WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Beverage Dispensers: Drink up

I remember being a kid, drinkin' bevys by the levy, saying', "Kevy, I hope these days never end." Well, now Kevy and I are all grown up, but nothing's changed. We're still driving our Chevys, drinkin' our bevys that we pour from bevy dispensers like these all. Life, man! #liveit

myilmaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myilmaz

Plastic or metal spigot?

mqstout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mqstout

Notice all of these have plastic spigots. Plastic spigots are awful. And they get damaged by alcohol if you use them with that. And are just generally not very durable. The 'chrome plated' plastic is even worse, because you'll very quickly have metallic flakes coming off it into your drinks.

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger
mqstout wrote:Notice all of these have plastic spigots. Plastic spigots are awful. And they get damaged by alcohol if you use them with that. And are just generally not very durable. The 'chrome plated' plastic is even worse, because you'll very quickly have metallic flakes coming off it into your drinks.

Metal is not so good for fermented beverages and drinks with higher acidity, either. Also, it is my understanding that you can find replacement spigots out there, too ...

T

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

Maybe I don't quite get it, but why wouldn't they put the spigots at the actual bottom of the container instead of a few inches up? If my friends have to tilt one of these big ol' crystal things over to get the last drink out of it, I will soon have a large pile of glass shards on my floor.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pbandito wrote:Maybe I don't quite get it, but why wouldn't they put the spigots at the actual bottom of the container instead of a few inches up? If my friends have to tilt one of these big ol' crystal things over to get the last drink out of it, I will soon have a large pile of glass shards on my floor.

I've always figured it had to do with the glass being thicker near the base of the glass (the fold). Probably makes it a prime candidate for breakage while drilling the hole and for accidentally bumping it when you are setting it down on the table.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vvandm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vvandm

Hey I completely accidentally bought one of these five minutes because I wasn't used to the new shopping cart thingy. Can anyone point me in the right direction in getting it fixed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

vvandm wrote:Hey I completely accidentally bought one of these five minutes because I wasn't used to the new shopping cart thingy. Can anyone point me in the right direction in getting it fixed.

Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders