0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

This will be great on a flight when you turn your phone or tablet into airplane mode and suddenly there's a loud beeping from your carry-on. Fun times will be had by all.

kjwitts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjwitts

I don't get it? Whatthehelldoesthisthingdo?

anddreus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anddreus

can I put this on my dog's collar?

ggggator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ggggator

Jee-yah! I scored.

Limited to 1 but don't want effort to go to waste....
so good luck on getting a Blurb of Cambrian (17A) or Blog of Cannibals (36A).

Woot rocks

prttymf8

kjwitts wrote:I don't get it? Whatthehelldoesthisthingdo?

So you link your phone/tablet via bluetooth to this device and attach it to your car keys.

Then if you leave the house without your phone, or if someone steals your phone or if your toddler shoved your phone in some drawer, you can push the button to page the phone.

After 1 month, you get sick of it beeping randomly when you just want to walk around the house without your car keys or need to run to the car for a minute and don't need your phone. You then take it off your keys and remove the batteries and throw it in a drawer.

Five years later you clean out the drawer and find this device and ask your original question.

NortonsArk

quality posts: 12 Private Messages NortonsArk

This looks interesting - but no Android functionality. Maybe only Apple people misplace things.

beladog

quality posts: 3 Private Messages beladog
ggggator wrote:Jee-yah! I scored.

Limited to 1 but don't want effort to go to waste....
so good luck on getting a Blurb of Cambrian (17A) or Blog of Cannibals (36A).

Woot rocks

please splain yo self?

land

quality posts: 1 Private Messages land
kjwitts wrote:I don't get it? Whatthehelldoesthisthingdo?

Pair it with an iPad or iPhone, then if they become separated (such as if someone tries to gank your iDevice), the gadget and your iDevice start making a racket. Until the thief turns off the iDevice, one assumes.

dubdope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dubdope
prttymf8 wrote:So you link your phone/tablet via bluetooth to this device and attach it to your car keys.

Then if you leave the house without your phone, or if someone steals your phone or if your toddler shoved your phone in some drawer, you can push the button to page the phone.

After 1 month, you get sick of it beeping randomly when you just want to walk around the house without your car keys or need to run to the car for a minute and don't need your phone. You then take it off your keys and remove the batteries and throw it in a drawer.

Five years later you clean out the drawer and find this device and ask your original question.

i wonder if anyone will read this and still purchase it.

dbaker629

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbaker629
NortonsArk wrote:This looks interesting - but no Android functionality. Maybe only Apple people misplace things.

I noticed the app is also in the Android market. I'm now wondering if you need a separate tag to use it for android or if this one works..Anyone have any idea?

prttymf8

dbaker629 wrote:I noticed the app is also in the Android market. I'm now wondering if you need a separate tag to use it for android or if this one works..Anyone have any idea?

One review on the google play store.

"Drops connectivity. Doesn't even page my phone. I've tried many times to connect and reconnect to my Samsung S2 but it seems to drop anyway especially when my phone goes to sleep."

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy
dbaker629 wrote:I noticed the app is also in the Android market. I'm now wondering if you need a separate tag to use it for android or if this one works..Anyone have any idea?

from looking at the ifi site, seems that android requires a different fob. so No Android love here.

robin731

quality posts: 6 Private Messages robin731

According to this, it appears there's a different model for Android (Model T2.1).

dbaker629

prttymf8 wrote:One review on the google play store.

"Drops connectivity. Doesn't even page my phone. I've tried many times to connect and reconnect to my Samsung S2 but it seems to drop anyway especially when my phone goes to sleep."

Haha yeah I read that and decided to pass on this. Plus my HTC One X gets bad enough battery life without bluetooth on all day..

prttymf8

Apparently there's an android specific version.

http://ifisystems.com/shop-2/ifi-smart-tag-android-version/

dbaker629

fishphotoguy wrote:from looking at the ifi site, seems that android requires a different fob. so No Android love here.

Thanks man

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
anddreus wrote:can I put this on my dog's collar?

Sure but it will activate anytime your dog gets out of bluetooth range.