WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Are you still friends with anybody you knew in high school?
  • 46.8% - Yes, good friends 1936
  • 3.7% - Yes, because I only graduated a few years ago 152
  • 26.5% - Yes, but not close 1097
  • 23.1% - No 955
4140 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

spitfire6006006

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spitfire6006006

If by knew in high school, you don't mean people I went to high school with, then yes

conculcate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages conculcate

Only because I married my high school sweetheart. I'm still "friends" with lots of other high school chums, but we rarely interact. Didn't help that we moved out of state.

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
conculcate wrote:Only because I married my high school sweetheart. I'm still "friends" with lots of other high school chums, but we rarely interact. Didn't help that we moved out of state.

Me too! Married my high school sweetheart, and after 30 years we are still friends. Kept track of a couple of others, but I wouldn't consider them friends.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

I moved across the country my sophomore year of high school and established a core group of about 4 or 5 friends over the last 3 years. We've all moved on with life and lead our own separate lives, but we are also still as close as family ever could be. I am confident we will be life long friends, but then again it's only been 20 years...

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Buysharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buysharp

I have two friends that we meet every Saturday for coffee. We've been friends since 5th grade. One of them was in kindergarten with me. It's a family tradition. My mother's best friend had known her since she was 5.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Married one twenty years later. Still see a few others once or twice a year. Facebook friends with a few more...

usanettom

quality posts: 11 Private Messages usanettom

When I first joined Facebook several years ago, I quickly had a bunch of "friends" from high school on there. Once I realized that in 20 years very few of them had changed much, or grown up at all, I removed I think all but one or two.

suebeehoney70

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suebeehoney70

Same here. I found that after 20+ years, many of them had grown older, but none of them had grown UP. FB is like a big popularity contest - it's all about the number of friends on your list for some people. I did a massive list cleaning not long ago and removed all but a few of my high school friends - pretty sure they never even noticed.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

I went to France in 2010 with an old buddy of mine from high school (graduated in 1989).

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

oldgal3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oldgal3

This is actually fascinating. I started to click Yes, good friends, because that's the way it is in my mind, but I changed to Yes, but not close. The deal is that I am in my 60s, graduated in the 60s and my current life is full of grandkids, and it is several hundred miles away from the pit of a town where I graduated. Really, Facebook has changed things, because I am friends with many of my high school friends, only on Facebook. I never go there except every 15-20 years for reunions. I have Facebook friends from high school that I cannot recall. I guess they remember me.

timbo014

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timbo014

I wasn't even really unpopular or anything. I just hate everyone from the not just my school but the area I grew up in - Northeast PA. Entire communities have defeatist, miserable attitudes and no one is polite.

Half of my family lives in Louisiana. I am actually moving to AL soon. People in the South are just nicer and have manners moreso than Northerners.

steveske85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steveske85

I knew my wife in High School but didn't hang out togther all that much. We did hang out a few times and had some mutual close friends. We each went about our lives. We noticed each other at the 20 year class reunion. The rest is history and we are now very much in love.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

I went to a pretty nerdy, specialized, tight-knit high school, and yes, of the people that were real friends, I still speak to about half of them. Heck, I have a gaming night once a month with two of them and one's newly adult son.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

johnro6659

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnro6659

I pretty much skipped High School got my GED when I was 16. I did know a lot of people who went but my neighborhood was rough. Most are dead, in prison or so whacked out on drugs and booze, I don't bother with them.

rocque

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocque

I am still friends with my brother and that is all. I moved on from the drama of my high school.

xntric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xntric

Graduated in 1955, and since have moved from East Coast to mid-West to West Coast, and still good friends with several from H.S., because of shared interests.

talltallgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talltallgirl

I was the misfit in a private school filled with the snobby, self-absorbed children of doctors and lawyers. It would not be possible for me to care any less than I do for the people I went to high school with.

FauxReal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages FauxReal

I was lucky and grew up with a lot of great people that I'm still close to. Both as classmates or just socially back in high school.

Coming on strong with some hardcore power...

morifi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morifi
timbo014 wrote:I wasn't even really unpopular or anything. I just hate everyone from the not just my school but the area I grew up in - Northeast PA. Entire communities have defeatist, miserable attitudes and no one is polite.

Half of my family lives in Louisiana. I am actually moving to AL soon. People in the South are just nicer and have manners moreso than Northerners.

Being from the south and having spent some considerable time in the north in the past (8 years), I have to agree with you.

jshagam

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jshagam

When I was in high school, I ended up meeting this one homeschooled kid through some of my volunteer work. We lost touch after I graduated. Then a few years later we ran across each other on some Internet forum, and reconnected. Now we're good buds.