Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

I didnt realize that there is a market for 4 toed individuals :O

smudge262626

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smudge262626

Finally! I knew that four-toed statue on Lost would pay off one day.

sinnyc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sinnyc

*Amputation of 5th toe not included.

Chandin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chandin

Was really excited until I realized my deformed foot has an extra toe. Damn my mutant genes!

kf6tac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kf6tac
jamesclaflin wrote:I didnt realize that there is a market for 4 toed individuals :O

Haha. I think it's because a lot of people don't have (or rather, haven't practiced) the ability to flex/wiggle the pinky toe independently of the other four toes, which makes getting the pinky toe into a dedicated toe on the shoe somewhat difficult. I own a couple pairs of Vibrams and I have trouble with my left pinky toe when getting them on. The Filas look like the "fourth" toe is double wide to accommodate two toes.

tsmiley08

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tsmiley08

can you wear these in the water

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

So, if anyone's tried em... is the fit narrow, normal, or wide?

...in addition to the questions of if they are comfortable, help with running aches and will make me eggs in the morning.

lycant

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lycant

The five toed ones are like twice the price.

wootbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootbert

I have a pair with a tongue for each toe.

I wonder how this one feels when two toes share one tongue.

I guess whatever cuts cost, this definitely doesn't look right.

Anybody has shoes with 4 tongues only? Please give us some experience info ...

xapns7nt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xapns7nt

my sock has only one toe

lichme

quality posts: 3111 Private Messages lichme
tsmiley08 wrote:can you wear these in the water

Yes (at least I did). I purchased some of these while in Jamaica to climb a waterfall. Kept from cutting my toes, and gave me some more stability than my normal sneakers wouldn't of had.

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy

I could see where putting the final 2 piggies together makes sense. The biggest complaint I have about my Vibrams (I have 2 styles) is the fit on my pinkie toe....

You've been put on posting probation for this post

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

In all seriousness tho, these are awesome. I have some soccer buddies and cross country friends that swear by them. Not necessarily this exact brand/pair BUT if youve always wanted to try toe shoes this has got to be the best time ever.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kf6tac wrote:Haha. I think it's because a lot of people don't have (or rather, haven't practiced) the ability to flex/wiggle the pinky toe independently of the other four toes, which makes getting the pinky toe into a dedicated toe on the shoe somewhat difficult. I own a couple pairs of Vibrams and I have trouble with my left pinky toe when getting them on. The Filas look like the "fourth" toe is double wide to accommodate two toes.

Probably better for me then. I never could keep my little toe in its slot in toe socks.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 40 Private Messages Pufferfishy

If I buy multiple pairs they all have to be the same size and style? That's something of a fail....

EDIT - Oh - just add them one at a time. The whole cart and all that...

You've been put on posting probation for this post

jeffdoh

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jeffdoh

These were overstock from a special order for the cast of the Simpsons.

Jeffrey Lax

hotrod4x5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hotrod4x5

These seem to be the model of shoe called the Amp.
Amazon link

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars

Any specs on the width? Is it one width fits most? (I'll assume it's a D width).

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2
lycant wrote:The five toed ones are like twice the price.

and twice as durable. I had a pair of skele-toes wear out in a couple of months, where-as my Vibrams, while doing the same tasks, have withheld constant abuse and still going strong.

that was fun while it lasted!

cantharis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cantharis
lichme wrote:Yes (at least I did). I purchased some of these while in Jamaica to climb a waterfall. Kept from cutting my toes, and gave me some more stability than my normal sneakers would have had.

You buy water shoes, you dont buy sneakers, they do make water shoes that look like cool sneakers.

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie

Can anyone comment on sizing? Is it true to size. I'm having my last two toes surgically fused.

osiris73

quality posts: 1 Private Messages osiris73

Compared to my Vibrams, which are still going strong, these wore out in a couple of months. I bought a pair for my 10 year old son and they wore out in about 3 weeks. I really wanted them to be durable and awesome, but they're not. Which, I suspect, is why they're here.

EyesOnly2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EyesOnly2k

I've never owned a pair of five fingers shoes, but when comparing this model others, these look like regular "thick-sole" runnings shoes with just separated toes. It seems that defeats the whole purpose of buying these fingered shoes in the first place, which is get that foot-to-ground contact feel and extra mobility.

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
xapns7nt wrote:my sock has only one toe

My socks have 5 toes

snarkygal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snarkygal
ThunderThighs wrote:Probably better for me then. I never could keep my little toe in its slot in toe socks.

Try the toe socks by Injinji. They are the best and are basically made for toe shoes.

windoctor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windoctor

I need one with six toes.. that way I can run away faster from Inigo Montoya! LOL

zonkerrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zonkerrob

I ditched an otherwise entertaining Facebook friend because he kept posting pictures of these disgusting toe condoms. But for 25 bucks, they might come in handy for a hike I take following a boulder-strewn stream.

wootizen

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wootizen

Can't find reviews anywhere. Are these brand new to but the market?

troy969

quality posts: 1 Private Messages troy969

These are the same as the non orange pair. $50 is the lowest option.
http://www.amazon.com/Fila-Skele-toes-Virtuous-Running-SILVER/dp/B009172VM8

guffone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guffone

Anyone know how these are if you have bad arches???

lebb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lebb

I've had a pair of these (women's version) for over a year now and LOVE them. They still look and feel exactly like new, so they hold up well.

Pros:
- super comfortable
- better footing than conventional shoes
- surprisingly good arch support for such a lightweight shoe

Cons:
- they're just fabric between the toes, so not waterproof/rainy day shoes (although they'd probably be fine if you *intended* to get wet)
- if walking on small gravel, it may tend to lodge in the soles
- toe socks are expensive

I've got friends who have tried both these and their 5-toed competitors, and they say the 5-toed ones are superior, but for my money I'm very happy with these.

mmkjc23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmkjc23

It looks like the end of my favorite nursery rhyme:

This little piggy went to market.
This little piggy stayed at home.
This little piggy had roast beef.
And these little piggies ... ??

woootloot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woootloot

Anyone know how these fit size wise? The chart looks like you measure heel-toe and that puts me at two sizes down from my normal shoe size, I figured a half down but that seems a bit much.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
guffone wrote:Anyone know how these are if you have bad arches???

McDonalds = bad arches

fuzzyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fuzzyz

Smurf shoes

fuz

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
dviglino wrote:So, if anyone's tried em... is the fit narrow, normal, or wide?

...in addition to the questions of if they are comfortable, help with running aches and will make me eggs in the morning.

*Fits true to size for the barefoot wearer. Order a half size up to accommodate socks

Chromium

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chromium

And if the shoe don't fit? I mean I have some shoes that are 8, some 8.5, workboots that are 9, and some 7.5's I can fit in as well....

spork7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages spork7

I've got 2 pairs of Vibrams, and 2 pairs of SkeleToes. SkeleToes feel a lot closer to wearing a standard running shoe, but the toes do help for giving you additional traction. I like my Vibrams more, but I'm still a pretty big fan of the SkeleToes (and mine have been given a lot of use and held up just fine).

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie
woootloot wrote:Anyone know how these fit size wise? The chart looks like you measure heel-toe and that puts me at two sizes down from my normal shoe size, I figured a half down but that seems a bit much.

Wondering same but it says true to size unless your wear socks, then half size bigger