ksmith8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksmith8

I want to know what you think of Woot now!

Not officially endorsed, I don't collect information on you, blah blah. Answer me!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RH3ZZHN

Feel free to suggest other questions you feel are important, and share the link! Let's get the word out!

Results will be posted in this thread, at some point within the next 12 parsecs......

18 Monkeys, 8 Bandolier of Carrots
32 Woot!, 21 Kids!, 15 Sellout!, 10 Shirt!, 6 Home!, 1 Wine!
122 Total Woots!

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

This survey is just too darn picky
The answers are simply too sticky
They're rather sarcastic
and a little bit plastick
While being too darned politicky.

P.S. - Eh.

ksmith8

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ksmith8

So as of 8:47 AM EST, 4/25, here is what I have, I will leave the survey open either 1) til the end of the month (survey monkey not free ) or 2) 1000 responses (then I have to pay more).

https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=fWZCFUdbBOduMCf_2bmA2XdKoJsEhDZMa7JROKnOH6lFg_3d

Based on this unofficial, not-really scientific or marketing driven survey, it seems as if many w00ters are disappointed, and will no longer w00t. The $5 shipping was the "last feature" that kept them coming to the site. Alot of the comments were by nature have a negative sentiment.

These results will be shared in their entirety with W00t, once I get an email address I know will be an actual person that cares. (hint hint woot, send me an email address, I know you are watching me.)

Some stats I compiled:

Of those that know what the BoC was (653), 93 won't miss it.

Of those that like the new cart (166), 155 would buy more if there was either $5 shipping and/or Amazon Prime integration.

Of those that like the new cart (166), 85 think that their impulse buying is curtailed because of it.

Of those that know what the BoC was, and miss it (559), 464 think Woot has sold out their values. (393 of those 464 really really miss the BoC).

Plus fans are roughly split in half (statistically, not Rumplestiltskiny).

Of those that think Woot sold out (675), 334 are Plus fans.

There are many more stats that can be done, these are just a quick sampling.

Note: I refer to the BoC as past tense, because doing a Crossword that takes a large part of the day and constant attention to email formatting and makeing sure the Is are dotted and Ts crossed is NOT a BoC. Also, the volume is not the same. 76 clues * 2 winners each = 152 BoC. Far cry from the ~3000-5000 from days past.

Another Note: I am just a wootizen. I did this survey out of frustration with W00t. I understand business needs to happen, bottom lines need to be made, but the uniqueness that made Woot is gone, and now I just use Amazon, it's cheaper and has free shipping. I don't even buy the monkeys any more, and I have quite a few. Woot was fantastic during my last deployment to Iraq (sent over mp3 players, tshirts, and monkeys in 2009), and I hate to see it go by the wayside, but Woot, you are no longer my addiction. I shall leave you with a Haiku that was posted in the survey:

Haikus are easy. But sometimes they don't make sense. Refrigerator.

18 Monkeys, 8 Bandolier of Carrots
32 Woot!, 21 Kids!, 15 Sellout!, 10 Shirt!, 6 Home!, 1 Wine!
122 Total Woots!

thumperchick

quality posts: 244 Private Messages thumperchick
Moueska wrote:This survey is just too darn picky
The answers are simply too sticky
They're rather sarcastic
and a little bit plastick
While being too darned politicky.

P.S. - Eh.

*clap*

Agreed.