WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

May the 4th Be on Your TV

The original trilogy on Blu-ray! That other trilogy on Blu-ray! Clone Wars out the Wampa! And soundtracks, oh yes, soundtracks! The more time you spend in the fascinating, ultimately just Star Wars universe, the less time you have to spend in our drab, capricious one.

Quality Posts

geoffvanleeuwen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geoffvanleeuwen

The original triligy is $1 cheaper at amazon, including 2-day shipping if you have prime.
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Original-Trilogy-Episodes/dp/B000PMLFRA

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

AbEnd

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AbEnd

Since the Star Wars Holiday Special is not included, this offering is meaningless.

masshuum

quality posts: 19 Private Messages masshuum

These prices are actually rather shameful across the board...

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

These are not the prices you are looking for

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Nesher

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Nesher

So if I buy the separate Blu-Ray box set of each trilogy, that's $58, but if I buy them together as a single box set ("The Complete Saga") I get the special pricing of only $79! Wow!

... hey, wait a minute...

bodugok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bodugok

bet its not the 'original' original trilogy. but the ruined 'special edition' version.

natedogg828

Nesher wrote:So if I buy the separate Blu-Ray box set of each trilogy, that's $58, but if I buy them together as a single box set ("The Complete Saga") I get the special pricing of only $79! Wow!

I belive there is bonus material in the full set that is not included on the individual trilogy releases

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!

natedogg828

bodugok wrote:bet its not the 'original' original trilogy. but the ruined 'special edition' version.

worse, added even more things to the already bad changes

lgbtech

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lgbtech

There is a very handy chart at the bottom of the product description for Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] (1977) at Amazon that indicates which sets include the original theatrical releases. Sadly none of the blue ray sets include them.

tireseus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tireseus
bodugok wrote:bet its not the 'original' original trilogy. but the ruined 'special edition' version.

Han shot firtht.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Nesher wrote:So if I buy the separate Blu-Ray box set of each trilogy, that's $58, but if I buy them together as a single box set ("The Complete Saga") I get the special pricing of only $79! Wow!

The Complete Saga has a lot of extras in it. You can see on this page that the individual Trilogies have 3 discs each. The Complete Saga has 9 discs and a booklet.

Amazon site for Complete Saga

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mattdruid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattdruid

The "Original" series is actually the ones edited with a bunch of garbage that ruins the movies. Better to hold off and hope they release a Blu-Ray version of the true original versions.

Dadoboy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dadoboy
geoffvanleeuwen wrote:The original triligy is $1 cheaper at amazon, including 2-day shipping if you have prime.
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Original-Trilogy-Episodes/dp/B000PMLFRA

I see it as $32.99 vs Woot's $29.99.

]

chasej15

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chasej15

It's a trap!

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006
Dadoboy wrote:I see it as $32.99 vs Woot's $29.99.

$29.99+$5 shipping

Buffbill_ox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buffbill_ox

All I want to know is do any of these have the Original movies as I would of seen them in the 70's and 80's in the movie theater. No changes to ewokes songs or stupid actors as ghosts.

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

Dadoboy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Dadoboy
spitfire6006006 wrote:$29.99+$5 shipping

Ah yeah, I forgot that extra feature that they want us to believe is a warm and fuzzy benefit. And I'm surprised that the Mods haven't chimed in and said what a great deal that they always get us, just not this one item.

http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5430644&pageindex=1&replycount=3#post5430735

Bring back the old Woot!

]

k2wananb

quality posts: 12 Private Messages k2wananb

Not really a deal...

calculon68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calculon68

If the trilogies were $20 and the nine-disc Complete Saga set $60, this would be a deal. Kinda non-plussed about the original score CD prices too. (used music stores will carry SW music in abundance)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Dadoboy wrote:Ah yeah, I forgot that extra feature that they want us to believe is a warm and fuzzy benefit. And I'm surprised that the Mods haven't chimed in and said what a great deal that they always get us, just not this one item.

http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5430644&pageindex=1&replycount=3#post5430735

Bring back the old Woot!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

zackeeus

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zackeeus

I am altering the deal...Pray I don't alter it any further.

marvinbeaverdip

quality posts: 3 Private Messages marvinbeaverdip

I bought the bluray set listed here last year as a May the 4th special on a different site (newegg, I think). It's pretty cool, although it IS the altered movies. Maybe Disney will re-re-release the originals in their unaltered form? All that said, I paid less than this last year. Not much of a sale.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
zackeeus wrote:I am altering the deal...Pray I don't alter it any further.

I find your lack of quality post disturbing...

+1

spacezorro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacezorro

I'm waiting for Disney to release the "Diamond edition anniversary super blu-ray set spectacular!!!1!!" with Theatrical versions included and that will be the last money I spend on Star Wars movies.

