viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
sunbc wrote:Absolutely wrong and stupid.

No, you!

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat
ThunderThighs wrote:We wouldn't risk our reputation by selling counterfeit items.

*cough*powerbalancebands*cough*

In any case, maybe we will get lucky, and one or two of these will get snuggled cozily inside a Bravo Charlie...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RobinBobcat wrote:*cough*powerbalancebands*cough*

In any case, maybe we will get lucky, and one or two of these will get snuggled cozily inside a Bravo Charlie...

Those were authentic Power Balance bands.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bruce57

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bruce57
dave17 wrote:Maybe I'm being oversensitive,but I'm kind of put off by anything named after a weapon that killed thousands of innocent people in the service of pure evil.I'd be creeped out to have one of these on my wrist.

And while you're at it, be sure to never sit inside a Volkswagen...the company was, after all, founded by the German Labour Front, a I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant trade union...and thousands died at Pearl Harbor — and many more later — due to a Japanese attack, so obviously nothing with the the name "Zero" should ever be used...and...and...

Am I being sarcastic? Assuredly.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
bruce57 wrote:And while you're at it, be sure to never sit inside a Volkswagen...the company was, after all, founded by the German Labour Front, a I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant trade union...and thousands died at Pearl Harbor — and many more later — due to a Japanese attack, so obviously nothing with the the name "Zero" should ever be used...and...and...

Am I being sarcastic? Assuredly.

Let's just say there are some types of products for which "I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorant"-oriented names would be genuinely offensive. Watches are not one of them.

edit: word filter, still funny.

thelocker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thelocker

After 3 years on a U-boat, I can say I have never seen one of my shipmates with one of these. Maybe on a Swiss U-boat, but I doubt that they even have a navy.

As far as the depth, it should be able to go to at least as deep as the free-diving record to get this name if no as deep as a real sub.

Oh well, I would' buy it if I could afford it. It looks too bulky for me to wear.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125

I like watches, but I have to ask, what am I getting here that I can't get in a $150 dollar watch? I doubt these keep time noticeably better than the chronographs I already have. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate craftsmanship and think they look very nice...but paying nearly 2k for a watch that does the same thing as something a 10th of the price seems absurd to me.

aakemerling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aakemerling
Canthros wrote:I'd be willing to bet that this isn't entirely true, either. At least, I have a Seiko Kinetic, which is a nice enough watch and a good timekeeper, but it absolutely has batteries. I'd be positively shocked if Citizen's EcoDrive didn't have batteries of some sort. As long as that's so, they'll need replacing sooner or later, when they stop holding a charge.

All that said, I think there's a lot of truth to the arguments that these are too much money for too little value for a lot of people (including me!), and, from a purely functional standpoint, a quartz movement will be a better timepiece for most.

(And, of course, you'd be paying a premium for the brand, relative to a hypothetical, comparable watch with a similarly-sized discount. )

Not to be too pedantic, but some Invicta Pro Divers have Seiko NH-35A movements, which are automatic with the date, hacking, and manual wind. But of course, not having "geneve" or "swiss" on the dial takes $800 off the list price.

But you're right, for an automatic mechanical chronograph? No way will you get a decent sample for $100-200.

aakemerling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aakemerling
radi0j0hn wrote:Status symbol assumes that your associates are impressed with a $1,700 piece of flash on your wrist. I am surrounded with people who feed orphans in Peru and help with heating assistance and credit card debt in the USA. They are not impressed with such a watch.

Father Joe Walijewski wore a Timex. When he died 5 years ago, the entire city of Lima, Peru came out to carry his casket through the streets, showering it with flower petals. He's also a candidate for sainthood! Not bad for a poor guy with a Timex.

frjoesguild.org to see the video!

So you're telling me that I have a choice between sainthood, or a nice watch?