WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Star Wars Model Kits

May the 4th be with you! No, we know, it's silly. And we also know that this is a several day sale, so you might not be reading this on May 4th, and so the joke kinda falls flat, if it didn't fall flat already, but you guys: STAR WARS MODELS!!!!!
Revell and Monogram official site

Quality Posts

accrx77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages accrx77

No X-wing or TIE fighter?

philmills

quality posts: 3 Private Messages philmills

Sorry: nerd and/or car-guy rage.

The top speed of a stock T-47 (snow speeder) is 650kph, not a piddly 110kph (barely 70 mph).
Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-47_airspeeder

webboy9579

quality posts: 0 Private Messages webboy9579

Do you have to paint them, or are they already colorized?

BPL5683

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BPL5683

Staff

webboy9579 wrote:Do you have to paint them, or are they already colorized?

They are pre-painted.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

chapbin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chapbin

They come prepainted and no glue required

quinst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages quinst
webboy9579 wrote:Do you have to paint them, or are they already colorized?

"Comes pre-painted which means all you have to do is put it together"

-pulled from the item description

BPL5683

Staff

philmills wrote:Sorry: nerd and/or car-guy rage.

The top speed of a stock T-47 (snow speeder) is 650kph, not a piddly 110kph (barely 70 mph).
Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-47_airspeeder

We spoke with our Incom Sales Rep, back on the planet Fresia (where they're headquartered) and have revised the figure. There may have been an issue with the conversion, but he also noted that during the Galactic Civil War the Rebel forces were able to modify the T-47 to much higher speeds (possibly 1000km/h), though due to their circumstances it was never fully documented.

Email customer service: support@woot.com for order problems ~OR~ Use the Support form linked at the top of every page.

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee

How big are these?

BPL5683

Staff

aaee wrote:How big are these?

We list that information on the "Specs" tab for each item, but here they are listed out:

Slave 1 - 8.75" L x 9.6" Wingspan
AT-RT - 7 1/8" H
Snowspeeder - 8.75" L x 9.6" Wingspan
Magnaguard - 8.45" L x 8.75" Wingspan
Torrent Starfighter - 5.94" L x 10" Wingspan
Anakin and Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighters - 8.625" L x 3.75" Wingspan

aaee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aaee
BPL5683 wrote:We list that information on the "Specs" tab for each item, but here they are listed out:

Slave 1 - 8.75" L x 9.6" Wingspan
AT-RT - 7 1/8" H
Snowspeeder - 8.75" L x 9.6" Wingspan
Magnaguard - 8.45" L x 8.75" Wingspan
Torrent Starfighter - 5.94" L x 10" Wingspan
Anakin and Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighters - 8.625" L x 3.75" Wingspan

Thank you BPL5683 you're efforts to protect the alliance will not go unrecognized..

BPL5683

Staff

aaee wrote:Thank you BPL5683 you're efforts to protect the alliance will not go unrecognized..

Thank You, and may the force be with you.

CapnJB

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CapnJB

My hitch cover approves.

muol

quality posts: 1 Private Messages muol

Very nice, I wish I was 30 years younger.

yubyubcommander

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yubyubcommander

Bought a few for my four month old son to assemble in 6 years or so. I'm still looking for a tie fighter with either Tycho or Wedge holding a stuffed Ewok in front of them while flying. Someday, ohh someday.

rayray8822

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rayray8822

I bought several TIE Interceptors on woot a couple of years ago. Kept trying to score an X-Wing to go with it . . . no such luck.

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

One day early. MAY (the) 4th (be with you) is tomorrow.

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii
yubyubcommander wrote:Bought a few for my four month old son to assemble in 6 years or so. I'm still looking for a tie fighter with either Tycho or Wedge holding a stuffed Ewok in front of them while flying. Someday, ohh someday.

We've never met, but I love you.

jlafee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jlafee

My nearly 8 year old son has been getting bored with Legos lately, so we bought the Snowspeeder and the other Anakin space fighter last week on Amazon for a good deal more than the Woot prices. Just bought another 3 models to keep his love of building things alive (and of course, so I can help.)

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I see two Star Wars models and some other unrelated stuff.

StarKnightGoku

jlafee wrote:My nearly 8 year old son has been getting bored with Legos lately

Purge the heretic.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

What? No painting? I remember hours spent carefully putting together and painting Star Wars and Star Trek model kits when I was a kid. I was getting all nostalgic for those little square bottles of model paint until I saw that these come pre-painted. Just ruins it for me.

digital69

quality posts: 1 Private Messages digital69

funny I saw these at toys r us lastnight and thought....

but shouldn't this be named AT ST? AT AT has 4 but AT ST had 2

StarKnightGoku

digital69 wrote:funny I saw these at toys r us lastnight and thought....

No, because that isn't an AT-ST.

jlafee

hippie1981 wrote:What? No painting? I remember hours spent carefully putting together and painting Star Wars and Star Trek model kits when I was a kid. I was getting all nostalgic for those little square bottles of model paint until I saw that these come pre-painted. Just ruins it for me.

These are Level 1 models. There are still plenty of Level 2 and 3 models out there that require the fun of glue, paint, exacto blades, and sandpaper.

jlafee

digital69 wrote:funny I saw these at toys r us lastnight and thought....

AT ST has a fully enclosed cockpit and was a weapon of the Empire. The AT RT is a smaller, lighter precurser used for scouting in the Clone Wars.

jlafee

StarKnightGoku wrote:Purge the heretic.

I can't blame him. Lego just keeps coming out with crappier sets for kids. He built up most of the Ninjago and Monster Hunter sets, but has no interest in the Chima series. He's 8, so a little under the level needed for Technics or the architecture sets.

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

These are also a fair price on Amazon (if you include shipping and have prime) and they have the other sets people are wondering about like the X-Wing.

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel

If you're considering these, please also consider Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game and its expansions. The models appear to have more detail, plus it's a fun game

Pics of from my set: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151557267819903.1073741825.617329902&type=1&l=c9a6bd43d2