amg06f

quality posts: 4 Private Messages amg06f

As a big Mets fan, I was excited about the offering for Citi Field. HOWEVER, the photo is EXTREMELY outdated. Based on the wall configuration (the home run line still extends up to the top of the Home Run Apple in center), the lack of championship banners on the left field wall, and the fact that the walls are black (not blue) and haven't been "moved in" yet, this photo is very clearly taken during the first half of the 2009 MLB season. Sheesh. I'd rather them go back another 6-8 months and offer a panoramic from Shea Stadium with Citi Field going up in the background than buy such an outdated print of the current digs.

extech01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages extech01
xtreemsaver wrote:In my opinion, Dodger Stadium is the best park to see a ball game.

Have to respectfully disagree. I am a Yankees fan, been to many, its hard for me to say it but Fenway is the best place in my opinion.

mrsjhaye

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mrsjhaye
Buffbill_ox wrote:Sorry, As someone who has attended tons of MLB games... PNC park in Pittsburgh is the best all around experience by far...... in for one!

I agree; love how the PNC Park mural shows the great Pittsburgh skyline and bridge.

freddieb1983

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freddieb1983
cosmicpea wrote:It does have its history and its character and most of the infield seats give you the best views in baseball -- you feel like you're right on the field. I'll take that over most of Dodger Stadium any day.

Fenway is significantly overrated, been to a bunch of games there & unless you're behind homeplate, a dugout or in the bleachers, you're cranking your neck & back to see the action...as long as there's no obstructions in your line of sight

kmashaney

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmashaney

The Kauffman one isn't too bad. Beautiful stadium in person.

SirMikan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirMikan

Both Comerica Park and Target Field have gorgeous views of their respective downtowns over the right field fence. And both of their pictures are taken towards left field. Really?

kylerohan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kylerohan

No Reds or Great American Ballpark love, ridiculous!

bodycount187

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bodycount187
xtreemsaver wrote:In my opinion, Dodger Stadium is the best park to see a ball game.

Then I guess you have never been to PNC Park in Pittsburgh! The team has a ways to go before they are competitive but the stadium is absolutely beautiful!

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk
jonnyj03 wrote:Um? The prices here are higher than on their own website? www.ultramurals.com daWhy I oughta...?

Woot is selling them framed. The Ultramural site is unframed at the lower price. Look above the price selections to see the real price with frame. All the $95 ones here are $150 there.

ckoz1187

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ckoz1187
mattnapoli67 wrote:What a crappy picture to use for the Phillies one. That park is almost never that empty and they used a picture when it was. And its a cloudy day. It should have been taken from the first base side where you can see the skyline past the outfield.

They also managed to get a Reds player on the scoreboard at the time of the picture

foobarski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages foobarski

I'd want one with a Reds player in it, yeah. But since they couldn't even be arsed to do a crappy mural of Great American Ball Park ... :-)

Phillystyle wrote:Agreed 100%. I figured they took that angle so they could include the "Jumbotron" :P

No, I'm sure they could get the screen from the other angle too but if they want the screen in there, would you want a Cincinnati Reds player on it?

I'd throw a battery at this one. LOL

"Is there anything a man don't stand to lose, when the devil wants to take it all away?
Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze.
Cause thinkin' and drinkin' are all I have today."
-- John Perry Barlow / Bob Weir ("Mexicali Blues")

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz
redfame wrote:Seems they are targeting fans of the grounds crews/pregame set up crews. See Twins picture.

Also pretty sad the stadium is half full (with the upper deck in left looking pretty bare), its almost like this was pre-game. IMO a better shot would have been looking into the opposite field, maybe about at third base, that way there would be a good shot of the jumbotron along with Minnie and Paulie, plus the courtyard that is in right field with the Minneapolis skyline behind it. Seeing a bunch of seats doesn't really do it for me.

smartheart wrote:Being an enthusiastic MLB fan I was excited to see the offering on the Woot+ page.

But in general the pictures are not good. Poor lighting and composition....and in many the iconic parts of particlar stadiums are left out as if the photo assignments were given to folks who were going to their first baseball game.

Very disappointing.

I'm in the same boat as you. This sale had my interest piqued, but upon further investigation between the blurry quality and no mind of what is going on in the photo, it definitely doesn't seem to be worth the price.

amg06f wrote:As a big Mets fan, I was excited about the offering for Citi Field. HOWEVER, the photo is EXTREMELY outdated. Based on the wall configuration (the home run line still extends up to the top of the Home Run Apple in center), the lack of championship banners on the left field wall, and the fact that the walls are black (not blue) and haven't been "moved in" yet, this photo is very clearly taken during the first half of the 2009 MLB season. Sheesh. I'd rather them go back another 6-8 months and offer a panoramic from Shea Stadium with Citi Field going up in the background than buy such an outdated print of the current digs.

