WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

2 Packs of Fila Five-Toe Socks

Tired of having to wear five-toed shoes with gloves? Make-do no longer! With these five-toed socks, you'll be comfy, comfy, comfy.
FILA official site

tugnutt831

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tugnutt831

Anyone know how these compare to the Injinji socks?

Basket of Cranberries Count to Date: 18

wandalf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wandalf
tugnutt831 wrote:Anyone know how these compare to the Injinji socks?

Reviews on other sites are favorable, although not as good as Injinji socks.
I'm interested though. I recently got a pair of Vibrams, and some socks to got with them would be great.

timmymac23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmymac23

Do you know if any of these are 6-toed socks? I am a distant relative of Count Rugen, so I am afraid extra digits run in the family. Sometimes, the extra toe skips a generation and goes to the hand instead.

[/comment]

rmcgowan33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rmcgowan33
tugnutt831 wrote:Anyone know how these compare to the Injinji socks?

I've found these to be passable with Vibrams, but not as good as Injinji socks. The top of the line Injinji are awesome, but $16 a pair. This deal is okay. I've bought Fila at Big5 for about $7 on sale.

jaferson

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jaferson

Are these for people who want to wear socks with their thong sandals?

Barrel of Cowpokes
Speed to First Woot:0m 23.115s
First Sucker:jaferson

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle

Call me old fashioned but individual "toes" in socks and shoes?

Really people? Really?

jespensc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages jespensc

Polyester socks? Ew. Every few years hope springs that there must be some truth to the "wicking" claims and I purchase some new fully-synthetic socks. Without fail, it turns out to mean "sodden mess that makes your shoes stink."

For toe-shoes, some much nicer cotton blend socks are available on Amazon: FineBrandShop
Premium Crew Length Toe Socks (80%) cotton) are about $10 shipped. And Doublju Mens Toe Socks 3-Pack (97% cotton) are $14.99 shipped.

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister
Phillystyle wrote:Call me old fashioned but individual "toes" in socks and shoes?

Really people? Really?

Yeah I mean what's next? Individual fingers in mittens? Preposterous! Oh...wait.

The problem isn't with the style or practicality, rather with the price! $15.00 for 2 pairs of socks or $35.00 for 6 pairs? I'm sure this is a sale compared to their normal prices, but many people are quite content with the 12 pack of regular socks they can purchase for under $10.00 at Wally World. I recently bought a pair of the skeletoe shoes from woot at a very reasonable price. I didn't count on 4 pairs of socks costing the same as the shoes. Maybe I can just buy one pair and wash them with the dishes every day. Another problem is the shoes are 4 toe and these socks are 5 toe! It's like the dilemma of buying a pack of hot dogs, and buying a pack of hot dog buns. I need to buy 5 pairs of shoes and 4 pairs of socks to have an equal number of toes in each and even then I can't wear more than one pair of shoes at a time.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass

If you just want toe socks I've bought a pack of 12 random stripy ones off ebay for $15. They're not the best quality but they work and haven't developed any holes in 1.5 years of constant wear. I see a set of the same type there for $16 now.

For comparison, mine are coarser feeling and thinner than the injinji ones I own.

trpowell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trpowell
Phillystyle wrote:Call me old fashioned but individual "toes" in socks and shoes?

Really people? Really?

I'm guessing (or hoping) this is satirical in nature?

pythos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pythos

These discriminate against me and my other four toed brethren.

pythos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pythos

These discriminate against me and my other four toed brethren.

jtaclas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtaclas

In for 3 of the black socks. Even if these are a lower quality than the injini, the price is right, and considering that since I've been going to the gym, I've had to have all my injini socks earmarked for workouts, it would be nice to have a few spare pairs.

Phillystyle

mrbarister wrote:Yeah I mean what's next? Individual fingers in mittens? Preposterous! Oh...wait.

Ha! Touche...maybe. We'll see if this fad stands the test of time.

Phillystyle

trpowell wrote:I'm guessing (or hoping) this is satirical in nature?

