WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bem Bluetooth Speakers

You like the speakers. But you hate the wires. Like, HATE. If you see a wire, you start screaming and swearing until someone comes over to hold you back, and even then you're like WIRE YOU'RE LUCKY MY BOY'S HERE TO HOLD ME BACK OR I'D BEAT YOU LIKE YOU WERE GLASS JOE IN "PUNCH OUT"! So, yeah. Try Bluetooth speakers.

acibush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acibush

Do these speakers have mics so you can use speakerphone? It kind of looks like it but doesn't say, unless I missed it.

pedrettb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pedrettb

Anybody have one of these? I'm looking for a bluetooth speaker to mount to a bicycle. I had a 3 Watt speaker, but it was too quiet

bbc55555

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bbc55555

Has anyone found any good reviews online? I'm looking for speakers to bring to the pool/beach to listen to pandora but I haven't been able to find any reviews. The price is great, but I'd like to know if there's any feedback about them anywhere?

brohr779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brohr779

This speaker fills the entire lower floor of my house. I have a small orange cube. I love it and all of our friends have been impressed with the quality of it.

This tiny cube bumps.

pedrettb wrote:Anybody have one of these? I'm looking for a bluetooth speaker to mount to a bicycle. I had a 3 Watt speaker, but it was too quiet

brohr779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brohr779

The cube would be perfect for a pool.

The sound quality is really fine and we get as many as 6 hours off a charge when it is stand alone and unplugged.

bbc55555 wrote:Has anyone found any good reviews online? I'm looking for speakers to bring to the pool/beach to listen to pandora but I haven't been able to find any reviews. The price is great, but I'd like to know if there's any feedback about them anywhere?

bemwireless

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bemwireless
acibush wrote:Do these speakers have mics so you can use speakerphone? It kind of looks like it but doesn't say, unless I missed it.

Hi, This is Karin from Bem Wireless. Thanks for checking out our product. The 4 items listed do not have mics built in. No room for a mic, the space is taken up by the speaker for amazing sound!!

bemwireless

bbc55555 wrote:Has anyone found any good reviews online? I'm looking for speakers to bring to the pool/beach to listen to pandora but I haven't been able to find any reviews. The price is great, but I'd like to know if there's any feedback about them anywhere?

Hi - This is Karin from Bem Wireless. We have tons of reviews for our products, check them out at this link: https://www.evernote.com/pub/bryan_bem/bemarticlesreviews

bemwireless

pedrettb wrote:Anybody have one of these? I'm looking for a bluetooth speaker to mount to a bicycle. I had a 3 Watt speaker, but it was too quiet

Hi - This is Karin from Bem Wireless. Thanks for checking out our products! The sound of our Bluetooth speakers will blow you away, they are definitely not too quiet like your previous speaker. Our Mobile Speaker is looking forward to going on a bike ride with you!!

mybestuser1

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybestuser1

I feel sad that nobody mentioned that Bem stands for bug eyed monster. My question is what is the power rating per channel for the bēm Wireless L2021A luetooth Boom Box.

Nothing is free but if you are lucky it can be inexpensive.

zollars23

quality posts: 11 Private Messages zollars23

Does anyone know how these compare to the Jawbone Jambox? I've tested the Jawbone, SkullCandy's, Bose & others.

The Jambox is the best I've found so far, but I don't like the price. Also, are these available in any brick & mortar stores?

(V) (;,,;) (V) <---Zoidberg

slukster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slukster

Here are some excellent reviews on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Bem-HL2002B-Speaker-Trio-Smartphones/dp/B00AXX0LRG

faolin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faolin

FYI there's a $20 off coupon on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Coupons) that lowers the price of the the Purple Bem speaker to $50.67 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AHHYTGW/). It's a cheaper alternative if you haven't unlocked free shipping yet and don't care about which colour you get.