The same can be said of Target field. The center field originally opened in 2010 with some trees as pictured here, but after the first season, too many batters were complaining about the movement and it was changed by 2011.

Its just sad because I'm guessing someone got paid to go to each of these stadiums for these photos and from what I can tell, they just snapped a photo without thinking about what was in the shot.

This did give me a great idea to take a proper mural picture the next time I am at Target Field though.

slysdexic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slysdexic

What a terrible shot of Petco Park. The defining feature of the stadium is the Western Metal Building that forms the left field foul line, and it isn't even in the picture.

bbrinkmeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbrinkmeyer

Pretty amazing how all the terrible teams have these murals available, yet Great American Ballpark is not featured. You have PNC park on here, yet when is the last time anyone cared about the Pittsburgh Pirates? The answer is never. I can't remember the last time they won a division. Probably back when Roberto Clemente played.

dadof6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dadof6

Why the heck would ANY photographer take a shot of the inside of Miller Park and exclude Bernie Brewer's slide?!? This is a shame, a travesty. It would be like taking a picture of Busch Stadium from an angle that doesn't include the St Louis Arch. Fail.

funkyredrum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages funkyredrum

I love the St. Louis Cardinals and was considering plunking down $100 for this. However, upon closer inspection, the people on the field are the ground crew, apparently prior to a game. Why do I want to hang a picture of the ground crew? Good idea, terrible execution.

walmartman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages walmartman
dadof6 wrote:Why the heck would ANY photographer take a shot of the inside of Miller Park and exclude Bernie Brewer's slide?!? This is a shame, a travesty. It would be like taking a picture of Busch Stadium from an angle that doesn't include the St Louis Arch. Fail.

pretty sure these are just raked from Facebook and Twitter... at least I hope so because these are just.. yeah

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
KingLouie951 wrote:And is there really a clamoring for 3 different Fenway Parl murals? I'll admit, it has its history and character. But 3 different views?

I especially like the one that's titled "Green Monster" but does not show the Green Monster.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
mrsjhaye wrote:I agree; love how the PNC Park mural shows the great Pittsburgh skyline and bridge.

....and a little tiny bit of the ballpark, even!

fes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fes
scapsinger wrote:Wow, the Turner Field one sucks, and here's why:

2) Turner Field is never that full, at least not since they held the Olympics there 17 years ago. So they used the Clone Tool to fill in all the empties, but they couldn't knock out the foul pole? Hrmph.

Attendance is always up and down at The Ted. On weekdays, it's typically in the 19k-21k range and could be anywhere in the 30k-38k range on the weekends, depending on the opponent and other happenings around town. Obviously certain dates or series bring spikes and the occasional sellout, but those are hard to pull off with a capacity of just under 50k.

afwalton wrote:2) The Braves are right in the middle of MLB attendance, #15 out of 30. They don't sell out a lot of regular-season games, but good luck getting seats for the home opener, the Fourth of July, any time the Cubs are in town, and the post-season (a couple dozen games since the Olympics).

You can thank the other Cubs fans for not being able to find tickets. That's one team that always infiltrates and fills our stadium.

saruyama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saruyama

I like the silhouette of Steve Bartman in the pic.

Go Cards!

Bigsauce wrote:http://www.ultramurals.com/category/Chicago/wrigley_field,_home_of_the_chicago_cubs.html

48x18, not 16 and it's like $15 less. Doesn't seem like this is that good of a deal?

ubermick

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ubermick

Tell that to the Stow family. Even without that, the traffic down there is horrendous, with most seats still empty by the third inning, and them starting to empty out again by the seventh.

I'm new to the game (wife is a diehard Giants fan who lured me in) and have to say there's at least a half dozen ahead of Chavez Ravine in the pecking order. Fenway, Camden, Yankee Stadium, Great American, Busch Stadium, and of course AT&T with the freakiest fans in the league.

drphelps87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drphelps87

they are almost 30 dollars cheaper on ultramurals site

kat8480

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kat8480
joecooool wrote:Nothing for the millions and millions of Marlins fans?

get the Citi field one. Your up and on the score board

p3psiaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p3psiaddict

I actually enjoy the Turner Field shot, the foul pole is part of the field and shouldn't be airbrushed out. There are better shots that could have been taken though. I bought one regardless.

That being said, it has been over a week now and I am still 'awaiting shipping'. That's more infuriating than a foul pole.