5%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

orokukarisawa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages orokukarisawa

Great reviews over and amazon, and much cheaper than their price too.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-NX1000-20-3MP-Digital-20-50mm/product-reviews/B007XJG42E

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3331 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Two perfect reviews over at bestbuy.com

conanthelibrarian

Some fantastic reviews (4.8 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

five3zero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages five3zero

$44.96 off of Amazon (- the 8GB SDHC Memory Card)

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme
conanthelibrarian wrote:Some fantastic reviews (4.8 out of 5.0) over at bhphotovideo.com

Ya know, you can edit your original post when you find more reviews, especially this early in the morning

HughHemington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages HughHemington

I bought one last time around (also $299).
The (WiFi) Remote Viewfinder facility is handicapped by the fact that the camera's WiFi has an effective range of 10 feet, and if you lose connection, you have to go back to the camera and re-start it there, then re-start it on your phone/ipod.
Backup over WiFi works well though.
The picture quality is good, same with video. You can't use remote viewfinder for video which is a disappointment.
The WiFi features make it clear that a truly remote camera, with a remote pan and tilt tripod would be great. As it is, I can get good use of the remote feature using a monopod, holding the camera up above the crowd.
If you buy additional batteries, buy originals -- knock-offs tend to be tight in the enclosure and take a bit of work to insert and remove.
Taking pictures in bright sunlight is tricky since you cannot see anything in the LCD display and there is no viewfinder, so you'll tend to "spray and pray"!
Good camera overall, and I'm considering buying another lens -- probably a 200 zoom.

dersquisher

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dersquisher

Sold here before in March, here is a link to the comments: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5373231

dougpaw57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dougpaw57
dersquisher wrote:Sold here before in March, here is a link to the comments: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5373231

Yes, "lichme" already posted this seven posts up.

conanthelibrarian

a preview of this (along with two others) courtesy of whatdigitalcamera

conanthelibrarian

See this in action, courtesy of samsungaustria

conanthelibrarian

lichme wrote:Ya know, you can edit your original post when you find more reviews, especially this early in the morning

Morning?? It's barely 10:00 pm here :p. I hate to edit, I always end up messing it up somehow.

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle

I confess I haven't hunted down all the reviews yet, but are there many lenses for this camera, are adapters available for other mounts, and is OIS built into the body, (like Pentax) or the lens itself ?(most others)

picsbyperry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages picsbyperry

Can you get a remote to do "light painting" with this camera?

darkmagician1184

quality posts: 8 Private Messages darkmagician1184

http://snapsort.com/explore/best-mirrorless/24-months-recent

not too highly praised at snapsort, infact its ranked 36/44 for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras (MILC). it appears that if you wanted an MILC, you should've jumped on the K-01 that was posted a few days ago.

tcmong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcmong

No, No, this thing DOES NOT have ANY
optical stabilization; certainly not any O.I.S. Please don't be fooled and get buyer's remorse.

tmong

dilleyjosh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dilleyjosh

I can tell you from experience that this is a phenomenal camera. I'm not a professional photographer but when people see the shots I have taken with this camera most think I am. Samsung offers around 12 lenses for it currently, my favorite of which being the 85 mm Portrait lens. You can find close to another 25 lenses from other companies. The camera is extremely user friendly and displays all of your changeable options(ISO, Aperture, Shutter Speed, Exposure, etc.) on one screen. If you are just getting into photography this is a great camera for you because it practically teaches you how to use it as you go. Its also good for seasoned photographers as it is a smaller body house an APSC CMOS sensor and lens adapters can be found for $45 that will accommodate almost all competitor lenses.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Sorry, only time for one. $299.99 tonight.
product page
http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras/EV-NX1000BABUS
with lot of info and questions, including the manual
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201303/20130306135004922/NX1000_English.pdf
bye

xdavex

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xdavex

ameliorate [əˈmiːljəˌreɪt]
vb
to make or become better; improve

Ameliorate is often wrongly used where alleviate is meant. Ameliorate is properly used to mean `improve', not `make easier to bear', so one should talk about alleviating pain or hardship, not ameliorating it

mbasilepa

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mbasilepa

Thom Hogan (a DSLR (Nikon mostly) and Compact/Mirrorless photographer and reviewer) gave it 3 stars on features and value and 4 on performance. He recommends it!

whytcolr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whytcolr
tcmong wrote:No, No, this thing DOES NOT have ANY
optical stabilization; certainly not any O.I.S. Please don't be fooled and get buyer's remorse.

tmong

The specs on the Samsung website indicate OIS mode 1 & 2, and the Woot specs say:

The 20-50mm lens zooms 2.5x and offers an aperture range of f/3.5-5.6. The OIS II optical stabilization ameliorates camera shake for any image.

Why do you say it has none? Are these specs somehow deceiving?

herlein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages herlein

I bought this on the last Woot before going on a cruise and agree with the positive reviews, this is a fantastic camera. It takes great pictures and videos that are comparable to much bigger cameras, my main camera is a Canon 5D MK II. The batteries run out very fast so buy two extra for a day of shooting, Amazon sells 3rd party batteries from butterfly photo that work great. The built in WiFi is slick and it also supports the Eye-Fi WiFi SD cards. Buy a fast SD card if you plan to shoot RAW as the processor is not the fastest. The only downfalls are the slow processor for RAW, the sensor is not that good at low light and lack of viewfinder. The price, ease of use and the quality of the images more than make up for it. If you get one, turn the automatic sensor cleaning to on, it is turned off by default and will help keep the sensor clean.

denisemorgan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denisemorgan

Two things:
1) Is there a panarama feature like the iphone?

2) Can I adjust time shots or still frame timer to make time laps movies? (lack of correct wording sorry)

j0nny5

quality posts: 2 Private Messages j0nny5

I bought this off of Woot! last time around and really like it. I'm no professional, but my brother is and a friend is, and they both approve of this camera as a great one for it's price. If you plan on eventually buying a second lens, as I did, you can sometimes find a cheaper package deal on ebay. It'll only save you $20 bucks or so, so it might not be worth the headache of ebay. If you go this route, make sure you get a legitimate Samsung NX lens and not some third party knock off. NX lenses have a button on the side (iFunction) that allows you to rotate the rings of the lens to cycle through menu options, rather than having to use the buttons on the back of the camera. Not a huge necessity, but a neat feature none-the-less.

sleebusjones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sleebusjones

I'm an ex-professional newspaper photographer. Bought one of these last time, this is a really great camera. Image quality is really impressive for such a small rig. I bought a 16mm lens for it, which is equivalent to a 24mm on 35mm film. I love big wide angles and this camera delivers. I bought this to replace my wife's point and shoot. Gives a lot of controlability with full manual settings. Flash is quite powerful for it's size and does a reasonable job as a fill flash in daylight, but a bigger unit is availible. Flash exposure is really well done.

If you want OIS, you need to buy a lens that has it in it, it's not in the body. This is similar to how Canon/Nikon DSLRs do it, so I see no problem with it.

IMNSHO, you just can't beat the value you get on this camera.

hulfy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hulfy
ThunderThighs wrote:The Samsung site says it has

IMAGE STABILIZATION OIS Mode1 / Mode2 / OFF

I believe it is the LENS that has the Image Stabilization, NOT the camera body.

bchernicoff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchernicoff
ThunderThighs wrote:The Samsung site says it has

IMAGE STABILIZATION OIS Mode1 / Mode2 / OFF

I don't know why they list that on their site. I bought this camera last time. The 20-50 lens does not have image stabilization. The 18-55 does, but that's not what being sold here. The body does not have IS neither does this lens.

panasonicgh1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panasonicgh1

For those who are considering in buying this camera..

I am currently using the fantastic Fujifilm X-Pro1. you can see my work at www.bokehdreams.com my friend owns this camera and I asked him if I could borrow it and try it out hands on. I been seeing the NX1000 going down on price everywhere on the net.. I'll be honest I was surprised.. not because of the stock lens that it comes with but if you buy this camera and combine it with the Samsung 30mm f2.0 oh my god.. you will love it. Coming from using the X-Pro1 I was having a blast with the NX1000 with the 30mm.. the sad thing really is that people usually google and youtube the camera they want to buy but sadly you will hardly find any reviews or real shots for this camera. I bought this camera with the 30mm lens on ebay for about $340 all together (used of course but still a great deal) and I will be posting a lot of street shots with the samsung NX and show people what this little underdog can do.. Trust me guys I would only recommend you buying this camera IF you decide to get the pancake 30mm lens (Cheapest I seen the lens on ebay is $270.

bchernicoff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bchernicoff
panasonicgh1 wrote:For those who are considering in buying this camera..

I am currently using the fantastic Fujifilm X-Pro1. you can see my work at www.bokehdreams.com my friend owns this camera and I asked him if I could borrow it and try it out hands on. I been seeing the NX1000 going down on price everywhere on the net.. I'll be honest I was surprised.. not because of the stock lens that it comes with but if you buy this camera and combine it with the Samsung 30mm f2.0 oh my god.. you will love it. Coming from using the X-Pro1 I was having a blast with the NX1000 with the 30mm.. the sad thing really is that people usually google and youtube the camera they want to buy but sadly you will hardly find any reviews or real shots for this camera. I bought this camera with the 30mm lens on ebay for about $340 all together (used of course but still a great deal) and I will be posting a lot of street shots with the samsung NX and show people what this little underdog can do.. Trust me guys I would only recommend you buying this camera IF you decide to get the pancake 30mm lens (Cheapest I seen the lens on ebay is $270.

I mainly shoot with a Canon 5D Mk III and various pro lenses. I bought this little guy last it was on sale here and love it. I've had the 30mm pancake on backorder for almost a month. Glad to hear I can expect good things when it finally ships.

marcmarc2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcmarc2000

The kit lens that comes with this does not have the I.S. even though the description says it does. I like the camera it takes great pics

samsungguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samsungguy

The NX1000 does support OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) when used in conjuction with an OIS capable lens.

The 20-50mm lens bundled with the NX1000 does not support OIS.

OIS is generally most valued in zoom lenses and longer lenses to help minimize the impact of shake at longer focal lengths.

Addition of OIS, adds some cost, weight, and impacts power consumption of a lens design.

There are currently 4 lenses in the NX Lineup that support OIS:
• 18-55mm
• 60mm
• 18-200mm
• 50-200mm

tcmong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcmong

I was the first person to call out that this kit does not have OIS.
As of 10 am. CST, Woot has erased all mention of optical stabilization in its feature write-up.
Don't say I didn't tell you so, folks. And, Woot.com, you owe me an apology, but I know you are too proud to offer. No offense to you, Woot, I remain a regular customer. Peace, bro.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tcmong wrote:I was the first person to call out that this kit does not have OIS.
As of 10 am. CST, Woot has erased all mention of optical stabilization in its feature write-up.
Don't say I didn't tell you so, folks. And, Woot.com, you owe me an apology, but I know you are too proud to offer. No offense to you, Woot, I remain a regular customer. Peace, bro.

Thank you for pointing it out and to all the others that explained it. Once someone explained that it's the lens that has the OIS, everything clicked into place.

Yes, we've updated the sale and will be contacting customers that have already purchased the camera.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rayzmail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rayzmail

This camera is chock full of excellent features. I was considering buying another camera, and am glad I didn't.

sleebusjones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sleebusjones

Here's an example picture taken with the 16mm lens. This was at sunup, handheld through the office window...not the best of conditions, there are some reflections from the window in the picture. So, just about the worst possible setup and the pic is pretty decent I think.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ob33zv5ei4jkk2k/a74gL_crve

noramar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noramar

I bought this camera when it first went on sale a few weeks back. I'm very happy with it. The image quality is impressive, and is very easy to use.

jduncan77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jduncan77

just adding my 2 cents to echo all the other comments about this being a great camera. I also bought this during the last sale, after having used an NX200 a bit, and I have added the 30mm, 12-24mm, and 50-150mm lenses. I haven't used the 50-150mm beyond a couple sample photos when I got it, but the 30mm and 12-24mm lenses are great.

Someone mentioned slow RAW processing. that is in my opinion the only shortcoming of this camera(I don't mind the loss of a viewfinder, nor do I use the wifi at all, so I can't comment on that).

getting a faster memory card helps, but only to a point. beyond SDHC class 10, you will not see any speed increase in saving RAW images. Some might consider this an advantage though since class-10 cards are a lot cheaper than UHS cards.

other than that, a fantastic camera.

bestdeal2008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bestdeal2008

Canon EOS Rebel T3i VS Samsung EV-NX1000BABUS????

waldz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waldz
bestdeal2008 wrote:Canon EOS Rebel T3i VS Samsung EV-NX1000BABUS????

Apples to oranges... T3i is a full body DSLR whereas this is a compact mirrorless that's about half the price and half the size.

If you're a casual shooter, you can't go wrong with this one.