12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2663 Private Messages lichme

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

This is an awesome Windows Phone! but to note; this will only run Windows Phone 7.8 and not Windows Phone 8.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3128 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Read (and watch) this "excellent" review over at cnet.com

the1pony

quality posts: 6 Private Messages the1pony

I actually dread the day I have to "upgrade" to my next phone. I love my Lumia 900.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3128 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Great reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at amazon

char71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages char71

If i didn't already have my 920, i would jump on this.

hehersontan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hehersontan

Is this CDMA or GSM?

The specs page shows both WCDMA and GSM frequencies, but I think this is just the general specification for Lumia 900.

messyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages messyt

If you read the reviews on amazon.com be sure to filter by newest review first. This phone is becoming dated and after people have used it for a while, you can read the quirks about this phone. Also keep in mind, the next samsung galaxy 4 will have eye ball scrolling making the screen touch free. Also, apple will be reveiling a new iphone in Sept. woot is a last ditch effort to make a small amount of money on stuff That is about to tank in value, or it is a site for amazon to get rid of useless inventory while making a hefty profit from suckers.

MaxAwesome

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MaxAwesome
hehersontan wrote:Is this CDMA or GSM?

The specs page shows both WCDMA and GSM frequencies, but I think this is just the general specification for Lumia 900.

WCDMA is not the same as CDMA. Rest assured that this is a GSM phone. Here's more info on the differences between WCDMA and CDMA for those curious:
http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-cdma-and-wcdma/

Venardhi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Venardhi
messyt wrote:If you read the reviews on amazon.com be sure to filter by newest review first. This phone is becoming dated and after people have used it for a while, you can read the quirks about this phone. Also keep in mind, the next samsung galaxy 4 will have eye ball scrolling making the screen touch free. Also, apple will be reveiling a new iphone in Sept. woot is a last ditch effort to make a small amount of money on stuff That is about to tank in value, or it is a site for amazon to get rid of useless inventory while making a hefty profit from suckers.

It is absolutely dated, but for $200 unlocked, you aren't going to do much better. For someone who wants a phone first, multimedia machine second, this is a great deal.

anilpillai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anilpillai

Got it in the sale from couple weeks ago. Sold it within a few days. Too many missing features like the incapability to run Google Voice app, no HD, and an outdated OS that cannot be upgraded.

I will wait a month or so to get the 920.

MaxAwesome

messyt wrote:If you read the reviews on amazon.com be sure to filter by newest review first. This phone is becoming dated and after people have used it for a while, you can read the quirks about this phone. Also keep in mind, the next samsung galaxy 4 will have eye ball scrolling making the screen touch free. Also, apple will be reveiling a new iphone in Sept. woot is a last ditch effort to make a small amount of money on stuff That is about to tank in value, or it is a site for amazon to get rid of useless inventory while making a hefty profit from suckers.

The iPhone 5S (or whatever it will be called) and the Samsung Galaxy S 4 are both $650+ for the unlocked, contract-free versions. How can you possibly compare them to this phone?

Yes, it's a bit dated, but it is still a very solid phone, by a quality manufacturer. Nokia has great customer satisfaction ratings, and while Windows Phone 7 OS is capped at version 7.8, it still has enough features for most folks, at a bargain price.

Just sayin' -- this ain't a $650+ phone, but for some folks, that's a good thing.

flannelman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flannelman

It's a solid phone for $200 unlocked. It may not be great for the power users that Android attracts and may not have the glitz and glamor that Apple brings but it will get the basics done. Also it just recently got an update. Looking for a phone to get you by to replace a broken one or throw on an MVNO for cheap service then this will do pig. This will do.

powermatt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages powermatt

For $200 I suppose it's a pretty good deal. You get Nokia's sexy hardware, but the OS will never see another official update, so there's not much future in this phone. If you want something that's going to still be running the latest apps a year from now, I'd put serious thought into saving up another $100 and getting a Nexus 4.

MaxAwesome

anilpillai wrote:Got it in the sale from couple weeks ago. Sold it within a few days. Too many missing features like the incapability to run Google Voice app, no HD, and an outdated OS that cannot be upgraded.

I will wait a month or so to get the 920.

There's no official Google Voice app for Windows Phone 8, either. There are, however, third party apps that work just fine for both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
flannelman wrote:It's a solid phone for $200 unlocked. It may not be great for the power users that Android attracts and may not have the glitz and glamor that Apple brings but it will get the basics done. Also it just recently got an update. Looking for a phone to get you by to replace a broken one or throw on an MVNO for cheap service then this will do pig. This will do.

Even these "dated" phones as some are calling them have it all over Android, which is STILL not ready for prime time and a clunky excuse for a phone OS. I work in IT and we're all a bunch of dorks, but every person but for a few hold outs went from Android to iOS or stuck with Apple. The hold outs tend to be those people that say "I don't like Apple" - whatever that means - and usually admit that iOS is the better of the two when truly compared.
That said, I loves me my iphone, but these Nokia's are awesome as well. Super tempted to get one to fool with it for a while. Excellent price. Friend of mine had this and now the 920 and couldn't be happier.

mpanelo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mpanelo

Please paint me a picture. Will this work with Straight Talk or any comparably priced plan? Thank you.

love, laugh, golf

SeeTheArt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SeeTheArt

Wait a minute … what happened to two-fer Tuesday?

flannelman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flannelman
mpanelo wrote:Please paint me a picture. Will this work with Straight Talk or any comparably priced plan? Thank you.

It "should" If it's an international version you will be fine with any sim based MVNO. If it's an unlocked AT&T version then you would want to make sure you get an AT&T based MVNO. Straight Talk recently stopped selling at&t sims and whats left is expensive to get a hold of. Net10 is $5 more and you can get their at&t sims fairly cheaply on e-bay and I don't believe they sell their AT&T sims anymore. Also their is a hard 1.5gb cap on AT&T data from Net10. (AT&T seems to be restricting the heck out of MVNO's lately)

*edit* should read the description better it will work with any SIM carrier.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

SeeTheArt wrote:Wait a minute … what happened to two-fer Tuesday?

We will still occasionally offer a Two-for-Twoesday deal, but we stopped making them regular occurrence awhile ago.

shamu613

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shamu613
MaxAwesome wrote:The iPhone 5S (or whatever it will be called) and the Samsung Galaxy S 4 are both $650+ for the unlocked, contract-free versions. How can you possibly compare them to this phone?

I'm stupid enough not to know so I have to ask. Where would one buy an unlocked S4? And could I slip my AT&T Go-phone sim card into it and start using it?

HughHemington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages HughHemington

This phone is blown out routinely these days, and it's a good phone for $200.

But I'd really like to get an unlocked phone that runs Android to get on the Walmart plan, and it isn't clear that there is a build that works on this phone. Then if it did, the odd processor may flumix some software, so every time I see this same deal, I go back and forth but pass it up every time.

AlfMcCool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlfMcCool

The Lumia 928, called Catwalk on Tmobile USA, should be out on the 16th as well. Verizon has first dibbs it seems.

For us Tmobile users we can hold out till June and hop on the Lumia 925(the model newer than the 928). Details here http://www.media-server.com/m/p/nwg7igc4

I'm still using my old Nokia N8 running Symbian Belle. Anyone know what's happening with the N Series line?

This handset for the $200 aint too shabby.

nicolevonmick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolevonmick

Probably a dumb question, but those anyone know if you can use these phones outside of the US aswell? I'm really keen on getting this one.

kevadu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevadu
AlfMcCool wrote:I'm still using my old Nokia N8 running Symbian Belle. Anyone know what's happening with the N Series line?

It's dead, sadly. Never mind that they were always more popular than this Windows Phone stuff, the Microsoft shill who is running Nokia now decided that they shall be no more.

The Nokia 808 (which is basically the successor to your N8) is Nokia's last Symbian phone. There will be no more.

The 808 is a friggin great phone, though. What a way to go out...

nicolevonmick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicolevonmick

I read into the usage of cellphones more and found out that, yes, you can use these phones outside of the US (since they are SIM lock free). That, and I'm just extremely paranoid when it comes to technical snuff. The more you know...

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

I'll like to hear from someone who has one and is using it daily. What carrier are you using it on? Is it a solid and trouble-free phone? Do you have to sync with a computer to operate the phone or only if you want to add additonal apps?

Thanks guys.

sschumac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sschumac

Can I use my SIM card from my Verizon Galaxy S3 in this unlocked phone?

ericshmerick

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ericshmerick
powermatt wrote:For $200 I suppose it's a pretty good deal. You get Nokia's sexy hardware, but the OS will never see another official update, so there's not much future in this phone. If you want something that's going to still be running the latest apps a year from now, I'd put serious thought into saving up another $100 and getting a Nexus 4.

Sound advice. Or the lumia 521, which is basic, locked to T-Mo, runs Win8 and is only $129 at Walmart (out the door price - use on prepaid, postpaid, etc.).

I have a 521 but it's not replacing my N4 any time soon.

dwicker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dwicker
morninglark wrote:I'll like to hear from someone who has one and is using it daily. What carrier are you using it on? Is it a solid and trouble-free phone? Do you have to sync with a computer to operate the phone or only if you want to add additonal apps?

Thanks guys.

I've used this phone daily for a little over a year. AT&T is my carrier. The phone is quite trouble-free. There have been zero freezes in that timeframe, unlike my old iPhone that would freeze daily and require resets. You do have to update this phone via a computer, but being that Windows Phone 7.8 is the final update that this phone will ever see, you should be able to do the update and never plug it in again. Bonus, if you have a Wireless-G router, you can sync and add music, videos, and media wirelessly (but the wireless sync is not compatible with any higher speeds than Wireless-G).

The biggest drawback to any Windows Phone is the lack of apps. Most of the big hitters are available, aside from Pandora. But most app developers don't really see Windows Phone as being a profitable platform.

It's really a solid phone, and if I didn't have the gadget itch to upgrade to a new Galaxy, I'd keep this phone for years.

IPDaly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IPDaly
michaelvella wrote:Even these "dated" phones as some are calling them have it all over Android, which is STILL not ready for prime time and a clunky excuse for a phone OS. I work in IT and we're all a bunch of dorks, but every person but for a few hold outs went from Android to iOS or stuck with Apple. The hold outs tend to be those people that say "I don't like Apple" - whatever that means - and usually admit that iOS is the better of the two when truly compared.
That said, I loves me my iphone, but these Nokia's are awesome as well. Super tempted to get one to fool with it for a while. Excellent price. Friend of mine had this and now the 920 and couldn't be happier.

ocg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ocg
morninglark wrote:I'll like to hear from someone who has one and is using it daily. What carrier are you using it on? Is it a solid and trouble-free phone? Do you have to sync with a computer to operate the phone or only if you want to add additonal apps?

Thanks guys.

I've also used this phone for about a year, with AT&T. I love it. My first one did have a manufacturing defect (the voice search would automatically trigger when I played Plants Vs. Zombies), but once I swapped it out, it was fine. It's a very reliable phone. The only time I have problems with it is if I leave it on for a long time (a few weeks?)without rebooting it. You have to use the computer to update the software, but you can set it up to automatically sync with Zune software on your computer over Wi-Fi if it's connected to the same network as your PC and has been plugged in for a few minutes. You can also install apps over Wi-Fi (or I suppose over cellular data... if you have a big enough plan!)

The one downside is, as others have mentioned, the lack of apps. Granted, I have found an app for just about everything I need to do. I may only have one or two options for each function, but I don't feel like the phone is crippled as a result.

As for everyone who says this is out of date... guess what, all phones go out of date too quickly, that's why they keep selling new models!

klandon61

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klandon61

Am on the market for new phone and a T-Mobile user - Nokia Lumia 521 is $130 and has Windows 8. Hard to beat.

adcuthbert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adcuthbert

I searched the tmobile website and they do not have the 900 listed as a compatible phone for the plan. I don't know much about all this, but that means this won't work with tmobile..why?

gak0090

quality posts: 76 Private Messages gak0090
michaelvella wrote:Even these "dated" phones as some are calling them have it all over Android, which is STILL not ready for prime time and a clunky excuse for a phone OS. I work in IT and we're all a bunch of dorks, but every person but for a few hold outs went from Android to iOS or stuck with Apple. The hold outs tend to be those people that say "I don't like Apple" - whatever that means - and usually admit that iOS is the better of the two when truly compared.

"I loves me my Iphone" says it all. I'm sure your IT department is stellar. By the way iOS = Apple, I would think that being such an Apple fan, you would know that. Hopefully you had enough hold outs left that knew how to actually run your IT department.

bowlingb

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bowlingb

So we can expect to see facebook phones real soon now?

christri25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christri25

I have one. I have had it for a year on AT&T. If you live in a LTE market it is super fast for web browsing. I have it loaded with music and pics and it has not slowed down at all. I just got the windows 7.8 update on it as well. Syncs up nice if you are a outlook.com user.

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP

"Hmm looks interesting. Nokia makes good phones. What operating system does it use? Oh it doesn't say on this page. That's a bad sign. Let's see how many clicks it takes to find out what operating system it uses."

bluemaple

quality posts: 66 Private Messages bluemaple

gak0090 wrote:"I loves me my Iphone" says it all. I'm sure your IT department is stellar. By the way iOS = Apple, I would think that being such an Apple fan, you would know that. Hopefully you had enough hold outs left that knew how to actually run your IT department.

@gak0090, you might not like what @michaelvella said, but he did not indicate there was a difference between Apple & iOS - he simply used the two terms interchangeably.