WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

MEElectronics Headphones

It's all about MEElectronics! And, be fair, when you're putting on headphones, you don't care about who else is in the world. You're front row center at a private show with a table for one. Why deny it? That's what headphones DO!

Quality Posts

• (9:28 PM, 5/6/2013) acowinthecrowd is a previous owner who adds to the discussion...

sarlizbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarlizbeth

I can't speak for any of these headphones specifically. I picked up the M31P's when they were on here recently, however, and I can say that their customer service is fantastic.

When I received my earbuds, I noticed a weird popping sound in the left bud. It was intermittent, and it took me awhile to figure out what I was doing when it happened: rubbing my shoes on the floor. They were really sensitive to static.

I emailed customer service, and the guy was really helpful. He sent me a replacement with no hassle, and a shipping label to send back the first set. Better yet, when that set came in with a loose connection, and the mic/button stopped working almost as soon as I had it out of the package, he sent me ANOTHER replacement. I quite like the headphones, even if it took me a bit to get a working set. And I get the impression that my experience wasn't typical.

lwang

quality posts: 30 Private Messages lwang
sarlizbeth wrote:I can't speak for any of these headphones specifically. I picked up the M31P's when they were on here recently, however, and I can say that their customer service is fantastic.

You are saying there is actually a company behind their product? I thought it was just some guy that calls around OEM factories in China and find out which of those generic headphones to put their logos on.

I actually ordered one of their earbuds a bit of a time ago and it had a small nick on the cable's casing, all the way to the braided reinforcement. I thought of getting it replaced, but then thought, this seemed like a no-name brand and the chance of having it replaced is nil, so I just lived with that little cut in the wire.

stevemcdoo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stevemcdoo

Purchased the RUN NYC bluetooth that are just a rebrand of these. Sound is decent for bluetooth, range is fantastic depending on obstacles. 30meters as stated inside home through walls but roughly 200meters at work which is mostly open space. If you work out in them, they don't dissipate heat from your head very well so have a fan nearby.

HoupaKing

quality posts: 6 Private Messages HoupaKing

Amazon got great reviews on the Bluetooth headphones.

4.2 out of 274 reviews, pretty impressive for Bluetooth headphones.

Amazon Reviews

Stay Hungry Stay Foolish

mrbarister

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mrbarister
stevemcdoo wrote:Purchased the RUN NYC bluetooth that are just a rebrand of these. Sound is decent for bluetooth, range is fantastic depending on obstacles. 30meters as stated inside home through walls but roughly 200meters at work which is mostly open space. If you work out in them, they don't dissipate heat from your head very well so have a fan nearby.

I also own the Run NYC. You can get them a little cheaper when Woot offers them. Expect your ears to sweat, as they are like pillows pressed against your ears. They look identical to the Meelectronics, and I'd be interested to know if they are. The sound is very good for bluetooth headpones. I'm no audiophile, but I'd say there is even a bit of sound stage to them. The bass does lack impact, but if you've never heard more expensive headphones you may disagree. My biggest complaint is that they would cut out when my phone was in my pocket or if I was running too fast (not that I can run faster than a bluetooth signal). Also the charging cable is USB to stereo, which isn't bad as long as you don't lose it. I prefer micro usb to stereo, as I can simply ask a friend to borrow their cellphone charger when I'm not home. I don't associate with iSheep (Apple users). :P

On a final note, the RX12s are great! They've got excellent sound for the under $10.00 category and even beat buds that are more expensive. The blue isn't is as bright as pictured. It's a rain cloud blue, almost lavender under some lights. They don't stay in my ears, but then again no earbuds ever do.

gcolwell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gcolwell

Also bought the RUN NYC bluetooth and from what I researched they are the same. The sound is fine for what I use them for. Mainly exercise. I like these for the gym or walking outside because they are much more comfortable than ear buds. They can get a little steamy around the ears, but I actually don't mind that as much as when sweat runs into my ear with ear buds on.

acowinthecrowd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acowinthecrowd

Another Run NYC owner, and I have been singing the praises of this headset since I got it. Battery life is great, except when it starts dinging low battery, you only have 5-10 more minutes, so if you just got to the gym, sucks for you.

