pirateink757

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirateink757
drumelloboe wrote:xbox controller was *exactly* why I was going to purchase these. Thanks for the heads-up.

My room mate and I play xbox every day and Wii. They work great and last along time.

mrglenasmith

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrglenasmith
PeteCal wrote:Kodak stock closed yesterday at $0.0899 a share.

I hope the batteries last longer then the company.

Wikipedia wrote:Eastman Kodak Company, commonly known as Kodak,.. was founded by George Eastman in 1888.

Shazam! I hope they last longer than Kodak too! Them would be some serious batteries!

In all seriousness, according to the "stuff you bought" link, I got 1 pack of each in Aug last year, I'm still using them, have not had any DOA's and no leakage. As for how long they last - meh. I have lithiums and rechargeables for when necessary. These are perfect for non essential battery powered devices. For your battery powered kids or the devices that keep your regular kids out of your hair.

Glen

mcarver5091

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcarver5091

Let me know when you have rechargeable batteries. I'm not that eco-friendly nut but I can not understand why people don't use rechargeables more. The number of remotes and other needs, warrant it.

Nikk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nikk

Batteries are so dramatic. Other things get old or break, but batteries...they die....

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages oddsbeater1

How do THESE batteries compare to the last bunch of 100 super alkaline batteries Woot sold a month or so ago?

I think, therefore.."I-M".

garzman80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garzman80
pirateink757 wrote:My room mate and I play xbox every day and Wii. They work great and last along time.

Your mom sounds pretty cool.

gregroot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregroot

I bought some because I needed some. But, Walmart sells a 50 pack for the same price per battery.

Hodakaroadtoad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hodakaroadtoad
gusvonpooch wrote:Is your child battery operated?

heh, I wish. Then I'd take them out once in a while for some peace and quiet.

Hodakaroadtoad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hodakaroadtoad

Tell that to my PS3 controller that will no longer charge. You can get rechargeable battery packs or use alkaline or regular rechargeable batteries with the Xbox controller.

garzman80 wrote:Wait, Xbox controllers need regular batteries? They aren't just rechargeable like PS3's? I have no idea why anyone would have ever bought an Xbox. Pay for batteries, to play online, and a blu-ray player...you guys got hosed.
I bought these batteries a while back and they have worked great for me...in for more.

Danpowers44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Danpowers44

How about some lithium batteries once in awhile?

djtodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djtodd

I too can confirm that these batteries don't work well in Xbox controllers.. They also behave strangely in some other devices.. For example, our Scrubbing Bubbles automatic shower cleaner goes crazy with them in there.. I think they have a problem delivering a constant voltage once under a load..

6/1/2007 Random crizznap, foo

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
gwpriester wrote:...and you wind up having to find a recycling center to accept all these useless batteries.

There is no point whatsoever in "recycling" modern alkaline batteries. They actually can't be recycled, and furthermore, do not contain dangerous components that require special disposal. Just chuck 'em in the trash when they're spent.

However, ALWAYS recycle old rechargeable batteries. They often contain dangerous chemicals that must be properly disposed of.

Reference material

Reference material #2

garzman80

Hodakaroadtoad wrote:Tell that to my PS3 controller that will no longer charge. You can get rechargeable battery packs or use alkaline or regular rechargeable batteries with the Xbox controller.

See, a PS3 controller is better because it apparently can hear. A few months of xbox live will get you a new PS3 controller.
I had 3 packs of these batteries last time before christmas and they all worked fine in the toys and remotes we have used them for. Can't recall having to replace any of them yet.

davielmejor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davielmejor

You know what's the worst? When you have to go around to all your other remotes because the TV remote is dead.

The dvd player takes AAA's no luck there.

The TV remote in the bedroom has no batteries in it because you stole them last time. Same with that dvd player as well.

In vain you smack the crud outta the remote in hopes you can shake loose that last bit of juice.

And that's why I bought three of these the last time.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 10 Private Messages billthegunowner

I bought these the last time Woot offered them. Great deal! These Kodak batteries are just as good as Duracells or other major brand names.

Bill

jedispork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jedispork

Seems like a good deal but I would rather have another set of eneloops.

egranados

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egranados
alisongraser wrote:I bought a box of batteries from woot once and they were ALL DEAD! Never again.

I'm sorry I laughed. I'm sure they made it right, though.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 8 Private Messages daveinwarshington

WARNING:

If using 2 batteries...
Zoe & Amy do not get along.
Keep them in separate items!

I'm having a WOOTIN' TOOTIN' well time here!
SEAHAWKS - We WON teh SUPERBOWL!

superrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superrad

At last my CO2 detector can be powered by fresh batteries rather than all the remote batteries I happen to have when it starts beeping at 2AM.

peakandpine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peakandpine
garzman80 wrote:Your mom sounds pretty cool.

