1bigdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1bigdog

The Zomm is a piece of crap! I bought one, and tried to use it. It had false alarms, and then didn't work when I walked away from my phone. Just not worth the bother and money.

zommtech

quality posts: 7 Private Messages zommtech
Mike3506 wrote:Good mother's day gift-- but will it arrive in time??

Yes, in time for Mother's Day. We ship the day after the sale.

zommtech

1bigdog wrote:The Zomm is a piece of crap! I bought one, and tried to use it. It had false alarms, and then didn't work when I walked away from my phone. Just not worth the bother and money.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, however, we have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers in the U.S. and abroad.

Hopefully you were able to take advantage of our free customer service, toll-free number and online support.

zommtech2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zommtech2
pseudogourmet98 wrote:1. iPhone app too?
2. Does the leash work like the "find my iPhone" app?
3. when you say this requires a Bluetooth connection, does that mean if the phone and keys (with device) are too far apart to make the connection the alarm will not work?

We do have an iPhone app. However, only the Wireless Leash Plus has the special hardware needed to work with it. There is no such requirement for Android and the Wireless Leash with work with the Android app.

It can work sort of like the Find my iPhone app, in that you can make the phone alarm to locate it.

Without a Bluetooth connection, you won't be able to trigger an alarm, however, when the Bluetooth connection is lost, the alarm is triggered.

zommtech2

tkryan wrote:I looked up the iPhone app on the App Store and the description states it only works with wireless leash plus - is that what woot is selling? Or is this the original wireless leash and will not work with the iPhone app?

Thanks!

The Woot sale is for the Wireless Leash, which will work with the Android app.

zommtech

zommtech2 wrote:We do have an iPhone app. However, only the Wireless Leash Plus has the special hardware needed to work with it. There is no such requirement for Android and the Wireless Leash with work with the Android app.

It can work sort of like the Find my iPhone app, in that you can make the phone alarm to locate it.

Without a Bluetooth connection, you won't be able to trigger an alarm, however, when the Bluetooth connection is lost, the alarm is triggered.

ZOMM is proactive so you don't loose your phone in the first place, not reactive like find my phone.

zommtech2

flamespear wrote:Will it work with Sykpe? That's how I
Take most of my calls now so its not so useful to me if it doesn't. -Samsung Galaxy Nexus

It may work with Skype. However, we can't guarantee support. It will work with your mobile phone like any other Bluetooth hands-free device, so it depends on the phone.

DaDuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DaDuck

I see conflicting answers regarding making the phone make noise by using the fob. Do you have to have an android app to do so or can a windows 8 phone be made to alert?

zommtech2

DaDuck wrote:I see conflicting answers regarding making the phone make noise by using the fob. Do you have to have an android app to do so or can a windows 8 phone be made to alert?

Making the phone alarm requires an app. We do not have a Windows 8 app. The Wireless Leash's features work with a standard Bluetooth connection with any mobile phone. The app is not required to make it work with a mobile phone. However, to make the phone alarm, this does require the app.

ugrasse2

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ugrasse2
dliidlii wrote:Hey guys I paid $80 for mine therefore this is a great deal!

Uhm no. Bad logic. Maybe you're just a sucker?

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn
teamcoltra wrote:I think I am going to buy one, clip it to my shirt and put a star trek communicator badge over it.

Then I everyone will know that I am a badass.

This is one of the times I wish there was a "LIKE" button

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71
1bigdog wrote:The Zomm is a piece of crap! I bought one, and tried to use it. It had false alarms, and then didn't work when I walked away from my phone. Just not worth the bother and money.

You have to carry the ZOMM with you when you walk away for it to work. lol

Seriously, did you at least try to contact ZOMM regarding your problems? You possibly got a defective one.

Just by their appearance to answer questions during today's woot! it seems they would be more than happy to accommodate someone who had problems if they were nice about it. The ZOMM has a 1 year warranty after all.

iguana71

Bump for ZOMM Rep reply.

iguana71 wrote:How about an APP for WP8? I don't see one available on your site. Any plan for one?

Thanks

note2001

quality posts: 27 Private Messages note2001
acraigl wrote:Love the idea as a gift for my wife -- she sometimes forgets her phone when traveling.

The problem is the charging of this fob device. She just as routinely forgets to charge her phone, and would be no better keeping her keyring charged on a regular basis. For her, I'm confident the nuisance of charging would outweigh the benefit of the device.

I think what I need is a car-start-sound "Did you remember your phone?". Wait, forget I said that. It was my idea.