I use them for calls, running, weight lifting, listening to the radio at work, music at home, and I again, have nothing but praise. You won't be disappointed.

spazzychippy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spazzychippy

I have the m6's, and they are FANTASTIC! Just about the only headphones that can handle an intense workout, cardio, jogging, pliometrics, yoga, and racquetball without slipping out.
The wire part of the cord you actually wrap OVER your ear, the best way to describe it is the old wire trash bag cable ties.
Even through sweat, jumps, and whatever I've tried to do to dislodge these dern things, they don't budge until I pull them out. Only headphones I've found that can handle it all.
Sound quality? fantastic. I purchased them after reading reviews of them being too "bassey" for some people, and thought "yeah, sounds perfect for me!" The sealed ear canal really helps the bass develop and "kick" in your ear.
Only warning? these are sealed ear headphones, and go in pretty deep into your ear canal, deeper than many other "ear buds" I know a few friends of mine find them uncomfortable when trying them on.

blissfool

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blissfool
mrbarister wrote:... I prefer micro usb to stereo, as I can simply ask a friend to borrow their cellphone charger when I'm not home. ...

I think you meant USB to Micro USB?

lwang

quality posts: 30 Private Messages lwang
spazzychippy wrote:I have the m6's, and they are FANTASTIC! Just about the only headphones that can handle an intense workout, cardio, jogging, pliometrics, yoga, and racquetball without slipping out.
The wire part of the cord you actually wrap OVER your ear, the best way to describe it is the old wire trash bag cable ties.
Even through sweat, jumps, and whatever I've tried to do to dislodge these dern things, they don't budge until I pull them out. Only headphones I've found that can handle it all.
Sound quality? fantastic. I purchased them after reading reviews of them being too "bassey" for some people, and thought "yeah, sounds perfect for me!" The sealed ear canal really helps the bass develop and "kick" in your ear.
Only warning? these are sealed ear headphones, and go in pretty deep into your ear canal, deeper than many other "ear buds" I know a few friends of mine find them uncomfortable when trying them on.

I have the M6 also, and although there was a mfg defect that shouldn't have passed QA (cut in the wire exposing the shield wire), and their sound quality was subpar compared to some sony and seinheisser clones. What I can say is that they were the most durable set I had, with its internally reinforced cable. The only reason I haven't used it in a while is because those triple insulating eartips catches easily and gets pulled off, and one of those times, I was not able to find where it fell off, and since it doesn't have std earbud attachments, I couldn't put one of the many std eartips I had around.

I don't know how the newer ones are made, but mine, being of clear plastic, I can clearly see the whole cable having a braided steel reinforcement running the whole wire.

bubsdaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsdaddy

The Air-fi 32 is awesome for this price. I am also a big fan of the RX12. I recommend you get both to save on shipping.

mrbarister

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mrbarister
blissfool wrote:I think you meant USB to Micro USB?

No, I meant what I said. I just wasn't very clear. I prefer the USB to Micro USB over the USB to stereo that these use.

MikeWeiner

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MikeWeiner

These appear pretty much identical to the RUN NYC headphones I got from here and they are AWESOME!!!

They are very comfortable, they work flawlessly, and the sound is sharp and clear.

A bit pricey, but worth it.

kmischka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmischka

CNET and I both really really like the MEE-21 on-ear (wired) headphones.

After way-too-much research and two disappointing "name brand" purchases, I decided to try CNET's favorite low-price headphone. Sold. Aside from sounding great, they're light, reasonably sturdy, and don't make you look like a wannabeDJ or a tween. Also - they don't entirely block the outside world, so they won't make you miss your metro stop or worse.

Since Woot's price is even better than amazon's, I'm getting a backup pair today.

CNET's review: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/meelectronics-ht-21-travel/4505-7877_7-34476524.html

kpmischka

flarestar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flarestar

I have the Air-Fi 32s. I absolutely love them. Great sound range and clarity, excellent volume, virtually zero sound leakage. Battery life is quite respectable - I mainly use these when I'm at the gym, hour or so each day, and I only have to charge them once a week or so.

Call quality is also great - the microphone is inset on the right earpiece, and despite as far as it is from your mouth it picks up like a champ with surprisingly little background noise.

I truly cannot recommend these enough.

dcigary

quality posts: 11 Private Messages dcigary

Dear Woot Gods,

For the love of all things holy, please, please, please bring these back so I can buy my wife a set! We were both very impressed and she really wants one now!