0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

On amazon the 7" is 10 dollars more but free shipping so really only 5 dollars more dang! I wanted to get this but not a deal really at all

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21

Wooters - just a friendly reminder about the new cart feature & shipping rates policy. More details in my signature.

Oilstain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oilstain
jamesclaflin wrote:On amazon the 7" is 10 dollars more but free shipping so really only 5 dollars more dang! I wanted to get this but not a deal really at all

The 10" is $329 though, so that seems like a pretty good deal. I still want the Surface though.

wayneqsr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wayneqsr

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan
jamesclaflin wrote:On amazon the 7" is 10 dollars more but free shipping so really only 5 dollars more dang! I wanted to get this but not a deal really at all

put it in your cart anyway... then just let it expire and giggle as woot! starts to wonder why you waited soo long to purchase that irresistible bargain that is sitting in that cart. Trying to ship all you can for $5? Naaah, that couldn't be the reason... why would someone take the risk of losing out on such a bargain... Oh, wait. Woot! stopped offering bargain priced items about two years ago.

dhess

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dhess

The price isn't anything amazing, but the device itself is nice. It's very similar to the Tab 1 (big shocker there.)

The 8GB card is maybe worth $8-10, but you're going to want a larger one, so you're not going to use it with the tablet. (I use these for Windows Recovery images - just pop them into a USB reader and you're good to go.)

If you have to get a tablet, and you don't want to spend a few hundred more on an iPad, this is the way to go.

riparianprince

quality posts: 2 Private Messages riparianprince
jamesclaflin wrote: dang! I wanted to get this but not a deal really at all

Hmm, you must be thinking of the old Woot.

There is never a bad time to not want to need something. Except now.

jetro666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jetro666

Bought the 7-inch in a previous Woot-off -- love it. Perfect size and weight for a tablet. Only quibble is that the processor seems a bit slow.

sfin22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfin22

Got one to replace my 1st gen iPad that was giving out on me. Overall I really like it. Sound coming out of those speakers is even better than I got from my iPad. Easier to hold in my hand, and it's cheaper than an iPad mini. If you're at all comfortable with Android, you're gonna like it. I don't use my tablet for anything hard-core, so it works great. I really like the expandable memory,too. That makes up for the small internal memory.

dhess

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dhess
Oilstain wrote:The 10" is $329 though, so that seems like a pretty good deal. I still want the Surface though.

The surface pro is still far from acceptable by tablet standards. Most of it works as you'd expect.

I started using tablet PCs around 2005/2006 (Wacom penabled tablets, not the iPad crap you have these days.)

Most tablet PCs/slates these days are just capacitive with a Yellow Brick Road pen included.

Get a capacitive tablet to use with your finger, and a tablet pc with a pen for anything where you'll need precision or writing.

CellarDweller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CellarDweller

how sad, woot price matching Costco...

meldobbs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meldobbs

Cheaper on Groupon (minus accessories):

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-samsung-galaxy-tab-2?c=all&p=8

nozebleed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nozebleed

oh cool, a woot off.....havent been around in a while, whats up with the new website layout????? way too "noisy" took me 10 mins to find the "discuss deal"??

not sure if like....

CAisBurning

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CAisBurning
tjhoulihan wrote:put it in your cart anyway... then just let it expire and giggle as woot! starts to wonder why you waited soo long to purchase that irresistible bargain that is sitting in that cart. Trying to ship all you can for $5? Naaah, that couldn't be the reason... why would someone take the risk of losing out on such a bargain... Oh, wait. Woot! stopped offering bargain priced items about two years ago.

+1

jollie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jollie

groupon are refurb these are new

meldobbs wrote:Cheaper on Groupon (minus accessories):

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-samsung-galaxy-tab-2?c=all&p=8

kaush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaush

Did woot just change their shipping policy? I just got taken for multiple shipping for 2 orders i placed within minutes

idz21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idz21
kaush wrote:Did woot just change their shipping policy? I just got taken for multiple shipping for 2 orders i placed within minutes

They sure did

kaush

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kaush
idz21 wrote:They sure did

I suppose this is the final nail in my Woot addiction coffin then. Folks, I just placed my final woot order.

Well, not simply because they made this change but because they didn't make it very evident. You sneaky Amazon you ;).

You can say that it was my fault. I should have checked before i placed my orders. Lesson learned!

Adios amigos...

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
jetro666 wrote:Bought the 7-inch in a previous Woot-off -- love it. Perfect size and weight for a tablet. Only quibble is that the processor seems a bit slow.

Weight? Obviously you've never compared to an iPad Mini. This costs half as much, though.

It is a bit slow compared to other current tabs. But it will give much delight to someone.