coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

So I finally added up all of my attempts to answer the clues and my total was 46.

Which is not much more than the number of hours I have spent taking part in all of this lol.

coolchris160

joshobra wrote:That's actually the last of the three BoC links I got and I edited my signature right after I bought it.

That's actually a pretty good idea! I'm going to put the link of the stolen BoC on my signature instead of the one I bought from.

Long story short:

1st BoC link - 404 error
2nd BoC link - Stolen after I let it sit for a few hours
3rd BoC link - FINALLY!

What's the worst that could happen next? Lost mail.

Don't jinx yourself! haha

I'm really glad the issue got resolved and I hope the same goes for the few other people that had issues as well.

mossygreen

quality posts: 69 Private Messages mossygreen
joshobra wrote:That's actually the last of the three BoC links I got and I edited my signature right after I bought it.

That's actually a pretty good idea! I'm going to put the link of the stolen BoC on my signature instead of the one I bought from.

Long story short:

1st BoC link - 404 error
2nd BoC link - Stolen after I let it sit for a few hours
3rd BoC link - FINALLY!

What's the worst that could happen next? Lost mail.

Now it will live forever in infamy!

coolchris160

skemmis wrote:hOLy CrAp!!!

All 50 emails have been sent. Check your spam filters (turns out some don't like so much "crap"), congratulate yourself if you won, and weep bitter, crappy tears if you didn't. AND REMEMBER TO BUY YOUR CRAP PRONTO. IT WILL DISAPPEAR TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT. joshobra, I'm looking at you.

Thank you so much for everyone who played. Ya'll have been an awesome crew. I had a blast and I hope you did too.
mossygreen wrote:Thank YOU! If this was your puppy they should give you a raise or a bonus or something. Whom do we contact on your behalf?

Agreed. Even if it wasn't his/her brainchild, he/she certainly put in a lot of time and hard work in order to keep everything (mostly) under control.

I'd say it was nothing short of a great success!

Thanks to all of the Woot staff and fellow Wooters as well for making this as great as it was.

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
FrostByte wrote:I was at 23:12:25 -0400 and I just got my email!

Thanks so much Woot!

I guess I will get one then at 23:09:44

krdzine1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krdzine1
bratib wrote:I guess I will get one then at 23:09:44

Hmmmm.... I was at 23:10 and don't see an email either.... I want crap too!

Was lots of fun though!

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
bratib wrote:I guess I will get one then at 23:09:44

I'm not sure about that. My hubby didn't get one and his timestamp was 23:09:34. I think people are putting a bit too much stock in the timestamp. It's not about when your email left you - as much as when woot got it.

Good luck, though!

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee
trekmiss wrote:What I have learned from this 50 fastest, is that I never had a chance. I got that last answer in almost instantaneously on my end. Slow computer and probably slow reaction times that felt fast are to blame. Knowing what I know now, I'd still do it all again and keep trying to improve.

I feel the same. We have super fast Internet.. The last one was locked loaded and ready to go... If they do this again I will go in with full knowledge that I can't slide in under 50 other woofers.. 8-/. Certainly did get the woot pumping through my veins tho.

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra
coolchris160 wrote:Don't jinx yourself! haha

I'm really glad the issue got resolved and I hope the same goes for the few other people that had issues as well.

Hahaha. I hope this wouldn't happen either. But I was having a fairly bad day today. I was checking out my tracking numbers from these bulk orders I've made from China (took nearly two weeks to even budge to the post office) for my [epically] small business and one of them landed in Brownsville, TX (its been sitting there for over 48 hours now) and the other just popped up in Bethpage, NY earlier today out of five packages.

Anyways, it was pretty fun and interesting to actively participate on this thread and I really loved and appreciated all the commendations received from both Wooters and staffs. I had fun! And I'm already excited to see what I'll get!

Now, at last, I shall get plenty of sleep tonight!

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
Linad wrote:Just realized that there is a good chance of me getting my crap around my SIXTH year anniversary on woot! Joined May 13th 2007!!

munchkin ;}

joshobra

Why am I still awake? lol.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU

I wouldn't get too discouraged if you didn't get top 50. The internet has enough variables that I think at a different hour with the same emails from the same people and same time sent, that I could have been outside the 50. The only thing I did different with the last one was put the email together ready to send with subject and header already entered, nothing left to type. As soon as the last clue was up, I switched tabs to the email program and clicked send. I suppose it could have been more efficient to have a separate window open visible at the same time, and if I really wanted to cut it close, keep refreshing in one window and have the mouse ready with the other hand to send the email.

