nmt731

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nmt731
joshobra wrote:

Can you enlighten others on what the letter was that you speak of?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I'm sticking with the belief that I did actually win with one of my entries, but the reply got filtered out and never got to me.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
nmt731 wrote:Can you enlighten others on what the letter was that you speak of?

It is similar to the Golden Ticket.

Back in the day, if woot had something particularly large they wanted to dump into a BOC, the would not ship it with your box. You would open your box, and you would find a letter - from the ThreePieceWoot. This letter would tell you that your final crappy item wouldn't fit in your box and that you will be contacted to setup the shipment of your last item.

What was this magical, large last item? Well, it's been: Flat screen TV(s), a pallet of car wax, several hundred left handed putters, a pallet of army men toys, and other odd things.

There has not been a letter like that in at least 2 years, that I know of. So, don't hold your breath. BUT! Should woot need to get rid of 5000 Cinderella clocks, you may get a note from Colonel Crap (he replaced TPW) and a shipment of strange.

joshobra

quality posts: 37 Private Messages joshobra

Letters:

Craptastic shipments:

Pretty much what thumperchick said!

I've gotten some pretty interesting crap throughout my one year experience on Woot (from a DVD player with a workout CD in it to a large stack of useless manuals). I can't wait to see what I'll get next!

Just to let ColonelCrap know though, my shirt size is XL! I keep getting small Woot shirts. >_<;

POSSIBLY THE BEST BoC THREAD EVER. (With a story!~)
O-M-G! That Squirrel stole my Bag of Crap!

zatkins08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zatkins08

Ohhhh, Colonel. Time to come out and plaaaaaaayyyy.

Linad

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Linad
joshobra wrote:
Just to let ColonelCrap know though, my shirt size is XL! I keep getting small Woot shirts. >_<;

This was my last Bag of Cowardliness (exactly one year ago tomorrow)

this shirt size kids small:

and this tron legacy sticker set

so
1 Tupperware container
1 box of 20 bottle clean tablets
1 4pack of AAA batteries
1 Dragon Ball Z action figure
1 laptop cooling base
1 small kids shirt
1 Tron Legacy sticker set
1 very special ? paper bag

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus

i got this one!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                   (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

elangomatt

quality posts: 11 Private Messages elangomatt
Linad wrote:This was my last Bag of Cowardliness (exactly one year ago tomorrow)

Do you remember what sort of Bag of Cowardliness that was last year around this time? I just find it a bit strange that I got my last Bag of Cowardliness exactly a year ago TODAY, but you got one a year ago tomorrow. Was it one of those times when they only gave a small number away at a time or something?

elangomatt

Jeus wrote:i got this one!

That is actually pretty awesome that you framed your letter. I never thought of it before but that's a pretty awesome idea. I think I would have included a picture of the actual contents, but it is still cool.

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
elangomatt wrote:That is actually pretty awesome that you framed your letter. I never thought of it before but that's a pretty awesome idea. I think I would have included a picture of the actual contents, but it is still cool.

That just it, I got nothing else. That was sent overnight via fedex to me from TPW (threepiecewoot)

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                   (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

Linad

elangomatt wrote:Do you remember what sort of Bag of Cowardliness that was last year around this time? I just find it a bit strange that I got my last Bag of Cowardliness exactly a year ago TODAY, but you got one a year ago tomorrow. Was it one of those times when they only gave a small number away at a time or something?

I remember they had a woot off as usual and would have a couple hundred bags between items. They probably had 10 or so chances to win.

mossygreen

quality posts: 69 Private Messages mossygreen
Linad wrote:
and this tron legacy sticker set

Oh man, that Tron sticker set. Couldn't give it away (actually, I could and did-to Goodwill).

Linad

mossygreen wrote:Oh man, that Tron sticker set. Couldn't give it away (actually, I could and did-to Goodwill).

I know what you mean! It's still in a box in my garage but my friend is having a baby next month and I might sneak it into their home ;)

thumperchick

joshobra wrote:Letters:

The letter that you linked and the "letters" we are talking about are not the same. I actually received a letter and surprise BoC from the supercool Colonel Crap - but not THE LETTER.

ETA - irony - you posted a pic of MY letter!

elangomatt

Jeus wrote:That just it, I got nothing else. That was sent overnight via fedex to me from TPW (threepiecewoot)

Oh ok, I didn't catch it that there was only the letter and nothing else. Putting a letter saying there is nothing shipped separately in a box of crap sounds like something woot would do. I just assumed that there were other things besides the letter you framed.

joshobra

Well, I think I have a perfectly good reason why I should get a letter (OR SOMETHING) this time around… a boring story.

(clears throat)

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

THE LORD OF THE CRAP

[Insert epic theme music here]

EPISODE I: The Phantom of the Wreck-It-Crap Thief

Legend says that once every two-thousand and thirteen years, a few chosen people are selected as tribute to receive a glorious prize known for it’s beauty, respect, admiration and obsession; The Woot Gods calls them a bag of crap. It is well known in history that many will fight for this awesome prize, but only few are crowned victor. Those who are crowned victorious will be remembered forever in Woot history. Those who lose, they usually throw a fit or something until next time. Over the years, the game just keeps getting harder and harder and nobody knows what may come next.

In a small town far not far away lived a man named joshobra. He was not an ordinary person, it was said that when he was born the skies turned from blue to bright golden yellow and the stars aligned in the sky that formed his name for a brief moment. Seriously, nobody tried taking pictures of this event! It would’ve been so epic! All throughout his life, he has been preparing for this glorious day by studying intellectual websites like Gizmodo, MentalFloss, and Playboy. He is known to be always the favorite of everyone.

One morning just shortly after midnight joshobra heard word that the next competition for the glorious crap has begun in the main town of Woot! Immediately without even packing his belongings, he ran to the main town as fast as he could! The objective of this year’s competition was to be one of the first two people to complete the race, which sounds so simple to many people. Thinking he was one of the first to arrive lightning quick, little did he know that he was already too late and that there are already winners for the first round of crap. Seriously, what used to be better?!

Dismayed, he was determined to work even harder on the upcoming rounds knowing that he is against nearly a thousand foes at the same time. But the sudden realization came, he has no idea what he is doing. But he didn’t worry yet though, he estimated that he has about 76-chances to win the glorious crap. As the hours passed by though, he finds out that he is never as fast as the competition, not even close. He is always last in the finish line. He needed to figure out a new plan to out-pace the already impossibly fast race.

With the help of modern day technology and clever thinking, joshobra might have found a way to semi-instantly be faster than his completion. To this day his secrets are still unknown, but others seem to have the same technique anyways. He never wanted a reply back from the Woot Gods so badly before, and it was driving him crazy! Hours pass again and he is either just not cut enough to out-pace the others or have the intellectual resources to solve the riddles that faces against him. Fed up with failure, he falls asleep on his desk from exhaustion.

The next morning, he was pretty sure he wasn’t the only one loitered with failure. He now joins in with the other protestors who hasn’t won anything as well. Along the way he has also met some new friends that are mentioned later in the story. Together, they team up and support each other until each one has won. Hours and hours passed by and answers after answers left unanswered, joshobra has never felt so frustrated before. He now thinks there might be greedy corrupt competitors in the game. He even finds that the winners so far are giving out their answers to help those who still hasn’t figured it out yet, giving him and his friends the disadvantage of having even more competition (which he expresses personally soon after he wakes up.. in which he makes a lot of bad decisions half-asleep). Seeing that he is an absolute failure again and again, he later becomes more distracted with random videos on the internet then falls asleep after a series of false hope and acceptance of defeat (and a stupid clue comes up as soon as he starts to sleep, the Woot Gods are playing tricks on him!). He doesn’t even know when to pee! At one point during the competition, he is not even sure if he is being heard. Maybe he has been shouting at a brick wall this whole time.

Bored so far? This is where it gets interesting…

Again, hours and hours of race after race always ended in failure, which in turn fueled his rage towards the other victors. It was as if he was moving Heaven and Earth but it just was not enough to pull through. But it was either fate or just plain dumb luck, the other competitors suddenly were at a disadvantage! They were completely lost! But joshobra was well prepared this time around after many hours of experience and practice in which he seemingly found his way to the finish line before anyone else did. Moments later, at last! A response from the Woot Gods! He was crowned VICTORIOUS! Words cannot describe his joy and excitement for being selected as tribute yet he was not sure what he did correctly this time around. But the most unfortunate event happened once he walked up to the winning platform to claim his prize; it was nowhere to be found! Joshobra then thinks that the Woot Gods are playing a trick on him and cries in a small corner, ashamed of himself. Bratib then thinks he’s clever enough to trick him into giving up his prize, but joshobra is smart enough to never give it up after all the hard work he has done. The Woot Gods were then aware and surprised this has happened; they quickly huddled up together to figure out what went wrong. These critical minutes felt like hours to joshobra. In the meantime, joshobra instead just brags about how he won the glorious crap even though he wasn’t sure which one was the one he won on, but he won anyways.. confident that he will still receive his prize.