Intriguing. You're "guessing"...nay even "HOPING" that I was being satirical? See, that in itself suggests that I - yes, ME - is the one who is out of step. lol You act as if this few-year-old trend of a shoe that fits like a glove is how it's been all along. No, not really too much satire on this one.

I'll preface with that fact that I'm one who is all for progress. I like to think that just because something is the way it was, doesn't mean that's the way it has to be. Maybe this is one of those things that was hiding in plain sight and SO effing obvious we just totally overlooked it. I’m of a mind that this shoes/socks with toes thing smells like a "I wanna be different" / "I'm so open-minded I was willing to try these weird-looking footies and boy do I love 'em!" trend to me.

Time will tell. I'm betting that if you like them (not just you trpowell but any "you" who is hearing my broadcast), you might want to stockpile them for when the trend has run its course.

I s'pose we'll just have to see what everybody's wearing in the Year 2000. Let me know what you have on your feet 10 years from now. ;)

Fritzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fritzo

Am I the only one that goes insane if my toes aren't touching? Wearing toe socks would be like torture

AGGGHHH!!!!!

doctorbow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doctorbow

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1147849/fila-sport-high-performance-skele-toes-no-show-socks.jsp?mr:referralID=1e6c77c4-b97e-11e2-a969-001b2166c2c0

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
doctorbow wrote:http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1147849/fila-sport-high-performance-skele-toes-no-show-socks.jsp?mr:referralID=1e6c77c4-b97e-11e2-a969-001b2166c2c0

They get you on the shipping though, unless you have a free shipping coupon. $6 to ship two pairs of socks, a little nuts.

longster47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longster47

I've replaced all my non-dress socks for Injinji's about a year ago and never looked back. So much more comfortable and I feel I have better balance wearing these (both in normal shoes as well as the Vibram 5Fingers).

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

bought 3 two packs. my first buy 3 in a loooong time.

that was fun while it lasted!

babystewie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages babystewie
bpr2 wrote:bought 3 two packs. my first buy 3 in a loooong time.

I have some socks with hoes in them, should I just cut off the toes.

biolo211

quality posts: 0 Private Messages biolo211

I didn't take the time to read all the comments, so I'm sure there HAS to be other's who agree with me, but, does anyone else think these shoes (and now socks) that separate the toes are leading to the further decline of Western civilization? These things are just brutal...and I think you can peg the type of person that wears these 8 out of 10 times. Just saying!

need4mospd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages need4mospd
biolo211 wrote:I didn't take the time to read all the comments, so I'm sure there HAS to be other's who agree with me, but, does anyone else think these shoes (and now socks) that separate the toes are leading to the further decline of Western civilization? These things are just brutal...and I think you can peg the type of person that wears these 8 out of 10 times. Just saying!

Say what you want about how stupid they look(and I'll agree), but until you wear them you should probably withhold judgement on the wearer. My vibrams have completely eliminated my knee pain in a matter of a few weeks after working them into my running routine. I've tried half a dozen standard running shoes, but none of them worked as well as just putting on these shoes. They've also propelled me past my plateau as far as improving my times. I was skeptical at first, but I won't wear anything else to run now.

But yeah, I still don't like wearing them in public. Not because I care what people think, but because they really are butt ugly.

gnwwolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnwwolf

I admit to owning 19 pairs of barefoot shoes. Hi, I'm a wolf and I'm a barefoot shoe'aholic. I bought the Fila socks many moons ago, and now I only buy the Injini because they fit so much better. When Amazon has a 20% off deal on Injini I stock up. That has nothing to do with living in the land of REI and Amazon, it's just that the Injini are genuinely better.

The Fila socks work okay with their shoes, but not with Vibrams. If you go to Fila, you will find they have stopped making barefoot shoes, what does that have to say about your choices?

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

I would have bought some of these in order to wear socks with flip-flops, but alas - my feet are too small.

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell
gnwwolf wrote:
The Fila socks work okay with their shoes, but not with Vibrams.

Wait...

So the pair I am wearing right now is actually UNCOMFORTABLE?

Dammit! I am so gullible...