snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

I couldn't wear these. My 4th & 5th toes just aren't that close & would get on eachothers nerves

jgoodapple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgoodapple
bpr2 wrote:and twice as durable. I had a pair of skele-toes wear out in a couple of months, where-as my Vibrams, while doing the same tasks, have withheld constant abuse and still going strong.

Not only are the Vibrams more durable, but the Filas aren't even 'barefoot' shoes. They have the same amount of sole as a regular sneaker.

JobyOne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JobyOne
EyesOnly2k wrote:I've never owned a pair of five fingers shoes, but when comparing this model others, these look like regular "thick-sole" runnings shoes with just separated toes. It seems that defeats the whole purpose of buying these fingered shoes in the first place, which is get that foot-to-ground contact feel and extra mobility.

Yeah. Last time a similar pair of Fila toe-shoes were up on Woot I found some in a store to try on.

The soles are *very* thick, even for traditional running shoes. The heel is particularly thick, because they're apparently designed for heel strikers.

The toes also have very little mobility.

Fila have kind of missed the entire point of barefoot running.

hinkbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hinkbot
tsmiley08 wrote:can you wear these in the water

i have a pair that i use in the water, but they don't have laces likes these do (have a velcro strap). i'd recommend that style for water, that's what i use mine for.

craigleslie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craigleslie

Anybody has shoes with 4 tongues only? Please give us some experience info ...[/quote]

I have these. the toe thing is fine, you don't even notice. no problem with getting on/off. I don't see why one couldn't use them anywhere, as I throw mine in the washer often. if you don't...ewww.

johnnyjs1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnnyjs1

What if your second toe is longer than your big toe??

pandapocky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pandapocky

How does it work if it only has 4 toes?

pixelnated

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pixelnated

Almost! I thought since it said mens sizes that they would have a 15 alas it appears to just be womens and children sizes. Gadzooks!

Jeremiah

SEC

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SEC

I got a pair for canoeing and kayaking.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

My 2nd and 3rd toes are webbed half way on both feet. Thus, these kinds of shoes always make me sad.

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo

Looks like the trail version would be better for wet excursions, as they have the elastic laces with the toggle/grommet to tighten, while the other two have regular laces.

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo
scratchspider wrote:Anyone know if these shoes are web-toe-friendly? My second and third toe are webbed up to about the second knuckle and I'm wondering if the toe tongue goes farther in than that.

Me too. Left foot, 2-3rd toes, halfway up. Man I can swim circles to the right fast...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

morninglark wrote:According to the chart provided, a size 9 is larger than size 9.5. So if I am supposed to go up a size for socks, do I go up to 9.5 or to 10?

Math with fractions is hard, especially on Monday mornings.

9 = 10 5/8
9.5 = 10 3/4 = 10 6/8

9.5 is larger than a 9 but not by much.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

talljim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talljim
hookhams wrote:The 4 toes is really easy to slide into...but they make you look like an alien. so far similar durability than any 5 toe/tongue brands. I'm satisfied with these and Love the price point.

I am kickboxing every week with them and do other outside activities. They haven't failed me yet

Do you wear toe socks with these when you kickbox?

MatthewVinez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MatthewVinez

I love my Vibram 5 Fingers, and wear them everywhere (much to the horror of my mocking fiance). I tried these on in the store, and did not like them. There is virtually no "barefoot feel" due to the thick sole. My Vibrams feel like walking barefoot, with the sensations dulled a little bit. These feel like walking in typical shoes, with your toes separated.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lacotomo wrote:Me too. Left foot, 2-3rd toes, halfway up. Man I can swim circles to the right fast...

+1 for morning chuckle

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oddsbeater1

The comfort of my feet is too important to risk on a pair of twenty dollar "Knock off" shoes that you can't even wear normal socks with.

I think, therefore.."I-M".

