WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Would you host an outdoor movie party?
  • 7.3% - Yes, and I have before. 132
  • 46.1% - Yes, if I had the equipment. 838
  • 24.6% - No, doesn't sound like my thing. 447
  • 21.3% - No, I don't have a yard that would work. 387
  • 0.7% - Another opinion I'll voice in the comments. 12
1816 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

mcden

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcden

We rented equipment from a local business for our daughter's 18th birthday. Had a cookout and kids camped out in the yard. Lots of fun... we contacted the neighbors to make sure they were okay with it. One neighbor watched the movies (Batman 1 and 2) from his deck!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Would not work well here in coastal Carolina. During the summer months there would always be one of two problems. Wind would be the least of the two but the presence of wind would not be a good thing for enjoying the movie. The worst would be if there were no wind at all. Then the mosquitoes would be sucking the blood out of everyone there.

StikyPaws312

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StikyPaws312

I would love to host an outdoor movie party.... one BIG problem - Mosquitoes.... They suck the life out of a party faster than a debbie downer... or running out of beer

bsanf3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsanf3

Yes, if I had the space.

noodle192000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noodle192000

My yard would be perfect--the issue, other than equipment, would probably be the weather and mosquitoes. I live in the Dallas area.

alebeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alebeard

oo its reminiscent of going to the drive in! We have an indoor theater and love it. I'd do it outdoors but here in Portland (the land of liquid sunshine) nuff said.

mahaneym5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mahaneym5

I have no friends...

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast

After the last Hurricane we had movie night (actually used satellite to watch the local news) on our block as there was no electricity. I had a generator, projector and just used a sheet as a screen. It was plenty dark for that to work.

sparklecoogs

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sparklecoogs

There was no, "Yes, I have the equipment, but I haven't yet done so because of stupid mosquitoes!" option. That would have been my choice.

Also, setting up the sound system would be a pain, because if you're gonna do it, then go all out. I don't really relish the idea of moving 8 speakers and sets of wires from my theater room to my backyard, then back again. I guess I could go 2-channel stereo for the party, but I'd feel such terrible shame.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

I would love to, if I could ban mosquitoes and ensure the neighbors didn't mind.

StarM

quality posts: 20 Private Messages StarM

Ditto the Carolina coast issues on theTexas Gulf Coast, though if (when) the wind is blowing, we have no mosquitos. I much prefer wind to bugs!

Plus, I don't want people staying that late (dark is 8:30 - 9:00) to start a movie & having people hang around until midnight or so. I like me my sleep!

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin