niftyfifty

quality posts: 14 Private Messages niftyfifty

I paid $80 for mine with the visor clip for my car and use it all the time....no probs and I've had it a few years, so it's an older model. Up to you...at this price, it's well worth it.

tkryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tkryan

I looked up the iPhone app on the App Store and the description states it only works with wireless leash plus - is that what woot is selling? Or is this the original wireless leash and will not work with the iPhone app?

Thanks!

AVspec

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AVspec
teamcoltra wrote:I think I am going to buy one, clip it to my shirt and put a star trek communicator badge over it.

Then I everyone will know that I am a badass.

Best idea ever! ;-)

bowlingb

quality posts: 22 Private Messages bowlingb
cyraxote wrote:What I was thinking of was more along the lines of: misplace phone; press button on device; phone app receives signal and causes the phone to make a noise.

Why wouldn't you just call your phone?

acraigl

quality posts: 62 Private Messages acraigl

Love the idea as a gift for my wife -- she sometimes forgets her phone when traveling.

The problem is the charging of this fob device. She just as routinely forgets to charge her phone, and would be no better keeping her keyring charged on a regular basis. For her, I'm confident the nuisance of charging would outweigh the benefit of the device.

I think what I need is a car-start-sound "Did you remember your phone?". Wait, forget I said that. It was my idea.

x2

susanrm

quality posts: 15 Private Messages susanrm

I bought two last time, one for myself and one for a gift. Had my doubts at first, because it was another device to think about when it was time to go to bed and turn airplane mode on. Also having to remember to keep it charged. But it has already saved me time and stress a couple of times when my keys went missing, once in a student's home when the keys were under some papers and it would've taken forever to find them.

Several people have expressed interest in it too and said they wanted one. I'm just not sure anyone in my family would have what it takes to maintain this thing, so I'm not sure whom to give it as a gift.

*Honest 200 Member* Sept. 2012 x2

ShadowTech

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ShadowTech
tkryan wrote:I looked up the iPhone app on the App Store and the description states it only works with wireless leash plus - is that what woot is selling? Or is this the original wireless leash and will not work with the iPhone app?

Thanks!

These appear to be the "basic" Zomms, as the plus is only offered in 1 color (and only Android is mentioned in the description). As for the differences between them, I can't see anything aside from the $10 bump in pricing on their website and the iphone app compatibility.

It seems the only thing you'll be missing not having the app is the ability to set off the Zomm's alarm to "find your keys".. that is, if you're still within the bluetooth range and the device is actually paired.

\o/

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear

Will it work with Sykpe? That's how I
Take most of my calls now so its not so useful to me if it doesn't. -Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Neotacha

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Neotacha
bowlingb wrote:Why wouldn't you just call your phone?

Oh, don't go bringing logic and simple solutions into the discussion!

zommtech

quality posts: 7 Private Messages zommtech
niftyfifty wrote:I paid $80 for mine with the visor clip for my car and use it all the time....no probs and I've had it a few years, so it's an older model. Up to you...at this price, it's well worth it.

Yes, with Woot volume purchasing they can offer both ZOMM Wireless Leash and the Safe Driving Kit at this amazing price point.

trohr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trohr

Will the app allow you to send a signal to the ZOM to find your key/ZOM?

zommtech

trohr wrote:Will the app allow you to send a signal to the ZOM to find your key/ZOM?

Yes.
Or you can turn off Bluetooth from your phone and the ZOMM (attached to your key ring) will sound off, allowing you to find your keys. Many use that feature.

vttroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vttroy

Hey Zommtech,
I was just mildly interested until I read your posts. Your comments seem sincere to me, and you have shown remarkable patience explaining your device to people spending their morning attacking a $30 phone gadget. Good job. In for one!

johnhatchett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnhatchett

I bought two of these earlier on Woot.

After the novelty wore off in a couple of days I have not found them to be useful. Because I had to keep turning the unit off every time I entered the car (integrated bluetooth handsfree) it doesn't get turned back on afterwards. If it had some firmware to automagically disable/enable based on bt mac address of my vehicle, maybe.

The android app doesn't work with my phone's earlier version of android so some of the functionality isn't available as well.

Both units are gathering dust in the sock drawer now.

knugs11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knugs11

Does this have the ability to send an FM signal? So I can us the Bluetooth connection to listen to the songs on my phone or so I can have phone calls come through my car speakers?

zommtech

johnhatchett wrote:I bought two of these earlier on Woot.

After the novelty wore off in a couple of days I have not found them to be useful. Because I had to keep turning the unit off every time I entered the car (integrated bluetooth handsfree) it doesn't get turned back on afterwards. If it had some firmware to automagically disable/enable based on bt mac address of my vehicle, maybe.

The android app doesn't work with my phone's earlier version of android so some of the functionality isn't available as well.

Both units are gathering dust in the sock drawer now.

Thank you for your purchase. Many use ZOMM for different reasons be it the out of range alarm, finding keys, using as a speakerphone or dialing emergency assistance.
Please update your Android app as we've recently update ours to work with all versions. Thanks again.

zommtech

knugs11 wrote:Does this have the ability to send an FM signal? So I can us the Bluetooth connection to listen to the songs on my phone or so I can have phone calls come through my car speakers?

Not at this time.

paulgraz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages paulgraz

OK Mr Zommtech - you've almost sold me. The product sounds good and seems to be a good value at this price. You've got iphone and android apps. Tell me about the Blackberry app and you've got a sale...

zommtech

vttroy wrote:Hey Zommtech,
I was just mildly interested until I read your posts. Your comments seem sincere to me, and you have shown remarkable patience explaining your device to people spending their morning attacking a $30 phone gadget. Good job. In for one!

Thank you very much!

toddgriffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toddgriffin
zommtech wrote:Thank you very much!

All iPhone users please notice that zommtech has conveniently not responded to any of the questions about their IOS app not working with the model currently available on woot!. On an iphone, some functions will work, but not all the app-related features like triggering an alarm on your phone to find it when lost like you can on an Android. Just be aware....

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
niftyfifty wrote:I paid $80 for mine with the visor clip for my car and use it all the time....no probs and I've had it a few years, so it's an older model. Up to you...at this price, it's well worth it.

Hey guys I paid $80 for mine therefore this is a great deal!

beebles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beebles
toddgriffin wrote:All iPhone users please notice that zommtech has conveniently not responded to any of the questions about their IOS app not working with the model currently available on woot!. On an iphone, some functions will work, but not all the app-related features like triggering an alarm on your phone to find it when lost like you can on an Android. Just be aware....

I noticed this as well and removed it from my cart.

ajrush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajrush

Shoulda used an Android phone in the picture? :P

Sup?

secretagentjojo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages secretagentjojo

Maybe they ONLY have a cellphone. I don't have a landline. If you live alone and only have a cellphone what is your solution? Don't be so quick to judge.

cyraxote

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cyraxote

Not everybody has two phones available...

zommtech

toddgriffin wrote:All iPhone users please notice that zommtech has conveniently not responded to any of the questions about their IOS app not working with the model currently available on woot!. On an iphone, some functions will work, but not all the app-related features like triggering an alarm on your phone to find it when lost like you can on an Android. Just be aware....

All features of the current model on Woot work with all phones with Bluetooth, including the out of range alarm, speakerphone with noise canceling microphone and emergency dialing.

To use "find my keys" you can turn off Bluetooth from any phone to make the ZOMM sound an alarm and if connected to your keys, they may be found.

The IOS app does not work with this model, but you can still customize the same with our online myzomm utility. Just plug your ZOMM into your computer with the USB cable included in this offer and within seconds receive free updates and the ability to customize your settings and change your emergency number.

If you want the IOS version that allows the app, it sells online for $79.95. If you add the safe driving kit with the quick release key chain, USB car charger, cable and visor clip, add $29.95 online for a total of $109.90 plus shipping and handling.

OR, buy this model on Woot in Pink, White or Black for $29.99 for both the ZOMM wireless leash and safe driving kit.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass

Convenience/immediacy.

I love bacon!

lethargicmass

knugs11 wrote:Does this have the ability to send an FM signal? So I can us the Bluetooth connection to listen to the songs on my phone or so I can have phone calls come through my car speakers?

