WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Skagen Watches

FACT: if you don't know what time it is, you can't make the party. FACT: if you don't go to the party, you won't have any fun. EXTRAPOLATED THEORY: Without a Skagen watch, you won't have any fun. There you go. We've proven it with irrefutable logic.

durfinator

quality posts: 2 Private Messages durfinator

Well, I was intrigued by the blue dial, black band, solar-powerd mens watch (model# 833XLSLN), until I went to Amazon & found it *gasp* $13 cheaper with *gasp* free shipping! It does receive 4.5 stars on 6 confidence-inspiring and 2 "meh" reviews. I bought at Amazon.

I have not checked the other models, so they may be good deals. But, as always, buyer beware.

In this particular instance Woot! pricing has missed its target. O_o

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

durfinator wrote:Well, I was intrigued by the blue dial, black band, solar-powerd mens watch (model# 833XLSLN), until I went to Amazon & found it *gasp* $13 cheaper with *gasp* free shipping! It does receive 4.5 stars on 6 confidence-inspiring and 2 "meh" reviews. I bought at Amazon.

I have not checked the other models, so they may be good deals. But, as always, buyer beware.

In this particular instance Woot! pricing has missed its target. O_o

When the 80's music group Expose sang, "Seasons change, people change", I think they were really speaking to our competitors changing retails after an initial review of an item. In this case, Expose was right and I'll remove it from the sale. Good catch.

nansea53

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nansea53

The first two watches that sold out, don't show their sales stats. Were they pulled by woot?

newfiepage

quality posts: 43 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

nansea53 wrote:The first two watches that sold out, don't show their sales stats. Were they pulled by woot?

Yep.

Grim2k3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Grim2k3

I've had the Skagen 915XLBSB Men's Steel Matte, which I got off Amazon for around the same price, since early Feb. Love the watch, however, if you're buying a watch with color to it (black, blue, red, etc.) expect the color to rub off or fade fairly quickly under the wrist by the clasps. Other than that I get compliments all the time.

Ninkumpoop

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Ninkumpoop

I am visiting Denmark right now. Doubt I can find these watches for this price or less.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I have two Skagen watches. If you need a "dress" watch but don't want to spend a fortune, these fit the bill very nicely. Not chunky sport watches, not flashy, they (to me) look more expensive than they are. And very slim!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

Chicago71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chicago71

the stainless steel 853XLSSC is $75 on Amazon and free shipping. Is woot going to drop the price to make it a deal?
http://www.amazon.com/Skagen-853XLSSC-Stainless-Steel-Function/dp/B0040YLWV8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

"Qui Bono? Who benefits?"
"Qui gives a $#!#"

undfan421

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undfan421
Chicago71 wrote:the stainless steel 853XLSSC is $75 on Amazon and free shipping. Is woot going to drop the price to make it a deal?
http://www.amazon.com/Skagen-853XLSSC-Stainless-Steel-Function/dp/B0040YLWV8/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Seriously, Woot. Way to get me all excited about a deal on Skagens only to price most of them within 5-10% discount range of what Amazon is selling them at.

Bezalel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Bezalel
Ninkumpoop wrote:I am visiting Denmark right now. Doubt I can find these watches for this price or less.

That's because they're made in Japan for an American company.

Dilcue

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dilcue

I love my Skagen Titanium, however, they are not made in Denmark.

The brothers that founded the company are from Denmark, set up shop in Vegas, outsource assembly somewhere in Asia.

I still get frequent compliments on it. ;)

mtcanty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtcanty

These are always this price or cheaper on Amazon. Opened the page hoping for a real deal.

They're nice watches, though. I have a silver dial/black band that I'm wearing right now.

sbajaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbajaj

Skagen 914SDXC Women's Burgundy Ceramic Watch

Same watch at worldofwatches at $79.99 with free shipping.. had 4 skagen watches in my cart but i guess I would pass.

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?iq=1&bo_products_id=0&bo_products_variance_id=157864

roussie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages roussie

Woot! Why you do me like this!?!?!

I'm pretty convinced Skagen are the best watches money can buy. They're so light and a reasonable size unlike all other mens watches which are giant.

Just be careful with the ones that have a mesh metal band: it can bend pretty easily if you're not careful.

meinmaine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meinmaine

I wasn't able to wear a watch for years because my skin gets dermatitis when in contact with any metal that has nickel in it. This is a very common problem, apparently.

I got a Skagen titanium watch and have had zero problems with dermatitis. On top of that, the watch is light but sturdy, and nice looking. I would definitely recommend a Skagen titanium watch to anybody who has had skin problems from wearing other watches.

toddolinger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toddolinger

Received my watch yesterday and unfortunately it has some visible glue or sealer of some sort between the bezel and the crystal. Looks bad and makes me wonder if these watches were factory seconds or something. Got to say that given the marginal deals, lack of return policy, erroneous order fulfillment and dicey product quality of late, I am ready to ditch Woot. I'll pay a few bucks extra for a vendor that stands behind its products.

TMO

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

toddolinger wrote:Received my watch yesterday and unfortunately it has some visible glue or sealer of some sort between the bezel and the crystal. Looks bad and makes me wonder if these watches were factory seconds or something. Got to say that given the marginal deals, lack of return policy, erroneous order fulfillment and dicey product quality of late, I am ready to ditch Woot. I'll pay a few bucks extra for a vendor that stands behind its products.

Sorry you are unhappy with the product. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders