WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Outdoor Movie (i.e. "Miami Connection") Gear

You've got a huge outdoor screen, a group of friends, and a desire to have your mind blown by the greatest film of all time (The Miami Connection). What else could you possibly need for the perfect outdoor movie night?? Oh yeah: All the stuff we're selling below. 

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

Anybody know any details about the basic best home theater indoor setup? Ie a BR with projector. Which is best for that? Thanks.

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

now-what

quality posts: 1 Private Messages now-what

Dose any one know why I can not find much info on the MP626 projector? The only youtube videos are not in English. Amazon only has one review.

Also for any one that has purchases a refurbished projector from woot before, How much has the bulb usually been used?

Thank you,

Mike

fartfile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fartfile

Anyone have experience with the dips?

baddogdaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baddogdaddy
now-what wrote:Dose any one know why I can not find much info on the MP626 projector? The only youtube videos are not in English. Amazon only has one review.

Also for any one that has purchases a refurbished projector from woot before, How much has the bulb usually been used?

Thank you,

Mike

I've found some reviews and they are all positive. Even in a lit room this little projector works well. There are no lag issues with gaming either from what I've read. I'm snagging one. This price is a steal.

grtgrfx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages grtgrfx

Looks like this model not only downsamples HD (1080P) content to 720P, but it isn't HD-native 16x9 aspect ratio either. That would make for a slightly blurry and pixelated (not to mention horizontal black bars) video-watching experience.

I wouldn't buy it unless you aren't planning to upgrade your cable or satellite to HD, or you only have DVD movies, not BR. Which means you aren't going to get any 3D content either, since that's only available on Blu-Ray. Sounds like a compromise in technology to me.

gyrotip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gyrotip

Here is a review.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ-MP626.htm

Please note that this is only PC 3D ready. This means that since the projector only allows for HDMI v1.3, that it can only accept 3D input from a PC which has the NVDIA 3D vision system or other similar system. 3D Blu-Ray players use HDMI v1.4 and will not use a 3D format not compatible with this projector.

stebrad

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stebrad

I have had the phillips DVD player from an ealier woot for a few weeks.

It's only locked up once, and that was on its first day. We've used it for 4 or 5 blu-rays and a lot of netflix. It does fine.

The text entering system changes from place to place, and it's a little rough since the remote buttons "click" once per press and don't let you move through things by holding them down.

The display on the front the 7 segment displays with diagonals to display words like 'home' and 'nf' for netflix and it looks a bit like it's lost its mind.

The limitations of my judgement are that we use only wifi with it. For the TV, we don't have 3d, and we're still at 720p.

PS: It shipped in its retail box with a shipping sticker on it. If you have a problem with packages getting stolen, you might want to be home for this one.

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing
baddogdaddy wrote:I've found some reviews and they are all positive. Even in a lit room this little projector works well. There are no lag issues with gaming either from what I've read. I'm snagging one. This price is a steal.

I was looking for something that I could use to show movies on against a sheet out in the backyard. Not exactly a controlled, high-def environment. For $200, this seems like it will work quite nicely.

Ashdlop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ashdlop

Does anyone have any experience with the Wireless Portable PA system PWMA940BTI? I am thinking I could use this in place of a DJ for my upcoming outdoor wedding. Think this will play music loud enough for a large party?

benq

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benq
grtgrfx wrote:Looks like this model not only downsamples HD (1080P) content to 720P, but it isn't HD-native 16x9 aspect ratio either. That would make for a slightly blurry and pixelated (not to mention horizontal black bars) video-watching experience.

I wouldn't buy it unless you aren't planning to upgrade your cable or satellite to HD, or you only have DVD movies, not BR. Which means you aren't going to get any 3D content either, since that's only available on Blu-Ray. Sounds like a compromise in technology to me.

