WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pyle Mobile Electronics

A sale so good it'll make you say "Goll-lll-llly!" Or, for those of you younger than thirty-five, a sale that'll let you enjoy the TV and radio that people keep making references too. Say, did you know the narrator of Arrested Development used to be on a TV show?

Quality Posts

• (4:13 PM, 5/7/2013) havok777 has an interesting question...

charliekwalker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages charliekwalker

The backup camera and monitor looks neat, but I wonder about the ease of wiring up such a device. Anyone have any experience with this product?

http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PLCM8200/81-TFT-LCD-Monitor-w-Dual-Universal-Mount,-Rear-View-and-Backup-Color-CMD-Distance-Scale-Line-Camera

tommytom02

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tommytom02

The slim sub-woofers have meh reviews at the mothership http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/180-4196563-0322068?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PLBASS2.8 on similar products, but none for this specific one. I once had Pyle 6x8 speakers in my old Mustang. They were just as crappy as the OEM speakers.

svtguy88

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svtguy88

I've had some experience with Pyle products, and their name is a pretty good judgment of the quality level typically...

In their defense, I haven't used anything of theirs since high school, but all of that was pretty crap-tastic.

Gameguy411

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gameguy411

Does anyone know with the 7 in screen if you can get the google maps navigation from your phone displayed on the screen?

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

As a professional mobile electronics installer, please heed my words of caution, and avoid Pyle electronics. My opinion is based on YEARS of experience with their equipment. Headunit, amplifiers, subwoofers, interior speakers... it doesn't matter. It's all garbage. You have been warned.

But in the interest of making this post constructive, if you're looking for a super cheap "bang-for-the-buck" type of deal, I suggest something by Pioneer. Most everything they make (mobile electronics) is very easy to obtain and very inexpensive, yet provides average performance. For example, you can get a pair of Pioneer 6 1/2" coaxil speakers for 40 bucks new all day long. They sound pretty darn good for that price point and I think you'll have to spend twice that much to get anything any better. YOMV.

havok777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages havok777

Does the 9 inch roof top dvd players audio only run through the fm transmitter. Or will it also connect directly to the receivers input?

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78

I will also confirm what some others have stated already. I recently replaced my head unit in my suv and everyone I talked to about which brand to get basically gave me a few brands to stay away from and #1 on everyones list was PYLE.

jlf278

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlf278

Just when you least expect it, woot! has brought back the BOC's. Wait, shouldn't these only be $5 each?

jon12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jon12
havok777 wrote:Does the 9 inch roof top dvd players audio only run through the fm transmitter. Or will it also connect directly to the receivers input?

Honestly I've been in the car/home audio business for 8 years and it doesn't matter what the hook ups are. If it works it won't work for long. Stay away from Pyle.

I only sell products I believe in but it seems like Woot doesn't really care anymore.

12three45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 12three45
havok777 wrote:Does the 9 inch roof top dvd players audio only run through the fm transmitter. Or will it also connect directly to the receivers input?

Yes, it can be directly connected from output from dash receiver.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

I always remember Pyle being the budget/swap meet brand when I was in high school, looks like that hasn't changed. I guess I'll stay clear for the remote start. I always wonder about install on a newer car (07 Camry) anyway. Probably better to leave installation to a pro, as much as that kills me. (I've done it on an 86 Maxima and 91 accord, but so much more computer in my car now...)

charliekwalker wrote:The backup camera and monitor looks neat, but I wonder about the ease of wiring up such a device. Anyone have any experience with this product?

I don't know about this particular product, but I've done an install on an 08 Sienna for a VR3 wireless camera. I prefer the wireless because I didn't have to run a wire all the way to the front of the van, though it wouldn't be terribly tough. For power I hooked it into the backup lights wire, so when you go in reverse it automatically powers on. The camera was nice, but after 4-5 years the lense started to fog a little. Looks like wireless backup cameras are around $20 more at Amazon, I'd recommend going that route.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

ostenwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ostenwoot

I bought a Pyle monitor/receiver off ebay, never installed it. But for $100, mine included a dvd and cd player, curiously absent here.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg
firebirdude wrote:As a professional mobile electronics installer, please heed my words of caution, and avoid Pyle electronics. My opinion is based on YEARS of experience with their equipment. Headunit, amplifiers, subwoofers, interior speakers... it doesn't matter. It's all garbage. You have been warned.