EDIT: The $20 appears to apply to all of the different colours when you go to the Amazon product page, which means that ALL of the Bems are ~$5 cheaper there.

hisokuj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hisokuj

I'm wondering if the outlet speakers can be charged and used just as a normal bluetooth speaker anywhere, or if they're power dependent?

schecterriot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schecterriot

Can you use the speakers in the three-piece sets separately, or do they all have to be within range of the base to work?

wooowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooowoot

Please list wattage of trio and, when you do, specify if it's for 1 cube or a total of all three. Thanks.

crogs571

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crogs571

I'd give the boom box a shot if it had some wattage numbers. Despite Karen enthusiasm and links, there is no real info or reviews on it. The cube and trio have some reviews on amazon. Most of the links on ever note are just introductions. Not dropping over $100 without some more info. Will stick with my logistics s715i and bluetooth dock adapter.

More info please. Considering this stuff was introduced in February and already on wood and discounted heavily on amazon (single cubes) doesn't seem too promising.

mrljota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrljota

Supertooth Disco Bluetooth Speaker, 28 watts, $112 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002G1Y7LO?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

ironpeddler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ironpeddler

I've had this speaker in my Master bath for a few months now. It's a rock solid design that pairs easily with both my iPhone 4S and my business Blackberry Curve. It has very clear sound and very little bass, as to be expected. It fills the bathroom quite nicely, but it isn't for larger rooms or outdoors. I had it to the beach the other day and it was lost in the breeze. It really sparkles when placed a few inches away from a wall to help with the low frequencies. It came with a charger that charges quickly and it seems to hold a charge for about 3-4 hours, I never had it die completely. I bought it from another 'Deal Site' for under $35 including shipping. I have a bunch of bluetooth speakers...Big Jambox, Little Jambox, Veho, iLive, Altec Lancing, Bose, etc. and this one is on keel with the little round silver & black iLive wireless speaker. I'd say the $50 price is right at the max I would pay for the Bem...any more and I would look elsewhere.

pmalboeuf1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pmalboeuf1

http://www.bemwireless.com/support-user-manual-and-specs

Specs for all the speakers!

bemwireless

mybestuser1 wrote:I feel sad that nobody mentioned that Bem stands for bug eyed monster. My question is what is the power rating per channel for the bēm Wireless L2021A luetooth Boom Box.

You can check out product specs here: http://www.bemwireless.com/support-user-manual-and-specs

crogs571

pmalboeuf1 wrote:http://www.bemwireless.com/support-user-manual-and-specs

Specs for all the speakers!

17w total on the boombox isn't doing it for me. $140 should be it's normal price, if that. Actually, all of their speakers seem like the woot prices should be their standard price. And the groupon they had for the cube was a $29. Don't see how these are deals. Too much competition at those price points.

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs
crogs571 wrote:17w total on the boombox isn't doing it for me. $140 should be it's normal price, if that. Actually, all of their speakers seem like the woot prices should be their standard price. And the groupon they had for the cube was a $29. Don't see how these are deals. Too much competition at those price points.

Even $77 for the outlet speaker is too rich for my blood. Neat idea, and I know exactly where I'd put them in a few rooms.

(>.<)\m/

bemwireless

hisokuj wrote:I'm wondering if the outlet speakers can be charged and used just as a normal bluetooth speaker anywhere, or if they're power dependent?

The Outlet Speaker is designed for office/kitchen/dorm room/travel no charging, just plug in and you have continuous Bluetooth play. If you are looking for portability, check out our other options Mobile Speaker and Boom Box.

obmijimbo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obmijimbo

I got the green cube on another deal site for $29, and it's clearly worth that price. The sound is quite good, althought the bass does not compare at all to what I get from the jambox. Even at high volumes, the bem sounds pretty clear, and gets quite loud, as loud as the jambox, though the single speaker limits the fullness of sound.
The design is very cool, and the case is rubberized, which gives it a nice look...and it feels very solid in your hand.
To sum up, I would say it's worth this woot price, but tough knowing that it's sold for much less on other sites. It seems to me that bem chose deal sites as their distribution strategy, making it hard to find price comparisons and reviews on mainstream sites.

bemwireless

schecterriot wrote:Can you use the speakers in the three-piece sets separately, or do they all have to be within range of the base to work?

