12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

silentvirus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silentvirus

Would this only work outside due to the stakes and ropes? Looking for one for my living room, I ordered a projector from Amazon yesterday.

bmw66x

quality posts: 48 Private Messages bmw66x

This deal is full of hot air in the dreamy Summer night amid a light fog. I hope you can deal with the bull, lest you get the horns.

I'm Bryan. Nice to meet you, Wooter.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

Camp Chef? I'm confused. How do I cook on this thing?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3150 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Lot's of perfect reviews over at costco.com

jthebird1977

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jthebird1977

Uh, dude, ketchup please?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

conanthelibrarian

Check out the product page for additional information

conanthelibrarian

Very informative video, courtesy of camp chef

xirian

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xirian

I have one of these. It was a bit of a pain to get the screen on the first time, but I've gotten used to doing it now. Great screen and well made.

docflash

quality posts: 16 Private Messages docflash
silentvirus wrote:Would this only work outside due to the stakes and ropes? Looking for one for my living room, I ordered a projector from Amazon yesterday.

this should work well: but looking at the pix on amazon makes me a little concerned if the screen can be hung from a wall. the illustration shows legs that might get in the way.

one thought: if you search "carl's place screen" on amazon, they've got DIY screen materials, felt, etc., that would let you make a slightly bigger screen for about a third the cost.

"i don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top." --anon
more quotes.

agnosticmayhem

quality posts: 1 Private Messages agnosticmayhem

I own one of these and it is great. The pipes are heavy duty, so no worry about bending and they will last a long time. Screen is also top notch quality. You definitely want a second person to help you put it together or take it down.

Also I have left it outside in the rain for a few days, and it takes the punishment and hold up nicely.

I use it for my mobile movie night with a pico projector on external battery pack and my block rocker battery powered speaker.

Its a bit heavy to lug around, but great fun.

themosquito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages themosquito

Bought this on amazon last year. Paid like $180. Works great! Definitely, first time setting up is a little challenging. Keep in mind that when it is all packed in the carry bag/case it is a bit heavy/awkward to carry.

mtnhrdgr2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtnhrdgr2

For the people that buy this or already own one, PLEASE DO NOT use this while camping, especially if there are other campers near you.

I went to a campsite last summer and there was a group of campers that were watching movies with their screen. It is NOT ok. As a matter of fact, it is RUDE to do this. No, other campers do NOT think you are cool. Actually, other campers think you are a d-bag!

Most people go camping to get away from the city. If u want to watch movies and blast your radio/stereo while camping, just stay at home.

sscouten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sscouten

Anyone seen anything on how dark it has to be to view a picture on this thing? The picture on the sales page seems to be somewhat light and the description talks about it blocking out light - but my previous experience with projectors and screens are that you need it to be almost pitch black outside.

thoughts?

memn0ch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages memn0ch

I bought this on Amazon 3 years ago and love it. Very well built, sturdy. I use sandbags to anchor the legs as I have it near my pool. Weighs about 50 pounds in the bag. First time setting up is tricky and helpful to have 2 people. I leave the frame up all year round now though and just attach the screen for movie nights and can be ready in 10 minutes with a step ladder.

Withstands the elements fairly well but the screen should be pulled down when not in use as the sun damages the satin.

Highly recommended. Would not work well inside unless you have very high ceilings as the frame can be configured only one way.

memn0ch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages memn0ch
sscouten wrote:Anyone seen anything on how dark it has to be to view a picture on this thing? The picture on the sales page seems to be somewhat light and the description talks about it blocking out light - but my previous experience with projectors and screens are that you need it to be almost pitch black outside.

thoughts?

Darkness requirements depend upon you projector. This screen reflects very well but only bright shows work for me before sunset.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Outdoor Movie Gear

Don't miss other stuff for outdoor movie fun in the Outdoor Movie Gear Plus event.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rydethis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydethis

Can you use a dvd player for these or do you have to use a projector?

Touch me in the morning!!

acanarelli

quality posts: 203 Private Messages acanarelli
prttymf8 wrote:Camp Chef? I'm confused. How do I cook on this thing?

Easy! You can cook the steaks that come with it for openers.

TigerJk845

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TigerJk845

I burst out laughing when I first saw the picture of the people sitting outside with the monster TV in the middle of the grass; I've never seen this kind of portable screen before XD

rydethis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rydethis
rydethis wrote:Can you use a dvd player for these or do you have to use a projector?

Never mind I just watched the video. Def needs a projector!!!

Thanks!!

Touch me in the morning!!

capguncowboy

quality posts: 15 Private Messages capguncowboy
silentvirus wrote:Would this only work outside due to the stakes and ropes? Looking for one for my living room, I ordered a projector from Amazon yesterday.

Have you considered painting a wall in your home with theater screen paint? It's a really inexpensive route and it looks great too

benocha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benocha

thank you woot gods, for you have completed my perfect camping theater tri-fecta! just picked up a casio hybrid projector, picked up two tdk 3 speaker boomboxes from the last woot, and now with this screen we can really enjoy a movie on the beach.

sillstaw

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sillstaw

Holy crap, how did you guys know I watched "Miami Connection" yesterday afternoon?!

outoftune

quality posts: 3 Private Messages outoftune

After I buy this, How much will I have to spend on a good/adaquate projector?

