WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Baseball Stadium UltraMurals

Baseball isn't like other games. There's no clock. It's played in a park -- not a stadium or arena. Baseball managers wear the team uniform. It's a silly, provincial game, and those who love it wouldn't want it any other way. 
UltraMurals official site

xtreemsaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xtreemsaver

In my opinion, Dodger Stadium is the best park to see a ball game.

teddypimp21

quality posts: 7 Private Messages teddypimp21

Was going to be all about the Comerica mural; except on closer inspection, the photo is outdated. The Tigers updated their scoreboard before the start of last season.

ghost650

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ghost650

What a weird shot of AT&T, featuring the shipyards to the south...

Also, the Turner Field shot is gorgeous aside from the foul pole that bisects the photo....

mattnapoli67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattnapoli67

What a crappy picture to use for the Phillies one. That park is almost never that empty and they used a picture when it was. And its a cloudy day. It should have been taken from the first base side where you can see the skyline past the outfield.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Most of these are pretty bad, from a weird angle to pictures of the parks when they are empty. I really wanted to be excited about these but they just aren't very good and surely not worth almost $100. Also, I can't clearly see from the size and resolution of the photos but I am guessing they did not wait for the home team to get ahead before taking the picture.

I have a great poster of Camden Yards but the Orioles are losing in the picture. Nothing like displaying a picture that has the team losing.

Buffbill_ox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buffbill_ox
xtreemsaver wrote:In my opinion, Dodger Stadium is the best park to see a ball game.

Sorry, As someone who has attended tons of MLB games... PNC park in Pittsburgh is the best all around experience by far...... in for one!

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

joecooool

quality posts: 18 Private Messages joecooool

Nothing for the millions and millions of Marlins fans?

xtreemsaver

quality posts: 2 Private Messages xtreemsaver
Buffbill_ox wrote:Sorry, As someone who has attended tons of MLB games... PNC park in Pittsburgh is the best all around experience by far...... in for one!

I haven’t been there yet. Fenway was another great place to attend. That was a great experience.

wisenekt

Buffbill_ox wrote:Sorry, As someone who has attended tons of MLB games... PNC park in Pittsburgh is the best all around experience by far...... in for one!

Too bad it is more of a skyline shot and not a baseball shot. You can't even see the infield! It does have a nice skyline shot though.

austin3i62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages austin3i62
joecooool wrote:Nothing for the millions and millions of Marlins fans?

Maybe Woot! will hook you up with some Prozac in the coming weeks? But seriously, for 95 dollars these are a great deal. Marlins are going to be putting them up around the new digs soon. As soon as the taxpayer funding comes through.

dkopek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkopek

Why don't they have an updated picture for Comerica Park? That is the old scoreboard so that picture is at least 2 years old.

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos
teddypimp21 wrote:Was going to be all about the Comerica mural; except on closer inspection, the photo is outdated. The Tigers updated their scoreboard before the start of last season.

I have the same problem with the Miller Park one, we got a new scoreboard for the 2011 season and this was taken before that. Since this shot has the Citgo gas pump home run counter to the right of the scoreboard, it was taken between 2007-2009. At least there was good attendance in this shot, so I don't have the complaints of a practically empty stadium.

Bigsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bigsauce

http://www.ultramurals.com/category/Chicago/wrigley_field,_home_of_the_chicago_cubs.html

48x18, not 16 and it's like $15 less. Doesn't seem like this is that good of a deal?

wisenekt

Bigsauce wrote:http://www.ultramurals.com/category/Chicago/wrigley_field,_home_of_the_chicago_cubs.html

48x18, not 16 and it's like $15 less. Doesn't seem like this is that good of a deal?

If you add it to your cart, the price jumps to $150. Not quite sure what the deal is but it looks like the $80 is an additional to get the photo wrapped around the canvas. Such a shame, they have some really nice space shots.

scapsinger

quality posts: 21 Private Messages scapsinger

Wow, the Turner Field one sucks, and here's why:
1) It's taken directly behind the foul pole. Really? It's bright yellow and directly in the middle of the shot. Photoshop + Healing Brush Tool = actual purchasable print.

2) Turner Field is never that full, at least not since they held the Olympics there 17 years ago. So they used the Clone Tool to fill in all the empties, but they couldn't knock out the foul pole? Hrmph.

90mcg112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 90mcg112

Photo of US Cellular looks blurry. Looks like I'm not alone in my disappointment with the quality of this offering.

Phillystyle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Phillystyle
mattnapoli67 wrote:What a crappy picture to use for the Phillies one. That park is almost never that empty and they used a picture when it was. And its a cloudy day. It should have been taken from the first base side where you can see the skyline past the outfield.

Agreed 100%. I figured they took that angle so they could include the "Jumbotron" :P

No, I'm sure they could get the screen from the other angle too but if they want the screen in there, would you want a Cincinnati Reds player on it?

I'd throw a battery at this one. LOL

cinoclav

quality posts: 218 Private Messages cinoclav

These are seriously bad shots. It's like they took a bunch of pictures off the internet from fans who went to a game and proceeded to crop and re-size them. Definitely not done by any photographers who knew what they were doing.

jearly0000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jearly0000

I have to chime in too. I immediately checked out Dodger Stadium and that shot is not awful, but on a scale of 1-10 capturing the beauty of that park I give it a solid 3. I've seen far better. Looking around at the others I get the same feel. AT&T is probably one of the better shots and I give that one a solid 5. I nearly jumped for joy at this offering because I've always wanted a baseball panorama but these won't cut it.

Who ate the last mini chimichanga?!

redfame

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redfame

Seems they are targeting fans of the grounds crews/pregame set up crews. See Twins picture.