A few hours later, a new prize is presented to joshobra! Once again excited and joyful, he made the worst decision ever and left his prize sitting in a super-secret location (the moon?), thinking that nobody would steal his prize. And people like weenpeen attempts to steal his prize again. Joshobra made sure that there were turrets placed all over his bag of crap safe room.

Hours passed again as joshobra went out to celebrate his success with a small feast at McDonalds topped with caramel ice cream and sweet tea and a well-deserved sleep. He then also tried to help out his fellow comrades (who used to be enemies, ironically) later that day. He also suggested using a more trusting service for their disposal and also sung to them an encouraging song that they could be victors as well when the time has come. Joshobra is a really great singing; he has a very angelic voice.

Later that evening..

As joshobra came back for his glorious crap to bring back home along with the many other things that he wanted to bring along with it, the impossible happened, HIS CRAP WAS STOLEN! His fellow justice friends Rootstock, Linad and coolchris160 immediately came out to help him while joshobra was searching frantically to where it could have went. It was close to impossible to penetrate his safe room! What the heck were the turrets doing??!

Joshobra shouted on top of lungs for help from the Woot Gods! He shouted and he shouted for help. And what was their reply? “You have the worst of luck.” A fellow friend Moueska offers help and support. The Woot Gods appears to think that joshobra is a liar and also thinks that he was out of luck and will not go home with the prize that was promised for him. He now believes that he will go home with nothing, even though he has worked so hard for his prize.

Shortly after a few hours, Rootstock found the crap thief! It was alindm01 this whole time! Trekmiss, Linad and Mouseka spotted him as well running away with the crap from a distance! Alinm01 disappeared shortly after being seen though, and was never heard from again. So it is up to the Woot Gods to decide if he receives the Wrath of the Woot Gods or not as there is no place where Alinm01 can hide. But to Joshobra’s surprise that his fellow friends tried so hard to help him, he was very happy to see his fellow friends out there to help him, he might’ve shed a small tear in front of everyone. If there is anything he could do for his friends, he’ll do anything to help out!

So what happened to his bag of crap?

Later that night, it appears that the Woot God Skemmis felt pity for JoshObra. Instead of leaving him to go home empty handed, he put his hand on joshobra’s shoulder and offered him a [third] chance to receive the prize of crap. What wonderful Woot God is he?! He later even reminded him to take his glorious crap with him home shortly after just in case the thief strikes again, wherever he may be. Of course joshobra would always obey his Woot Gods. As joshobra returned back to his small hometown, there was a party hosted that lasted for a week! Everyone in his hometown was proud of joshobra’s success.

And joshobra lived happily ever after with his bag of crap!

….at least for now.

[To be continued..]

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
joshobra wrote:And joshobra lived happily ever after with his Bag of Cowardliness!

….at least for now.

[to be continued...]

Cool story, bro. But what now? Are you going to become a superhero? Craptain America? Martian Craphunter? Crap Lantern? The world wants to know.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1068 Private Messages whatsamattaU
joshobra wrote:Well, I think I have a perfectly good reason why I should get a letter (OR SOMETHING) this time around… a boring story.

(clears throat)

THE LORD OF THE CRAP

snip

Later that night, it appears that the Woot God Skemmis felt pity for JoshObra and offered him a [third] chance to receive the prize of crap. What wonderful Woot God is he?! He even reminded him to take his glorious crap with him shortly after. Of course joshobra would obey his Woot Gods.

And joshobra lived happily ever after with his Bag of Cowardliness!

….at least for now.

[to be continued...]

1. I want the movie rights.
2. I thought for about a minute about looking for other things to shop for before buying the bag, but between the Skemmis warning and your experience, I hastily purchased the bag. I'm sorry that you had that happen, but I certainly learned something from it, so that I appreciate.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1
thumperchick wrote:It is similar to the Golden Ticket.

