• 33.3% - Star Trek: Into Darkness 747
  • 29.2% - Iron Man 3 656
  • 3.6% - The Wolverine 81
  • 10.1% - Man Of Steel 226
  • 11.7% - The Great Gatsby 263
  • 8.1% - World War Z 181
  • 4% - Something else that I’ll yell about you forgetting in the comments 89
2243 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

xandersven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xandersven

Pacific Rim

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez

Theoretically it should be The Great Gatsby, but it's actually going to be Iron Man 3. I trust the team involved.

silveri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silveri

Oddly enough the film I'm most looking forward to is The Way, Way Back.

ceribeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ceribeth

Not the best of these more than likely, but Kick Ass 2 should've probably made the ballot

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

So little trust in Superman.

Superman is, and always shall be the gold standard of what superheroes are and what they should be.

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab

Kickass 2 with Jim Carrey added to the cast...

vorant1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vorant1
DrHardcrab wrote:Kickass 2 with Jim Carey added to the cast...

Carey is a washed-up has been and has no box office draw on his own, if it succeeds it will be in spite of his presence, which it won't.

[size=30]Vorant1[/size]

jeparz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeparz
highonpez wrote:Theoretically it should be The Great Gatsby, but it's actually going to be Iron Man 3. I trust the team involved.

What theory is that? The actors, sets and costumes are the things it has going for it. If it's true to the actual book it will be a "Lovely" story of decadence and betrayal. Then again the Benjamin Button movie was way better than Fitzgerald's pedantic story there too.

tdemick

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdemick

Planes!!!

screennamegod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages screennamegod

if "at worlds end" is anywhere near as good as shawn of the dead and hot fuzz it should be pretty great

BajoriAP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BajoriAP
curtisuxor wrote:So little trust in Superman.

Superman is, and always shall be the gold standard of what superheroes are and what they should be.

Puhleeze. Superman is a super powered space alien nearly invulnerable to anything on Earth. Yeah, big brave man who can stop a bullet with his eyeball. Weak sauce.

At least Ironman (or Batman) are mere mortal humans that manage comparable tasks using only human ingenuity, willpower, and technology.

Superman is a pansy.

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett

Gatsby is such an overrated book, come on, we all read it in junior high, who actually enjoyed it?

myangelbear77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myangelbear77

Planes or Monster University!

ratmotor

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ratmotor

Rush

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom
RKett wrote:Gatsby is such an overrated book, come on, we all read it in junior high, who actually enjoyed it?

I read it in high school. On my own. For fun. And I seem to recall I enjoyed it, mostly. That said, I'll probably wait for this version to come on Netflix.

DrHardcrab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DrHardcrab
vorant1 wrote:Carey is a washed-up has been and has no box office draw on his own, if it succeeds it will be in spite of his presence, which it won't.

Agreed, but the previews look interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UMbwxbgv8U

bargainbourne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bargainbourne

How is Man of Steel not in the top 2?!

merd919

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merd919

I wish I could say "World War Z", but from what I've seen of it thus far, I'm already disappointed. I seriously doubt it's going to be much like the book at all.

veketshian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veketshian

I'm voting for Pacific Rim. Godzilla vs. giant mechs.

klylef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klylef
xandersven wrote:Pacific Rim

this.

klylef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klylef
bargainbourne wrote:How is Man of Steel not in the top 2?!

DC.

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose

Pacific Rim will be about as successful as District 9. Well done in many aspects, but not very appealing to some people who will give it terrible reviews. This will result in people choosing the other big movie of the weekend, and low ticket sales.

That, or it will be just like the Godzilla movie in selling a decent number of tickets, but actually being a fairly terrible movie.

TimUSCA

quality posts: 7 Private Messages TimUSCA
klylef wrote:DC.

Then how do you explain Batman's wild popularity?

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

BajoriAP wrote:At least Ironman (or Batman) are mere mortal humans that manage comparable tasks using only human ingenuity, willpower, and technology.

Iron Man and Batman are two pretty-boy rich kids who decide they don't have to play by the rules because they're special, so they dump daddy's money into disposable vanity projects which they regularly abandon as they flit between concepts and plans like a hummingbird.

Superman is a literal god who decides to do everything he can to fit in with a society that often deliberately holds him back simply because it was what the two people he loved most in the world asked him to do.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

pleepleus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pleepleus

Red 2, only because Kick Ass 2 is going to be a huge failure with JC in it.

linshaff01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linshaff01

Fast and Furious 6

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

linshaff01 wrote:Fast and Furious 6

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...
Wait...Paul Walker?
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO...

bargainbourne

Slydon wrote:Iron Man and Batman are two pretty-boy rich kids who decide they don't have to play by the rules because they're special, so they dump daddy's money into disposable vanity projects which they regularly abandon as they flit between concepts and plans like a hummingbird.

Superman is a literal god who decides to do everything he can to fit in with a society that often deliberately holds him back simply because it was what the two people he loved most in the world asked him to do.

As a huge Batman fan ... well played ;)

bargainbourne

klylef wrote:DC.

Ha, that's actually the reason I'm nervous about the inevitable Justice League movie.

I was worried about Man of Steel as well, especially since I'm not a huge Superman fan, until its 2nd trailer BLEW me away -- I absolutely LOVE what they seem to be doing with his character!

stephf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephf

Despicable Me 2!

brookat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brookat

Just watched 42... It should be on the list... Very good movie!

MorrisDavis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MorrisDavis
highonpez wrote:Theoretically it should be The Great Gatsby, but it's actually going to be Iron Man 3. I trust the team involved.

I agree Gatsby but not iron man.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
Slydon wrote:Raoul is a literal god who decides to do everything he can to fit in with a society that often deliberately holds him back simply because it was what the two people he loved most in the world asked him to do.

... which is why we should bring back Raoul.

>_>
/attempts to jumpstart Raoul with jumper cables
/shocks herself

Srsly, though, I've always been a fan of the under-powered superhero. Anyone reading Spinnerette? I think I'm in lurve with the Green Gable. XD

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

But, of course, everyone in this thread is wrong. The movie that will take the world by storm is:

THIS SUMMER. BOTS CAN DANCE. 2.

bekahonbroadway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bekahonbroadway

Despicable Me 2!!!!!

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo
jeparz wrote:What theory is that? The actors, sets and costumes are the things it has going for it. If it's true to the actual book it will be a "Lovely" story of decadence and betrayal. Then again the Benjamin Button movie was way better than Fitzgerald's pedantic story there too.

How often do you get to use "pedantic" on woot?