WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

TaylorMade Golf

Golf. It's a way to punish a small white ball for making you walk. Make sure you've got the right equipment, or the ball will win! And you don't want that. You don't want to be the one who loses to a small white ball.
TaylorMade official site

mervone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mervone

Are these clubs regular or 'stiff' graphite? I prefer regular and if unknown Ican not purchase.

WOOT IPSA LOQUITOR -- "The Woot speaks for itself"

mphillipswoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mphillipswoot
mervone wrote:Are these clubs regular or 'stiff' graphite? I prefer regular and if unknown Ican not purchase.

If you click into the item specific page, you will find the flex in the title or in drop down options.

ubbriggs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ubbriggs

Can anyone with knowledge share information about the Mens driver. The "HL" which I think means "high launch" looks like the highest loft the club was made in. Something like 12.5' from what I can gather online. Not much else I could find after searching for about 15 minutes.

Mountain219

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mountain219

Most Likely 13 Degrees

thisiskevin32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thisiskevin32
ubbriggs wrote:Can anyone with knowledge share information about the Mens driver. The "HL" which I think means "high launch" looks like the highest loft the club was made in. Something like 12.5' from what I can gather online. Not much else I could find after searching for about 15 minutes.

Yes, HL means High Launch.

This club is adjustable as far as the degree angle with the max loft being 12.5 degrees. What does this mean? Typically your ball will carry more, but typically have shorter distance (depending on the golfer). Also, typically the higher degree of club, the easier it is to be more accurate with it.

This driver gives you options so you can find the degree that works best for you, as every golfer is different. Also note I believe this a Graphite shaft with a normal flex, so if you have a fast swing, you may have problems with this club.

lyonsgolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyonsgolf
ubbriggs wrote:Can anyone with knowledge share information about the Mens driver. The "HL" which I think means "high launch" looks like the highest loft the club was made in. Something like 12.5' from what I can gather online. Not much else I could find after searching for about 15 minutes.

13 degrees is the correct degree.

Here is more info about the club:

*Lightweight shaft and grip promotes faster speed for more distance

*Speed-enhancing head aerodynamics promotes faster head speed for more distance

*Inverted Cone clubface technology promotes more speed and distance on off-center hits

*White crown and black face makes alignment easy and eliminates glare on top

dgb2i

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dgb2i

I own the adjustable 10.5 RBZ driver, and couldn't be happier with it. Pretty sure all RBZ tips are adjustable 1.5* in either way, so you'll be able to tweak this one between 11.5* and 14.5*. Regular flex shaft is going to be whippy for higher swing speeds, but then again, the HL version isn't really designed for low handicappers. Higher loft will give you a longer carry with a slower swing speed (which is the same reason most people hit a 3 wood longer and straighter than a driver). Basically, if you're a golfer that just enjoys getting out there and smacking the ball around with a cooler of beer, this will be a nice addition to your bag.

Regarding the sets of clubs - The Burner sets are good all-around clubs for anyone learning the game. The RBZ Max clubs are HUGE - often referred to as "super game improvement" irons - maybe they'd be good for seniors, but they were far too large for my tastes when I last went shopping. The original RBZ clubs are great GI clubs, and were TMaG's flagship GI iron until the RocketBladez came out. They'd be a great addition to anyone's bag. Finally, unless you're a frequent golfer, or plan on working long and hard to develop the ball-striking skills necessary to play players clubs, I'd steer clear of the TP MC's. They're the most advanced set of the bunch, and while they are going to allow you to do more with the ball (and are mighty nice to look at), they're going to make life hard on a weekend hacker.

jryanhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jryanhill

I was about 20 minutes too late in trying to get the Burner 2.0 set last time this was on here before the Regular flex went out of stock. I was so excited to see it back on here, until I saw that it was just the left over stiff flex. Anyone know where Woot gets its deals so I can see if I can find more Regular flex for this great price? It saves at least $120 off the best price I can find for them.

kanamin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kanamin

In for a set of the Tour Preferred MC irons. Really excited as I've been missing my 9 and 3 irons from my i3 set for a while... And haven't played a pseudoblade since high school.

Ericy321

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Ericy321

Jryan if you find some regular please post. I've been looking also.

kugino

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kugino

wish they shipped to hawaii as the tour preferred looks right up my alley. been playing with my mizuno mp30/33 set for the last 10 years but i play so infrequently now that i can't hit my musclebacks quite as well as i used to. need more forgiving clubs, but i still want something with small heads and little offset...sigh...

thisiskevin32

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thisiskevin32
Ericy321 wrote:Jryan if you find some regular please post. I've been looking also.

This place up in Michigan (They ship everywhere) has the regular Burners at a pretty solid price. I just bought this a week ago and really enjoy them. The model is a bit old, but they play too well for me too care.

http://www.carlsgolfland.com/shop/taylormade-burner-plus-irons.html

benleslie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benleslie

are the irons in this set graphite as well. or just the hybrids

mphillipswoot

benleslie wrote:are the irons in this set graphite as well. or just the hybrids

The Burner 2.0 irons & hybrids are all graphite.

johnson078931

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnson078931
thisiskevin32 wrote:This place up in Michigan (They ship everywhere) has the regular Burners at a pretty solid price. I just bought this a week ago and really enjoy them. The model is a bit old, but they play too well for me too care.

http://www.carlsgolfland.com/shop/taylormade-burner-plus-irons.html

Just to be clear, the set of Burners you posted is a standard set of irons, not a hybrid set which is what is listed here. This is probably why they are quite a bit less.

jryanhill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jryanhill
johnson078931 wrote:Just to be clear, the set of Burners you posted is a standard set of irons, not a hybrid set which is what is listed here. This is probably why they are quite a bit less.

Also steel shafts, not graphite.

jbslone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbslone

So is this set the 2.0 HP or regular? The image shows a black iron head which i think looks much better than the newer HP (high polish). However, the Specs say High polish. I hope these are the black irons. Either way, great woot!!!

wjb216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wjb216

Even the clubs not marked "RH" were "RH" only. Thanks for nothing!

jasonkim1111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jasonkim1111

Regular shaft=steel shaft?

Jason Kim

kanamin

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kanamin
jasonkim1111 wrote:Regular shaft=steel shaft?

probably referring to regular flex

ounick008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ounick008

Right hand, right hand, right hand, right hand, and ladies. Blah... Left handed and feeling left out...

msp371

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msp371

Still looking for regular flex RocketBallz with more wedges if possible. Went to TaylorMade preowned and the used clubs are priced higher than new on the web. Be careful on Ebay I already had to dispute a set of fakes.

msp371

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msp371

Is this a certified TaylorMade site?

jbslone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbslone
msp371 wrote:Still looking for regular flex RocketBallz with more wedges if possible. Went to TaylorMade preowned and the used clubs are priced higher than new on the web. Be careful on Ebay I already had to dispute a set of fakes.

I did buy this set. I have been looking at this set on other sites. How can you tell if they are fakes or knock offs? Thanks for your feedback...

jack090

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jack090
jbslone wrote:I did buy this set. I have been looking at this set on other sites. How can you tell if they are fakes or knock offs? Thanks for your feedback...

http://taylormadegolf.com/customer-service/customerService-counterfeit.html

I would think that woot is selling real clubs but the best way to check is when you get them and get check the serial numbers.

laurenzo012

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurenzo012

I purchased this set on the last Taylormade sale about 3 weeks ago. I am a little concerned about them being fakes, however. The shaft is black/red and the club face is not the two-tone black/silver finish. The clubs I were sent do not reflect the picture shown in the sale, which is a pause for concern for me. I have yet to call taylormade and inquire about the serial #'s though; but I have read that those could be falsified as well. Can anyone please advise?

ounick008

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ounick008

If you are thinking of buying irons, here is my suggestion:

Save your money and go to a golf shop that can custom fix you with clubs. They are the same price as normal clubs and you will have a set that is the right length, degree head, shaft stiffness, etc.

I spent money before and bought a set that was on sell but they were an inch short for me and they were not at the right angle thus I was not hitting them well and when I did I was pulling the ball due to the angle. I went to a store and once fitted I am now hitting the ball further and straighter than even before.

Just a thought...