Or subspace? Can I send this to my cousin in another galaxy so he can listen to my music over a subspace wave?

I love bacon!

lethargicmass

paulgraz wrote:OK Mr Zommtech - you've almost sold me. The product sounds good and seems to be a good value at this price. You've got iphone and android apps. Tell me about the Blackberry app and you've got a sale...

Not on BB10 so that you can sideload the Android app? If not, you best not hold your breath waiting for any app developer at any company to invest resources in OS5, 6, or 7. I know I'm not, as I sit here staring at my never-moving-past-OS5 Storm2.

I love bacon!

lethargicmass

If you had read all of the comments, you would have noticed that the Zomm tech posted an earlier response that included the simple workaround to this issue: Turn off the bluetooth on your phone, and the Zomm will go off. Problem solved, with no anti-iPhone conspiracy needed.

I love bacon!

jrwofuga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrwofuga

I want to buy one of these for my wife since she uses her phone on her commute.

She has an iPhone 4.

What Zomm features will work and which ones won't?

Thanks.

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
paulgraz wrote:OK Mr Zommtech - you've almost sold me. The product sounds good and seems to be a good value at this price. You've got iphone and android apps. Tell me about the Blackberry app and you've got a sale...

Lol blackberry fail

zommtech

jrwofuga wrote:I want to buy one of these for my wife since she uses her phone on her commute.

She has an iPhone 4.

What Zomm features will work and which ones won't?

Thanks.

All features on this model will work with all phones with Bluetooth, including your wife's iPhone 4. The out of range alarm so she won't walk away or misplace her phone, the speaker phone and noise canceling microphone for conversations and the emergency dialer.

If she want's to update her phone or change settings, she can plug her ZOMM into her computer with the cable included in this offer and go online to Myzomm for free updates and customization.

Hope she enjoys!

colormeconfused

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colormeconfused

Would this work in reverse? If you misplace your keys, can you use the App to find it? Also, does this work with iPhones?

lilyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilyt

Ok, in for 1 considering 2, thanks to all the good questions and the patient and helpful help from the Zomm rep.

Since this is bluetooth, is it true that this works even if the phone is disconnected from service or out of range of service? Because then I can give each of the kids an old phone and be alerted if they've gotten too far away from me in a crowded venue (playground, amusement park, mall, etc). And then I would be in for 3 :-)

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
zommtech2 wrote:The Wireless Leash will work with Windows phone 8, as it will with any phone that supports Bluetooth.

How about an APP for WP8? I don't see one available on your site. Any plan for one?

Thanks

zommtech

lilyt wrote:Ok, in for 1 considering 2, thanks to all the good questions and the patient and helpful help from the Zomm rep.

Since this is bluetooth, is it true that this works even if the phone is disconnected from service or out of range of service? Because then I can give each of the kids an old phone and be alerted if they've gotten too far away from me in a crowded venue (playground, amusement park, mall, etc). And then I would be in for 3 :-)

Thank you.

To dial emergency assistance or alarm when you walk away from your phone, it must be connected to your phone. The panic alarm (less the dialing of emergency assistance) works on its own without being connected.

One of our reps uses with his toddler. We were at a conference a few months ago and he placed his ZOMM inside his 3 year old's pocket and every time his 3 year old walked away, the alarm went off. Very creative!

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza
vttroy wrote:Hey Zommtech,

Same here, in for two.

lilyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilyt
zommtech wrote:Thank you.

To dial emergency assistance or alarm when you walk away from your phone, it must be connected to your phone. The panic alarm (less the dialing of emergency assistance) works on its own without being connected.

One of our reps uses with his toddler. We were at a conference a few months ago and he placed his ZOMM inside his 3 year old's pocket and every time his 3 year old walked away, the alarm went off. Very creative!

Yes, sorry, I was unclear in my post - being so focused on my question. Than you for adding extra information as well as clarifying and answering my question!

Good idea in a quiet environment to give the Zomm to the kid, so you can still use your phone. Now you should make an app where you can choose to have the *phone* sound the alarm, too, when the Zomm is separated.

Thank you!

Mike3506

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mike3506

Good mother's day gift-- but will it arrive in time??