WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

HP TouchPad 32GB with SlipCase

Speed to First Woot:
9m 5.447s
First Sucker:
Uswebst
Last Wooter to Woot:
rickesbueno
Last Purchase:
a year ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 32% of Woot.com Woots
Top 44% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 10% of Woot.com Woots
Bottom 10% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 33% first woot
  • 0% second woot
  • 67% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 33% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 0% one year old
  • 67% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 100% bought 1

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
67%
33%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

coolchris160


quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160

At least it's new and not a refurb.

yeahbuddy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

It's from HP. It's a CrapPad.

scottman54


quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

The fact that it costs more than the liquidation sale last year just shows it will cost even more next year. Buy now for profit future!

thericochet


quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet
jamesclaflin wrote:Shhhh! Youre gunna scare everyone off and its gunna take longer for the next woot to come :P



I get what you mean, and normally I'd just roll my eyes and let suckers be suckers, but this is almost insulting. Makes me wonder if this is a cached page from 2011.

thericochet


quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet

Hey woot! Psssst!

http://www.webosnation.com/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

I hope they only have 1 of these to sell, otherwise this may very well shut the site down for years.

bratwitbabyblues


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratwitbabyblues

Is shipping not $5 for the whole 24 hrs any more? Bc of the woot off I'm wanting to buy multiple things at different time but it's trying to charge 5 dollars

prttymf8


quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
bratwitbabyblues wrote:Is shipping not $5 for the whole 24 hrs any more? Bc of the woot off I'm wanting to buy multiple things at different time but it's trying to charge 5 dollars



It's because of the new shopping cart, which is useless during a woot-off. Enjoy.

StarKnightGoku


quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I love my TouchPad. I have it dual-booting with Android via CyanogenMod9 and it's the best thing ever.

Also the 16GB was liquidated at $99, the 32GB was $149 (mine's a 32) so this isn't really that much more.

rebelman68


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rebelman68
bratwitbabyblues wrote:Is shipping not $5 for the whole 24 hrs any more? Bc of the woot off I'm wanting to buy multiple things at different time but it's trying to charge 5 dollars



That's correct, they are no longer offering $5.00 all day shipping. :c/

ibexscribe


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

I have an hp touchpad and I have to say that it works nicely. It is hard to find apps for it, but it's a bummer they discontinued making these. After using a touchpad for a while, I think the way you close and switch between open cards is way better than the iPad functions. I use mine now for the occasional web browsing, sometimes angry birds (which you can't get updates to anymore), and used the Kindle app til I got a Kindle because the touchpad was a bit heavy for reading in bed. I should load the Android OS on it, which can be done, and would make it more useful.

sundevil03


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundevil03
bratwitbabyblues wrote:Is shipping not $5 for the whole 24 hrs any more? Bc of the woot off I'm wanting to buy multiple things at different time but it's trying to charge 5 dollars



Correct. You now have to pay $5 everytime you check your cart out. Meaning Woot-Offs just became a lot more pricy since you can't add multiple items from a Woot-Off to a cart.

Woot seems to think they have become Amazon.com.

Oh crap... wait...

sundevil03


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sundevil03
StarKnightGoku wrote:I love my TouchPad. I have it dual-booting with Android via CyanogenMod9 and it's the best thing ever.

Also the 16GB was liquidated at $99, the 32GB was $149 (mine's a 32) so this isn't really that much more.



$149 compared to Woot's $229.99 isn't that much more?

I wish I had your salary. I would call an $80 price difference much more. :D

yeahbuddy


quality posts: 3 Private Messages yeahbuddy

At the rate there are selling, it'll be up until 2011 next year !

beladog


quality posts: 3 Private Messages beladog

yet another night the new cart and a L A M E insulting price will force bed time. Woot is really bumming me out this week.

mybestuser1


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1
jamesclaflin wrote:Shhhh! Youre gunna scare everyone off and its gunna take longer for the next woot to come :P



Why are you waiting for anything since the deals are too expensive unless you combine shipping and even then I hesitate since Amazon has better return rules.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

thericochet


quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet
deibs wrote:Nah. You're right about HP abandoning us, but otherwise you're full of crap.

It's a great tablet and it wasn't available at half the price...it was $150 for the 32GB and it was a fire sale. The MSRP on this failed tablet was much higher at the time that Leo killed the webOS product line (phones too).

There is better hardware out there if you care about a cam on the back. webOS runs very fast on this ARM7 chip as does Android 4.1. Most of us who own these run both webOS and Android as necessary. We have a fairly large community of guys still doing hacks for this tablet. Go to webosnation and you'll see.

All of the hardware works on Android as well including the cam.

webOS is still a very hot OS compared to anything else that's out there. LG recently bought the rights for further development of the open OS.

Yea, I own a Pre 3 too...so I'm biased as hell. There are a lot of people in the Silicon Valley who love this tablet. The legacy of how HP screwed up the Palm acquisition is a sad story. But I'd say give the hardware a try.

BTW, I doubt if HP will give you the 1 year warranty. These tablets were bought by Woot from Costco, and the support for them is web only.