Coogles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Coogles

WOOT! Went to sleep right after sending in the last answer and woke up to some crap!

>Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid
>crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity
>to purchase a bag of useless crap.
>
>DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR
>TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you
>give it to somebody else we can't help you. And make sure to buy it
>before Friday, 4/26, or it shall disappear into the ether.
>
>http://www.woot.com/offers/redacted
>
>
>Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow
>players' faces. That's sportsmanship.
>
>At cross purposes,
>
>Woot

crktfrog

quality posts: 9 Private Messages crktfrog

No crap for me! This was my timestamp: 20:09:53

Not a prayer.

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy

I'm going to sulk now. My time stamp was a full second before some others who got boc emails, but thanks to the interwebs variables, I get no boc. I worked so hard at that too... oh well, it was a lovely gesture to hand out some extras at the end of it all, and maybe ill be lucky next time.

7 years and only 1 boc from april fools day this year. Maybe I need a faster internet connection!

Ok, sulk over. Bring on the next woot game!

lpsession

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lpsession

All 50 emails have been sent. Check your spam filters (turns out some don't like so much "crap"), congratulate yourself if you won, and weep bitter, crappy tears if you didn't. AND REMEMBER TO BUY YOUR CRAP PRONTO. IT WILL DISAPPEAR TOMORROW AT MIDNIGHT. joshobra, I'm looking at you.

Thank you so much for everyone who played. Ya'll have been an awesome crew. I had a blast and I hope you did too.

I have not received a response yet. Got my link in the email with wooting4keeps having bought mine minutes after it was sent to me.. :/

m5rammy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages m5rammy
krdzine1 wrote:Hmmmm.... I was at 23:10 and don't see an email either.... I want crap too!

Was lots of fun though!

same here

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

guess Ill finally concede.. toss the crapword in the recycling and move along... no email..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
whatsamattaU wrote:I wouldn't get too discouraged if you didn't get top 50. The internet has enough variables that I think at a different hour with the same emails from the same people and same time sent, that I could have been outside the 50. The only thing I did different with the last one was put the email together ready to send with subject and header already entered, nothing left to type. As soon as the last clue was up, I switched tabs to the email program and clicked send. I suppose it could have been more efficient to have a separate window open visible at the same time, and if I really wanted to cut it close, keep refreshing in one window and have the mouse ready with the other hand to send the email.

I would also like to point out that I am almost certain that not everyone was able to see the new items at the same time, for whatever reason. At one point I was F5ing too fast, and it showed me the new item, then previous item, then new item again. I also know that I (and others) sometimes submitted within 5-10 seconds of seeing the clue, only to see timestamps 30 seconds faster.

Basically, I think this just means that there was some uncontrolled randomness, something to do with all them internet tubes. Maybe Al Gore can explain it.

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
itoaseik wrote:I would also like to point out that I am almost certain that not everyone was able to see the new items at the same time, for whatever reason. At one point I was F5ing too fast, and it showed me the new item, then previous item, then new item again. I also know that I (and others) sometimes submitted within 5-10 seconds of seeing the clue, only to see timestamps 30 seconds faster.

Basically, I think this just means that there was some uncontrolled randomness, something to do with all them internet tubes. Maybe Al Gore can explain it.

Uncontrolled randomness for a random boc? Seems somehow logically poetic.

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

This was a very fun, unique and interesting way to vie for the crapulent prize. It's nice to see happy wooters and no sore losers for a change. Thanks woot!

tkrueger15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tkrueger15

Re: 6-Down: N. Pole Bus

YOU WERE #50!!!!!!!

Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you. And make sure to buy it before Friday, 4/26, or it shall disappear into the ether.

http://www.woot.com/offers/IGOTTHE LAST ONE!

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

I skinned by to get the absolute last Bag of Cowardliness.I was the last one from the Lucky 50 wooters for the last clue. I was emailed at 11:27. My timestamp on my email was Wed Apr 24 21:27:17 2013.

