12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lrgraham14

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lrgraham14

Here's more info about RealXGear:
http://www.realxgear.com/what-is-realxgear/

Tired of refreshing the page during a wootoff? Save your f5 key by using mywoot.net

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

All the 'cool' kids are getting them!

bmrbill

quality posts: 138 Private Messages bmrbill

2 customer reviews at Amazon.

lichme

quality posts: 2867 Private Messages lichme

This is probably one of those things that you don't realize that you actually need, until you need it. Buy it, you'll find a use for it.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

wonder how fast they'll dry out in the desert

Supersox

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Supersox

I don't think these will be a *hot* seller... *insert rimshot here*

chadncrys

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chadncrys

This would be totally useful if I played naked sports - I don't get it.

piewarmer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages piewarmer

I wonder how effective these are as compared to the gel-filled neck coolers. I hike a lot and I'm really heat sensitive so am always looking for something to help keep me from overheating on the trail.

DarkZrobe

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DarkZrobe
Imagine4vr wrote:wonder how fast they'll dry out in the desert

Well the quicker they dry the cooler they will be...

HughHemington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages HughHemington

At 16.5" x 24", they aren't large enough to cover your head and even your neck! Why so small?
And if they're supposed to be used like a Saudi head thingie, why no snaps or headband or anything?

Not much thought went into this product.

robinsegg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robinsegg
Imagine4vr wrote:wonder how fast they'll dry out in the desert

They gotta be batter than the dish towel I usually use. It gets over 120° where I am in AZ, but 20° cooler is 20° cooler!

In for 2...

talwyn

quality posts: 9 Private Messages talwyn
lichme wrote:This is probably one of those things that you don't realize that you actually need, until you need it. Buy it, you'll find a use for it.

This is it EXACTLY. I went to Rwanda last year, and one of my teammates had one of these (I'm not sure of the exact brand, but same concept). They were WONDERFUL in cooling us down when we needed it, especially when some of us were feeling feverish. I'm getting a pair so that on my upcoming return trip, I'll be prepared in case we need them!

monkeylice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages monkeylice
HughHemington wrote:At 16.5" x 24", they aren't large enough to cover your head and even your neck! Why so small?
And if they're supposed to be used like a Saudi head thingie, why no snaps or headband or anything?

Not much thought went into this product.

If you watch the video, it makes sense. It makes further sense if you google the product and see that it was made with golfers in mind.

I've played golf courses in Palm Springs in August and this would be extremely useful there. We would soak towels in ice water and just drape them over our head or neck while waiting for our turn to tee off. Made the difference between heat stroke and finishing the round, for me.

lwang

quality posts: 32 Private Messages lwang

these seem to be nothing more than evaporative cooling. How effective are they if one has this rag against one's body the whole time? Does it warm up to the body's temperature?

chepnut

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chepnut

My wife got me a similar product for when I play golf called the chilly pad. At first I thought that it was just a gimmick for golfers. But the first hot day I gave it a shot, WOW these things really work. I wore that thing like a turbin all day long and got all kinds of remarks from my playing partners until I let them try it, they all went and got one the next day. Mine stayed cool for the whole day, and I wear mine around my neck when I drive around when its hot. Going to get some of these since they are bigger

cantharis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cantharis

Gimmick ! use a regular towel and save $10 OR stay indoors LOL

chepnut

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chepnut
lwang wrote:these seem to be nothing more than evaporative cooling. How effective are they if one has this rag against one's body the whole time? Does it warm up to the body's temperature?

Mine stays super cool, and the parts that are not touching your body feel like they just came out of the fridge or freezer. I keep adjusting mine every 10 mins or so, so I always have a coolest part on my body. Its no where near the same as a wet rag

PenguinOverlord

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PenguinOverlord

Has anyone tried one of these for running? I usually run about 5-10 miles and I wonder if it would stay cool and stay on my neck for 5 miles. Or is it just for cooling down after words?