I don't want the "better" ones.
I want my ones.

rtbarr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rtbarr

To get the "original trilogy" I believe you need the LaserDisc set (and a working LaserDisc player).

Check that auction site for both the discs and the player. Of course, it is not HD TV.

dzdcnfsd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dzdcnfsd
rtbarr wrote:To get the "original trilogy" I believe you need the LaserDisc set (and a working LaserDisc player).

Check that auction site for both the discs and the player. Of course, it is not HD TV.

I possess both of those things. Those are definitely the droids you are looking for, except low res.

testudoaubreii

quality posts: 13 Private Messages testudoaubreii

I've got the original trilogy on VHS from back when they'd just cleaned up the image quality but before they'd added stupid stuff. The Leonard Maltin interviews at the beginning of each tape weren't ideal, but what can you do.

Well, what you can do is get a fancy machine/doodad and transfer the VHS to a disc but that seems a little convoluted at this point (and I'd have to move the VCR, and that's just not going to happen).

jrs1980

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980
rtbarr wrote:To get the "original trilogy" I believe you need the LaserDisc set (and a working LaserDisc player).

There actually was an original DVD release once upon a time. It was included as an "extra" with the individual movies. It was released in '06-ish. That is the set I own.

If I'd had the money, I'd have bought like, four sets for future auction site selling. Each one could pay for a very nice dinner. Ah, well.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

the trilogy sets are cheaper on amazon. with better shipping.

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

sdownin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sdownin

According to Lucas the "Special Edition" of the original trilogy is the version he'd have made if he had the technology back in the late-70s and early-80s. As far as he was concerned, the SE was THE correct Star Wars. The original version was incomplete. And if he could help it, the Eps IV-VI would never be available in their original form again.

It remains to be seen whether Disney will honor Lucas's wishes on that front, or honor the fans desire for a fully restored, BluRay (and eventually 4K) cut of IV-VI in their original theatrical form.

rkbergman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rkbergman

You can find the de-specialized editions of the original three with remastered sound and video floating around in the Internet...

eddythebug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddythebug

I concur! I want the un-messed-around-with version!

keysersozae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keysersozae

It is the ruined version.

From the Amazon reviews for this product: "...the 2004 release which DOES NOT CONTAIN THE ORIGINAL UNALTERED VERSIONS. The box image is silver and has Darth Vader's mask on the box. This set ONLY contains the SE along with a 4th bonus disc of making of features and trailers and a sneak peak at episode III. If you want the trilogy set that contains both the SE and the unaltered versions but no bonus features, make sure when purchasing from Amazon, that the picture is a picture of Darth Vader and Luke clashing with light sabers and the box has a lot of blue coloring. It also says IV V VI along the bottom. Scroll down to DVD info and it should say release date: 2008. THAT is the version you are looking for.

If you place an order on the Trilogy with the Silver box with Darth Vaders mask on it, you are going to get the 2004 release of the trilogy and that's probably not the one you want... This review is going to appear on both sets though... So make sure before you buy, that you are on the correct trilogy page. Check the picture. Check the release date."

colbinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colbinator
spacezorro wrote:I'm waiting for Disney to release the "Diamond edition anniversary super blu-ray set spectacular!!!1!!" with Theatrical versions included and that will be the last money I spend on Star Wars movies.

Get it now before it goes back in the Disney Vault!

silence1534

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silence1534
jrs1980 wrote:There actually was an original DVD release once upon a time. It was included as an "extra" with the individual movies. It was released in '06-ish. That is the set I own.

If I'd had the money, I'd have bought like, four sets for future auction site selling. Each one could pay for a very nice dinner. Ah, well.

You are correct, as I own the same set. I bought it on eBay a few years ago for $39.99, and the same set is going around on Amazon for like $199. Who would've thought?

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
keysersozae wrote:It is the ruined version.

From the Amazon reviews for this product: "...the 2004 release which DOES NOT CONTAIN THE ORIGINAL UNALTERED VERSIONS. The box image is silver and has Darth Vader's mask on the box. This set ONLY contains the SE along with a 4th bonus disc of making of features and trailers and a sneak peak at episode III. If you want the trilogy set that contains both the SE and the unaltered versions but no bonus features, make sure when purchasing from Amazon, that the picture is a picture of Darth Vader and Luke clashing with light sabers and the box has a lot of blue coloring. It also says IV V VI along the bottom. Scroll down to DVD info and it should say release date: 2008. THAT is the version you are looking for.

If you place an order on the Trilogy with the Silver box with Darth Vaders mask on it, you are going to get the 2004 release of the trilogy and that's probably not the one you want... This review is going to appear on both sets though... So make sure before you buy, that you are on the correct trilogy page. Check the picture. Check the release date."

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trilogy-Widescreen-Theatrical-Edition/dp/B001EN71DG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1368039253&sr=8-5&keywords=star+wars+trilogy

?