I certainly put my time in to get this one! I followed it and sent emails the entire previous 46 hours! And dealt with a dissappointed wife afterwards for all the time I didn't spend with her. The BOC will hopefully be worth the timethat I'm in the dog house the next couple days.

aliceinwootland

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aliceinwootland

AW Yellow Brick Road!!!! I was distracted and before the last clue, then remembered and went "Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!" and refreshed and there was the new item already and I slammed command+c/v and sent it out (had the clue already typed out) and was sure I'd missed it, AND SOMEHOW I RANDOMLY REMEMBERED JUST IN TIME TO GET A BOC!!! YESS!!!!!!!!!

tkrueger15

I will certainly post what I got when I get it!

tkrueger15

aliceinwootland wrote:AW Yellow Brick Road!!!! I was distracted and before the last clue, then remembered and went "Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Ding Dong!" and refreshed and there was the new item already and I slammed command+c/v and sent it out (had the clue already typed out) and was sure I'd missed it, AND SOMEHOW I RANDOMLY REMEMBERED JUST IN TIME TO GET A BOC!!! YESS!!!!!!!!!

what number were you?

mossygreen

tkrueger15 wrote:Re: 6-Down: N. Pole Bus

YOU WERE #50!!!!!!!

Congratulations! You spent wayyyyyy too much of your day on this stupid crossword puzzle, and are being handsomely rewarded with the opportunity to purchase a bag of useless crap.

DO NOT SHARE THIS URL WITH ANYONE BEFORE YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR TRANSACTION. There is only one BOC at the end of this rainbow, and if you give it to somebody else we can't help you. And make sure to buy it before Friday, 4/26, or it shall disappear into the ether.

http://www.woot.com/offers/IGOTTHE LAST ONE!

Thanks for playing, and make sure to rub your victory in your fellow players' faces. That's sportsmanship.

At cross purposes,

Woot

I skinned by to get the absolute last Bag of Cowardliness.I was the last one from the Lucky 50 wooters for the last clue. I was emailed at 11:27. My timestamp on my email was Wed Apr 24 21:27:17 2013.

I certainly put my time in to get this one! I followed it and sent emails the entire previous 46 hours! And dealt with a dissappointed wife afterwards for all the time I didn't spend with her. The BOC will hopefully be worth the timethat I'm in the dog house the next couple days.

That's pretty specifically great! Congrats!

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
lpsession wrote:I have not received a response yet. Got my link in the email with wooting4keeps having bought mine minutes after it was sent to me.. :/

That link (with wooting4keeps as the buyer) was seemingly given to many people... Not just you. Methinks woot made a mistake.

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt

I just realized that I got my IBC root beer Bag of Cowardliness 2 days before the 1 year anniversary since my last bag! To be honest I never actually thought that I'd get another Bag of Cowardliness after that last one last April.

lpsession

thumperchick wrote:That link (with wooting4keeps as the buyer) was seemingly given to many people... Not just you. Methinks woot made a mistake.

Hello William

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Sorry you missed out on a Bag o' Crap. Unfortunately, there's only so much crap to go around. A successful purchase should feel like discovering buried treasure, except the treasure is actually crap. The uncertainty is part of the fun.

What shouldn't be part of the fun is frustrating technical issues. We've upgraded our system to handle thousands of wooters slamming our servers at once. But even if our servers and code worked perfectly, the BOC would just sell out even faster.

Sorry again for the aggravation. We wish you luck in your pursuit of future crap.

Best Regards,

Riley
Woot Member Services

^^^^^

My e-mail back from support.. Very disappointed.

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear
lpsession wrote:Hello William

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Sorry you missed out on a Bag o' Crap. Unfortunately, there's only so much crap to go around. A successful purchase should feel like discovering buried treasure, except the treasure is actually crap. The uncertainty is part of the fun.

What shouldn't be part of the fun is frustrating technical issues. We've upgraded our system to handle thousands of wooters slamming our servers at once. But even if our servers and code worked perfectly, the BOC would just sell out even faster.

Sorry again for the aggravation. We wish you luck in your pursuit of future crap.

Best Regards,

Riley
Woot Member Services

^^^^^

Form letter... Woot, please investigate further how personal links for BoC's fairly won are being snatched by others. (And multiple ones at that!) Don't let the ending of a great Woot Off be ruined by instances like the above!

Gonna miss hanging out with everyone today. LoL

~Zara

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

lpsession

Zarabear wrote:Form letter... Woot, please investigate further how personal links for BoC's fairly won are being snatched by others. (And multiple ones at that!) Don't let the ending of a great Woot Off be ruined by instances like the above!

~Zara

Figured as much... Emailed back giving more details and asking to forward to someone who worked on the crossword puzzle but apparently my ticket was already ended cause I got a new email with a new ticket number.

I've never had such a quick, unthoughtful response from support before. :/

skemmis

quality posts: 10 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

lpsession wrote:Figured as much... Emailed back giving more details and asking to forward to someone who worked on the crossword puzzle but apparently my ticket was already ended cause I got a new email with a new ticket number.

I've never had such a quick, unthoughtful response from support before. :/

I PMed you, LP. We'll get this figured out.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

skemmis, you deserve a raise, a commendation, a vacation, etc. Whatever way the Woot rewards great employees, you should be rewarded for your hard work and for keeping a fun atmosphere.

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
skemmis wrote:I PMed you, LP. We'll get this figured out.

mossygreen

lpsession wrote:Hello William

Best Regards,

Riley
Woot Member Services

^^^^^

Good lord, it's like no one told customer support about the crossword puzzle. Or the wootoff. That's... bad management.

Zarabear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zarabear

(edited because it was a bit large...)

For you Skemmis! You rock. :D

~Zara

Too many to list... Woot on, Wayne.

krdzine1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krdzine1

missed out on the crap
and now don't know what to do with myself... itchy F5 finger wanting to refresh (doesn't work too well in Indesign) and get the next clue.

crapword = crackword
need my fix.

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

Sorry to those that didn't get any crap. All of us on here know how that feels.

To those that did manage to get a crap, will this be the thread where we discuss shipping dates, weight, delivery times, contents of the boc, etc?

Insert signature here.

mikebbass

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mikebbass

I dont know whose idea the crossword was but I loved it. You guys seriously brought me back to Woot. I hate to say it but I had gotten bored, the puzzle format made it more fun and I really enjoyed it.

Now I need to keep hitting refresh on the track by reference page on Fedex.

Stalk ya later Woot

You can trust me, I'm not like the others
Mike

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

1. Bags Of Crap
  2. The Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/2014
  3. Big ol' Catapult 7/11/2014
  4. (Hand)Big ol' Catapult 3/23/2014
  5. 2nd Day of Crapness 12/4/13
  6. 45 Down Crossword 4/23/13
  7. FCWCECKMFONPTDMIPWAACBFMIGWS 9/18/12
  8. good-old-golden-crap-days 8/13/12
  9. we-eight-the-crap 7/12/12
  10. in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  11. feliz-crapleanos 7/12/12
  12. who-smell-just-like-you 7/12/12
  13. not-exactly-a-goodie-bag 7/12/12
  14. Barrel of Crops 05/22/12
  15. Barrel of Crops 04/25/12
  16. Big ol' Catapult 03/22/12
  17. Big ol' Catapult 01/19/12
  18. Santa's Sack of Crap 12/25/11
  19. Big ol' Catapult 12/06/11
  20. Big ol' Catapult 11/09/11
  21. Big ol' Catapult 07/12/11
  22. Big ol' Catapult 06/15/11
  23. Random Crap 09/22/10
  24. Random Crap 08/20/10
  25. Random Crap 04/14/10
  26. Random Crap 01/28/10
  27. Random Crap 09/24/08
  28. Random Crap 04/01/08

joshobra

jsh139 wrote:Sorry to those that didn't get any crap. All of us on here know how that feels.

To those that did manage to get a crap, will this be the thread where we discuss shipping dates, weight, delivery times, contents of the boc, etc?

Yep. It should most likely be here. Where else would be put it?!

So, onward to Phase 2!

And now, a quote according to DrGandalf.

drgandalf wrote:

The Phases of the Bag of Crap (according to DrGandalf):

Phase 1: The discussion of getting vs. not getting the Bag of Crap, with the usual reference to the cursed bots, Woot's horrible servers, and related.

Phase 2: The discussion of when will Woot finally ship the Bags, and did you get your tracking number, and the creation of the spreadsheet.

Phase 3: The discussion of how much the packages are predicted to weigh, how big they are, how Smartpost is sending them all around the country, and whether they are arriving early, late, or maybe never, and how to find out all the tracking information.

Phase 4: The revealing of the contents of the much awaited Bags of Crap, with much hooting and Wooting by those that are happy, some grumbling by those that are not, but with most folks happy that they got to play the game no matter what they got. Plus, we can hope for The Letter!, even though there hasn't been one for a long time.