Tweek

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Tweek

Found a review by a tv news station here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiB69iRsM3E

Sinkcrownize

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sinkcrownize

Do they get hard when dry?

I have other water absorbing towels. but they need to be placed in a container to keep moist and pliable.

Thanks.

Sinkcrownize.

lwang

$6/each, dropping in price based on how much one buys:

http://edgewholesale.com/RealXGear-Xtreme-Cooling-Towel-Large-p939.html

I presume these are uber high profit margin products, and seeing that it us just chamois with large surface area and none of the brands mentioned anything about patents, I would assume these things would go down to a few dollars each pretty soon.

Plus, the claim of body temp cooling is a scam. Rise in skin temp is a result of one's core temp rising. The skin normally performs evaporative cooling to lower its temp. The thing is how much lower will this keep one's core temp when one is exerting in continuous activity such as running, not when one is getting too sweaty when standing around in the sun like on the putting green or waiting on line in Disneyworld

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80
cantharis wrote:Gimmick ! use a regular towel and save $10 OR stay indoors LOL

You really can't knock it until you try it! It sounds like a gimmick but in reality, it's actually pretty nifty.
We got these as gifts a year or so ago, and they work exactly as advertised.
Unfortunately my husband lost ours- I'm thinking about getting some more to get me through the labor of kid #2 here in the next few weeks.
Also really nice to have on hand if you have hot flashes

Kizzbot

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Kizzbot

We have the Frogg Toggs version of these called the Chilly Pad. The are amazing! We use them on the motorcycle mostly. Until you try one you really have no idea how much these help cool you off.

I can not count how many times these things have saved us from some very uncomfortable situations. Once we were on I-70, and the traffic came to a standstill. The road was freshly blacktopped and the outside temp was 104 degrees. With the real air temp, the radiant heat from the blacktop and the heat of the engine, we were near heat exhaustion. We got the pads out, soaked them with bottled water and within 15 minutes we felt much better.

They simply work.

kushiott

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kushiott

Works wonderfully if used in an environment that is not overly humid. That said, I nearly cried when my kid lost mine in Puerto Vallarta during rainy season cuz it still worked okay while hanging on the neck.

Kizzbot

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Kizzbot
Sinkcrownize wrote:Do they get hard when dry?

I have other water absorbing towels. but they need to be placed in a container to keep moist and pliable.

Thanks.

Yes, they get hard when dried out. You simply re-wet them and they become pliable again.

You FIRE! to keep them constantly moist, like anything else you keep wet they will generate mold. Let them dry out completely when not in use.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

lwang wrote:$6/each, dropping in price based on how much one buys:

http://edgewholesale.com/RealXGear-Xtreme-Cooling-Towel-Large-p939.html

I presume these are uber high profit margin products, and seeing that it us just chamois with large surface area and none of the brands mentioned anything about patents, I would assume these things would go down to a few dollars each pretty soon.

Plus, the claim of body temp cooling is a scam. Rise in skin temp is a result of one's core temp rising. The skin normally performs evaporative cooling to lower its temp. The thing is how much lower will this keep one's core temp when one is exerting in continuous activity such as running, not when one is getting too sweaty when standing around in the sun like on the putting green or waiting on line in Disneyworld

Even on that site, Woot is still $4 less when buying two, and Woot is still $5 shipping. That site charges more for standard shipping the more you ship.

dimend

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dimend

I bought one of these at the LA county fair last summer and it really works! If you put it around your neck or like a cape, it really cools you down. It was 100 degrees (The Fair is actually in Pomona)and it lasted a long time.

dvaamco

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dvaamco

"Material Content: 100% PVC"
OK, PVC is what plastic plumbing pipes are made of. HOWEVER, check out the fashion statement you could make by stitching a few of these babies together: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/87/Men%27s_black_PVC_pants_01.jpg/450px-Men%27s_black_PVC_pants_01.jpg

kildar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kildar
piewarmer wrote:I wonder how effective these are as compared to the gel-filled neck coolers. I hike a lot and I'm really heat sensitive so am always looking for something to help keep me from overheating on the trail.