The MP626 was one rated at one point in the Top 10 Conference room projectors, and was designed for the "Pro-Sumer" market where the projector was used for PowerPoint at work - and watching games or movies at home. It has an XGA native resolution chip, which has 768 lines of resolution. The HDMI port has the copy protection, so DVD's and Blu-Ray's will work without copy protection errors. Some display modes have black bars, and it can display both 16:9 and 4:3. The 4:3 is especially nice if you are playing older VHS tapes or Bugs Bunny cartoons outside.

wolfkinn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfkinn

We are looking at the BenQ MP626 and outdoorscreen for a backyard movie setup, I understand the projector isn't HD but how is the quality?

pxsandlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pxsandlin

Ok, looking at this and the screen on Woot. Can I hook up my cable receiver to this and watch cable TV through it?

Pufferfishy

quality posts: 38 Private Messages Pufferfishy

Three of the TH1060Ps for sale - great offering.

You've been put on posting probation for this post

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

I want that quilt and the long pillow

cko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cko

anybody have the SMART Surge ES3432W specific model? wondering whether it has a cord or plugs directly into the outlets. can't find any pics other than these stock photos on the web and they don't show a cord or the backside of the unit.

cko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cko
cko wrote:anybody have the SMART Surge ES3432W specific model? wondering whether it has a cord or plugs directly into the outlets. can't find any pics other than these stock photos on the web and they don't show a cord or the backside of the unit.

found this alternate version that looks identical (prob an OEM version) but does have pics of the backside, so it does plug directly into the wall. http://amzn.to/1833ViB

jdean

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdean

So what about the dog poop? The bird poop? The bugs? Is it starting to rain? Nature is often idealized but seldom cooperative.

russwjohns

quality posts: 15 Private Messages russwjohns

Am wondering if the LG 3d BR player will recognise a usb wifi dongle? I have an LB BR player that came with a wifi dongle instead of being built in.

Also can't tell if this 3d player has Smart Apps. Anyone? Thanks

dviljag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dviljag

Anyone seen shipping notifications for items from the sale yet?

I really want to see what this MP626 can do.

pxsandlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pxsandlin
dviljag wrote:Anyone seen shipping notifications for items from the sale yet?

I really want to see what this MP626 can do.

No.... My dream of floating around the pool watching baseball over the holiday weekend are starting to fade. Can I cancel if it doesn't ship so I can buy one locally?

bliztic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bliztic

Edit: Fixed

erinmartinez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erinmartinez

Anyone else having issues with this item being shipped? I ordered several items on Monday (including this player) and everything else arrived.

ophmarketing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ophmarketing
erinmartinez wrote:Anyone else having issues with this item being shipped? I ordered several items on Monday (including this player) and everything else arrived.

I received my MP626 on Friday morning. Haven't tried it out yet, but the box is in one piece, so that's a good sign.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

erinmartinez wrote:Anyone else having issues with this item being shipped? I ordered several items on Monday (including this player) and everything else arrived.

Our items ship from a variety of places including FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouses and drop ship directly from the vendor. The item you are waiting on is likely a drop ship and they take a few days longer for processing and shipping. Generally 3-5 business days. Hang tight for a couple more days.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

xenocidexxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xenocidexxx

It has now been more than 5 business days, and my order (pa system) is still awaiting shipping. Is it possible to get an eta on this?

ThunderThighs wrote:Our items ship from a variety of places including FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouses and drop ship directly from the vendor. The item you are waiting on is likely a drop ship and they take a few days longer for processing and shipping. Generally 3-5 business days. Hang tight for a couple more days.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

xenocidexxx wrote:It has now been more than 5 business days, and my order (pa system) is still awaiting shipping. Is it possible to get an eta on this?

Looks like it's already shipped and we're just waiting on tracking info to upload.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mjndevils

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjndevils

just got mine yesterday. Plugged it in today and several blown pixels. That sucks.

ThunderThighs wrote:Looks like it's already shipped and we're just waiting on tracking info to upload.

You can use FedEx's “Track by Reference” feature to get tracking info using your order number. Your order number is on your order details which you can get via Stuff You Bought. Leave the Account Number blank. Enter your order number in the reference box. Next, select your country and enter your zip code. Click TRACK and voilà, you may have tracking info.