steiger21


quality posts: 0 Private Messages steiger21

Icemonkey.com has this for the same price and free shipping

cage017


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cage017
aderyn wrote:I recently got a Fire HD refurb and Square Trade put a warranty on it without hesitation, so I'd suspect you could.



Specs page says a one year Square Trade warranty is $15.99.

goldnectar


quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldnectar
sflesch wrote:Thanks for that. I didn't know they had no SDCard. So I thought, ok, maybe for the kids? Then I saw no Google Play, so, thanks for the fun. I'll pass.



Word...plus, no rush as it is on ice monkey for the day. Expandable memory is sort of a deal killer...plus only 8 gigs? Anything without expandable memory should have at least 32 gigs imho.

mblumenf


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mblumenf

The Special Offers aren't a deal-killer, imho. The one on the lock screen doesn't bug me, and you can get rid of the "recommendations" on the other screen by changing a setting. The Kindle Fire HD is tricky to root, the first-gen Fire is really easy. I don't own this specific model so don't know how locked down it is. Side-loading is really easy if you use sites like 1Mobile and its ilk. $99 is a good price, though, if you don't care about cameras.

goldnectar


quality posts: 1 Private Messages goldnectar

I am starting to get the feeling that these woot-offs! are trying to simply pressure us into what would be a normal woot! deal. They don't seem much more discounted than normal...especially when comparing to old sales...additionally more expensive due to the shipping price change.

zx3ownwer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zx3ownwer

Deals gone, i went to look at Ice Monkey which made me miss this.

Ice Monkey Says Recertified What does that mean?

And is Ice Monkey's the 2nd Generation? They don't show specs.

tekwarren


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tekwarren

In for 1 for my wife but still seems murky as to what gen/model it is.

cwilldesign


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cwilldesign
tekwarren wrote:In for 1 for my wife but still seems murky as to what gen/model it is.



If it is a Gen 1, which I am assuming it is, then there won't be "special offers" on it as that was not an option for the first Gen Kindle Fire.

cwilldesign


quality posts: 1 Private Messages cwilldesign
cwilldesign wrote:If it is a Gen 1, which I am assuming it is, then there won't be "special offers" on it as that was not an option for the first Gen Kindle Fire.



Also - another giveaway that this is 1st gen is that they are using the stock photo of the 1st gen kindle fire (Mad Men) vs the stock photo of the 2nd gen (Despicable Me). This applies to both the Woot deal and the Monkey deal.

jwsmed


quality posts: 4 Private Messages jwsmed
cwilldesign wrote:Also - another giveaway that this is 1st gen is that they are using the stock photo of the 1st gen kindle fire (Mad Men) vs the stock photo of the 2nd gen (Despicable Me). This applies to both the Woot deal and the Monkey deal.



Could just be lazy marketing. We've seen wrong specs, pics, etc. posted on woot before (especially during wootoffs) and other sites. Woot is usually good about correcting them when found in time.

zx3ownwer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zx3ownwer
cwilldesign wrote:Also - another giveaway that this is 1st gen is that they are using the stock photo of the 1st gen kindle fire (Mad Men) vs the stock photo of the 2nd gen (Despicable Me). This applies to both the Woot deal and the Monkey deal.



Yes but others said the Specs listed on Woot indicates it is a Gen 2 Kindle. But the Ice Monkey doesn't list specs so who knows. and who knows what recertified means

aggiejd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages aggiejd
zx3ownwer wrote:Yes but others said the Specs listed on Woot indicates it is a Gen 2 Kindle. But the Ice Monkey doesn't list specs so who knows. and who knows what recertified means



Recertified usually means factory refurbished. But with the internet, who knows what shady marketing technique they are using.

I really wish I knew if the icemonkey kindle was 1st or 2nd gen. I Emailed them through "contact us" but am honestly not expecting a response.

zx3ownwer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zx3ownwer
aggiejd wrote:Recertified usually means factory refurbished. But with the internet, who knows what shady marketing technique they are using.

I really wish I knew if the icemonkey kindle was 1st or 2nd gen. I Emailed them through "contact us" but am honestly not expecting a response.



Let me know if they respond

zx3ownwer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zx3ownwer
steiger21 wrote:Icemonkey.com has this for the same price and free shipping



Nope they don't, Ice Monkey responded back and said it was a Generation 1 and the specs on this Woot item indicates its a Generation 2.

Ice Monkey said they will add Specs, since its a bit confusing. Bottom line the Ice Monkey deal is not that good.

wildusa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildusa

Anyone received theirs yet (or show the status as being shipped)?

boydrew


quality posts: 0 Private Messages boydrew
wildusa wrote:Anyone received theirs yet (or show the status as being shipped)?



Nope, still waiting. Sometimes they take forever to ship items after a woot-off. Be patient, and hopefully they will start shipping soon.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wildusa wrote:Anyone received theirs yet (or show the status as being shipped)?



This is drop shipped so we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for order processing and shipping out. We have to wait for the vendor to send us the tracking file for uploading. It's possible we got it over the weekend and just haven't gotten to that email yet.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

beenyweeny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages beenyweeny
wildusa wrote:Anyone received theirs yet (or show the status as being shipped)?



Mine said it was delivered in the same box as a basketball. Got the basketball. No kindle. Emailed woot but have heard nothing back from them yet. Should I be worried yet?

jeffreyjscott


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffreyjscott
ThunderThighs wrote:This is drop shipped so we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for order processing and shipping out. We have to wait for the vendor to send us the tracking file for uploading. It's possible we got it over the weekend and just haven't gotten to that email yet.


