moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
ekummel wrote:I'm sorry, but what you say makes no sense at all...

It would have been useful for you to actually read previous posts prior to responding. All of your 'points' have been addressed previously, either directly or indirectly. Three word summary: You're mostly wrong.

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
kylemittskus wrote:This is the best thread ever! A bunch of people who don't actually know what they're talking about -- not having read any primary sources -- defending the confederate flag as an iconic symbol of states' rights (except, of course, the rights of opposing states to do something different).

I don't see any post here that is defending the confederate flag as an iconic symbol of states' rights..... Sure, that concept is out there, but I don't see it being expressed in this thread.

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
ekummel wrote:... I have to ask you. have you ever talked to a person who was alive during the Civil war? I did, and I got the truth straight from someone who lived it...

This reminds me of the time I talked to a really old person. He said he wanted to sell me a bridge for a great price.

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
LarryLars wrote:This reminds me of the time I talked to a really old person. He said he wanted to sell me a bridge for a great price.

Haha. This thread reminds me of that time a bunch of people on the internet made unsubstantiated claims that they knew better than those gosh-darn "Experts." You don't need to spend years researching primary sources to be a "capital-H Historian," just say things on the internet about how the victors write history and somebody really old told you the truth.

edit: just realized how old this thread is. whoops.

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
itoaseik wrote:

edit: just realized how old this thread is. whoops.

Do you mean that you are now declaring yourself the thread historian, expert on everything that has gone on in this thread?