biggoron

quality posts: 11 Private Messages biggoron

If the shoe does not fit, can I acquit?

Ordered the Vibrams a couple weeks ago, they were kinda tight on the top of my foot. Sold them, tried the Pumas from last week. They were tight on my arch, and actually made my big toe numb. Selling those too. Trying these out now.

Quality post? Me??

jamina1

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jamina1

Thanks woot!

I recently purchased the Vibram Bikila shoes and they're great, but I noticed unfortunately that they aren't very warm. Since spring is taking its sweet time to get to us up here in Michigan, these may help!

A friend specifically suggested them to keep my feet warmer than the Vibrams. I hope they work out.

FINALLY GOT A Bucket of Candycorn ON 9/22/10!

stevethelil

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stevethelil

Someone has to mention that toe sneakers look ridiculous on whoever is wearing them.

You're welcome.

bodishr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bodishr

"Barefoot" running shoes are not a gimmick. If properly fitted and acclimated, they can make you run the way nature/God/evolution intended (without the need for sabre-toothed cats). They saved me from plantar fasciitis (shorter teeth, but plenty painful). That said, having toes in your shoes is gimmicky, unnecessary to get any of the benefits of "barefoot" running, and complicates fitting. If you want to try barefoot running shoes, go to a reputable shop and try several models on. Check out the top non-toed lines like Nike Free and New Balance Minimis. I'll bet you a frosted doughnut that you pass on the silly toes, unless looking and feeling weird is in fact one of your fitness goals. Also, you have to build up your distance in the barefoot shoes, no matter what your fitness level. Don't just strap them on and try a half-marathon first time out. Oh yeah, prepare to pay more than $20. Sorry, but your feet will thank you for not being cheap.

If you just want something to wear to an X-Men theme party, then these are probably a great deal.

jamina1

cjpowers wrote:For people that have these or Vibrams - do you wear them barefoot or with toe socks? Or either? I am going to use these for running.

I wear my vibrams barefoot, I don't think they'd fit with socks. To be honest, even if I got larger ones, socks would just exacerbate the chances of a blister on long runs. I'd much rather just wear them barefoot and wash them more frequently.

jamina1

bodishr wrote:"Barefoot" running shoes are not a gimmick. If properly fitted and acclimated, they can make you run the way nature/God/evolution intended (without the need for sabre-toothed cats).

My running has gotten so much better and easier with my vibrams!

bodishr wrote:If you just want something to wear to an X-Men theme party, then these are probably a great deal.

I love my vibrams, and I was hoping these would work as a backup in case of washing. Should I cancel my order? (it sounds like these are just weird-toed sneakers instead)

jamina1

mrsque wrote:I'm wondering what the women's size equivalent would be? I've been forever meaning to get my daughter a pair of toe shoes and this seems like it would be a pretty good deal if I could figure out what size to get? there are over 100 comments posted already...not sure if I'm going to scroll through all of them to see if someone has addressed this already or not.

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

I wear a 10 in womens. I bought an 8.5 in Mens.

bodishr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bodishr
jamina1 wrote:I love my vibrams, and I was hoping these would work as a backup in case of washing. Should I cancel my order? (it sounds like these are just weird-toed sneakers instead)

I don't have any experience with these shoes, but I don't have a high opinion of Fila running shoes in general. Personally, I couldn't stand the Vibram toes either (though they are serious running shoes), but if you like toed shoes, then you might like these. I can't say. My real point is that having toes is the least important feature of barefoot running shoes. It is really all about the fit, weight, flexibility, and low heel rise. The toes are not necessary. They just add weight and provide more potential friction points over a conventional toebox in my opinion. If there was ever a shoe design that you needed to try on before running in, I think it would toed shoes.

joepops

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joepops

This would be helpful to me:

Hi, my name is _____. I own these shoes. I like/don't like them. Normally, I wear US (M/W) size ___. In these, I wear ___. I usually wear/don't wear socks with these. I am a valuable woot contributor.

Can someone help out with this?

Livinonedge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Livinonedge

I'm doing a Mud Run next month a need a good pair of throw aways for cheap. These might be just what im looking for.

8 Screaming Monkey
2 Bags of Crap
2 Woot-off lights
7 Woot Shirt

camp185

quality posts: 0 Private Messages camp185

Those are God's shoes. Al Bundy's vision has finally come to life 20 years later.

jamina1

bodishr wrote:I don't have any experience with these shoes, but I don't have a high opinion of Fila running shoes in general. Personally, I couldn't stand the Vibram toes either (though they are serious running shoes), but if you like toed shoes, then you might like these. I can't say. My real point is that having toes is the least important feature of barefoot running shoes. It is really all about the fit, weight, flexibility, and low heel rise. The toes are not necessary. They just add weight and provide more potential friction points over a conventional toebox in my opinion. If there was ever a shoe design that you needed to try on before running in, I think it would toed shoes.

Thanks for the insight! I agree - I took a risk on the vibrams because they were cheap on woot and they have paid off. My only mistake is that I probably should have gotten one size larger. Unfortunately my pointer toe is longer than my big toe and it is causing issues. Otherwise I actually LOVE the toes and how they feel. The ability to stretch out my foot on the terrain feels great. I would think that toe shoes would be extra awesome for climbers.

We'll have to see I guess when they get here. If anything, these at least appear "normal" enough that I could wear them to work if all else fails.

dthutchison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dthutchison

Yep, I just bought two different sizes, one for barefoot, one for socks.

Pufferfishy wrote:If I buy multiple pairs they all have to be the same size and style? That's something of a fail....

EDIT - Oh - just add them one at a time. The whole cart and all that...

semper fi

mlegner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlegner
mmkjc23 wrote:It looks like the end of my favorite nursery rhyme:

This little piggy went to market.
This little piggy stayed at home.
This little piggy had roast beef.
And these little piggies ... ??

...got a place together.

drivelikejoewho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drivelikejoewho

REI has Vibram's on sale right now for $30 in Women's models. They also have what appear to be a higher end Men's version for $60. Trying to decide if I should spend the extra $35 on the Vibram's or not.

They also have toe socks on sale for $5.93 a set:

http://www.rei.com/outlet/search?cat=22000056&jxBrand=Injinji&hist=cat%2C22000056%3AFootwear%5EjxBrand%2CInjinji

TjBub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TjBub

I have two or three pairs of Skele-Toes. They are fun to wear..ESPECIALLY, to the beach. You can throw them in the washing machine and hang to dry.
The main thing I dislike about them is, the thick upper material tends to make your feet hot. I much rather prefer wearing my Vibram Fivefingers.

TjBub

dthutchison wrote:Yep, I just bought two different sizes, one for barefoot, one for socks.

SOCKS? Unless you have toe-socks, these would be unwearable with socks.

Barakitty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Barakitty
TjBub wrote:I have two or three pairs of Skele-Toes. They are fun to wear..ESPECIALLY, to the beach. You can throw them in the washing machine and hang to dry.
The main thing I dislike about them is, the thick upper material tends to make your feet hot. I much rather prefer wearing my Vibram Fivefingers.

Are those the skeletoes v1 with the neoprene uppers? Have you tried the v2?

TjBub

Seen a lot of comments about the wierdness of the shoes only having four toes. Have you seen the three-toed ones sold by Body Glove?

gallogj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gallogj

I was considering buying these...but my fourth toe and my pinky toe just don't get along. I don't think I can handle the constant bickering I'd have to hear with the two being jammed together all day long. Who needs that hassle?

hartjo1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hartjo1
johnnyjs1 wrote:What if your second toe is longer than your big toe??

The coup d'toe!!

fatassroadking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fatassroadking

have these There nice!! hate that I paid $60 in past for them but Sport Woot is $ in my fatwallet

DCASTRE

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DCASTRE
Pufferfishy wrote:If I buy multiple pairs they all have to be the same size and style? That's something of a fail....

EDIT - Oh - just add them one at a time. The whole cart and all that...

Thanks for the info. I was getting really annoyed I couldn't get the colors I wanted.

hoyter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoyter
tsmiley08 wrote:can you wear these in the water

I have a set and have used them in the water several times. Be sure to rinse them out otherwise they can be stinky.

drakar2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages drakar2007
pixelnated wrote:Almost! I thought since it said mens sizes that they would have a 15 alas it appears to just be womens and children sizes. Gadzooks!

Everyone knows us size-15ers don't deserve good shoes that fit at a reasonable price. Now I hang my head to go wander to a rare big&tall store to pay $200 for something mediocre

ndevries1981

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndevries1981

So I saw this woot offer and I was like, 'self, how good can these be?' So I went to Kohl's since they had them in stock and tried on a couple of pairs to get a feel and the right size, and I was like, 'self, these feel pretty good!' So I logged back onto woot and bought 3 pairs. Never tried on a pair of these before today, looking forward to receiving the shoes!

joepops

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joepops
ndevries1981 wrote:So I saw this woot offer and I was like, 'self, how good can these be?' So I went to Kohl's since they had them in stock and tried on a couple of pairs to get a feel and the right size, and I was like, 'self, these feel pretty good!' So I logged back onto woot and bought 3 pairs. Never tried on a pair of these before today, looking forward to receiving the shoes!

what size do you wear normally and what size of these fit you best?

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein

What version of Skele-Toes are these (1.0, 2.0, 3.0)?

I have a pair of VFF Bikila LSes, which I got for $50 and now consider essential for running. I've read Skele-Toes are not recommended over Vibram FiveFingers unless you're on a budget and looking for less flexibility and ground feel (i.e. something closer to a normal shoe). However, they're a great introduction to barefoot/minimalist footwear.

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

mdyoung216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mdyoung216
TjBub wrote:SOCKS? Unless you have toe-socks, these would be unwearable with socks.

Yeah I have these, and you have to buy the five toe socks if you want to wear socks. Injinji brand are good quality, but they aren't cheap.

jeffredo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jeffredo

I can spread and wiggle my last two toes, so I'll pass on these (looks like a good price for less "talented" people though).

jjmcgaffey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jjmcgaffey

I have a pair of Skele-Toes - apparently V1, I bought them on sale at Kohl's for $17.50. I've tried Vibrams and never found a pair that could accommodate the arch of my foot - they're painfully tight over the arch. My Skele-Toes are much more minimal than these - essentially no drop, which is the big deal for me. They don't lace up - velcro strap over stretchy top (with a loop front and back to help me pull them on).
I wore them barefoot a couple times and was uncomfortable; bought a pair of Injijis and was more comfortable but the price was painful - so I searched for toe socks on the Internet and bought a dozen from a Chinese import site, DHGate. They're mostly cotton, reasonably long-wearing (I just got the first hole in one of them, 6 months of wearing nothing else later), and more comfortable than untoed socks. I wear the socks more than the shoes (they look too weird for normal wearing, so I only wear them for exercise walks - they feel good but not that good). They're bright blue all over, too. These look much more like normal shoes, but they also look like they have normal heel drop, so I don't think I'll get them.

jjm

sandzoftime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandzoftime
jamesclaflin wrote:I didnt realize that there is a market for 4 toed individuals :O

LOL!!!!

These posts made me laugh today!
Happy Monday

elhoir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elhoir

What a joke. Ask yourself what the purpose of having toe shoes is. The answer is that so you can use your toes in a similar way that you could without shoes. Look at the freaking soles on these things. You won't be able to feel a thing or flex your toes, AND you will look even more ridiculous for only having 4 toes. Bottom line, stay away, you are throwing away 20 dollars. There are a multitude of minimalist shoes, or even toe shoes if you must have them, out there.

walmartman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages walmartman
Livinonedge wrote:I'm doing a Mud Run next month a need a good pair of throw aways for cheap. These might be just what im looking for.

I just did my second mud run in these over the weekend. They are great. And you don't need to think of them as throw aways. Drop all your mud run stuff in a bucket of water for half an hour afterwards, then straight to the washing machine and dryer (yes including your shoes) and they will be good as new.

kendrastoner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kendrastoner

Curse my tiny feet. Women with a shoe size under 9 would like these too!

jesnchris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesnchris

So THAT'S how sasquatch footprints are made!

freakyjoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freakyjoker

Wind! Tornado! Hide!.. only my size sold out.

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA
bodishr wrote:"Barefoot" running shoes are not a gimmick. If properly fitted and acclimated, they can make you run the way nature/God/evolution intended (without the need for sabre-toothed cats). They saved me from plantar fasciitis (shorter teeth, but plenty painful). That said, having toes in your shoes is gimmicky, unnecessary to get any of the benefits of "barefoot" running, and complicates fitting. If you want to try barefoot running shoes, go to a reputable shop and try several models on. Check out the top non-toed lines like Nike Free and New Balance Minimis. I'll bet you a frosted doughnut that you pass on the silly toes, unless looking and feeling weird is in fact one of your fitness goals. Also, you have to build up your distance in the barefoot shoes, no matter what your fitness level. Don't just strap them on and try a half-marathon first time out. Oh yeah, prepare to pay more than $20. Sorry, but your feet will thank you for not being cheap.

If you just want something to wear to an X-Men theme party, then these are probably a great deal.

I have a pair of Nike Free and a pair of Vibrams and I much prefer the Vibrams for running.

robermill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages robermill
dviglino wrote:So, if anyone's tried em... is the fit narrow, normal, or wide?

...in addition to the questions of if they are comfortable, help with running aches and will make me eggs in the morning.

I purchased a pair last time Woot offered them. The Fila, Skele-Toes are extremely comfortable and very lightweight BUT they were too narrow for my feet; the shoes run somewhere "between" narrow and normal, hope this info helps you out... (btw, I handed the Skele-Toes down to my 19 year old son and he loves them)

robermill

quality posts: 2 Private Messages robermill

I purchased a pair last time Woot offered them. The Fila, Skele-Toes are extremely comfortable and very lightweight BUT they were too narrow for my feet; the shoes run somewhere "between" narrow and normal, hope this info helps you out... (btw, I handed the Skele-Toes down to my 19 year old son and he loves them)