WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

30 SubAquas from Invicta

How many times have you found yourself submerged in a body of water and realized that you're late for an important meeting? If only you had a reliable timepiece that could withstand aquatic submersion, you wouldn't show up late and waterlogged all the time. You'd just be waterlogged. 
Invicta official site

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

see, woot's still great. some of these watches are 90% off or more.

I always did like yardsales.

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57

Ignoring the inflated MSRP's — yes, we all know MSRPs quoted by watch manufacturers are ridiculous (kinda like that "$1,222-to-$199 Redfield scope for sale today in Woot's Sport page) so get over it — these are actually pretty decent prices for Invicta Sub Aqua Noma and Reserve-style watches, particulary the "Reserve" models with a bracelet or leather band instead of the rubber strap. If you like big watches — the Reserve is 50mm, and there are 25.2mm to an inch — these are ok for this price. A few have a "retrograde" feature — a hand marks the days of the week, then jumps back to start over — while others have a third "GMT" hand (second time zone).
Also, that Ronda 5040 D movement in the chronographs isn't bad, either.
Invicta is still basically a "TV brand" — their biggest cheerleader is shopnbc.com — but they have made inroads into places like Costco and JCPenney.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Can we please not go off track on the List Prices? They are given to us directly from the vendor during our ordering process. They are required to give us the MSRP and that's what we use.

More info with an example

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fasteyes

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fasteyes

Does the 1894 model come with the yellow plastic divers box and 5 extra straps like I see on some other sites?

tmotom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmotom

If Invicta is gonna make a $2000 watch, it should probably be automatic. Only some kind of Tin Man would buy a watch with Quartz movement over $1000. Unless it was vintage, of course, but these are nowhere near Vintage.

flashburn02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flashburn02

I've bought several Invicta watches from woot now and all of them keep horrible time. I've bought two sub 100 dollar watches that were straight junk. The one over-100 dollar watch has been a good time piece, but the band on it is crap.

None of this would be a problem if I could return them, but that isn't an option.

Buyer be warned. These are good watches to look rich or dress up with, but not good watches to actually be a watch.

Mowar!

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd

MSRP aside, these are pretty good deals for the most part. A lot of these are $100 less than the usual going rate. If I spent that kind of money on watches I'd be all over these. I'm more of a $50 watch guy though.

spiek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spiek

$499 at World of Watches. $299 on eBay. If you want one, now's the time...

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd
tmotom wrote:If Invicta is gonna make a $2000 watch, it should probably be automatic. Only some kind of Tin Man would buy a watch with Quartz movement over $1000. Unless it was vintage, of course, but these are nowhere near Vintage.

Not sure if troll... but I hate automatic watches. Wouldn't spend $10 on one, wouldn't spend $10k on one.
I would not wear one in a box,
I would not wear it with a fox.
I do not like them in a house,
I do not like them with a mouse.
I will not wear them here or there.
I will not wear them anywhere.
I do not like them tmotom!

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
need4mospd wrote:Not sure if troll... but I hate automatic watches. Wouldn't spend $10 on one, wouldn't spend $10k on one.

That's ok...it's all a matter of personal preference...just as a rusted-out 30-year-old Ford in running condition will get you to the same place as a new Mercedes...

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

fasteyes wrote:Does the 1894 model come with the yellow plastic divers box and 5 extra straps like I see on some other sites?

The 1894 does comes with 3 extra straps (red, black, and yellow), but not with the impact case.

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

Only the movements are Swiss. The watches are assembled in China.

zooshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zooshooter
need4mospd wrote:Not sure if troll... but I hate automatic watches. Wouldn't spend $10 on one, wouldn't spend $10k on one.

Just curious, but why don't you like automatic watches?

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

joecooool wrote:Only the movements are Swiss. The watches are assembled in China.

Actually more than half of these are assembled in Switzerland. See Features tab.

traewatkins

quality posts: 3 Private Messages traewatkins
ThunderThighs wrote:Can we please not go off track on the List Prices? They are given to us directly from the vendor during our ordering process. They are required to give us the MSRP and that's what we use.

More info with an example

Well then don't pump the false 90% off like it is a killer deal.

We are gonna blast fake discounts regardless. If you don't want us to get off track then either don't post the fake MSRP or better yet don't let the manufacturers force you into playing their game.

Ona different note ... these seem really nice but I want a true water proof watch. And yes I know but I'm tired of ruining watches while watching dishes, fishing, or just about anything else.

edited for grammar troll

mcginty4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcginty4

irregardless is not a word.

william nolan

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
traewatkins wrote:Ona different note ... these seem really nice but I want a true water proof watch. And yes I know but I'm tired of ruining watches while watching dishes, fishing, or just about anything else.

Also wondering if these are true waterproof, or just costume jewelries that looks touch. I've had 30m water resist watches that got completely flooded as soon as I enter the water.

I want to use it while doing scuba and don't want the o-rings giving away on the chrono buttons.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
lwang wrote:
I want to use it while doing scuba and don't want the o-rings giving away on the chrono buttons.

C'mon... Be serious.

WhoKnowsWho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhoKnowsWho
lwang wrote:Also wondering if these are true waterproof, or just costume jewelries that looks touch. I've had 30m water resist watches that got completely flooded as soon as I enter the water.

