the bitter tears flow...

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 32 Private Messages dernst_ca1
Linad wrote:That is awesome! I remember watching your video back then and hoping you would donate some of those toys!

Denated every single one

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dernst_ca1

dernst_ca1 wrote:Denated every single one

donated

jthebird1977

quality posts: 22 Private Messages jthebird1977
ApaOps5 wrote:Arbitrary in that when you send it and when woot gets it is not correlated to the exact same times. Server lag, twisted tubes, etc. You can get a general trend on when the cutoff was based on the aggregate results of everyones timestamps.

That said, I am sorry you missed out.

so, basically it's the cats in the internets batting the email around before it gets to the destination. makes sense.

thanks.

hc4dan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hc4dan

Looks like they gave out 50 BOC on their last answer - 6 Down. That was cool. I am on a staycation and made it a point to play CrapWord while watching movies all day. Made my day to finally get the BOC in the end!!

daniel d hanson

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

What I have learned from this 50 fastest, is that I never had a chance. I got that last answer in almost instantaneously on my end. Slow computer and probably slow reaction times that felt fast are to blame. Knowing what I know now, I'd still do it all again and keep trying to improve.

dernst_ca1

aferg1 wrote:You have multiple wives?

no... just exhausted from staying up for two days working on a crossword puzzle

trekmiss

dernst_ca1 wrote:what was your time? We are trying to establish how far we missed by.. we were in at 8:09 like all the 50 winners...

My time was 20:09:32.

I saw a winner post a time of 20:09:30

Rootstock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rootstock

And for the next woot off, if you all need a babysitter, I have found the perfect candidate! :-D

toddles12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddles12

What, what? Gots me a Bigglesworth on Crystal on the last word! Elfco!

I'll have to admit, woot!, this was a good woot-off! The crapword game was fun - thanks for mixing it up!

DeviantDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeviantDragon

Had gone to the gym, but I can now confirm that I was one of the lucky 50 from the last clue!

Thanks, Woot! This is BOC #11 for me in just about ~6 years of being active on Woot I think?

mossygreen

quality posts: 65 Private Messages mossygreen
skemmis wrote:hOLy CrAp!!!

All 50 emails have been sent. Check your spam filters (turns out some don't like so much "crap"), congratulate yourself if you won, and weep bitter, crappy tears if you didn't. AND REMEMBER TO BUY YOUR CRAP PRONTO. IT WILL DISAPPEAR TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT. joshobra, I'm looking at you.

Thank you so much for everyone who played. Ya'll have been an awesome crew. I had a blast and I hope you did too.

Thank YOU! If this was your puppy they should give you a raise or a bonus or something. Whom do we contact on your behalf?

pomodesign

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pomodesign

Got my Crap! Thanks Woot!
Say, did Will Shortz help you with this puzzle?

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee

Does anyone know if the message below could mean that I am not receiving some messages even in my SPAM folder? Is microsoft filtering email and choosing what I can and cannot receive?

You don't have junk here (hooray!)—Microsoft SmartScreen is working to keep it out of your inbox, too.

ApaOps5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApaOps5
trekmiss wrote:My time was 20:09:32.

Yes that was the timestamp on my gmail

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch

Do I go to bed now with just 5 hours of sleep coming or wait for 7 more minutes to see what pops up for tomorrow?

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

darthbean18

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthbean18

I Won on the last one! (elfco) on my 24th entry of the woot-off.

"
Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot"

Recieved timestamp- 20:09:31 -0700 (PDT)

Moueska

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Moueska

I think they cleared up the filter. BOC isn't popping up anything, and I've started to see some non wizard-of-oz items.

mossygreen

sflesch wrote:Do I go to bed now with just 5 hours of sleep coming or wait for 7 more minutes to see what pops up for tomorrow?

Stay up! Brush your teeth and come back!

Linad

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Linad
sflesch wrote:Do I go to bed now with just 5 hours of sleep coming or wait for 7 more minutes to see what pops up for tomorrow?

I'm thinking the same thing lol. I can't get myself to get away from the computer at this point

trekmiss

darthbean18 wrote:I Won on the last one! on my 24th entry of the woot-off.

"
Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot"

Recieved timestamp- 20:09:31 -0700 (PDT)

Oh no! Now it appears I missed it by 1 second! I think it would be easier to lose by 10 than by 1.

aferg1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aferg1
trekmiss wrote:My time was 20:09:32.

One winner posted a time of 23:12:something, leading me to feel more confident than I should have with my 23:10:05. Aw, well, still lots of fun.

And I really can't complain overall. I've a record of nearly 30 craps total over many years.

thumperchick

quality posts: 210 Private Messages thumperchick
Moueska wrote:I think they cleared up the filter. BOC isn't popping up anything, and I've started to see some non wizard-of-oz items.

But I LOVE the filter. Let's test it! (Not with curse words, though)
BoC
rainbows
Lollypop Guild
Wind! Tornado! Hide!
suck
I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant

ETA - it's working!

Ding Dong!
Yellow Brick Road
Miss Gulch
Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!
FIRE!

Ok, I'm done now. (Sorry mods!)

joshobra

quality posts: 35 Private Messages joshobra

Shout-out to skemmis (and also ROGETRAY) for being an awesome gamekeeper/mod/staff/whatever-your-title-is on making this happen!

I'd say this was a pretty successful game (besides the fact that it took so many hours and some small hiccups that apparently only happened on my behalf near the end).

I'm really happy right now!!

[awkward silence]

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

darkinc

quality posts: 29 Private Messages darkinc
aferg1 wrote:One winner posted a time of 23:12:something, leading me to feel more confident than I should have with my 23:10:05. Aw, well, still lots of fun.

And I really can't complain overall. I've a record of nearly 30 craps total over many years.

That time I think we discovered was a typo.

Linad

thumperchick wrote:But I LOVE the filter. Let's test it! (Not with curse words, though)
BoC
rainbows
Lollypop Guild
Wind! Tornado! Hide!
suck
I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant

ETA - it's working!

Ding Dong!
Yellow Brick Road
Miss Gulch
Oh joy! Rapture! I got a brain!
FIRE!

Ok, I'm done now. (Sorry mods!)

ooooo If you go to reply, you can see all the bad words you typed =X naughty!

Rootstock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Rootstock

And that's all, folks. G'night.

thumperchick

skemmis wrote:hOLy CrAp!!!

All 50 emails have been sent. Check your spam filters (turns out some don't like so much "crap"), congratulate yourself if you won, and weep bitter, crappy tears if you didn't. AND REMEMBER TO BUY YOUR CRAP PRONTO. IT WILL DISAPPEAR TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT. joshobra, I'm looking at you.

Thank you so much for everyone who played. Ya'll have been an awesome crew. I had a blast and I hope you did too.

Ehwoot's crap was bought before he got there!

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee

maybe emails takes longer to get to me here in California

joshobra

Linad wrote:ooooo If you go to reply, you can see all the bad words you typed =X naughty!

Who uses the word nazi around here? o_O;

toddles12

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddles12
toddles12 wrote:What, what? Gots me a Bigglesworth on Crystal on the last word! Elfco!

I'll have to admit, woot!, this was a good woot-off! The crapword game was fun - thanks for mixing it up!

Ha ha - just noticed they awarded the top 50 for the last clue......for a few minutes I felt a rush of superiority thinking I made Top 2. Three cheers to fleeting arrogance! I'm going to bed.

Linad

Okay officially bedtime for me! Goodnight all! See you back here when the "order shipped" emails come in!

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Wow, thank you woot! I logged off thinking my 8 year string of failure was still unbroken, but when I check my email later there it was! My VERY FIRST EVER BOC!! *sniffle* :D

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

sflesch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sflesch
Linad wrote:ooooo If you go to reply, you can see all the bad words you typed =X naughty!

I thought you were just messing, like that one where the person tricked the other person into typing their password by telling them it appeared as asterisks when they saw it...does anyone get what I'm talking about? I'm tired.

Why is it that everytime I click I want one", Woot makes me buy it? Don't they ever just want to know that, "Yes, I want one?" http://www.sflesch.com

thumperchick

joshobra wrote:Who uses the word nazi around here? o_O;

People love the term "Grammar Nazi"

mossygreen

AttilaTheMom wrote:Wow, thank you woot! I logged off thinking my 8 year string of failure was still unbroken, but when I check my email later there it was! My VERY FIRST EVER BOC!! *sniffle* :D

Congratulations!

joshobra

AttilaTheMom wrote:Wow, thank you woot! I logged off thinking my 8 year string of failure was still unbroken, but when I check my email later there it was! My VERY FIRST EVER BOC!! *sniffle* :D

Awesome! Congrats!! And congrats to all those got their BoC firsties too today!

thumperchick wrote:People love the term "Grammar Nazi"

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking about that. I think the sleep-deprived me went with the whole... supremacy type of peoples.

mossygreen

joshobra wrote:Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking about that. I think the sleep-deprived me went with the whole... supremacy type of peoples.

Wait, when did you put your stolen BOC in your signature? That's so clever and I didn't notice it until now.

jeffdoh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh

Learned an important lesson here. If I couldn't win among the 50, where I submitted the email as fast as humanly possible, it is hopeless that I could ever even come close to getting top 2. I don't even see any way I could improve my time all that much. I pre-entered the answer in OPEN outlook emails and had only to cut and paste the subject line clue. took a mere number of seconds. And not even top 50? How is this possible, but more importantly is there any poimt to my even trying in the future!

Jeffrey Lax

joshobra

mossygreen wrote:Wait, when did you put your stolen BOC in your signature? That's so clever and I didn't notice it until now.

That's actually the last of the three BoC links I got and I edited my signature right after I bought it.

That's actually a pretty good idea! I'm going to put the link of the stolen BoC on my signature instead of the one I bought from.

Long story short:

1st BoC link - 404 error
2nd BoC link - Stolen after I let it sit for a few hours
3rd BoC link - FINALLY!

What's the worst that could happen next? Lost mail.