LordBling

quality posts: 4 Private Messages LordBling

I'm in for some, but since this is my first pair of toe-shoes, I have no idea if I bought the right size. Rolling the dice!

cjpowers

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cjpowers

For people that have these or Vibrams - do you wear them barefoot or with toe socks? Or either? I am going to use these for running.

mschwab11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mschwab11

Im wondering if they are true to size or should you go up half a size

l33tmaje

quality posts: 1 Private Messages l33tmaje

I bought a pair of these for about the same price Black Friday 2012 and have been using them for running since then. I've probably put about 300 miles on them since then and they're still holding up great. It does look like the ones available on Woot today are a newer model but it looks like they've resolved the issue of rocks getting stuck on the tread. So that's cool.

Pros:

- lightweight
- No socks required, these things keep your feet very cool
- Comfortable to wear
- 4 toes instead of 5 is really a non-issue never experienced any pain of discomfort because of them being lumped together

Cons:

- You will initially get blisters on your feet, but these stop happening with time.
- I had to buy these 1.5 sizes smaller than my everyday sneakers
- The lacing system is weird and difficult to tighten

l33tmaje

quality posts: 1 Private Messages l33tmaje

0______0

bearxor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bearxor

I'll agree that these soles are not as thing as most Vibram shoes. Although Vibram does sell a couple of pairs with thicker soles. However, they're definitely not as thick as a traditional pair of tennis shoes.

I own a pair of the second generation skeletoes and find them quite comfortable. Their a good balance between a normal pair of tennis shoes and the minimalist feel of a Vibram. I had been interested in them for a while and bought mine on clearance for $20 at Flying Monkeys and I'm picking up a new pair now because I hate the strapping system of the pair I have, my only real complaint.

I wear these about 100% of the time on the weekends (dress shoes during the week) and they've held up quite well. I do all the yard work in them and can thrown them in the washing machine every month or so and they come out great.

For $20, this is basically an impulse 'try it'. Even if you don't wear them all the time you'll probably find yourself wearing them for things like running out to the store quickly or something. Pretty worth it, but I don't consider them a competitor to Vibrams. They're more like a compromise between a five fingers and a regular tennis shoe.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
LastApeMan wrote:Never in My Life have I seen these in sz 16.

when I do, I will run through the woods making Sasquatch tracks like no ones business.

You need to find out where the crew of "Finding Bigfoot" will be filming next and get out there a few days in advance. We could take bets on which one wets their pants first.

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I'm wondering what the women's size equivalent would be? I've been forever meaning to get my daughter a pair of toe shoes and this seems like it would be a pretty good deal if I could figure out what size to get? there are over 100 comments posted already...not sure if I'm going to scroll through all of them to see if someone has addressed this already or not.

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

brockmjd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brockmjd

SUPER STIFF SOLES.
I've got a couple of pairs of Vibram FiveFingers and LOVE them. I saw a pair of these Filas at a sporting goods store for something insanely low (like $15 or $20) so I tried them on.
DID. NOT. LIKE.
The thing I love about the VFFs is that they add just a little protection but essentially are like gloves for your feet. The Filas were noticeably stiffer. They just felt... "wrong". I wanted to like them but I did not.
If you have VFFs and like them, I wouldn't spend your money on the Filas. If you've never worn VFFs, or tried VFFs and want something like that but stiffer, then give it a shot maybe? Your mileage may vary.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward
mrsque wrote:I'm wondering what the women's size equivalent would be? I've been forever meaning to get my daughter a pair of toe shoes and this seems like it would be a pretty good deal if I could figure out what size to get? there are over 100 comments posted already...not sure if I'm going to scroll through all of them to see if someone has addressed this already or not.

IIRC, as a general rule, women's sizes are about two sizes smaller, if you need a women's 9 a men's 7 will be close.

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque
mrsque wrote:I'm wondering what the women's size equivalent would be? I've been forever meaning to get my daughter a pair of toe shoes and this seems like it would be a pretty good deal if I could figure out what size to get? there are over 100 comments posted already...not sure if I'm going to scroll through all of them to see if someone has addressed this already or not.