The few I have had have been water proof enough to go in the pool and such. If the watch isn't at least water resistant to 200M, I don't go in the pool with it. But I don't push any buttons regardless of the water resistant level.
See below for guidelines on water resistance:

Water Resistant: Will resist moisture from accidental splashing, rain, sweat, etc.
Water Resistant 30M: Will resist moisture and can be submerged, no swimming
Water Resistant 50M: Will resist moisture and can also be worn while swimming in shallow water.
Water Resistant 100M: Watch may be worn during snorkeling, skin-diving, and swimming.
Water Resistant 200M: (plus): Watch may be worn during standard scuba diving.
Water Resistant 1000M: Watch may be worn for deep sea diving.

korhalx

quality posts: 2 Private Messages korhalx

I find it hard to believe the MSRP of the Invicta 12045 is $1600. Its a polyurethane strap which in my experiences get dirty and grimey real easily. Maybe Invicta should bring back calculator watches.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

I like the design and the colours. I don't like the size of the dial or the price. Too bad for me.

Also had a slightly bad experience with their "flame fusion" lenses. But not bad enough to apply it to all invicta watches... just yet.

comma

quality posts: 12 Private Messages comma

I'd rather buy 50 of those magic bracelets.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
korhalx wrote:Its a polyurethane strap which in my experiences get dirty and grimey real easily.

But much easier to clean than leather or metal link styles.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
spiek wrote:$499 at World of Watches. $299 on eBay. If you want one, now's the time...

I found the orange one for cheaper ($139 w/ free shipping) than Woot is selling on eBay.

*EDIT: Actually, some of the other Subaquas are selling on that eBay vendor for cheaper than Woot. $150 for the others, free shipping.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang
WhoKnowsWho wrote:The few I have had have been water proof enough to go in the pool and such. If the watch isn't at least water resistant to 200M, I don't go in the pool with it. But I don't push any buttons regardless of the water resistant level.
See below for guidelines on water resistance:

Water Resistant: Will resist moisture from accidental splashing, rain, sweat, etc.
Water Resistant 30M: Will resist moisture and can be submerged, no swimming
Water Resistant 50M: Will resist moisture and can also be worn while swimming in shallow water.
Water Resistant 100M: Watch may be worn during snorkeling, skin-diving, and swimming.
Water Resistant 200M: (plus): Watch may be worn during standard scuba diving.
Water Resistant 1000M: Watch may be worn for deep sea diving.

The ones I wear are all 200m, and don't have any buttons. I know some real dive watches have magnetic buttons so water would not leak into it if it was pressed, either accidentally or intentionally.

The buttons on the Noma III seems to be sticking out quite a bit, all waiting to be accidentally pressed by lanyard straps that one always has on one's wrist, either for carrying a camera, torch or pressing up against other things being worn on the wrist.

shoeytennis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shoeytennis

These might be cool if they didn't have a stupid dragon on them. Are we 12?

rbi411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbi411

I'm a small guy with proportionally small wrists (6 inches). Just wondering if; 1. It'd be easy enough to remove links on the stainless steel bracelet to get it down to 6 inches. 2. If I'd look like Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens with this thing on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Parodius

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Parodius
rbi411 wrote:I'm a small guy with proportionally small wrists (6 inches). Just wondering if; 1. It'd be easy enough to remove links on the stainless steel bracelet to get it down to 6 inches. 2. If I'd look like Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens with this thing on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can remove the links on the steel bracelets to adjust for a smaller wrist, just goto a local watch shop should be like 10-20 bucks to do.

Anything over 43mm, will look ridiculous on your wrist. Most of these watches are of the larger variety.

VeeSPIKE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages VeeSPIKE

Not only are they wide, but they are deep as well. 18 mm is almost 3/4". That will sit like a tower on a small wrist. i like the look of a couple of them, but they are just too large for me.

Parodius wrote:You can remove the links on the steel bracelets to adjust for a smaller wrist, just goto a local watch shop should be like 10-20 bucks to do.

Anything over 43mm, will look ridiculous on your wrist. Most of these watches are of the larger variety.

rbi411

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rbi411
Parodius wrote:You can remove the links on the steel bracelets to adjust for a smaller wrist, just goto a local watch shop should be like 10-20 bucks to do.

Foiled by my tiny wrists. Thanks for the assistance.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

I usually don't mind the style of invincta watches and I even own one, but for whatever reason I find most of these really ugly. And yes, as other have noted, they usually run quite large.

StanleyS

You can buy the tool to do this on eBay for about $3.

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino
ThunderThighs wrote:Can we please not go off track on the List Prices?

Have to agree with the other wooters here, you guys invite some ribbing by bringing the MSRP into play yourselves.

Invicta sometimes gets a bad rap but it's a good value. You don't get that much of a jump in quality until you start spending quite a bit more.

The only problem is that these guys are ginormousylarge.

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975
mcginty4 wrote:irregardless is not a word.

If you're going to correct somebody about spelling pick up a dictionary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

I always did like yardsales.

StanleyS

luke975 wrote:If you're going to correct somebody about spelling pick up a dictionary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

"Most dictionaries list it as 'nonstandard' or 'incorrect'"
I think he meant that educated people don't use it.
Now, let's talk about "alright".

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

StanleyS wrote:"Most dictionaries list it as 'nonstandard' or 'incorrect'"
I think he meant that educated people don't use it.
Now, let's talk about "alright".

It's cool that you guys are psyched about correcting each other, but could we limit the discussion to the products being sold?
Alright? (oh geeze...I used "alright")

kchristley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kchristley

I got the metal band on my Noma III re-sized at my local jewelers for $6. Removed 3 links and it fits perfect. Tipped him another $4 because it was so cheap.

The watch is very heavy and thick but not impossibly so. But it was a great Woot! buy and looks great - everyone at work wanted to check it out.

theseaninthehat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theseaninthehat

The noma III is ridiculously enormous and heavy as hell, I don't see how anyone under 250lbs could wear this clown watch. Also, Woot should not list MSRPs that are supplied by Invicta, they are inflated bs.