WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Boston Acoustics Soundbars

Believe it or not, a soundbar isn't the same thing as a concert venue. We know, we know, they both produce sound, and they both have bars, but yes, they are entirely different things! These are speaker systems for your home. How's that for a crazy fact!?

Quality Posts

waddledoodle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waddledoodle

Review of the 25:

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Boston-Acoustics-TVee-Model-25-Soundbar-Review.shtml

Review of the 26:

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Boston-Acoustics-TVee-26-Soundbar-Review.shtml

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass

Lot of reviews (at 4 out of 5 stars) for the 25 on Amazon. The 26 and 10 have only 8 a piece, but all of them have people explaining the issues for you to weigh if it'd be worth it, which at the price point (that is much lower than the mothership's) they very well might be.

Plus, being refurbs, some of the bugs may have been corrected by BA already.

ror2001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ror2001

Personally, if they don't have Bluetooth capabilities, it's not really worth it. So many other brands include BT technology for about the same cost, so I have a hard time buying something without BT.

You might have BT in your receiver, but if you're buying a soundbar package, you're not really likely to have a receiver hooked up to that TV, otherwise you'd have at least 5.1 running.

teamvagisil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teamvagisil

Bought the 25 the last time around, was not happy with it at all. It has since been returned, thought about the 26 model, however the customer service at BA was less than helpful last time.

Needless to say, that makes me think twice this time around.

JollyRiot1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JollyRiot1

I bought the 25 new at a P.C. Richards last year. The wireless sub-woofer interfered with my wifi, and changing channels on my wireless router didn't really help much. Also, the sub-woofer simply stopped working after a couple months.
When it did work, the sound was pretty underwhelming for the price.

maxloder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxloder

How many of the soundbars can a guy run at one time? I have three 52" tvs on one wall in my living room. Does the wireless sub have more than 1 frequency? (Three PS3 & three people playing at the same time. Yeah, I'm a nerd.)

oldcqr

quality posts: 13 Private Messages oldcqr

I have the 25. In a word: meh.

The first one I had lasted about 4 days until the sub woofer gave up the ghost. I took it apart to find that it had set itself on fire somehow.

Returned for another, and this one hasn't smoked yet (2 months). The sound is MEH. Better than what was coming out of my rear-facing speakers on my LCD TV, but still nothing like the stock speakers in my original DLP.

bigbiz169

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bigbiz169

I pulled the trigger on the 26 and for the price you can't beat it. Is it Bose? No! For a bedroom it does the job. Will your Direct TV remote program to it? NO, but who cares go out and buy a Harmony remote. I've spent more on less, and it might be a good thing its refurbished, hopefully the bugs were found and worked out.

spmcgivern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spmcgivern
ror2001 wrote:Personally, if they don't have Bluetooth capabilities, it's not really worth it. So many other brands include BT technology for about the same cost, so I have a hard time buying something without BT.

You might have BT in your receiver, but if you're buying a soundbar package, you're not really likely to have a receiver hooked up to that TV, otherwise you'd have at least 5.1 running.

Even though my receiver can do 5.1, I am not in a position to run 5.1. I live in an apartment and with an 8 month old, soundbar with wireless sub seems ideal. I currently have Bose 301s but the missus feels they are a deathtrap sitting on their stands.

With that said, I will pass on this one and wait till Pinnacle comes around again.

Lamby44pod

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lamby44pod

OK. I bought this and have been using it for a week now!

I give it 4/5 on sound quality.
I think it sounds great and really adds to the sound (mainly because of the sub I think).

The only thing I wish is that it had more volume. It gets decent loud unless you have people in the room talking, then you wish it had a little more volume.

I have not ZERO issues with the wireless subwoofer so far. No wifi issues like some were talking about. I use a Wireless N Route.

If I would have paid retail price for this (3x more) I wouldn't be satisfied. But for $125 shipped! I feel like I got a GREAT deal!

As for the older versions of this soundbar, maybe they had problems that this new version took care of? Just a guess.

Get one while it lasts!

fuxnix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fuxnix

Bought the 25 a while back on woot....like others have said, the subwoofer died soon after set up. :C

Still, the soundbar works without it, and from what I could hear, the bass the subwoofer delivered wasn't really all that and a bag of chips...so I'm not all that disappointed in losing it, I suppose. Although BA's customer service was practically nonexistent back when I was trying to contact them (their site hadn't set up the 'contact us' section correctly. Wooow...)

All that said... I'm considering pulling the trigger on the 10. Call me crazy :/

AutoTechInSTL

quality posts: 6 Private Messages AutoTechInSTL

I bought the 10. Got it yesterday.

At first I thought the sound was amazing (and actually it is pretty decent) but then I noticed a rattle coming from the right side speaker under high bass output.

I tried switching inputs and playing with sound settings with no avail. I decided to just live with it for the rest of the evening to see if it got any better. It didn't.

Then I got done watching TV for the night and went to turn it off. I would turn off for a split second and then immediately turn itself back on. With the remote or the front panel.. it didn't matter.

Aside from the speaking rattle it does sound good but I'll be checking into sending this one back for a replacement.

Steve was DELICIOUS!