short term or one off, the gel-filled is probably colder. but then you have to find a source of coldness (ie, freezer or at least cooler) to refresh it.

with the towel, you just wet it with some preferably cold water an go from there. one of my friends had one (not sure the brand but the same concept)at an event we were at and it was great to have.

panegyric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages panegyric

Anyone, like myself, have temp realted flare up in their chronic illness? My MS is intensely heat sensitive. tried a neck wrap that was ok for a while, had gell balls in it..does this last longer/drier. etc?

beardgod

quality posts: 3 Private Messages beardgod

Ironically we sold some similar towels this weekend at our daughter's soccer game to fundraise for her club team (sold 30 of them in 2 hours for $25/2). Most of the girls also ordered them for themselves. Gotta say, I was impressed...they really were nice and cool.

joejenkinsjax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joejenkinsjax

I use this in the yard when working outside. Keeps me cool in the Florida sun. We sell these in amusement and waterparks down here. I picked mine up at the IAAPA trade show as a demo back in November and it's a great product. It lasts about an hour; quick rinse and back in business.

They get hard when they completely dry out. I put mine back in the garage when I'm done working outside and hang it over the lawnmower handle. Run it under some water again and it softens right back up again and is ready to use.

-
Twitter: mrwebguy

lwang

Are these anti-bacterial and do they dry off without any smell? Can I just wring it off and have it ready to be used the next time?

I would run for an hour or so outdoors or in the gym maybe 4 times a week. If these rags have to be laundered every time after being used (which also involves wiping off alot of sweat), I would be needing over a dozen of these.

twiddly2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twiddly2

Dear Woot.com,
I have Paypal set up as my payment method. Have been Wooting since last year. Tried to buy these damn towels and kept getting denied. After 4 times, I gave up and edited my payment method to use a CC. Order accepted in 2 nanoseconds. I suggest you start doing some website housekeeping before you lose not-so-loyal Wooters like me. If you don't like Paypal, don't accept Paypal!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

twiddly2 wrote:Dear Woot.com,
I have Paypal set up as my payment method. Have been Wooting since last year. Tried to buy these damn towels and kept getting denied. After 4 times, I gave up and edited my payment method to use a CC. Order accepted in 2 nanoseconds. I suggest you start doing some website housekeeping before you lose not-so-loyal Wooters like me. If you don't like Paypal, don't accept Paypal!

Usually if your PayPal acct is denied it's because the banking account or CC or payment attached to the account in invalid and not accepted. You should recheck your PayPal account and make sure all your information is up to date.

If you are still encountering issues, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and let them know.
They'll be more than happy to assist you.

irondoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irondoll
dvaamco wrote:"Material Content: 100% PVC"
OK, PVC is what plastic plumbing pipes are made of. HOWEVER, check out the fashion statement you could make by stitching a few of these babies together: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/87/Men%27s_black_PVC_pants_01.jpg/450px-Men%27s_black_PVC_pants_01.jpg

LOL....! Good one!!

irondoll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irondoll
piewarmer wrote:I wonder how effective these are as compared to the gel-filled neck coolers. I hike a lot and I'm really heat sensitive so am always looking for something to help keep me from overheating on the trail.

Will you buy these?

bojeho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bojeho
panegyric wrote:Anyone, like myself, have temp realted flare up in their chronic illness? My MS is intensely heat sensitive. tried a neck wrap that was ok for a while, had gell balls in it..does this last longer/drier. etc?

I,too,have MS heat sensitivity,and I agree it is intense. I,m willing to try these towels because those neckbands I have used in the past must be chilled in the fridge to cool. And, these are way cheaper than those cooling vests shown in MS mags.

plinsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages plinsky

These really work. I've used them in 100-degree, humid conditions, and they definitely keep me cool for a long time. When the towel dries out, you just sprinkle it with water again, and it's back to being cool.

And ladies? If you suffer from hot flashes, you will want to have this towel handy, especially bedside.