Back in the day, if woot had something particularly large they wanted to dump into a BOC, the would not ship it with your box. You would open your box, and you would find a letter - from the ThreePieceWoot. This letter would tell you that your final crappy item wouldn't fit in your box and that you will be contacted to setup the shipment of your last item.

What was this magical, large last item? Well, it's been: Flat screen TV(s), a pallet of car wax, several hundred left handed putters, a pallet of army men toys, and other odd things.

There has not been a letter like that in at least 2 years, that I know of. So, don't hold your breath. BUT! Should woot need to get rid of 5000 Cinderella clocks, you may get a note from Colonel Crap (he replaced TPW) and a shipment of strange.

here again is my pallet of crap..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1q1Odm9zzw

every piece donated to one cause or another

I also got a letter two years ago at christmas which turned out to be a 1st gen iphone..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

joshobra

Linad wrote:This was my last Bag of Cowardliness (exactly one year ago tomorrow)

so
1 Tupperware container
1 box of 20 bottle clean tablets
1 4pack of AAA batteries
1 Dragon Ball Z action figure
1 laptop cooling base
1 small kids shirt
1 Tron Legacy sticker set
1 very special ? paper bag

Oh hey, I got that BoC too! I still have the Tron sticker somewhere in my closet in the box still. Nice Goku figure!

thumperchick wrote:The letter that you linked and the "letters" we are talking about are not the same. I actually received a letter and surprise BoC from the supercool Colonel Crap - but not THE LETTER.

ETA - irony - you posted a pic of MY letter!

Whoops! Sorry about that! I remember what those were now. Google wouldn't help me find the correct letter posts and those were almost the ones I'm looking for. So yeah, it's a letter but not the letter. Still passable, right?

itoaseik wrote:Cool story, bro. But what now? Are you going to become a superhero? Craptain America? Martian Craphunter? Crap Lantern? The world wants to know.

Stay tuned.. for Episode Deux!

whatsamattaU wrote:1. I want the movie rights.
2. I thought for about a minute about looking for other things to shop for before buying the bag, but between the Skemmis warning and your experience, I hastily purchased the bag. I'm sorry that you had that happen, but I certainly learned something from it, so that I appreciate.

Yeah, it was kind of an unfortunate series of events. I tried the best I can to make a story out of it (in two hours). I have a B+ average in all my english courses, but I had some writers block here and there. I'm thinking about adding some content to my story to make it seem more interesting. I kinda got lazy towards the end which pretty much happens to all my other college essays.

dernst_ca1 wrote:here again is my pallet of crap..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1q1Odm9zzw

every piece donated to one cause or another

I also got a letter two years ago at christmas which turned out to be a 1st gen iphone..

Wow! That's an impressive haul! I would've done the same thing to donate most of my crap for the greater good.. in fact I have a box right now (from past crap that I've collected that I feel should go to someone more deserving. It's just as satisfying as receiving the crap from Woot.) ready to go to Philippines right now that is set to depart for June this year and I still have plenty of room for more crap.

I'll keep the electronic crap for myself though.

Lassik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Lassik
Jeus wrote:i got this one!

Sweet! Now I have your address and I don't live that far away from you. So now I just have to wait for you to post details on your BOC and camp out your house that day.

MUHAHAHA!!!!

(OK so it's just your city and not your full address but i bet it made others look)

They say I have Attention Deficit Disorder but i don't th.... Ohh look a kitty!

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 35 Private Messages dernst_ca1

I wonder if it was

the first fifty whose emails were received whether they had the correct answer/format

the first fifty with the correct answer whether they had gotten one right previously

or the first fifty who submitted correct format with correct answer who had not won a Krapp earlier..

thats what I wonder..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

mossygreen

dernst_ca1 wrote:I wonder if it was

the first fifty whose emails were received whether they had the correct answer/format

the first fifty with the correct answer whether they had gotten one right previously

or the first fifty who submitted correct format with correct answer who had not won a Krapp earlier..

thats what I wonder..

I'm going to guess it's the third choice, because they were pretty clear that it's only one BOC per person this week, and if the rules mattered up until the last clue, the last clue must follow the rules as well.

zatkins08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zatkins08

Order status bumped to "Awaiting Shipping"

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Here is the first boc I ever got back in 2006...

I sold the Scala Rider on eBay for $95!

I still use the bag, and somewhere, packed away, I still have the Thumbdrive Locks.