Ftwo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ftwo

This movie is everything that is right about a great 80's B-movie.

sillstaw wrote:Holy crap, how did you guys know I watched "Miami Connection" yesterday afternoon?!

A co worker brought the movie out to Afghanistan and we watched Dragon Sound lay down it's fluid high kicking beats last week.

Sadly, we didn't have an amazing projector and screen like this to watch it on, but maybe that's for the best. A life size Miami Connection might just be a little too much for me to handle.

inspector52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inspector52
mtnhrdgr2 wrote:For the people that buy this or already own one, PLEASE DO NOT use this while camping, especially if there are other campers near you.

I went to a campsite last summer and there was a group of campers that were watching movies with their screen. It is NOT ok. As a matter of fact, it is RUDE to do this. No, other campers do NOT think you are cool. Actually, other campers think you are a d-bag!

Most people go camping to get away from the city. If u want to watch movies and blast your radio/stereo while camping, just stay at home.

May be you should find a more isolated Country to go camping. Anybody in this Country that feels like entertaining their friends and family in the great outdoors of America, I give them props.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

"Friends through eternity, loyalty, honesty... We'll stay together through thick or thin..."

mlewie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlewie
sscouten wrote:Anyone seen anything on how dark it has to be to view a picture on this thing? The picture on the sales page seems to be somewhat light and the description talks about it blocking out light - but my previous experience with projectors and screens are that you need it to be almost pitch black outside.

thoughts?

We start our movies at dusk when shadows cover our patio. Obviously, the picture will improve as darkness falls.

cairnblsd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cairnblsd

And here I was hoping none of my immediate neighbors will get something like this since this has to be used at night and I have to get up before dawn so go to bed early. To me, this rates on the scale of a barking dog, does anyone really want to listen to their neighbors movie sounds into the night? Hopefully those who get this have generous space to use it.

inspector52 wrote:May be you should find a more isolated Country to go camping. Anybody in this Country that feels like entertaining their friends and family in the great outdoors of America, I give them props.

cairnblsd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cairnblsd

Completely agree.

mtnhrdgr2 wrote:For the people that buy this or already own one, PLEASE DO NOT use this while camping, especially if there are other campers near you.

mlewie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlewie
outoftune wrote:After I buy this, How much will I have to spend on a good/adaquate projector?

For outdoor use, I wouldn't go overboard as sitting around on the patio with the neighbors isn't exactly a critical viewing environment. I paid about $600 for a new Epson that does 720P with an HDMI connector and provides 2000 lumens. Very happy with this for outdoor use. Be on the lookout for good used models on CL but be wary -- replacement bulbs can cost hundreds of dollars.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
cairnblsd wrote:Completely agree.

Completely DISAGREE

Most campgrounds have curfews as long as your not watching movies at 2am who cares. People need to mind there own business. I highly doubt people using this outdoors are going to have 1000 watt sound systems with subs while using this Probably be less noisy than the typical drunk people hanging out around a camp fire.

MaddMattsEnt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaddMattsEnt

It all depends on the projector. I host backyard movie nights almost weekly during the summer and with a projector over 4500 lumens or more, I can get away with 30 minutes before dusk. As you would imagine, darker is better

thoughts?

grimor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages grimor

I wouldn't really recommend this for a living room, there are other screens you can get (or just paint a wall) that would be cheaper and easy to manage.

These are ok for large indoor areas though, when we use ours indoors we secure the lines to the ends of the legs. This helps give it some stability but doesn't need to be anchored to prevent blowing away.

Woots: 121 Items: 236-2 Last Woot: 05/07/2012 Woot Wage: $4,559.41

grimor

quality posts: 7 Private Messages grimor

When we got ours, a few of the metal pieces on the buttons were broke (or missing) Sent an email to Camp Chef and they sent me out replacements quickly.

Woots: 121 Items: 236-2 Last Woot: 05/07/2012 Woot Wage: $4,559.41

curta9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curta9

Some folks go to campgrounds to party, some to enjoy the peace and quiet of nature. Some are smart enough and considerate enough to behave in a manner that is compatible with both. Some revel in ignorance and selfishness.

I'm reminded of a campground neighbor that set up a generator with a long cord, so it wouldn't bother them. They put it next to our tent.

cmacclel wrote:Completely DISAGREE

Most campgrounds have curfews as long as your not watching movies at 2am who cares. People need to mind there own business. I highly doubt people using this outdoors are going to have 1000 watt sound systems with subs while using this Probably be less noisy than the typical drunk people hanging out around a camp fire.

mworley1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mworley1

Some screens allow the projector to throw the image when placed behind the screen, others are opaque and therefore the image must come from a projector placed in front of the screen. Does this one allow for positioning the projector on either side?

hekster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hekster

Which or what type of projector would go with this? I know nuttin about projectors!!! Don't want to spend too much money and dont need any bells or whistles--just good quality for the ragamuffins.