Then again, the hardware is pretty resilient. It's hard to break these puppies - Gorilla glass and all.



You're a fool if you think this is anything but a garbage deal. 2011 technology for something that was liquidated for $80 less for a completely dead on arrival OS because the parent company gave up completely?

Keep talking yourself into what you already own, but asking someone to fall for this in 2013 is ridiculous and embarrassing.

Edit:

I forgot to add

webOS is still a very hot OS compared to anything else that's out there.



HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

sdc100


quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
sundevil03 wrote:Correct. You now have to pay $5 everytime you check your cart out. Meaning Woot-Offs just became a lot more pricy since you can't add multiple items from a Woot-Off to a cart.

Woot seems to think they have become Amazon.com.

Oh crap... wait...



Amazon often has FREE s/h when spending > $25...

deibs


quality posts: 2 Private Messages deibs
thericochet wrote:You're a fool if you think this is anything but a garbage deal. 2011 technology for something that was liquidated for $80 less for a completely dead on arrival OS because the parent company gave up completely?

Keep talking yourself into what you already own, but asking someone to fall for this in 2013 is ridiculous and embarrassing.





I'm not talking myself into anything. It's obvious that you don't like the product, but you're in the minority. These tablets still command a high price on the open market. We also have a home brew community that still offers up great apps, patches, and OS ports like Android CM7, CM9 and 10 (Jellybean).

You can continue your ignorant, uninformed diatribe. The webosnation folks will continue to enjoy our tablets. You might want to try webOS and Android on this hardware before you pass judgement. But I can't imagine that you would do so.

willjammer

thericochet


quality posts: 24 Private Messages thericochet
deibs wrote:I'm not talking myself into anything. It's obvious that you don't like the product, but you're in the minority. These tablets still command a high price on the open market and that's why we have the latest Android OS running on them.

You can continue your ignorant diatribe. Like I said, I guess all of us are ruby slipperss in the Silicon Valley, right?

Duh.



If I was in the minority then webOS wouldn't have been abandoned after literally 6 weeks. Again, $80 more for outdated hardware and a dead OS. Duh. Goodbye.

sdc100


quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
deibs wrote:I'm not talking myself into anything. It's obvious that you don't like the product, but you're in the minority. These tablets still command a high price on the open market and that's why we have the latest Android OS running on them.

You can continue your ignorant diatribe. Like I said, I guess all of us are ruby slipperss in the Silicon Valley, right?

Duh.



You can get a name brand quad core tablet for about the same price or less, i.e. the Nexus or Asus. I bought a 10.1" quad core Asus with 32gb, 8 mg rear cam, 3 meg front cam, and all the regular stuff for $249.

deibs


quality posts: 2 Private Messages deibs
sdc100 wrote:You can get a name brand quad core tablet for about the same price or less, i.e. the Nexus or Asus. I bought a 10.1" quad core Asus with 32gb, 8 mg rear cam, 3 meg front cam, and all the regular stuff for $249.




Look...you can get cheaper hardware for sure. This isn't the greatest price out there. But you can run two great operating systems on this platform, since there is a community of folks to support it for the time being.

Nothing lasts forever. If you want a purely Android solution, then you're better off with newer hardware.

My experience has been that this hardware is plenty fast when running webOS or Android. The only thing missing is a back cam.

I also own a 4G version of this tablet. There are also 64GB versions floating around as well.

willjammer

sdc100


quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
deibs wrote:Look...you can get cheaper hardware for sure. This isn't the greatest price out there. But you can run two great operating systems on this platform, since there is a community of folks to support it for the time being.

Nothing lasts forever. If you want a purely Android solution, then you're better off with newer hardware.

My experience has been that this hardware is plenty fast when running webOS or Android. The only thing missing is a back cam.

I also own a 4G version of this tablet. There are also 64GB versions floating around as well.



Yeah, but most of us have absolutely no need or desire to run both OSs. So why not go for the better hardware instead? Similarly, most Windows users never want to install Mac OS or Linux. It's the Mac and Linux users who need to install Windows, if only because of the sheer amount of apps available for Windows.

bratwitbabyblues


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratwitbabyblues

I

deibs


quality posts: 2 Private Messages deibs
sdc100 wrote:Yeah, but most of us have absolutely no need or desire to run both OSs. So why not go for the better hardware instead? Similarly, most Windows users never want to install Mac OS or Linux. It's the Mac and Linux users who need to install Windows, if only because of the sheer amount of apps available for Windows.



Your points are on the mark, but there is a large community of users who run both OSs on this tab. We love the multitasking capability of webOS and also have plenty of apps available because of the Android port. We also have the latest Android releases on the tab because of the dedicated developer community.

We're not missing anything with this hardware. We have the best of two worlds.

I think if you tried webOS, you'd understand why there are the diehards out there that love it. Unified messaging and emails, true multitasking and excellent notifications.

Even the native Skype app is more stable than most out there.

If you want to use this tab for business, it's great, because it was designed for the business user. The email client is fantastic.

willjammer