Here's a site with that info.
http://www.shiekhshoes.com/t-SizeChart.aspx

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
lacotomo wrote:Me too. Left foot, 2-3rd toes, halfway up. Man I can swim circles to the right fast...

scratchspider wrote:Anyone know if these shoes are web-toe-friendly? My second and third toe are webbed up to about the second knuckle and I'm wondering if the toe tongue goes farther in than that.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, there are more of us? We should form a team!

mikezav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikezav
jamesclaflin wrote:I didnt realize that there is a market for 4 toed individuals :O

Simpson characters only have 4 toes

Mike Z

jdiazj1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdiazj1
lichme wrote:Yes (at least I did). I purchased some of these while in Jamaica to climb a waterfall. Kept from cutting my toes, and gave me some more stability than my normal sneakers wouldn't of had.

I'm assuming you did the Dunn's River Fall Tour followed by the drunk party boat? If so, it was epic, I loved that tour and worth the money.

DCASTRE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DCASTRE

I can't order 3 pair in different colors?

faring

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faring

How are these at keeping water out? I know they're not waterproof, but could I wear them in the rain briefly w/o having my foot get soaked? I love my VFFs but the even the slightest bit of water on the ground and it comes right in through the spandex between the toes. No puddle necessary, just a sheen on the sidewalk is enough to soak your feet.

Hoogs88

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hoogs88
EyesOnly2k wrote:I've never owned a pair of five fingers shoes, but when comparing this model others, these look like regular "thick-sole" runnings shoes with just separated toes. It seems that defeats the whole purpose of buying these fingered shoes in the first place, which is get that foot-to-ground contact feel and extra mobility.

I was seriously considering buying these, but that's a good point. I think I'll save up for some Vibrams instead.

Ragaboo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ragaboo

So, sizing question. Obviously getting the right size for these is way more important than with normal shoes. With normal shoes I usually get size 9-10.

I just measured my feet, heel to big toe, and they're about 10-10.25" (but no bigger than 10.25). Should I get a 9 or 9.5?

dsawyer12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsawyer12

I have a buddy of mine that wears them when we go mudding. I thought they would be uncomfortable until I saw three more guys with these on. They are lightweighted and will help repel mud from your feet, all the while by protecting them, too.

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

snarkygal wrote:Try the toe socks by Injinji. They are the best and are basically made for toe shoes.

Hmmmm, perhaps we should run some 5 toe'd socks in the near future... the very near future....

joepops

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joepops
Ragaboo wrote:So, sizing question. Obviously getting the right size for these is way more important than with normal shoes. With normal shoes I usually get size 9-10.

I just measured my feet, heel to big toe, and they're about 10-10.25" (but no bigger than 10.25). Should I get a 9 or 9.5?

Same question here. I wear a 10.5 normally, sizing says that I should then order a 9.5 for no socks and a 10 for socks. Anyone own these and can speak on the size they normally wear versus the size they have in these?
Thanks
Lawl! Math is hard. Epic

aedwards13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aedwards13

Make fun of the four-toe design all you want, but these shoes are where it's at for running, Zumba, weight lifting and various other workouts! If you have a job where you have to stand for more than a few hours, this might help any related back, knee, foot, etc.; it sure did help with mine. Plus, regardless of whether you buy them here for $19.99 or in a shoe store, these are way more affordable than most of the shoes offered by Vibram.

I <3 mine, but my advice would be to visit a shoe store and try a pair on before making your purchase. Different models fit differently for each person. My girlfriend and I wear the same size shoe, but we ended up having to get different styles because they conformed different to our individual foot shapes. She got a model similar to the type being sold here. I found this style to be a better fit for me - http://www.fila.com/SKELE-TOES-EZ-SLIDE-DRAINAGE/1PK14074,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=shops-skeletoes%20men.

Here's a review on the pros and cons of the shoe - http://birthdayshoes.com/review-fila-skele-toes-four-toed-shoes

There are also multiple reviews out there if you search for them. Most of what I've read have been pretty positive.

ringzhu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ringzhu

My husband and I bought Fila Skele-Toes shoes a years ago, I like it very much. It is very comfortable. Today I bought it for my father, I hope he like it too.