WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

May the 4th be a Framed Star Wars Poster on Your Wall

Can you call yourself a Star Wars fan without these hanging in your home? Well, yes, because so far, there is no internationally recognized fan-accrediting body. But you better be equipped, just in case one forms. You don't want to have to explain your lack of Star Wars movie posters to a jury in The Hague.

wootyougot

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wootyougot

These are awesome. Great frame work and heavy duty. Perfect for the movie lover.

I bought the OG Trilogy set last time. I am so Glad I did.

aaronf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronf
wootyougot wrote:These are awesome. Great frame work and heavy duty. Perfect for the movie lover.

I bought the OG Trilogy set last time. I am so Glad I did.

I only have room for two on my wall... decisions... what two original trilogy would look nice side by side?

huntnrbt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huntnrbt

Bought the entire set last time they came up (except for the most classic of the bunch which sold out as I worked my way down the page!)

Frame is fine, with board / poster stapled to the back of it (don't count on taking these apart...it's a one-way trip for these posters)

Comment on print quality...it varied between the posters. Two had substantial printer lines (like on an inkjet printer) running the length of the posters, a few others were flawless in this regard. Most had some printer lining to some degree, but the width varied and for some it was only noticeable when up close.

Front covering is plastic (looks fine, no complaints).

Shipping packaging was very secure. I saved the boxes for my next move.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Can't say enough nice things about these. They look incredible. Better to get Star Wars on the wall than art deco painting of a fruit bowl.

williagr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages williagr

So I don't want to be that guy, but the lightsabers are switched in this poster...

shminkshmink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shminkshmink
williagr wrote:So I don't want to be that guy, but the lightsabers are switched in this poster...

Good catch. I saw that too. Unless it is foreshadowing his ultimate return from the darkside back into the light.

shminkshmink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shminkshmink
shminkshmink wrote:Good catch. I saw that too. Unless it is foreshadowing his ultimate return from the darkside back into the light.

Yeah Right...Printer Error.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
ROGETRAY wrote:Is it weird that I want to buy EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE POSTERS?!?!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Exalted

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exalted
huntnrbt wrote:Comment on print quality...it varied between the posters. Two had substantial printer lines (like on an inkjet printer) running the length of the posters, a few others were flawless in this regard. Most had some printer lining to some degree, but the width varied and for some it was only noticeable when up close.

This is the only thing stopping me from buying these.
What did you do with the poorly printed posters? Did Woot allow you to exchange them for better quality prints?

flood254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flood254

Why the Ding Dong! are these so expensive? You can buy every one of these posters for about $15 on Amazon and get the frames from them from Hobby Lobby on sale for about $25. This is ridiculous.

scottbails

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottbails

The "Revenge" of the Jedi one is interesting, as that was the original title of Episode 6, which was later changed to "Return" of the Jedi.

Hmmm....

cmatthewb102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmatthewb102

This is the 3rd time I've tried to buy some of these. And everytime the money gets debited, then credited back to my account. Tried my paypal account, debit card, shipping to 3 different houses. And even made a new account on Woot. Emailed Woot, posted to Facebook, and everytime I get "We're looking into it" to no prevail. I quit Woot.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Hello Clay,
I'm sure that woot will do its best to figure out what's going on. Have you asked your bank if they're withholding purchases made from woot due to possible "suspicious" activity?

cmatthewb102 wrote:This is the 3rd time I've tried to buy some of these. And everytime the money gets debited, then credited back to my account. Tried my paypal account, debit card, shipping to 3 different houses. And even made a new account on Woot. Emailed Woot, posted to Facebook, and everytime I get "We're looking into it" to no prevail. I quit Woot.

that was fun while it lasted!

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps

Have you considered that the problem is on your end, and therefore not something Woot can solve? I mean that sounds like a rather specific issue, not a general glitch. Not sure why you're blaming these guys, they'd love nothing more than to take your money. Have you tried your bank?

cmatthewb102 wrote:This is the 3rd time I've tried to buy some of these. And everytime the money gets debited, then credited back to my account. Tried my paypal account, debit card, shipping to 3 different houses. And even made a new account on Woot. Emailed Woot, posted to Facebook, and everytime I get "We're looking into it" to no prevail. I quit Woot.

danielisawinner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielisawinner

CS Rep here to say: We're looking into it. We promise.

I'm looking at your account, and I'm passing this information on to our verification department to see if we can get this worked out.

In the meantime, feel free to shoot us an email through our support page and we'll try to solve this.

freddieb1983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freddieb1983

About Star Wars Movie Posters

"The posters for the original Star Wars trilogy were every bit as iconic and thrilling as the movies they advertised. But the posters for the prequels went even further: they were actually better than the movies they advertised."

BWAAAHAHAHAHHAAH so true woot, so true

freddieb1983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freddieb1983
shminkshmink wrote:Yeah Right...Printer Error.

why are you replying to yourself?

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

I got one for the VHS release of the original movie back in the early '80. It's the Hildebrandt brothers one.

I don't have it up, though, because it's huge.

huntnrbt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huntnrbt
Exalted wrote:This is the only thing stopping me from buying these.
What did you do with the poorly printed posters? Did Woot allow you to exchange them for better quality prints?

didn't ask, but they wouldn't have been able to replace them at the time...unless they want to fix it now hint hint