Sending customers a message stating that or posting that under the status would be helpful.

sirlantzz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirlantzz
wildusa wrote:Anyone received theirs yet (or show the status as being shipped)?



Nope, mine still shows "Awaiting Shipping". Only notification I received is from my form of payment that they've taken their 'loot', so to say Got this for the wife so she doesn't ask to borrow my Acer W700 ~.O

tekwarren


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tekwarren

"Awaiting Shipping" I'm in MI

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tekwarren wrote:"Awaiting Shipping" I'm in MI



We had a glitch on the upload of the tracking information. Turns out FedEx doesn't like exponential numbers.

Anyway, it's been reloaded now. You should see it in your purchase history and get an email in an hour or two.




Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wildusa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildusa
ThunderThighs wrote:We had a glitch on the upload of the tracking information. Turns out FedEx doesn't like exponential numbers.

Anyway, it's been reloaded now. You should see it in your purchase history and get an email in an hour or two.



Still in "Awaiting Shipping" status in my purchase history.

MTLuka83


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MTLuka83
ThunderThighs wrote:We had a glitch on the upload of the tracking information. Turns out FedEx doesn't like exponential numbers.

Anyway, it's been reloaded now. You should see it in your purchase history and get an email in an hour or two.



So if there was a glitch on FedEx's part, does that mean it has actually already shipped?

I also still have a status of "Awaiting Shipment."

wildfire52


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildfire52

I be a waitin' too.
Killin' time @ work.


Woooot!

wildfire52


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildfire52

Wooo Whoo shipped


Woooot!

wildusa


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildusa
wildfire52 wrote:Wooo Whoo shipped



"On FedEx vehicle for delivery"

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MTLuka83 wrote:So if there was a glitch on FedEx's part, does that mean it has actually already shipped?

I also still have a status of "Awaiting Shipment."



You should have updated info by now.

You can also use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wmoyer650


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmoyer650

So I am really confused. I got my Fire today in the mail. Yes it has 1GB RAM but its running the OS from the 1st gen plus its just darned heavy. I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out if this is a first or 2nd gen Fire.

ThunderThighs wrote:You should have updated info by now.

You can also use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.



ROGETRAY


quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

wmoyer650 wrote:So I am really confused. I got my Fire today in the mail. Yes it has 1GB RAM but its running the OS from the 1st gen plus its just darned heavy. I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out if this is a first or 2nd gen Fire.



We recommend that you check out the specifications of the sale.

If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com

wmoyer650


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmoyer650

The specification of the sale state 1GB RAM and a 1.2GHZ processor. I just contacted Amazon after registering the fire and I have a kindle first gen in my hands. Which explains why it so much heavier then my newer Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.

I'm a long time customer of Woot and mistakes happen. So I have sent an email to support about getting this addressed.

ROGETRAY wrote:We recommend that you check out the specifications of the sale.

If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com



vaguelyamused


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaguelyamused

I just got mine and they are definitely the 1st Generation. I've filed a complaint with Woot since what they advertised in the specs wasn't what I received. I bought this specifically for the Freetime for my kid. I even cross-checked the specs on the sale against Amazon's web site to make sure I was getting a 2nd Generation. I'm not a happy camper, this is flat-out false advertising on Woot's part.


wmoyer650 wrote:The specification of the sale state 1GB RAM and a 1.2GHZ processor. I just contacted Amazon after registering the fire and I have a kindle first gen in my hands. Which explains why it so much heavier then my newer Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.

I'm a long time customer of Woot and mistakes happen. So I have sent an email to support about getting this addressed.



wmoyer650


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmoyer650

Woot's been pretty consistent over the years. Mistakes happen so now they just have to correct it. It wouldn't make sense for an Amazon owned company to do this on purpose. It was only a mistake.

vaguelyamused wrote:I just got mine and they are definitely the 1st Generation. I've filed a complaint with Woot since what they advertised in the specs wasn't what I received. I bought this specifically for the Freetime for my kid. I even cross-checked the specs on the sale against Amazon's web site to make sure I was getting a 2nd Generation. I'm not a happy camper, this is flat-out false advertising on Woot's part.



bricoleur9


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bricoleur9

Doesn't seem to be an isolated incident; mine is a 1st Gen. as well.

Contacting Woot to see what their plan is going to be.

seandje


quality posts: 0 Private Messages seandje

Same here. Gen 1 and I bought mine because of FreeTime also. I've contatced Woot as well. Waiting for a response.

ophmarketing


quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing

Ditto. Bought it specifically for FreeTime so I could give my kids a tablet.

And regarding checking the "specifications of the sale," those specifications go on at length--three entire paragraphs--about Free Time, which is not available on this 1st generation device.

Not cool, Woot. Support has been contacted.

cleger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cleger

This is very sad...was going to give to the kid for the FreeTime. Ack!

draymer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages draymer

I'm really disappointed in mine as well... 1st generation and it won't charge! =/

johnh123


quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnh123
draymer wrote:I'm really disappointed in mine as well... 1st generation and it won't charge! =/



Mine is 1st gen too...it seemed like it wouldn't charge, but when I unplugged it and rebooted, it then showed that it was fully charged. Give that a try.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

johnh123 wrote:Mine is 1st gen too...it seemed like it wouldn't charge, but when I unplugged it and rebooted, it then showed that it was fully charged. Give that a try.



Do try that; I've had that issue with my own Kindle and rebooting helped.

If that doesn't work, contact Kindle Support to see if they need to replace something. Feel free to email Support@Woot.com if you need assistance along the way.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.