IMHO, this is just another piece of tech to further complicate our lives. IMHO, the company that successfully figures out how to simplify our lives will win the tech war.

zommtech

ugrasse2 wrote:Uhm no. Bad logic. Maybe you're just a sucker?

Yes, woot has amazing purchasing power. Great deal!!

iguana71

note2001 wrote:IMHO, this is just another piece of tech to further complicate our lives. IMHO, the company that successfully figures out how to simplify our lives will win the tech war.

If this tech item seems complicated to you, maybe removing all tech from your life would simplify it? Just sayin'.

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir
vttroy wrote:Hey Zommtech, I was just mildly interested until I read your posts. Your comments seem sincere to me, and you have shown remarkable patience explaining your device to people spending their morning attacking a $30 phone gadget. Good job. In for one!

heaven forbid someone point out many of the flaws in this device and bring light to issues that will affect customers that are not mentioned in the description. I really hope you don't live your life by how sincere comments on the Internet sound. even then a sincere salesman doesn't make the product good.

zommtech

djrmsn wrote:This is one of the times I wish there was a "LIKE" button

We are working on that as well...

iguana71

terminatorgir wrote:heaven forbid someone point out many of the flaws in this device and bring light to issues that will affect customers that are not mentioned in the description...

What are these "many" flaws you claim INSIDE of what the description of the product claims it can do (please be specific)? I think you and a few other "internet experts" are making assumptions of what it should be able do and calling it a flaw.

For example, if a person is clueless about their phone's hardware capabilities such as only 1 BT device connected at a time, why is that a flaw of the ZOMM as opposed to the phone manufacturer (who could have made it recognize more than 1) or the manufacturer of the other BT device you may have to temporarily disconnect to use the ZOMM.

The same rationale goes for the different ZOMM capabilities under the different phone OS platforms. If anything is flawed, I'd say it's your logic.

No product is perfect but I don't see ZOMM claiming its product can do anything outside of its description here.

Kathie1946

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kathie1946

I have a Sprint EVO android and in September looking at a different android from Sprint, possably a GALAZY S. Will this work on all android phones. I am having trouble with my wireless bluetooth headset not connecting. Also how does the quick release key fob work. I don't always drive when I go some place but my phone always has a front seat in my purse. Also I have a key finder attached to my keys. Will that be a problem?

zommtech2

Kathie1946 wrote:I have a Sprint EVO android and in September looking at a different android from Sprint, possably a GALAZY S. Will this work on all android phones. I am having trouble with my wireless bluetooth headset not connecting. Also how does the quick release key fob work. I don't always drive when I go some place but my phone always has a front seat in my purse. Also I have a key finder attached to my keys. Will that be a problem?

The Wireless Leash will work with all Android phones, and the myZOMM app will work on Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread) or greater. If you have any trouble, contact our customer service and they'll help you out.

The quick release keychain is a hub with 4 key rings. You can quickly detach any of the key rings from the hub, when taking the Wireless Leash off of your keys to put in the visor clip for example.

Unless your key finder uses Bluetooth technology, there will not be any conflict with the Wireless Leash.

zommtech

Kathie1946 wrote:I have a Sprint EVO android and in September looking at a different android from Sprint, possably a GALAZY S. Will this work on all android phones. I am having trouble with my wireless bluetooth headset not connecting. Also how does the quick release key fob work. I don't always drive when I go some place but my phone always has a front seat in my purse. Also I have a key finder attached to my keys. Will that be a problem?

This will work with all phones with Bluetooth, including the versions of Android you mention.

The quick release key chain allows for quick release of one or several keys and/or your ZOMM without having to "fish it" around a metal circle to take on and off. Very convenient.

Your key finder should not be a problem, depending on how your phone handles Bluetooth connections (assuming your key finder uses Bluetooth).

Thank you

gershyfrumie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gershyfrumie

Does this work with the samsung galaxy s3?

Kathie1946

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kathie1946
zommtech wrote:This will work with all phones with Bluetooth, including the versions of Android you mention.

The quick release key chain allows for quick release of one or several keys and/or your ZOMM without having to "fish it" around a metal circle to take on and off. Very convenient.

Your key finder should not be a problem, depending on how your phone handles Bluetooth connections (assuming your key finder uses Bluetooth).

Thank you

Thank you for the quick answer. Now I just have one more problem....WHICH COLOR!!!!!! After the left side of my brain said white and my right side said pink I went with the right side of my brain sinces I'm left handed. So I ordered the pink.

zommtech

Kathie1946 wrote:Thank you for the quick answer. Now I just have one more problem....WHICH COLOR!!!!!! After the left side of my brain said white and my right side said pink I went with the right side of my brain sinces I'm left handed. So I ordered the pink.

Nice! Your logic is sound.

zommtech

gershyfrumie wrote:Does this work with the samsung galaxy s3?

Yes, with Bluetooth on and Gingerbread or newer.

whoop1995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whoop1995

You can't use anything else that is Bluetooth while this is synced to your phone. That means your other hands free devices such as ones installed on cars will not work.

zommtech

whoop1995 wrote:You can't use anything else that is Bluetooth while this is synced to your phone. That means your other hands free devices such as ones installed on cars will not work.

Depending on the phone, you can use this with other Bluetooth devices in your car. The iPhone for instance allows multiple Bluetooth devices connected at the same time, in or out of the car.

If you have a phone that does not manage BT devices that way, then turn ZOMM off in the car and back on when you leave with a simple 3 second button press. It will automatically reconnect when turned back on in a matter of seconds.

ShadowTech

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ShadowTech
zommtech wrote:Thanks for sharing your opinion, however, we have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers in the U.S. and abroad.

"Hundreds of thousands" of these devices supposedly owned, yet there's maybe a collective 300 reviews out there for it, a majority of them being negative. Sure more people post reviews online to complain, but if there are that many devices out there, you would definitely see more reviews than there are, positive or negative.

The apps haven't been downloaded more than 10,000 times (don't forget some of those are probably redownloads too). The iTunes store doesn't even have a rating for it there's been so few reviews there, and Tin Mans love their useless gadgets and apps. I'm guessing those numbers of "satisfied customers" are as bloated as the "BILLIONS" of "media impressions".

\o/

zommtech

iguana71 wrote:What are these "many" flaws you claim INSIDE of what the description of the product claims it can do (please be specific)? I think you and a few other "internet experts" are making assumptions of what it should be able do and calling it a flaw.

For example, if a person is clueless about their phone's hardware capabilities such as only 1 BT device connected at a time, why is that a flaw of the ZOMM as opposed to the phone manufacturer (who could have made it recognize more than 1) or the manufacturer of the other BT device you may have to temporarily disconnect to use the ZOMM.

The same rationale goes for the different ZOMM capabilities under the different phone OS platforms. If anything is flawed, I'd say it's your logic.

No product is perfect but I don't see ZOMM claiming its product can do anything outside of its description here.

Thank you

johnhatchett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnhatchett
zommtech wrote:Thank you for your purchase. Many use ZOMM for different reasons be it the out of range alarm, finding keys, using as a speakerphone or dialing emergency assistance.
Please update your Android app as we've recently update ours to work with all versions. Thanks again.

Just checked and the MyZomm app is listed as incompatible with all my android devices.

zommtech

johnhatchett wrote:Just checked and the MyZomm app is listed as incompatible with all my android devices.

ZOMM currently supports all Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or higher. You may want to ask your provider if they will allow an upgrade to your phone or device if needed.

TJMaximus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TJMaximus

On a note only tangentially related to the ZOMM Wireless Bluetooth Cellphone Leash: Am I the only one who didn't receive the daily Woot email last night? Were Mortimer and Monte pre-gaming for Cinco de Mayo, and passed out drunk before the could send it?

zommtech

As this sale comes to an end, and on behalf of ZOMM, I would like to say what an enjoyable experience it has been interacting with the Woot community across the U.S.

Such a great company and amazing venue for receiving the best deals possible on quality products.

I hope everyone has a great week!

cyraxote

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cyraxote

Received the ZOMM, gave it a try, and it's not for me. It's too much trouble. Keeping it charged is a pain, and my phone will not re-pair with it automatically, as it does with my car bluetooth. As I think someone pointed out above, it's a complicated solution to a simple problem. If the ZOMM didn't need to be "managed," it would be a whole lot easier. As it is, it's just one more thing to keep track of.

If anyone would like my ZOMM, I'll sell it for $15 + postage (so like $20), and I am open to offers.

tacosauce1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tacosauce1

Zomm.com seems to be down for a while. Is it planned to be up soon?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tacosauce1 wrote:Zomm.com seems to be down for a while. Is it planned to be up soon?

It's working now.

http://www.zomm.com/

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

mgriffy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgriffy

Love the ZOMM. Not so happy with the quick connect or shall I say the quick disconnect key chain. Apparently my ZOMM quickly disconnected from the rest of my keys and is gone. It was great for the few days I had it.