That remark automatically makes you my friend.

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay

Ha! I have 2 teenagers ... I know these won't last long! I have been hiding AA batteries from them ... and the AAA batteries I bought disappeared almost overnight ... I am so getting these!!

Hodakaroadtoad wrote:I have an 8yr old. Even in these quantities, these won't last long.

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay
gusvonpooch wrote:Is your child battery operated?

If my teenagers were ... I wouldn't be buying these batteries ... ha!
:-P

olcubmaster

quality posts: 29 Private Messages olcubmaster

And on a completely different note, could it be that our TT has taken to modeling for sellout!?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

ashfamily

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashfamily
superrad wrote:At last my CO2 detector can be powered by fresh batteries rather than all the remote batteries I happen to have when it starts beeping at 2AM.

Yea .. using cheap batteries to operate life saving equipment makes sense. Put these babies in a defibulator and you're set for life (caution low hanging fruit nearby)

Oh wise Woot owl ... How many licks DOES it take to get to the center? The world may never know.

garyshank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garyshank

I'm in for a pack of each. My Remote Controls,and Flashlights all eat batteries like they are candy.

moondigger

superrad wrote:At last my CO2 detector can be powered by fresh batteries rather than all the remote batteries I happen to have when it starts beeping at 2AM.

Do you live in the International Space Station?

garzman80

peakandpine wrote:That remark automatically makes you my friend.

keckert1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages keckert1

My local Shoprite regularly sells 8-packs of these for under $2. That said, they don't last very long. Our Wii remotes will go through 2 of these every week or so.

drakono

quality posts: 1 Private Messages drakono

Hold your breath and it will stop.

garzman80

keckert1 wrote:My local Shoprite regularly sells 8-packs of these for under $2. That said, they don't last very long. Our Wii remotes will go through 2 of these every week or so.

I am bored at work and here to help you. Rechargeable wii batteries with docking station...
http://www.everydaysource.com/product/dual-charging-station-w-2-rechargeable-battery-led-light-compatible-with-wii-remote-control-white/GNINWIIXTC07/?esprcggbadtf130501=sc+gb+82283&utm_source=google&utm_medium=product_search&utm_campaign=google_base&aid=1630&gclid=COKBmIiK-LYCFYYw4AodtjwADQ

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Meh... just go to Big Lots or Dollar General...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

johnnyjs1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages johnnyjs1

"I have purchased these deal before and the batteries are horrible. That being said, at $.36 per battery, they are great for kid toys"

You should not let your kids play with batteries..they could choke

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 503 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

olcubmaster wrote:And on a completely different note, could it be that our TT has taken to modeling for sellout!?

I WISH!

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I wish I would've checked Woot this morning, like I usually do, but I'm a slacker, so here is my rant.

Shoprite has Kodak alkaline batteries on sale dirt cheap quite frequently, I think an 8 pack for $1.49. I purchased both AA & AAA and have got to say, they are the WORST BATTERIES EVER...if they were giving them away for nothing, I'd still pass.

jamesclaflin

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jamesclaflin

This order doesnt specifially say No P.O. boxes but woot sometimes does say that, So does that mean i can do a p.o. box for this order?

badhusky

quality posts: 2 Private Messages badhusky

I have a lot of these batteries from previous woots. They work just as good as any other name brand battery. Woot sometimes sells ac Delco batteries and those are pure junk. My biggest problem with rechargables is they don't hold a charge very long. Put a rechargable flashlight in your car and its dead in a month.

moondigger

badhusky wrote:My biggest problem with rechargables is they don't hold a charge very long. Put a rechargable flashlight in your car and its dead in a month.

Use LSD (low self-discharge) rechargeable batteries. Eneloop batteries have the best reputation of the LSD rechargeables, and I've been using them for a while. They work great, and should retain a usable charge for a long time while unused.

Most Energizer and Duracell NiMH rechargeables are not LSD batteries, and will discharge quickly whether they're used or not.

DavidPuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidPuddy

I accidently selected AAA when I wanted AA. Can I cancel and reorder?

showcaller

quality posts: 30 Private Messages showcaller
jmackinac wrote:And you have over 20 quality posts? You either know someone at Wootmazon or the staff likes bad humor.

I write, Woot publishes. What can I say. If I can make just one person laugh, or even smile, then I have done my job... and we can all rest... UNTIL THE NEXT WOOT!

ZaphodJoe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ZaphodJoe

Umm I ordered a set of AA and a set of AAA it was even in 2 separate lines not just a quantity of 2 on one line. But instead I get 2 boxes in the mail today both with 3 packs of AAA's so now I have 144 AAA and no AA's! =(