Good luck out there.

burresb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages burresb

When will you get the Burner 2.0's in again?

rwilkie1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwilkie1

Why isn't this on the sport! tab?????

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8728382
laurenzo012 wrote:I purchased this set on the last Taylormade sale about 3 weeks ago. I am a little concerned about them being fakes, however. The shaft is black/red and the club face is not the two-tone black/silver finish. The clubs I were sent do not reflect the picture shown in the sale, which is a pause for concern for me. I have yet to call taylormade and inquire about the serial #'s though; but I have read that those could be falsified as well. Can anyone please advise?

I thought this was a silly statement " Amazon or a part of them" would never sell counterfeit, but 24 hours later and still no staff interjecting and assuring that the sticks on this sight are 100% legit. STARTING TO GET WORRIED on my order of the RZB steel....

mphillipswoot

8728382 wrote:I thought this was a silly statement " Amazon or a part of them" would never sell counterfeit, but 24 hours later and still no staff interjecting and assuring that the sticks on this sight are 100% legit. STARTING TO GET WORRIED on my order of the RZB steel....

I thought we had been through enough together for you to have more trust in us than that. We bring you the best brands in TV's, treadmills and more but you question our integrity when it comes to a pile of sticks? I hoped our transactions had meant more to you than this. If our iPods are legit, of course our sticks are legit. So, speak softly and carry name brand sticks.

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8728382
mphillipswoot wrote:I thought we had been through enough together for you to have more trust in us than that. We bring you the best brands in TV's, treadmills and more but you question our integrity when it comes to a pile of sticks? I hoped our transactions had meant more to you than this. If our iPods are legit, of course our sticks are legit. So, speak softly and carry name brand sticks.

AHHHHHHHHH I feel better....Can't wait till Saturday! Your right you guys rock and as you see under my stuff that I have bought I dig you guys! That post just scared me....

bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman

Hello wooters,

I have a question I ordered the 399.00 TaylorMade Burner 2.0 3,4 Hybrid, 5-PW, AW Graphite Stiff Right-Handed 8-Piece Set. The headline says 8 piece set but the description says I get an AW also, which makes nine pieces. I received the set today and did not have the AW, has anyone else had this problem?

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bigbadblackman wrote:Hello wooters,

I have a question I ordered the 399.00 TaylorMade Burner 2.0 3,4 Hybrid, 5-PW, AW Graphite Stiff Right-Handed 8-Piece Set. The headline says 8 piece set but the description says I get an AW also, which makes nine pieces. I received the set today and did not have the AW, has anyone else had this problem?

It sounds like you might have been shorted on your order.

Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be more than happy to help remedy the issue.

bigbadblackman

ROGETRAY wrote:It sounds like you might have been shorted on your order.

Please email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know. They'll be more than happy to help remedy the issue.

I already did thanks

Bluebeemer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluebeemer
bigbadblackman wrote:Hello wooters,

I got the 8-Piece set and my 5 iron was missing. I was shocked. I emailed support using the form.

zurcaled11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zurcaled11
Bluebeemer wrote:I got the 8-Piece set and my 5 iron was missing. I was shocked. I emailed support using the form.

I just got my TaylorMade clubs. It looks like instead of a 5-iron I got a 5-Hybrid and there is no 3-Hybrid in the set. Not sure what to do, but I definitely didn't get all of what was ordered. I filled out the form as well, this is only my second purchase from woot and it sucks that it got messed up.

Bluebeemer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bluebeemer
zurcaled11 wrote:I just got my TaylorMade clubs. It looks like instead of a 5-iron I got a 5-Hybrid and there is no 3-Hybrid in the set. Not sure what to do, but I definitely didn't get all of what was ordered. I filled out the form as well, this is only my second purchase from woot and it sucks that it got messed up.

I will have to check mine when i get home from work. I just assumed the 2 hybrids were the 3 and 4. Either way i am missing a club.

bigbadblackman

ROGETRAY wrote:It sounds like you might have been shorted on your order.

I emailed support, got a response and support wanted more information. When I replied to the email form support it generated another case number and I haven't gotten another response. That was at 0900 CST this morning and it is now 1611. Is there a way to reply to a support email without an additional case number being generated?