But in the interest of making this post constructive, if you're looking for a super cheap "bang-for-the-buck" type of deal, I suggest something by Pioneer. Most everything they make (mobile electronics) is very easy to obtain and very inexpensive, yet provides average performance. For example, you can get a pair of Pioneer 6 1/2" coaxil speakers for 40 bucks new all day long. They sound pretty darn good for that price point and I think you'll have to spend twice that much to get anything any better. YOMV.

I've had good luck with Jensen speakers but that was back in t he early 80's. They still around?

TC1 USCG Ret

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet

and to top it all off they are evidently color blind...
Wave-accented speakers lend an air of seaworthiness to this powerful kit. Plus, it's all finished in a beautiful marine white that's sure to spruce up your vehicle's decor.
(from the description below the OBVIOUSLY BLACK speakers in the Marine radio advert)

bloodgain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodgain
firebirdude wrote:But in the interest of making this post constructive, if you're looking for a super cheap "bang-for-the-buck" type of deal, I suggest something by Pioneer. Most everything they make (mobile electronics) is very easy to obtain and very inexpensive, yet provides average performance. For example, you can get a pair of Pioneer 6 1/2" coaxil speakers for 40 bucks new all day long. They sound pretty darn good for that price point and I think you'll have to spend twice that much to get anything any better. YOMV.

Ditto. I ran a $100 pair of Pioneer 6x9s on homemade plywood risers in my little '91 Camry off a basic JVC CD head unit all through high school until they were stolen near the end of the car's useful life. They were crisp enough that the tinny front speakers didn't matter, and they could rattle the trunk if I wanted them to. People were always surprised by how good they sounded. You can't beat Pioneer for cheap and decent.

bpkuehn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpkuehn

I used to think Pyle (which I think owned Blitz Audio as well) was junk back in the day when dealing with car audio systems.

I've had the Pyle 600 watt Motorcycle Speakers & Amp installed on my Harley for the last 2 years through all sorts of conditions and have yet to have a problem.

I'd recommend that setup for any others looking to add tunes to their bike without hesitation.

Spacemonkey6401

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Spacemonkey6401
firebirdude wrote:As a professional mobile electronics installer, please heed my words of caution, and avoid Pyle electronics. My opinion is based on YEARS of experience with their equipment. Headunit, amplifiers, subwoofers, interior speakers... it doesn't matter. It's all garbage. You have been warned.

Any recommendations on a waterproof set? I was thinking of grabbing this for a hot tub I was picking up, as the unit in it is shot.

ProfessorOhki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ProfessorOhki

Full Motorized Screen Telescopes Out And Up

This wording makes me suspicious. Does the motorized bit also go down and in?

Edit: Found a YouTube review. Apparently it does.

kildar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kildar

thank you. it is nice to get an opinion from someone who has worked with such items. i was about to ask for alternative suggestion when i actually finished the post. thanks. :-)

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

THANK YOU!!! We had some Pioneer years back including the old time kind of large screen TV's. Good information and I'm not ordering the remote starters that I was ready to buy 3 of before reading your post. Thanks for the heads up as neither us heard of Pyle except for G0mer Lol.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

bblboy54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bblboy54
tc1uscg wrote:I've had good luck with Jensen speakers but that was back in t he early 80's. They still around?

I've actually always had great sound from Jensen speakers but their electronics (headunits, amps, etc) are complete crap.

bblboy54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bblboy54

The 3.5" dual input monitor PLCM31 is $50 here.... on Amazon it's $60 but Amazon also has a newer version, PLCM32 for the same price as this. It's like Amazon isn't even trying to hide the fact that woot isn't nearly as good of a deal as it used to be

EhBrah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EhBrah

It's too bad really, there was a time when Pyle made good drivers, I suppose this is before they were bought out and the new owners plastered the Pyle name on all manner of cheap electronics.

theengine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theengine
tommytom02 wrote:The slim sub-woofers have meh reviews at the mothership http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/180-4196563-0322068?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PLBASS2.8 on similar products, but none for this specific one. I once had Pyle 6x8 speakers in my old Mustang. They were just as crappy as the OEM speakers.

Why did I know you were talking about amazon when I first read "mothership"