benocha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benocha

im curious if i can re-enforce it so it less prone to tearing? and to the guys who keep bickering about what camping is, some people like to use a bush and a hole, some like a toilet. it doesnt mean they are enjoying the great outdoors.

anyways my master plan for our camping trip is two TDK boomboxes that are battery powered for our fishing off the cliff side and one for the ladies at the thermals. at dusk i plan on setting up the screen and letting the sun warm it up to take out the wrinkles. and after it gets dark il put my honda gen 10-12 ft away with an extension cord leading to the screen where il have the two boomboxes as weights to hold down the screen, and a small table to set up the ps3, blu-ray of hansel and gretel and have the kids and family enjoy a movie under the stars enjoying the cool summer air. eventually the kids will probably pop in injustice and spend the night playing games while the adults play poker and drink spirits.

tbase

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tbase

That's the thing- that's not camping, that's RVing. Best place I've ever camped was Stone Mountain State Park in North Carolina. They had 2 camping areas- one for RV's (pretty much an open parking lot) and one for tents (nicely shaded spots tucked in the trees). There were a couple of pop-ups and an Westfalia in the tent area, but generators and AC units were not allowed.

If you're talking about using this next to your massive 5th wheel or tour bus, I think that's great. If you're planning on using this where it's mostly tents, "considerate" is probably not a word people would use to describe you.

Some people use tents because they can't afford and RV, most use them because they want to have a genuine camping experience which doesn't include camping at a drive-in.

And the worst campground was Cherry Blossom or Hill or something just outside of D.C. They also had a tents only section- unfortunately they put it up against the chain-link fence that separated it from the Beltway about 20 yards away.

saruyama wrote:5th wheels and 120-inch screens count as camping?

THIS PLACE HAS BIG BUILDINGS.
I LIKE FOOD.

midiwall

quality posts: 2 Private Messages midiwall
gmartell wrote:How are you guys handling the sound? Waterproof lawn speakers?

I use this:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C1AO2I/

The sub goes on the patio, then the soundbar goes on a chair about 8' in front of us. Works awesome!

:: Mark

Koreeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Koreeth

I had purchased one of these from Costco a while back.

Unfortunately it did not have one of the 'B-C' pieces so I never did use it.

Never received a reply from the company about a replacement.

My son uses the screen with hooks on a garage wall now.

tra2360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tra2360
Agerak wrote:That's when you pee in the gas tank and dump some dirt in it. Tends to stop making noise shortly after that.

A bit of water from the ol' canteen into the fuel tank works wonders...

benocha

Has anybody gotten theirs yet? Mine still says awaiting shipping since monday....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

benocha wrote:Has anybody gotten theirs yet? Mine still says awaiting shipping since monday....

This is being drop shipped so please allow 3-5 business days for the order processing and shipping out. Thanks!

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

benocha

to anyone wondering i called camp chef and was told they finalized the last shipping orders on tuesday. i understand it takes 3-5 business days for it to ship but there must be some tracking numbers if they shipped them on tuesday. btw they are in Utah.

still waiting on my tracking....

sorry woot im just kinda impatient and i know now to pay the extra dough for quicker shipping

tanlogic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tanlogic

Got mine late last week and put it together last night...fit is pretty tight. Could not get the velcro straps to go through the hooks (only one corner one was close enough to close) - hoping that the screen stretches out over time or something. Too scared to pull too hard and accidentally rip the material. It was fun to try out though and will put my projector back to use (it's been in storage since I moved to a new place)

benocha

Woot is really letting me down. Still at awaiting shipping for over a week now. Several emails to support got me a "we are working with the vendor, we will get back to you". Calls to camp chef got me no where. My order is 44742732. I know something happened and feel like im being avoided.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

benocha wrote:Woot is really letting me down. Still at awaiting shipping for over a week now. Several emails to support got me a "we are working with the vendor, we will get back to you". Calls to camp chef got me no where. My order is 44742732. I know something happened and feel like im being avoided.

Sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with Woot Member Services. I'll forward your post along to Member Services to see if I can find you a resolve.

benocha

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with Woot Member Services. I'll forward your post along to Member Services to see if I can find you a resolve.

Thank you

philengle65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philengle65
ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that you're encountering issues with Woot Member Services. I'll forward your post along to Member Services to see if I can find you a resolve.

Same here. Mine still shows 'awaiting shipping', and it has been 9 days. What's going on here???

benocha

philengle65 wrote:Same here. Mine still shows 'awaiting shipping', and it has been 9 days. What's going on here???

On the same boat. Im in san diego and it should have been here by now. Then again mine still says awaiting shipping. Sent my third email today and still waiting for a reply. They got my money so wheres to screen?

benocha

woo....i was about to start writing a page long rant since it hit 3:30 in san diego and i knew that if it didnt ship today i wouldnt get it in time for memorial day. came in the mail today at 3:34pm in a cardboard box labeled OEG backyard big screen. will update with quality later on.

blake20027

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blake20027

Got my screen in yesterday 5/23/13. Easy to set up, but I have 10 black spots on my screen. Tried to clean it, but it has stained the screen. NOT A HAPPY WOOTER!!!!!!!!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

blake20027 wrote:Got my screen in yesterday 5/23/13. Easy to set up, but I have 10 black spots on my screen. Tried to clean it, but it has stained the screen. NOT A HAPPY WOOTER!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the problems. Try contacting Camp Chef as they may have an idea on cleaning the stains off. If not, they'll be the ones that can work with you on a replacement screen.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items