The only letter I have received from Woot came with a box of misprint tshirts....

Looking forward to seeing what the Crapword bocs contain.

joshobra

trekmiss wrote:
The only letter I have received from Woot came with a box of misprint tshirts....

Oh! Nice! What's wrong with the misprints?

mossygreen

trekmiss wrote:

Looking forward to seeing what the Crapword bocs contain.

I am still so, so jealous of everyone who received a box of misprints.

trekmiss

joshobra wrote:Oh! Nice! What's wrong with the misprints?

Mostly either printed crooked, there was a thread on the screen putting a line through the design, or the shirt had a fold causing a gap in the print. Most were very wearable. I sold, traded, or donated/gave away most if them. I think I kept 1 or 2.

trekmiss

mossygreen wrote:I am still so, so jealous of everyone who received a box of misprints.

It was a nice surprise!

ApaOps5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApaOps5

The best BOC (monetarily) I got had two GPS units and a roomba in it.

The best one I got in terms of funny had a ridiculously giant red comb, an Andre the giant action figure and a bunch of random parts with no clue what they went to.

trekmiss

ApaOps5 wrote:The best BOC (monetarily) I got had two GPS units and a roomba in it.

The best one I got in terms of funny had a ridiculously giant red comb, an Andre the giant action figure and a bunch of random parts with no clue what they went to.

Oh, I got Andre the Giant, too!

Another cool boc item I got was an IBM Thinkpad with no battery or cord and has a scrambled hd. I booted it once from a USB drive with Ubuntu and it worked just fine. Since then, it's been sitting in a drawer. Not sure what I'll do with it.

thumperchick

I got my tracking email today!!!

Just a 0.4 placeholder weight so far and not ETA.

joshobra

Shipping notification received!

I don't usually want to click my crappy tracking info so I wouldn't know the size and weight of the haul.

Best of luck to everyone!

sosum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sosum
joshobra wrote:

THE LORD OF THE CRAP

Legend says that once every two-thousand and thirteen years, a few chosen people are selected to receive a glorious prize known for it’s beauty, respect, admiration and obsession; The Woot Gods call them a Bag of Cowardliness.

Later that night, it appears that the Woot God Skemmis felt pity for JoshObra and offered him a [third] chance to receive the prize of crap. What wonderful Woot God is he?! He even reminded him to take his glorious crap with him shortly after. Of course joshobra would obey his Woot Gods.

And joshobra lived happily ever after with his Bag of Cowardliness!

….at least for now.

[to be continued...]

Where's the pod race and the computer-generated sidekick!? You can't make an episode one without those!

I do hope to see if the sequel contains a Big-Star-Destroyer-ful of Crap though.

mossygreen

Yeah, I got a shipping notification yesterday, but I bought a couple of other items (so confusing, this "cart"). The location is Federal Way, WA, so I'm guessing it's the Mobi speakers I felt compelled to order and not my bag, but I don't know for sure.

ApaOps5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ApaOps5
trekmiss wrote:Oh, I got Andre the Giant, too!

Another cool boc item I got was an IBM Thinkpad with no battery or cord and has a scrambled hd. I booted it once from a USB drive with Ubuntu and it worked just fine. Since then, it's been sitting in a drawer. Not sure what I'll do with it.

Yeah it is creepy, I remembered I had it tucked away in my crawlspace:

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster
ApaOps5 wrote:Yeah it is creepy, I remembered I had it tucked away in my crawlspace:

Anybody want a peanut?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

barkwoot

quality posts: 55 Private Messages barkwoot
olcubmaster wrote:Anybody want a peanut?

Do you really mean it?

Linad

joshobra wrote:
THE LORD OF THE CRAP

EPIC

joshobra

sosum wrote:Where's the pod race and the computer-generated sidekick!? You can't make an episode one without those!

I do hope to see if the sequel contains a Big-Star-Destroyer-ful of Crap though.

That's actually a pretty good idea! To be quite frank, I'm not a really good storyteller myself. I've actually read this comment a few hours ago and I gave it a really long thought...

I'll think of something up overnight. The problem I have right now is that I could barely read my story right because of all the URL codes I've coded into the story.

I wonder what the Woot Gods have to say about it...

Update: I UPDATED MY STORY!! I added/correct some content to make it seem more interesting. But I think it's still as dry as cardboard.