Kamikaze2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kamikaze2007

Maybe Wootbot was trying to be ironic, but does it strike anyone else as odd that the title of the deal is "Baseball Stadium UltraMurals", but the description says "Baseball isn't like other games. There's no clock. It's played in a park -- not a stadium or arena"?

jearly0000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jearly0000
Kamikaze2007 wrote:Maybe Wootbot was trying to be ironic, but does it strike anyone else as odd that the title of the deal is "Baseball Stadium UltraMurals", but the description says "Baseball isn't like other games. There's no clock. It's played in a park -- not a stadium or arena"?

Not to mention it's also played in Fields, Domes, and Yards.

Who ate the last mini chimichanga?!

90mcg112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 90mcg112
Kamikaze2007 wrote:Maybe Wootbot was trying to be ironic, but does it strike anyone else as odd that the title of the deal is "Baseball Stadium UltraMurals", but the description says "Baseball isn't like other games. There's no clock. It's played in a park -- not a stadium or arena"?

Maybe it was a reference to the George Carlin bit about the difference between Football and Baseball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXacL0Uny0

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Being an enthusiastic MLB fan I was excited to see the offering on the Woot+ page.

But in general the pictures are not good. Poor lighting and composition....and in many the iconic parts of particlar stadiums are left out as if the photo assignments were given to folks who were going to their first baseball game.

Very disappointing.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

Chase Field (Diamondbacks) maybe the worst. Closeup of some big hairy dude holding a cell phone.

jonnyj03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonnyj03

Um? The prices here are higher than on their own website? www.ultramurals.com daWhy I oughta...?

mitchwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mitchwoot

You haven't fully experienced MLB until you've caught a game at Target Field....in the snow.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 500 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jonnyj03 wrote:Um? The prices here are higher than on their own website? www.ultramurals.com daWhy I oughta...?

I think you're looking at the mural and not the canvas pricing.

freddieb1983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freddieb1983

I'm not gonna blame woot for the stuff they hock...but man are these some crappy offerings!! I've been to more than a dozen ballparks across the country & these just don't do any of them justice. PNC Park is in my top 5behind Camden Yards, Safeco, Minutemaid &...( Homer Alert!) The Oakland Coliseum!! Good God I luvs my A's!!

afwalton

quality posts: 8 Private Messages afwalton
scapsinger wrote:Wow, the Turner Field one sucks, and here's why:
1) It's taken directly behind the foul pole. Really? It's bright yellow and directly in the middle of the shot. Photoshop + Healing Brush Tool = actual purchasable print.

2) Turner Field is never that full, at least not since they held the Olympics there 17 years ago. So they used the Clone Tool to fill in all the empties, but they couldn't knock out the foul pole? Hrmph.

1) The angle is a weird one to choose. The view of the skyline in straightaway center is one of the best features of the ballpark. I think the photographers were committed to getting as close as possible to the same angle for every park instead of tailoring it to each one. This ain't football, people. They're all different.

2) The Braves are right in the middle of MLB attendance, #15 out of 30. They don't sell out a lot of regular-season games, but good luck getting seats for the home opener, the Fourth of July, any time the Cubs are in town, and the post-season (a couple dozen games since the Olympics).

afwalton

quality posts: 8 Private Messages afwalton

Scratch that. They are all different angles. I just glanced before. That makes the foul pole shot that much more inexplicable.

avsdsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages avsdsu

If you like any one of these teams, stay away: A's, Angels, Braves, Cardinals, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Nationals, Rays, Rockies, Twins and Yankees. Expect to find terrible camera angles, empty stadiums, random cell phone guys, random vendors, a grounds crew instead of actual players on the field or best of all, the foul pole at Turner Field right in the middle of the photo. SMH Woot!, who's gonna pay $100+ for this junk after shipping and tax?

chireg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chireg

Looks like these are cheaper on their own website, different pictures too. http://www.ultramurals.com/category/Sports-Stadiums&page=3

chipgreen

quality posts: 152 Private Messages chipgreen
avsdsu wrote:If you like any one of these teams, stay away: A's, Angels, Braves, Cardinals, Cubs, Diamondbacks, Nationals, Rays, Rockies, Twins and Yankees. Expect to find terrible camera angles, empty stadiums, random cell phone guys, random vendors, a grounds crew instead of actual players on the field or best of all, the foul pole at Turner Field right in the middle of the photo. SMH Woot!, who's gonna pay $100+ for this junk after shipping and tax?

Add the Indians to that list. Most of these murals are drowning in weak sauce.

ehal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehal

I'm amazed how crummy these photos are. I've seen photos 10x better online. The photos of Dodgers stadium, Anaheim stadium and Target field just (sadly) suck and these are three of the most beautiful stadiums in baseball! What a gigantic disappointment.

ehal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ehal
nmumark wrote:Chase Field (Diamondbacks) maybe the worst. Closeup of some big hairy dude holding a cell phone.

I thought the others were bad! Nice arm on the Neanderthal! Real nice.

Geez Woot, just take this all down and save yourselves some pride.

KingLouie951

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KingLouie951

And is there really a clamoring for 3 different Fenway Parl murals? I'll admit, it has its history and character. But 3 different views?

cosmicpea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cosmicpea
KingLouie951 wrote:And is there really a clamoring for 3 different Fenway Parl murals? I'll admit, it has its history and character. But 3 different views?

It does have its history and its character and most of the infield seats give you the best views in baseball -- you feel like you're right on the field. I'll take that over most of Dodger Stadium any day.

Joeybones312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joeybones312
joecooool wrote:Nothing for the millions and millions of Marlins fans?

get the citi field mural, there's a marlin on the scoreboard