The Speaker Trio is the product you are referring to. The speakers can be moved around a room/house/apartment/patio each speaker can be up to 115 feet from the base (Bluetooth up to 25 feet from base). The base is used for charging and sends the signal to each of the 3 speakers. http://www.bemwireless.com/speaker-trio

bemwireless

brohr779 wrote:This speaker fills the entire lower floor of my house. I have a small orange cube. I love it and all of our friends have been impressed with the quality of it.

This tiny cube bumps.

Glad you like your orange Mobile Speaker brohr779 and your friends are also impressed with the quality. We have had excellent feedback and other consumers agree, this tiny cube bumps! Look for more cools colors to be out this summer!

bemwireless

wooowoot wrote:Please list wattage of trio and, when you do, specify if it's for 1 cube or a total of all three. Thanks.

http://www.bemwireless.com/support-user-manual-and-specs
Three(3) - 2 watt RMS speakers

bemwireless

http://www.bemwireless.com/review/product/list/id/4/#customer-reviews

crogs571

bemwireless wrote:http://www.bemwireless.com/review/product/list/id/4/#customer-reviews

Keep in mind most of those reviews are from people who bought it at the Groupon price which is close to half of what they are charging here.

koiostheia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koiostheia

We bought 3 of these small cube speakers from this company on their website, one for each of our kids to have in their rooms and in their favorite colors. We are so pleased with the quality product and sound that we are back to take advantage of this offer. We have purchased the 'boom box' to have on our patio this summer and easily take music where ever we sit outside enjoying our tunes, we can't wait to receive it!!!! Based on our prior purchases, we highly recommend the small speaker and expect we will have the same sound and quality from this 'boom box'.

tsf42m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsf42m

Is the "Aux out" on the products just passthru of the "Aux in" or does it output the bluetooth source as well?

bia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bia

We bought the boom box on their website and it is awesome! It is much cheaper here The up side is that now we can get another one, we love it!! Can't wait to have it by the pool!

koiostheia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koiostheia
tsf42m wrote:Is the "Aux out" on the products just passthru of the "Aux in" or does it output the bluetooth source as well?

the Bluetooth source also i am sure

bemwireless

tsf42m wrote:Is the "Aux out" on the products just passthru of the "Aux in" or does it output the bluetooth source as well?

Hey there, it outputs the Bluetooth source as well. Let me know if I can be of further assistance!

extech01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages extech01
ironpeddler wrote:I've had this speaker in my Master bath for a few months now. It's a rock solid design that pairs easily with both my iPhone 4S and my business Blackberry Curve. It has very clear sound and very little bass, as to be expected. It fills the bathroom quite nicely, but it isn't for larger rooms or outdoors. I had it to the beach the other day and it was lost in the breeze. It really sparkles when placed a few inches away from a wall to help with the low frequencies. It came with a charger that charges quickly and it seems to hold a charge for about 3-4 hours, I never had it die completely. I bought it from another 'Deal Site' for under $35 including shipping. I have a bunch of bluetooth speakers...Big Jambox, Little Jambox, Veho, iLive, Altec Lancing, Bose, etc. and this one is on keel with the little round silver & black iLive wireless speaker. I'd say the $50 price is right at the max I would pay for the Bem...any more and I would look elsewhere.

I have the aliph jawbone jambox. how does it compare to that? I could use another.

miniskunk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages miniskunk

The Boom Box also stops at 100hz? Is that meant as some kind of joke? You don't call anything a boombox with so little bass capability.

mybestuser1

miniskunk wrote:The Boom Box also stops at 100hz? Is that meant as some kind of joke? You don't call anything a boombox with so little bass capability.

What about the upper end 16000KHz It is almost as big a joke. This boom box is designed for very bad mp3's. I am pretty sure the Signal-to-Noise: 60dB is unacceptable as well. Edited.

mybestuser1

Sorry I missed there is actually a rep and I feel sorry for the rep trying to sell these speakers. Comment on edit.